PDA

View Full Version : so, i can't make fun of corso now?

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 03:55 PM
ESPN "College GameDay" analyst Lee Corso recently suffered a minor stroke, but plans on being back for the kickoff of the 2009 college football season.

Corso suffered no permanent damage in the minor stroke, which was caused by the blockage to a small artery, according to a statement from Corso. He is expected to make a full recovery.

"This is just a small bump in the road," Corso said in a statement issued by ESPN. "A 'not so fast, my friend' in my game of life. I look forward to making a full recovery and returning to ESPN for my 23rd season analyzing the greatest sport in the world -- college football."

Corso, who played collegiately at Florida State, is a former head coach at Louisville, Indiana and Northern Illinois. He also coached the Orlando Renegades of the USFL.

He joined ESPN in 1987.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 03:59 PM
ESPN "College GameDay" analyst Lee Corso recently suffered a minor stroke, but plans on being back for the kickoff of the 2009 college football season.

Corso suffered no permanent damage in the minor stroke, which was caused by the blockage to a small artery, according to a statement from Corso. He is expected to make a full recovery.

"This is just a small bump in the road," Corso said in a statement issued by ESPN. "A 'not so fast, my friend' in my game of life. I look forward to making a full recovery and returning to ESPN for my 23rd season analyzing the greatest sport in the world -- college football."

Corso, who played collegiately at Florida State, is a former head coach at Louisville, Indiana and Northern Illinois. He also coached the Orlando Renegades of the USFL.

He joined ESPN in 1987.

This part of the article is the release form to continue on with making fun

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 04:01 PM
He's good for the game.

sooner94
6/2/2009, 04:11 PM
While I don't like some of the things he has said about our program, he is good for the game. I think Lee tries to rile up the fans. Its good for ratings.

Herbie and him play Good Cop/Bad Cop.

tomtom
6/2/2009, 04:45 PM
I'll still make fun of him long after his dead.

olevetonahill
6/2/2009, 05:02 PM
Id make fun of him even if it were a permanent thing and he was drooling everywhere

rainiersooner
6/2/2009, 05:09 PM
Id make fun of him even if it were a permanent thing and he was drooling everywhere

I've definitely already seen him drool on tv.

AlbqSooner
6/2/2009, 08:02 PM
I had a minor stroke 6 years ago. Trust me when I tell you - they are only minor when they happen to someone else. Scary stuff.

goingoneight
6/2/2009, 08:07 PM

Doesn't stop anyone from making fun of Lou Holtzschl;khjdflkjahsdfzsch.:D

Seamus
6/2/2009, 08:46 PM
He's good for the game.

Ummm, maybe not so much.

The game was fine before he was a drooling idiot, and it will be fine now that he's had a stroke. And it will be fine once he's forcing St. Peter to palm-slap his own forehead.

Well, maybe Lee will start to make sense now ...

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 09:13 PM
Ummm, maybe not so much.

The game was fine before he was a drooling idiot, and it will be fine now that he's had a stroke. And it will be fine once he's forcing St. Peter to palm-slap his own forehead.

Well, maybe Lee will start to make sense now ...

as much as people bash him, i find the head gear selection one of the best parts about College Football Saturday.

but people always want to bitch about something.

goingoneight
6/2/2009, 10:56 PM
They only bash him because they take him seriously. His antics usually are for show, but sometimes, if you read him right... he makes sense. The headgear and the screaming at the fans is part of why he isn't replaced by a greater mind of the game like Switzer who would give no just his non-BS opinion with a one-liner or two.

ouleaf
6/3/2009, 12:55 AM
What's the over/under on "stroke" related signs seen on TV at the first Game Day this season?

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:01 AM
I'm sure there will be lots of them.

but just imagine if it was your dad, and people had signs like that.

Now if Corso were to get a DWI or something, more power to the signs...

Crucifax Autumn
6/3/2009, 01:27 AM
Recent Fottage of Corso:

bnWpGcUbr0M

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:29 AM
Recent Fottage of Corso:

bnWpGcUbr0M

the first time i saw that episode... wow.. funny

sooner94
6/3/2009, 12:25 PM
Lee Corso puts on a show to rile people up. Whether people like him or dislike him, they will tune in to see what he has to say (I do).

While I don't like what he says about OU sometimes, I definitely put him in a class above Reese, May, Holtz, etc. I change the channel when those d-bags are on the air. The GameDay set, with Kirk as good cop and Lee as bad cop, is the only ESPN college football show I will watch.

You gotta love when Lee puts the mascot head on at the end of the show.

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 12:50 PM
I'm sure there will be lots of them.

but just imagine if it was your dad, and people had signs like that.

Now if Corso were to get a DWI or something, more power to the signs...

My Dads Dead
hell even Dead hes smarter than corso :P

The Remnant
6/3/2009, 12:54 PM
Corso is annoying yet entertaining at the same time. Howard Cosell was the same way, although on a much higher level.

nativesooner
6/3/2009, 01:02 PM
you can always remain anonymous and just make a sign for Game Day that says:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/nativesooner/STROKE.jpg

oumartin
6/3/2009, 01:10 PM
if there is a gameday in norman have the loudspeakers play billy squier for his arrival

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:23 PM
I'm guessing Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma will be the most important game of the year during that week. I'm sure gameday will be there....

how much will regular season tickets cost to that game? I might buy a few extra for some family.