PDA

View Full Version : Awesome: Obama sells Hummer to the Chicoms..

OklahomaTuba
6/2/2009, 01:26 PM
Hopeandchange!!!

Government Motors has a tenatative agreement to sell its rugged Hummer brand to Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. of China, said a person briefed on the deal.

The Detroit automaker announced Tuesday morning that it had a memorandum of understanding to sell the brand of rugged SUVs, but the buyer's identity was not released. A formal announcement of the buyer was to be made Tuesday afternoon.

Sichuan Tengzhong deals in road construction, pplastics, resins and other industrial products, but Hummer would be its first step into the automotive business, said the person briefed on the deal. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the details have not been made public.http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98IM9S81&show_article=1

Fraggle145
6/2/2009, 01:39 PM
Dude you seriously need to chill out a little bit. I mean **** if you dont take it easy you are going to have an internet coronary.

KC//CRIMSON
6/2/2009, 01:54 PM
Dude you seriously need to chill out a little bit. I mean **** if you dont take it easy you are going to have an internet coronary.

Going to have? He's on his fifth or sixth already. Keep up!

Ike
6/2/2009, 01:58 PM
hear that? Thats the sound of all the other people lining up to buy Hummer who are pissed off that the chicoms are getting it.

What? You don't hear anything? Oh...

My Opinion Matters
6/2/2009, 01:59 PM
...and this is a bad thing because?

NYC Poke
6/2/2009, 02:09 PM

Jobs are bad.

GM said the sale will likely save more than 3,000 U.S. jobs in manufacturing, engineering and at various Hummer dealerships.

As part of the proposed transaction, GM said, Hummer will continue to contract vehicle manufacturing and business services from GM during a transitional period. For example, GM's Shreveport, La., assembly plant would continue to contract to assemble the H3 and H3T through at least 2010.

I wonder how much he sold it for. In my neighborhood, you can get Hummers for around $20.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 02:11 PM
your paying way, way to much

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 02:12 PM
Depends on their experience.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe they are gonna turn them into Transformers and tell them the cube is in the US

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 02:14 PM
Depends on their experience.

or teeth or lack of

Pricetag
6/2/2009, 02:37 PM
These are our military secrets, people!

OklahomaRed
6/2/2009, 03:56 PM
I say we sold the Chi'coms some beach front property in Arizona. :D

It's only a matter of time before Hummer is dead and gone with all the MPG and emission requirements that they will have to meet under our new green government.

Of course, I guess they can always make them, or move manufacturing over to China, and then sell them to the rest of the world who doesn't have to meet our green government's regulations? :confused:

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 04:12 PM
Because Obama did it.

Keep up.

OhU1
6/2/2009, 04:27 PM
What are we going to do next? Sell our government debt to the little yellow guys? Damn Chinese.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 05:18 PM
CHINESE HUMMERS.

I thought you had to go to Vegas for that.

mdklatt
6/2/2009, 06:12 PM
CHINESE HUMMERS.

Ten minutes later you're in the mood for another one.

Lott's Bandana
6/2/2009, 06:33 PM
Maybe they thought they were just getting one.

I mean, they have all the $$$ now right?

VeeJay
6/2/2009, 07:32 PM
I say we sold the Chi'coms some beach front property in Arizona. :D

It's only a matter of time before Hummer is dead and gone with all the MPG and emission requirements that they will have to meet under our new green government.

Of course, I guess they can always make them, or move manufacturing over to China, and then sell them to the rest of the world who doesn't have to meet our green government's regulations? :confused:

DING DING DING!!

Despite they will use lead based paint and pack the doors and roof innards with asbestos and the fact the fibers from the carpet will lodge in your lungs and cause cancer, Brazilians and Mexicans will be driving around in spiffy new smoke-belching Hummers while here in the U.S. we will have these:

http://www.marimonrad.no/works/photography/comissioned_work/M_MAGAZINE_2004-06/Uk2006/uk_green_car_1.jpg

picasso
6/2/2009, 08:19 PM
Because Bush did it.

Keep up.

Sincerely,

Two years ago

GottaHavePride
6/2/2009, 08:24 PM
What are we going to do next? Sell our government debt to the little yellow guys? Damn Chinese.

I see wut u did thar. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 09:52 PM
Sincerely,

Two years agoBush had a 6 year track record of effing up everything he touched (not including his entire life prior to becoming President) by then.

Obama's barely had 6 months and, while the jury is still out, he certainly hasn't done as much damage in such short time as Dubya did.

Sincerely,
Reality

JohnnyMack
6/2/2009, 10:17 PM

Quality.

picasso
6/2/2009, 10:22 PM
Bush had a 6 year track record of effing up everything he touched (not including his entire life prior to becoming President) by then.

Obama's barely had 6 months and, while the jury is still out, he certainly hasn't done as much damage in such short time as Dubya did.

Sincerely,
Reality

Yes, reality is something I don't get much from you.

So Homey's a fiscal conservative military lawyer type who probably has a good working knowledge of the constitution. what the **** makes you guys think he would like anything about Obama?
Nationalize everything? Yeah, Fiat is such a quality *** kicking auto company.

Please keep informing me.

And you're right LAS, we don't know **** about Obama, yet millions of folks voted for him. Brilliant.

arcman46
6/2/2009, 10:46 PM
That stuff you are smoking in LA must be pretty potent. Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

PeoriaSooner
6/3/2009, 01:03 AM

Now that's a sense of humor...sad thing is even they are getting worried about Obama's spending rate. The Chicomms don't mind holding the mortgage on us, our children, and our grandchildren, but they start getting nervous thinking that it will be 7-8 generations from now before we could ever even conceive of being able to pay them back.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:08 AM
the money spent now won't **** things up until like another 15 years.. by then Obama will be long gone, and be praised as the best President of all time.

I hope his damn puppy takes dump on his bed and Michelle sits in it.

MrJimBeam
6/3/2009, 04:47 AM

Says you. You do know the federal government owns 60% of GM now?

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2009, 09:00 AM
I wonder how much he sold it for.
Probably not as much as we tax payers have thrown at them in the last few months.

China gets our jobs and car companies, US taxpayer gets the shaft. Hope and Change Baby!!

badger
6/3/2009, 09:05 AM
I really don't care. Hummer sales here were tanking, but SUV's are getting immensely popular overseas. We've polluted for years and are starting to wise up, now it's the rest of the world's turn to "develop" ... develop smog, that is... through use of high-emish vehicles and other fun stuff when billions drive everywhere even though their streets are too crowded to move.

In 20 years, when our country is running entirely on solar energy and we hardly use gasoline anymore, we'll have a new toy to sell them that dropped in popularity with rises in fuel costs and new technology... the hybrid car :D

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2009, 09:10 AM
And don't forget, he is already trying to offload Chrysler to the Italians.

Thankfully Indiana's pension fund has a little problem with that.

Maybe this is all part of The Squanderer's attempt to apologize to the world by giving the world our car companies and our jobs??

JohnnyMack
6/3/2009, 10:05 AM
Maybe this is all part of The Squanderer's attempt to apologize to the world by giving the world our car companies and our jobs??

Any chance that when you open your borders to free markets and allow corporations to shift job overseas where they can pay workers less and you allow countries (China) to operate at a staggering trade imbalance so you can buy cheap **** at Wal-Mart had ANYTHING to do with our current situation? No. Still all BHO's fault? Cool.

OU4LIFE
6/3/2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.marimonrad.no/works/photography/comissioned_work/M_MAGAZINE_2004-06/Uk2006/uk_green_car_1.jpg

somebody lost a shoe...

badger
6/3/2009, 10:55 AM
somebody lost a shoe...

roller skate... or one of those shoes that have wheels on em, heh

tommieharris91
6/3/2009, 11:17 AM
Bush had a 6 year track record of effing up everything he touched (not including his entire life prior to becoming President) by then.

Sincerely,
Reality

Speaking of internet coronaries...

NormanPride
6/3/2009, 01:19 PM
roller skate... or one of those shoes that have wheels on em, heh

"Heelies" I believe. I want some, but I'm probably too old to act like a kid now. :( Why is it that kids always have cooler toys than we did?

LosAngelesSooner
6/3/2009, 03:02 PM

Maybe this is all part of The Squanderer's attempt to apologize to the world by giving the world our car companies and our jobs??Yeah.

'Cause if we sold Ford all those poor U.S. workers at the Brazil plant would be out of...er...wait a second.

I mean the corporate structure would be...er...no, wait...they'd still have jobs, too.

But then there's all that money that the bail out sent...er...Bush did that, too. Sorry.

Uhm...hold on...I'll think of SOME part of all of your whining and bitching that might have a bit of merit.

Give me a minute.

NYC Poke
6/3/2009, 03:02 PM

And they went bankrupt under their previous owner, Cerberus, Dan Quayle's employer. Frankly, we were lucky to get anything for it.

LosAngelesSooner
6/3/2009, 03:11 PM
Speaking of internet coronaries...Oh, puh-leeze. HARDLY.

I've been happy as a LARK since the worst President we've EVER had left office.

KABOOKIE
6/3/2009, 03:15 PM
Uhm...hold on...I'll think of SOME part of all of your whining and bitching that might have a bit of merit.

Give me a minute.

I think we've given you years.

AggieTool
6/3/2009, 03:25 PM
Meh...

Hummers suck ***.

H2s & H3s are just glorified Tahoes.

olevetonahill
6/3/2009, 03:32 PM
Any chance that when you open your borders to free markets and allow corporations to shift job overseas where they can pay workers less and you allow countries (China) to operate at a staggering trade imbalance so you can buy cheap **** at Wal-Mart had ANYTHING to do with our current situation? No. Still all BHO's fault? Cool.

No No NO that was slick willies deal :P

Crucifax Autumn
6/4/2009, 10:25 AM
Slick and Bush I actually, but yeah...It took both parties to bury us.

Condescending Sooner
6/4/2009, 12:45 PM

Sincerely,
Reality

Care to point out what Bush screwed up in his first 6 months of office?

I don't see how anyone could cause as much long term damage as the messiah in 6 months.

Reality, huh? As if you have any credibility.

Sooner98
6/4/2009, 12:45 PM

Sweet! It's the General Motors 2018 Hopeychanger! I can't wait to get mine!

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 12:54 PM

It gives more intellectual proerty to the Chicoms. Not enough people question our sales and closeness to the Chicoms who have done nothing than show they want to spy heavily on us and will do anything to get our secrets. I don't trust them and people should be wary of the Chicom agenda.

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 12:58 PM
It gives more intellectual proerty to the Chicoms....

Right. Now they'll know how to mass-produce oversized, luxury, gas guzzlers, which they NEVER EVER could have learned in any other way.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 01:01 PM
Right. Now they'll know how to mass-produce oversized, luxury, gas guzzlers, which they NEVER EVER could have learned in any other way.

Well, it may help them build better trucks for the Red Army. And the Chicoms don't care about gas guzzlers and fueld economy. They are out there working really, really hard to lock up contract to pull oil out of the ground and getting a good amount...

Vaevictis
6/4/2009, 01:04 PM
It gives more intellectual proerty to the Chicoms. Not enough people question our sales and closeness to the Chicoms who have done nothing than show they want to spy heavily on us and will do anything to get our secrets. I don't trust them and people should be wary of the Chicom agenda.

I'd have to see more terms of the deal, but I'm not sure that it really does give the Chinese company any real IP other than the brand, trademark, etc.

To my knowledge, GM does not and has never made the military versions of these vehicles. GM does not and has never possessed any of the technology related to the military Humvees, according to my understanding. They just bought a brand from AM General for purposes of marketing a civilian look-alike.

I think what the Chinese company bought was essentially the brand and "style" of Hummer, marketing assets, and a sales network.

Again, this is subject to looking at the terms of the deal. But I doubt the Chinese company got any significant technology for the $500 million it paid.

soonerhubs
6/4/2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, puh-leeze. HARDLY.

I've been happy as a LARK since the worst President we've EVER had left office.

More of your Republican rhetoric coming out. ;)

TUSooner
6/4/2009, 01:36 PM
Well, it may help them build better trucks for the Red Army. And the Chicoms don't care about gas guzzlers and fueld economy. They are out there working really, really hard to lock up contract to pull oil out of the ground and getting a good amount...

The Red Chinese could walk into a showroom anywhere in the USA, buy a few Hummers, take them apart, and figure our how they are made. They have, like, scientists and engineers and stuff over there.

Vaevictis
6/4/2009, 01:44 PM
Also, AM General -- the company that makes military Humvees -- already has hooked the Chinese up with enough IP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRC_HMMWVs

GM selling the Chinese Hummer really doesn't give them any capability they didn't already have -- other than a sales network and a brand name.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 03:05 PM
The Red Chinese could walk into a showroom anywhere in the USA, buy a few Hummers, take them apart, and figure our how they are made. They have, like, scientists and engineers and stuff over there.

Working hard to subvert our citizens or plant people to gain citizenship and have them steal lots of good secrets.