PDA

View Full Version : After 2 years of not working out

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 11:38 AM
I started back this morning...Did some chest and biceps and some light calves..Have to go light on the legs as the 3 knee surgeries kinda put a damper on doing much...I can tell tomorrow morning is gonna be brutal and the next day even worse as far as pain goes...

I need some HGH

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 11:49 AM
Are you HUGE?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 11:52 AM
I feel like a little bee-otch....I'm into lifting proper more than piling on the weights, but heck I was down in the little old lady section working out with the dumbells...I guess I shoulda grabbed some pink ones

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 11:52 AM
Gotta start somewhere.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 11:54 AM
thats what I keep telling myself....seems a lot of the stuff I used to take back when I worked out hard is illegal now..

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:05 PM
creatine and a bunch of water...it WILL do the trick. seriously. if your muscles are full of water and creatine...theres no place for lactic acid to build up... or **** and moan about being sore. I don't care ;)

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:06 PM
thats what I keep telling myself....seems a lot of the stuff I used to take back when I worked out hard is illegal now..

Rage products...look em up and buy them now. they're next on the hit list.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 12:07 PM
Do I have to inject it in my ***?

I don't want it unless I can inject it in my ***.

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:07 PM
those are called enemas ;)

what im speaking of is rage RV1, RV2, RV3 etc

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 12:15 PM
Rage products...look em up and buy them now. they're next on the hit list.

have you used them?

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:28 PM
have you used them?

aye...presently

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 12:32 PM
Do you have a Mark McGwire-esque forehead complete with the cro magnon brow lump?

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 12:34 PM
possibly...the side effects are your manmeat actually increases in size...at this point, horses run away with a quickness.

o yeh and i can bench press the back half of your car.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 12:34 PM
In.

OUDoc
6/2/2009, 12:51 PM
possibly...the side effects are your manmeat actually increases in size...

Why would your supplements increase the size of Tulsa_Fireman's dork? :eek:

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 01:00 PM
If you are wanting any size, you should use whey protein.

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 01:15 PM
Why would your supplements increase the size of Tulsa_Fireman's dork? :eek:

good point...im stil researching.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 01:22 PM
PM sent Jello....sorry it doesn't contain a pic of Fireman's twig and 2 berries

Czar Soonerov
6/2/2009, 01:43 PM
I started back last week. I eased into it and started hitting it hard this week. I'm feeling pretty good on day 2. I'm thinking about getting some creatine, I've used it in the past and it really made a difference.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 01:47 PM
I should probably score some Creatine...I took it back in the day and liked it...cept it made me feel bloated at times

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 02:08 PM
I should probably score some Creatine...I took it back in the day and liked it...cept it made me feel bloated at times

after a few days of heavy bleeding, it usually goes away :eek:

C&CDean
6/2/2009, 02:27 PM
You guys and your ****ing creatine, HGH, sperm gargles, etc.

Here's the deal. Just hit it hard. And eat right. Take a little fish oil, some vitamins, and eat lots of Vitamin P. I'll be 52 this August, and I'm as fit as somebody who isn't a day over 51.

All kidding aside, I've worked out for the past 35 years or so. I've seen every supplement there is come and go. I've watched boys die, ruin their health/lives, and seen some seriously bizarre ****. Unless you have a possibility to make millions of $$ from doing it, taking anything other than real food is stupid.

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 02:44 PM
but. but...but nebraska was using creatine back in the championship years...come to think of it, didnt their QB have a blood clot in his calf?

hmmmmm

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 02:44 PM
truthfully my biggest concern is my eating habits....1st off, I don't think I eat enough times in the day..I usually don't eat til lunch, eat way too much, and then may not eat the rest of the day...I've developed some bad habits once I couldn't lift anymore for a while

kbsooner21
6/2/2009, 02:58 PM
Just stick to the 12 ounce curls like me :D

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 03:00 PM
truthfully my biggest concern is my eating habits....1st off, I don't think I eat enough times in the day..I usually don't eat til lunch, eat way too much, and then may not eat the rest of the day...I've developed some bad habits once I couldn't lift anymore for a while

6 times a day....seriously MAKE yourself do it.. smaller meals is the key.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 03:03 PM
I used to do the small 6 meals a day thing..just gonna have to put some discipline back in my eating habits

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 03:30 PM
6 meals is very hard to fit into a schedule.

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 03:32 PM
6 meals is very hard to fit into a schedule.

not so much...

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 03:41 PM
Are you just supposed to bring about 3 meals to work and then not ever go out to eat? There are not many small meals at restaurants now a days.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 03:48 PM
I know when I did it before it was something like

8- breakfast bar and protein drink
10-peanut butter sandwich and milk
noon-whatever lunch I was gonna eat
2- can of tuna and whatever
4- energy bar and protein drink
6-dinner

Jello Biafra
6/2/2009, 03:52 PM
I know when I did it before it was something like

8- breakfast bar and protein drink
10-peanut butter sandwich and milk
noon-whatever lunch I was gonna eat
2- can of tuna and whatever
4- energy bar and protein drink
6-dinner

bingo....the info is there...you just need to get the motivation.

Boomer.....
6/2/2009, 04:06 PM
So lunch and dinner are normal size meals? I thought each had to be "smaller".

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 04:19 PM
they are smaller because you are too full to eat a full size meal.....

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 04:52 PM
I started back this morning...Did some chest and biceps and some light calves..Have to go light on the legs as the 3 knee surgeries kinda put a damper on doing much...I can tell tomorrow morning is gonna be brutal and the next day even worse as far as pain goes...

I need some HGH

are you really Jason White...??? I had a feeling you might have been him this whole time.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 05:20 PM
Meals, schmeals.

Where's my swelling pride, Smilin' Bob action?

Al Gore
6/2/2009, 08:51 PM
Eat clean.....ON Whey Gold Standard and a test booster (ZMA). There are other supplements you can experiment with.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2009, 11:19 PM
are you really Jason White...??? I had a feeling you might have been him this whole time.

Jason White let both legs have some fun..its just my right one they keep cutting on

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 11:52 PM
good cover up.... Jason.....

tbl
6/3/2009, 12:45 AM
The best program I've found so far is P/RR/S. I've been through them all (standard pyramids, HIT, Dogg Crapp, etc), and so far PRRS is working like gangbusters.

As far as supplements, as log as you have a powder protein source for post workout, that's really all you need. Whey is best as it's fast digesting. Take 40-60G of whey immediately post workout with 40-80G of fast digesting simple sugars (gatorade, sugar, gummy bears, cereal, whatever). The protein gives your muscles the food they need and the sugar restores your glycogen levels.

Anybody can work out on any program out there, but if you're not eating right, you're spinning your wheels.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 01:03 AM
tbl, I've still yet to figure out how the system gives u so many post...hmmm..

who are u working for ? ha

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 10:47 AM
well 20 days in and still sticking with it...I'm starting to feel a little stronger and the soreness is not as severe

Czar Soonerov
6/23/2009, 05:31 PM
I'm still hard at it too. Been doing cardio everyday (6 days) a week and lifting 5 days. I can tell I've lost some fat but I haven't lost any weight. I guess I'm adding muscle and burning fat at the same time.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/23/2009, 07:30 PM
yeah, I feel like my stomach is smaller but I've gained 3 lbs....

bald headed guys rule the gym

Boomer Mooner
6/24/2009, 08:04 PM
I just came across this thread and am interested because I just hit the gym for the first time in years around mid April. After 20 years sitting behind a desk with vendors taking me to lunches 2 or 3 times a week I was losing it. Never been a gym junkie so I'm just stumbling through, learn as I go, but I have managed to lose about 15 lb.

Anyway, can someone tell me what tbl was referring to with PRRS?

Howzit
6/24/2009, 08:45 PM
I hung up the bike a year ago because there just wasn't time to swim, bike, and run and travel. Cycling is just too damned time intensive.

So I've stuck with the runs and swims and tried to incorporate weights into the routine. But no more long mileage on runs.

Runs: 3 a week, about 7 miles on Saturday, 5 miles on Monday and Tuesday, one a tempo run, one intervals.

Swims: A mile swim Sunday and Thursday

Weights: Biceps Sunday after the swim, chest and tris on Tuesday, back and shoulders Thursday after the swim.

I've put on about 5 pounds from the weights, but I'm pretty pleased with the overall fitness. Oh, and the weights have definitely made running more difficult, maybe just from carrying around the few extra pounds, I don't know. I'm sure turning 50 has nothing to do with it.

I used to take creatine and remember feeling like it helped, but I'm not really taking anything but glucosomine and B12 now.

Boomer Mooner
6/24/2009, 09:11 PM
I'm almost 49 and for now running is out. With the extra weight right now I have a bad case of kneesels and tolio. Thank god I don't have the small cocks.

My time is limited to the evenings, but I have been going to the gym and doing 30 minutes of either back and abs or upper body, alternating daily. I work out 6 days a week and I follow my weight training with an hour on the dreadmill. Slowly building up to running, but right now I do a fast walk on the dreadmill interspersed with short runs. This has my heart rate going up and down from about 125 to 165 for the hour of cardio.

Oh yeah, my bulging disk doesn't like running much either!

Sooner_Bob
6/24/2009, 09:53 PM
You guys are almost encouraging enough to make me want to start working out again.

Well that and the fact that my wife is doing a bootcamp type of workout 3 times a week and is starting to make fun of my lack of exercise.

Boomer Mooner
6/25/2009, 07:28 AM
I think most reasons guys workout has something to do with the wimmins, one way or another. Whatever works though is good.

sooneron
6/25/2009, 08:19 AM

I need some HGH

Chest and biceps on the same day? Not a great way to see results, imo. I still think the rule of opposing muscle groups holds true. Chest and back on the same day , biceps and triceps on the same day. Legs on one day...shoulders the next.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 09:29 AM
Chest and biceps on the same day? Not a great way to see results, imo. I still think the rule of opposing muscle groups holds true. Chest and back on the same day , biceps and triceps on the same day. Legs on one day...shoulders the next.

Its what I did back in the day for a while and it worked great for me...I change it up every 4 to 6 weeks so it will get back around to opposing.....next will be chest/triceps and so on....

P/RR/S is Power/Rep Range/Shock...basically the first week, you lift heavy with low reps and longer rests...the next week is less weight, more reps, shorter rests....the Shock week is just murdering yourself

picasso
6/25/2009, 09:30 AM

I need some HGH

warm up lightly, stretch. after workout, stretch.

that helps.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 09:35 AM
yeah I m trying to make sure I include enough time to do the stretching part....especially since Im working out in the morning

Boomer Mooner
6/25/2009, 09:45 AM
P/RR/S is Power/Rep Range/Shock...basically the first week, you lift heavy with low reps and longer rests...the next week is less weight, more reps, shorter rests....the Shock week is just murdering yourself

Thanks for answering my question STEP.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 10:00 AM
I m actually thinking about starting that next month Mooner.....I'll keep ya posted on how it goes

My Opinion Matters
6/25/2009, 10:04 AM
I hung up the bike a year ago because there just wasn't time to swim, bike, and run and travel. Cycling is just too damned time intensive.

So I've stuck with the runs and swims and tried to incorporate weights into the routine. But no more long mileage on runs.

Runs: 3 a week, about 7 miles on Saturday, 5 miles on Monday and Tuesday, one a tempo run, one intervals.

Swims: A mile swim Sunday and Thursday

Weights: Biceps Sunday after the swim, chest and tris on Tuesday, back and shoulders Thursday after the swim.

I've put on about 5 pounds from the weights, but I'm pretty pleased with the overall fitness. Oh, and the weights have definitely made running more difficult, maybe just from carrying around the few extra pounds, I don't know. I'm sure turning 50 has nothing to do with it.

I used to take creatine and remember feeling like it helped, but I'm not really taking anything but glucosomine and B12 now.

Is it just me, or does this read a little like a personal ad? Not that I look at those or anything.

silverwheels
6/25/2009, 10:09 AM
Akin's Organic Foods or whatever it's called sells HGH. I was tempted to buy some, but then I was afraid that I wouldn't get into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 10:11 AM
The veterans committee sure wouldn't

Howzit
6/25/2009, 10:39 AM
Is it just me, or does this read a little like a personal ad? Not that I look at those or anything.

I just copied/pasted.

My Opinion Matters
6/25/2009, 10:50 AM
I just copied/pasted.

Link please? This guy sounds perfect...for a friend.

NormanPride
6/25/2009, 11:06 AM
I've never been able to work out with anyone, so I do what I read on the internets. I've never really been in shape ever, so just getting there is a goal for me. :D

Howzit
6/25/2009, 11:14 AM
Link please? This guy sounds perfect...for a friend.

www.howzitsnotrillygaytrypicasso.com

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 11:19 AM
I've never been able to work out with anyone, so I do what I read on the internets. I've never really been in shape ever, so just getting there is a goal for me. :D

I used to be in pretty decent shape..took some illegal stuff back in the 90's got big, got married, had kids, quit working out, quickly became outta shape..

NormanPride
6/25/2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, what is it about marriage that saps the drive out of you?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 11:27 AM
not sure really...I know I bought a home when we got married, and I had so much to work on there that going to the gym just took too much of my time...then after kids, it wasn't even really an option because I wasn't gonna get up early and go before work and afterwards was a no-go...

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 12:07 PM
Alright question on protein intake...

The way I used to do it, I would take in 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight..Now I here that is a waste, because the body can only absorb so much...

TBL, Dean, others, how much do you take in?

Howzit
6/25/2009, 12:09 PM
I don't know how much protein Dean takes in but I know where.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 12:11 PM
Mongo is serving protein free now

silverwheels
6/25/2009, 12:18 PM
IIRC, 22-24 g of protein is about all your body needs. The rest is wasted.

And don't drink a protein shake, work out, then eat a bacon cheeseburger afterward. You will need to repaint your walls and burn any cloth in the room if you do.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/25/2009, 01:31 PM
I m hearing similar numbers...a little bit higher( 50-60) but not the 230 I used to do