PDA

View Full Version : Gators CB Jenkins arrested near bar

JLEW1818
6/1/2009, 03:54 PM
Florida Gators starting cornerback Janoris Jenkins was arrested over the weekend and charged with fighting and resisting arrest without violence, police in Gainesville, Fla., confirmed.

Police used a Taser on Jenkins, who punched someone in the head after being told not to.

The incident occurred at closing time near a bar in downtown Gainesville.

Jenkins was named to the Freshman All-SEC team last year and become the second true freshman in school history to start at cornerback on opening day.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4221947

goingoneight
6/1/2009, 04:48 PM
Nothing good happens at closing time with athletes.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/1/2009, 04:55 PM
sucks for gator fans and Jenkins. unfortunately, most teams (including OU) can relate.

JLEW1818
6/1/2009, 04:58 PM
heard there was a Taser involved

starclassic tama
6/1/2009, 05:05 PM
ok so the guy is a true freshman and was at a bar...?

meoveryouxinfinity
6/1/2009, 05:07 PM
ok so the guy is a true freshman and was at a bar...?

upcoming sophomore. he played last year as a true freshman. but still...

rainiersooner
6/1/2009, 06:02 PM
Police used a Taser on Jenkins, who punched someone in the head after being told not to.

Oh come on! He did it after being told not to!!??

sooner59
6/1/2009, 06:19 PM
Somebody has to say it.....

Don't tase me, bro!

DallasSooner87
6/1/2009, 06:24 PM
Somebody has to say it.....

Don't tase me, bro!

Beat me to it.

olevetonahill
6/1/2009, 06:39 PM
So ?
Hope the kid gets off with a wrist slap :P

meoveryouxinfinity
6/1/2009, 06:42 PM
Oh come on! He did it after being told not to!!??

I read this aloud to my sister. Wait, he had to be told not to hit someone in the face? tsk tsk tsk, gator football..

Jacie
6/1/2009, 06:47 PM
During practice he's told to slap someone upside the head when the ref isn't looking. He thought that applied to off the field as well . . .

goingoneight
6/1/2009, 07:00 PM
I wonder if his buddy Major Wright decleated the cop going after him with the taser? :P

That's all the joking you'll hear outta me, Gator fans. This shouldn't be news IMO. If you're going to put this on the website, why don't you start a new ESPN channel devoted to college athletes who get arrested for doing stupid things when they're drunk. You may need two networks due to lack of enough ticker space and airtime to cover it all.

fadada1
6/1/2009, 08:46 PM
seems as though the g-ville coppers are a bit quick on pulling the taser. glad i was usually "clobbered" by closing time during my 2 years there.

GottaHavePride
6/1/2009, 10:01 PM
I wonder if his buddy Major Wright decleated the cop going after him with the taser? :P

That's all the joking you'll hear outta me, Gator fans. This shouldn't be news IMO. If you're going to put this on the website, why don't you start a new ESPN channel devoted to college athletes who get arrested for doing stupid things when they're drunk and underage. You may need two networks due to lack of enough ticker space and airtime to cover it all.

Fixed.

If he's about to be a true sophomore, then he's 20 years old at best. Unless he's Chris Wienke.

PDXsooner
6/1/2009, 10:36 PM
Big F-ing deal

nighttrain12
6/1/2009, 11:03 PM
Nothing good happens at closing time with athletes.

Also, don't forget, 'all the girls get prettier at closin' time'.

Crucifax Autumn
6/2/2009, 12:49 AM
At least he didn't try to circumsize the guy!

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 01:18 AM
At least he didn't try to circumsize the guy!

Tim Tebow

olevetonahill
6/2/2009, 01:25 AM
I hope his wrist is so sore
He can be punished with a Playboy and Bathroom time :cool:

goingoneight
6/2/2009, 02:46 PM
Whoo... Drinking underage! Like that doesn't happen anywhere else around the country.

MojoRisen
6/3/2009, 08:32 AM
It's one thing to get in a fight at a Frat house and another at a club when all the cops are around after it closes.. DUMB- someone check his SAT

Plus you are never supposed to start the fight, only clean up. This is a clear sign of lack of institutional control.