PDA

View Full Version : "Up" (movie)

badger
6/1/2009, 07:26 AM
Just returned from seeing it last night and based off of first weekend returns, I can't be the only one that saw it here.

90 percent of audiences admitted to crying at some point during the movie. The other 10 percent are habitual liars. Or manly men that would never admit to such an act.

If you love dogs, you will love this movie.

If you love grumpy old men, you will love this movie.

Hell, it's PIXAR for cripe's sake. Everyone will love this movie.

But you will cry... or lie about not crying.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2009, 08:15 AM
I promise you I didn't cry, even though it was really sad....I thought it was very good..my kids loved it, which is saying something, because they fell asleep during the last 3 movies I took them too (Wall-E, Monsters vs Aliens, dont remember the other one)

badger
6/1/2009, 08:18 AM
I promise you I didn't cry

Would that make you a habitual liar or manly man? ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2009, 08:35 AM
Truthfully badj, I just don't get emotionally wrapped up in movies, especially animated ones....The only movie I've watched in the last 5 years that got close was The Bucket List

XingTheRubicon
6/1/2009, 09:22 AM
I cried at Rocky V

badger
6/1/2009, 12:03 PM
Also, to any parents out there considering taking their kids to see it worried about the PG rating, here's why it's PG:

Boo-boos.

You know, when your kid scrapes his knee, or gives himself a paper cut? About that amount of blood, and it happens twice - once when a bird injures its leg (and the main characters are bandaging the wound) and again earlier when the old guy, in frustration, hits a pesty guy with his cane and the pest gets a cut on his forehead.

This is not really deserving of PG... it's not the same PG level as Speed Racer, with the kid flipping off the bad guy, etc.

achiro
6/1/2009, 12:35 PM
Also, to any parents out there considering taking their kids to see it worried about the PG rating, here's why it's PG:

Boo-boos.

You know, when your kid scrapes his knee, or gives himself a paper cut? About that amount of blood, and it happens twice - once when a bird injures its leg (and the main characters are bandaging the wound) and again earlier when the old guy, in frustration, hits a pesty guy with his cane and the pest gets a cut on his forehead.

This is not really deserving of PG... it's not the same PG level as Speed Racer, with the kid flipping off the bad guy, etc.
Do you have kids?
It is not a G movie at all and it's not because of "boo-boos". There are some very serious(you said yourself that you cried ) and also intense moments in this flick. Very deserving of PG. It is good and my kids enjoyed btw.

badger
6/1/2009, 12:40 PM
Do you have kids?

No... but I have yet to see a movie get a PG rating as opposed to a G rating solely for discussing a serious topic.

I guess it depends on the kids then.

KABOOKIE
6/1/2009, 03:10 PM
The joke the talking dog told had me and another fellow in the audience laughing out loud.

I know a joke! A squirrel walks into a bar and says to the bartender, I have failed to pack away nuts for the winter therefore I am dead. The joke is funny because the squirrel is dead.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2009, 03:13 PM
yeah I busted up on that one and the whole "squirrel" that would cause the dogs to lose train of thought
"

Sooner98
6/1/2009, 06:26 PM
I cried at Rocky V

You mean at how bad of a movie it was?

XingTheRubicon
6/1/2009, 07:18 PM
You mean at how bad of a movie it was?

Yes, and I deserved it for going.

badger
6/2/2009, 07:35 AM
The joke is funny because the squirrel is dead.

This should be an internet meme someday.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zz75gg.jpg

it's amazing how many pics of dead squirrel are on the internets.:confused:

6/2/2009, 10:14 PM
Saw it tonight and I agree that the subject matter is the reason for the PG.

Well, that and the boo-boos.

Hell, the first 10 minutes will tug at the heart. Good flick. The 3D gave me a bit of a headache, though.