Teams of the Decade

1) Miami, 2001-02 (13-0)
2) USC, 2004-05 (13-0)
3) Texas, 2005-06 (13-0)
4) Oklahoma, 2000-01 (13-0)
5) USC, 2005-06 (12-1)

JLEW1818
5/31/2009, 11:15 PM
wow 4 sooners on the All Decade 1st team defense. I'm pretty sure they all 4 played together during the 2001-02 season?

I don't agree with Tim Tebow being the 1st team all QB. I would have put Ken Dorsey as number 1 in my opinion.

I agree with Stoops at number 3.

King Crimson
5/31/2009, 11:43 PM
wow 4 sooners on the All Decade 1st team defense. I'm pretty sure they all 4 played together during the 2001-02 season?

Calmus, Strait and Roy did. not sure about Tommie.

JLEW1818
5/31/2009, 11:52 PM
yep I'm pretty sure during the 2001-2002 season

Calmus was a Senior
Roy was a Junior
Strait was Sophomore
Tommie was a freshman

but don't quote me.

OUstud
5/31/2009, 11:52 PM
Tommie played in 2001 as well. :eek:

rainiersooner
5/31/2009, 11:53 PM
I don't agree with The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah being the 1st team all QB. I would have put Ken Dorsey as number 1 in my opinion.

Hell, not to continue a previously begun rant, but I'd take Dorsey and I'd take Leinart if the criteria is that you can only be a first team QB if your TEAM won a MNC. If you throw that criteria out and you're only talking about the best quarterbacks from this decade, I could go ten deep before I would pick Tebow, including Carson Palmer, Brady Quinn, Eli Manning, as well as a healthy Jason White.

JLEW1818
5/31/2009, 11:53 PM
Tommie played in 2001 as well. :eek:

yep

He is one of the very few players in OU history to start every game of his true freshman season. 2001.

BIG_IKE
6/3/2009, 08:47 AM
Call me crazy but I think Derrick Johnson > Rocky Calmus and Tomlinson > McFadden

MojoRisen
6/3/2009, 08:51 AM
Imagine if a Calvin Johnson played for OU! The only reciever I would have ahead of that guy is Fitzgerald who is a freak among freaks.

SicEmBaylor
6/3/2009, 10:44 PM
Damned our ex-punter kicked ***.

nytehorn
6/4/2009, 12:22 PM
How can the 05-06 USuC team be #5 for the DECADE, when they were heralded as the greatest team of ALL TIME per ESPN and Matt Leinart? ;)

sooneron
6/4/2009, 01:29 PM
No way that Tebow should be ahead of Leinart.

I'm a little surprised that 05 usc isn't ahead of us.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 02:10 PM
How can the 05-06 USuC team be #5 for the DECADE, when they were heralded as the greatest team of ALL TIME per ESPN and Matt Leinart? ;)

even though they lost a game, they still might have been better than the Ohio State team..but then there are 2 Florida teams that should be considered.

badger
6/4/2009, 02:57 PM
Ken Dorsey only had one title. Matt Lionfart had one title too (boo hoo, usc. ONE-pete, not whatev the eff you wanna claim as yours). Even Texaz's savior Vince Young had one title.

Tim Tivo having two titles probably gave him the nod for being the No. 1 QB of the decade. I know that he technically wasn't the first QB in his first title, but he still had significant playing time. That probably gave him the nod over the others. Sounds like a good reason.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 03:28 PM
Ken Dorsey only had one title. Matt Lionfart had one title too (boo hoo, usc. ONE-pete, not whatev the eff you wanna claim as yours). Even Texaz's savior Vince Young had one title.

Tim Tivo having two titles probably gave him the nod for being the No. 1 QB of the decade. I know that he technically wasn't the first QB in his first title, but he still had significant playing time. That probably gave him the nod over the others. Sounds like a good reason.

yep, but Ken Dorsey's record as a starter was sick!!! Like 38-2

kelloggOUballa
6/4/2009, 03:35 PM
Who wouldn't have held a 38-2 record with those Miami teams? Dorsey was hardly the reason for their success. He is on the Nate Hybl level.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 03:37 PM
Who wouldn't have held a 38-2 record with those Miami teams? Dorsey was hardly the reason for their success. He is on the Nate Hybl level.

still tho, 38-2 is ridiculous no matter how good your team is. That's why he is one of the greatest college QB's.

I mean people could say the same thing about Jason White? He had 2 bad *** teams.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 03:54 PM
Matt Leinart has a record of 37-2.

goingoneight
6/4/2009, 04:19 PM
Vince only lost two as the starter if I remember correctly.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 04:28 PM
yep Vincent was 30-2 as a starter.. one of those losses coming to Oklahoma... name the other team he lost to.... go!

badger
6/4/2009, 04:30 PM
yep Vincent was 30-2 as a starter.. one of those losses coming to Oklahoma... name the other team he lost to.... go!

:mad: You already gave the answer away :mad:

EDIT: ok, so i guess you didn't credit vy with the 2003 rrs loss? ok then, it actually is a challenge to remember that this team actually didn't suck back then as it does now.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 04:35 PM
:mad: You already gave the answer away :mad:

EDIT: ok, so i guess you didn't credit vy with the 2003 rrs loss? ok then, it actually is a challenge to remember that this team actually didn't suck back then as it does now.

he lost as a starter to someone else, besides Oklahoma.

Mock started the 2003 game vs OU. Vince started the 2004 game against OU, which he lost. who was the other team he lost to as a starter?

badger
6/4/2009, 04:42 PM
(this page is now archived, so that's why i'm copy/pasting it)
Chance Mock, Athlete Services
http://www.tritonfinancial.com/images/160.jpg
An Austin darling, Chance hails from The Woodlands, **Texas**, where he was a Parade All-American in 2000 and named one of the “Elite 11” quarterbacks by Rivals.com. As he continued his football career at the University of **Texas**, he dazzled fans with a record-setting career debut of 106 consecutive passes without an interception. After graduation, Chance stayed in Austin, playing quarterback for the Austin Wranglers, an Arena Football League team, and appearing as a radio commentator for Austin’s sports radio station, The Zone 1300.

They have removed the embarrassing Youtube video.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 04:42 PM
lol... name the other team Vince lost to as a starter!!!!!!!!

badger
6/4/2009, 04:52 PM
lol... name the other team Vince lost to as a starter!!!!!!!!

I know the answer - I'll let someone else get it.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 04:54 PM
I know the answer - I'll let someone else get it.

k good. I had a feeling you did.... don't tell NP tho!!!! :D

SoonerShay
6/4/2009, 05:01 PM
Wait Tim Tebow gets credit for winning a BCS MNCG that he didn't start but Vince Young doesn't get credit for getting drilled by Washington State in 2003(where chance mock almost saved them) or losing to us in 2003?

Also a player that hasn't even finished his career doesn't belong on that list. Lauranititissisitsits sure as hell doesn't either. Dan Morgan,Aaron Curry, Demeco Ryans, Derrick Johnson, Patrick Willis, Teddy Lehman, Jonathan Vilma etc. I mean seriously I'd take all these before I picked him.

JLEW1818
6/4/2009, 05:03 PM
Wait The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah gets credit for winning a BCS MNCG that he didn't start but Vince Young doesn't get credit for getting drilled by Washington State in 2003(where chance mock almost saved them) or losing to us in 2003?

Also a player that hasn't even finished his career doesn't belong on that list. Lauranititissisitsits sure as hell doesn't either. Dan Morgan,Aaron Curry, Demeco Ryans, Derrick Johnson, Patrick Willis, Teddy Lehman, Jonathan Vilma etc. I mean seriously I'd take all these before I picked him.

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!

HateTheWhorns
6/4/2009, 05:20 PM
he lost as a starter to someone else, besides Oklahoma.

Mock started the 2003 game vs OU. Vince started the 2004 game against OU, which he lost. who was the other team he lost to as a starter?

PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:pop:

badger
6/4/2009, 05:21 PM
PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:pop:

another loss that i assume gets credited to Chance "Buy low, sell high" Mock?

SoonerInFortSmith
6/5/2009, 10:58 AM
Also a player that hasn't even finished his career doesn't belong on that list.

I disagree. Jermaine Gresham is about to set the all-time TD mark for tight ends. Methinks he should be first team.

I like what you said about Lauriwhoosis, tho.

goingoneight
6/5/2009, 04:27 PM
I'm going to remember that line about VY and Teboo, now. If 2006's Natty Champeenship is credited to Teboo, then VY is credited to every loss he played a part in, too. Same goes for vice-versa... if VY was really 30-2... then Teboo was nothing more than a change-of-pace QB against tOSU.

SoonerShark
6/5/2009, 10:18 PM
Jason was Heisman winner and third place. Tebow was the winner and third place. Leinart was the winner and third place.

JLEW1818
6/5/2009, 10:42 PM
Leinart's best stat season was 2003, his Sophomore season... ironically, he wasn't even in New York... his stats in 2003 were better than Heisman trophey winners Carson Palmer in 2002.

funny