PDA

View Full Version : The Big O's date night

Okla-homey
5/31/2009, 08:37 PM
The Prez took the First lady to NYC for dinner and a Broadway show this weekend.

Taxpayers footed the bill for the big night on the town, which included a total of at least $24,000 for the three aircraft used to ferry the Obamas, aides and reporters to New York and back. Dinner costs and orchestra seat tickets -- at $96.50 apiece -- were paid by the Obamas.

Obama's jet, a Gulfstream 500, served as a more modest Air Force One for the day in place of the customary presidential Boeing 747.

The White House declined to say how much the trip was costing taxpayers

Now folks, honestly, this at a time when automaker CEO's are being beat up for using corporate aircraft to attend Congressional hearings and at a time when we're being told by the White House that we are in the shiz, economically speaking?

:pop:

royalfan5
5/31/2009, 08:51 PM
Meh, it's not like they would have let him transport himself, and it's probably good for the President if he can try and have some semblance of a normal life. It scope of money being pissed away by the government, this isn't much more than a few dribbles.

Curly Bill
5/31/2009, 08:56 PM
Yup, we're already going over the waterfall, $24,000 more ain't gonna speed things up that much.

...but why does Nero playing the fiddle as Rome burned come to mind?

(It is thought that Nero did not really play the fiddle as Rome burned)

soonerhubs
5/31/2009, 08:59 PM
Meh, it's not like they would have let him transport himself, and it's probably good for the President if he can try and have some semblance of a normal life. It scope of money being pissed away by the government, this isn't much more than a few dribbles.

I wonder how many starving families could live off of those few dribbles. Oh, but wait, it's not okay to live a luxurious lifestyle unless you're the government.

I'd sure like to have a semblance of that "normal" life as well.

Cue the "W did it too" crowd.

Curly Bill
5/31/2009, 09:01 PM
Cue the "W did it too" crowd.

They're quite predictably going to point out W's flights to the ranch and back.

...of course I still haven't seen how the "W' did it too" defense is a good one, since Brack was supposed to be a CHANGE.

GottaHavePride
5/31/2009, 10:08 PM
If we want the economy to turn around, I think the PResident NEEDS to set an example by showing people it's still OK to get out and get some cash into circulation by doing things like going to the theater.

Keep in mind, when you go to the theater, most of the price of the tickets goes to pay actual working Americans. Singers, musicians, stagehands, costumers, etc. etc. And people going to the theater are pumping money into restaurants, hotels, other shopping, and so forth. All that sort of thing is GOOD for the economy.

No way in hell would the Secret Service let the Commander in Chief ride Amtrak up to NYC. I find it amazing they let him use a Gulfstream 500 instead of Air Force One. That move saved taxpayers a TON of money.

TAFBSooner
5/31/2009, 10:11 PM
I can see one jet for the Obamas and the Secret Service. Why are we paying for reporters for a non-newsmaking event like this?

GottaHavePride
5/31/2009, 10:13 PM
Now, THAT is a good question. If any news agency wants their reporters tagging along, THEY should foot the damn bill. It's not the government's job to ferry them around - the government is just supposed to be cooperative when a reporter asks a question.

JohnnyMack
5/31/2009, 11:06 PM
Obama made plenty of his own money off the sale of his books.

That being said, I think he's making a mistake in carrying on the way he is. He can lead a "normal life" when he's not POTUS anymore.

John Kochtoston
5/31/2009, 11:12 PM
I can see one jet for the Obamas and the Secret Service. Why are we paying for reporters for a non-newsmaking event like this?

Reporters (or their media orgs.) typically reimburse the Gov't for the cost of a first-class plane ticket. I'm pretty sure this hasn't changed, except it might now be the cost of a coach ticket. This would either be a drastic change to long-standing policy, or, more likely, poor reporting.

batonrougesooner
6/1/2009, 02:21 AM
Look, I'm not an Obama fan. I've tried but I just don't trust the guy.

Having said that, he's still the POTUS. His job requires certain security and support elements that exceed those of the typical executive. Hell, they exceed those required of any human...unless you are the President of the United States.

Everytime he goes anywhere he takes along several planes, helos, and autos. That's just the nature of the office. It can seem like overkill but it is how the office and his security detail does things. It's office specific, not individual specific.

I don't begrudge the guy for a night out on the town with the Mrs. Even though I think he's a communist bastard who will ultimately ruin the country if he gets his way, he deserves and has earned the ability to take his wife to NYC for dinner and a show if he wants to.

That's my right. Should be his too, despite his need for extra security and support.

AlbqSooner
6/1/2009, 06:26 AM
When he announced one of the myriad bailouts, he cautioned the execs that the money was not to be used for trips to Las Vegas on the taxpayers' dime. This last week he himself went to Las Vegas on the taxpayers' dime.

47straight
6/1/2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I don't begrudge the trip because that's just how it is.

But please don't spend a single nickel to let the NYTimes and Ariana Huffington tag along to report on it.

OU4LIFE
6/1/2009, 07:56 AM
That move saved taxpayers a TON of money.

You know what would have saved me money, them staying at home and watching TV like most of the rest of America is forced to do these days.

It's called shared pain, and there is value in it.

JLEW1818
6/1/2009, 10:46 AM
He could always stay at home and play with his children's puppy.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/1/2009, 12:40 PM
If this were Bush, there would be howls from everyone...MSM, the libs, the greenies, and I doubt if the restauants patrons would have given him a standing O when they left... Then again, the CEO of Government Motors should've gone up in one of his new vehicles...

Ike
6/1/2009, 04:41 PM
He should have played golf instead...

Tailwind
6/1/2009, 06:58 PM
Personally, if the BIG O doesn't do anything politically that pisses me off, I could give a crap what he does in his personal life.

Pogue Mahone
6/1/2009, 07:25 PM
Here, I'll take the George did it bit:

He took 77 trips to Crawford, Texas, covering all or part of 490 days -- according to CBS Radio’s Mark Knoller, who's keeps track of this sort of thing for some strange reason. Bush also too 11 trips to Kennebunkport, Maine, which covered another 43 days.

If you do the math, that’s 533 days out of 2,920 in office. And those were generally flights on the 747 version of Air Force One. Obama used three smaller, and less expensive, Gulfstream jets for staff, security and press on the weekend’s trip.

And there were a few tough days on his watch, too.

soonerhubs
6/1/2009, 09:34 PM
This hypocrite of a President makes me sick.

In one side of his mouth he tells us to conserve, go green, and reduce our demand for foreign oil. On the other side, he's ordering a jet to burn more fuel than I use in a year so that he can see some show, out of state.

His words: "But I want you to know that what you're doing is making a sacrifice for the next generation."

My words: Bull ****! You sacrifice FIRST, Mr. President. While you were out galavanting around Friday night, I was watering a garden and hanging out laundry. You're a president, not a king! Start acting like one and stick to your damn principles! Someone needs to put their own press clippings down for awhile and pretend he's got a job to do.

Yes, W took many trips. However, he didn't try to shove this "green" woe is Earth agenda down our throats either. Whether you agreed with W, you have to admit he stuck to his guns, to a fault in many ways.

This new administration may have some principles, but they dropped the ball on the green agenda.

GrapevineSooner
6/1/2009, 09:49 PM
If we want the economy to turn around, I think the PResident NEEDS to set an example by showing people it's still OK to get out and get some cash into circulation by doing things like going to the theater.

Keep in mind, when you go to the theater, most of the price of the tickets goes to pay actual working Americans. Singers, musicians, stagehands, costumers, etc. etc. And people going to the theater are pumping money into restaurants, hotels, other shopping, and so forth. All that sort of thing is GOOD for the economy.

No way in hell would the Secret Service let the Commander in Chief ride Amtrak up to NYC. I find it amazing they let him use a Gulfstream 500 instead of Air Force One. That move saved taxpayers a TON of money.

Well, when some of these corporations that received bailouts hold corporate getaways in Las Vegas...

I think you know where I'm going with this. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 03:57 AM
Stupid date night with his wife.

He shoulda been clearing brush on his ranch for two weeks instead.

SicEmBaylor
6/2/2009, 04:15 AM
When you said Big-O, I was really hoping it had something to do with George's.
This thread would have been much much better if it had...

Your complaining about his date is asinine. Is he seriously not allowed to go out with his wife because the economy is bad? Jesus, he didn't even waste taxpayer money on AF1 and took a smaller jet -- I applaud the hell out of him for that!

SicEmBaylor
6/2/2009, 04:17 AM

Did you really want Bush back at the White House working instead?

I'm a big fan of the government doing nothing. If nothing = clearing brush in Texas then it's fine by me!

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 08:02 AM

That uses fuel and ludicrous amounts of money as well.

Again, did you hear W shoving the "we must save our money" and "Don't you dare go to Vegas you corporate execs because your on the government's dime" agendas down our throats?
OU4Life's suggestion of staying home and watching TV sounds like the wiser decision. It's the hypocrisy of the action that is so irritating.

"Everyone needs to sacrifice! Except me because I'm the "elite". I don't lead by example so don't plan on many people following me."

I'd personally suggest turning it off of MSNBC (AKA Obama's news outlet). I know it may be hard for some of you to comprehend, but just as Foxnews is often not trustworthy, the same could be said of other networks.

badger
6/2/2009, 08:21 AM
Someone already called it a non-newsworthy event.

I agree. Who cares. Let him take a break from his job.

OUDoc
6/2/2009, 08:29 AM
The Obamas should only eat Ramen noodles out of a cardboard bowl until the economy turns around.
Wait, then people would say he should represent the office of the President better.

Maybe they should take a poll about how he should act and what is acceptable food for the President of the United States of America.
Or not.

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 09:38 AM
Someone already called it a non-newsworthy event.

I agree. Who cares. Let him take a break from his job.

With all due respect, he's a hypocrite, and he should be called to the carpet.

Does newsworthy only equal calling out Republicans for their hypocrisy?

The Obamas should only eat Ramen noodles out of a cardboard bowl until the economy turns around.
Wait, then people would say he should represent the office of the President better.

Maybe they should take a poll about how he should act and what is acceptable food for the President of the United States of America.
Or not.

You know, that's funny because that's exactly the point. Where does he get off telling corporations what they should and should not do for their employees, when the hypocrite takes trips using the same coffer for his own fun and leisure.

I know this may be difficult for some of you to comprehend, but the majority of these corporate executives do their jobs very well, when the government doesn't get in their way.

badger
6/2/2009, 10:14 AM
With all due respect...

I hear lawyers avoid this phrase because what usually follows is disrespectful and undermines the legal system, heh.

This is a one-time thing. Get back to me if he does this every night.

soonerscuba
6/2/2009, 10:16 AM
If Hubler's pissed now, wait until he hears what Obama likes on his cheeseburger.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/2/2009, 10:46 AM

Or not.

Oh and he needs to wear a sweater with the thermo set at 50 in the winter and the AC turned off in the summer... Perhaps he could tell us about saving energy in fireside chats and all... ;)

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 10:48 AM
If Hubler's pissed now, wait until he hears what Obama likes on his cheeseburger.

:eek: Bacon? :mad: :D ;)

OUDoc
6/2/2009, 10:55 AM
Oh and he needs to wear a sweater with the thermo set at 50 in the winter and the AC turned off in the summer... Perhaps he could tell us about saving energy in fireside chats and all... ;)

Maybe a laundry line on a pulley outside his bedroom window to dry his underwear and socks.

OklahomaTuba
6/2/2009, 11:18 AM
The Squanderer in Chief is fast approaching the Al Gore level of hypocrisy.

And THAT is saying something.

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe a laundry line on a pulley outside his bedroom window to dry his underwear and socks.

Or perhaps not taking unnecessary trips and cutting back on spending? :D I'm just sayin...

OUDoc
6/2/2009, 11:36 AM
Or perhaps not taking unnecessary trips and cutting back on spending? :D I'm just sayin...

98% of what all politicians do is unnecessary, IMO.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 12:06 PM

Communist cheese?

With a side of chopped defense budget and a tall glass of blood from the slit throat of capitalism?

*lights the fuse and runs away*

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 12:17 PM
Did you really want Bush back at the White House working instead?

I'm a big fan of the government doing nothing. If nothing = clearing brush in *Texas* then it's fine by me!That's what Bush was doing right before 9/11 instead of reading the security reports that said Osama Bin Ladin was determined to fly jets into buildings.

You really wanted government to do ...nothing? Well, you got it. And you see what it gave us.

That uses fuel and ludicrous amounts of money as well.

Again, did you hear W shoving the "we must save our money" and "Don't you dare go to Vegas you corporate execs because your on the government's dime" agendas down our throats?
OU4Life's suggestion of staying home and watching TV sounds like the wiser decision. It's the hypocrisy of the action that is so irritating.

"Everyone needs to sacrifice! Except me because I'm the "elite". I don't lead by example so don't plan on many people following me."

I'd personally suggest turning it off of MSNBC (AKA Obama's news outlet). I know it may be hard for some of you to comprehend, but just as Foxnews is often not trustworthy, the same could be said of other networks.I don't watch MSNBC. EVER.

This is a non-newsworthy event that is being blown up by a bunch of retards.

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 12:20 PM
The Squanderer in Chief is fast approaching the Al Gore level of hypocrisy.

And THAT is saying something.AGGIE!!!!

OU4LIFE
6/2/2009, 12:21 PM
Change.

Hope.

Whatever.

Ike
6/2/2009, 12:27 PM
He should have to suffer like the rest of us. Date nights for him should consist of nothing but Nationals games!

;)

Seriously though...I don't understand at all the hubub over a single night in which the President took his wife to diner and a broadway show. It's not like he jetted off to Rome for a week long get-away or something. As far as 'setting an example', I think the example to take away is: Even when things seem to be their worst, everyone should take some time to do something nice for the ones they love. If you wanna be upset about how much this cost taxpayers, be upset instead at the fact that the secret service would never allow a sitting president to fly coach, or drive his own car for such a thing.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 12:31 PM
The funniest thing I find about the 'Bush in Crawford' argument is the assumption that while he's clearing fencelines in Texass, he's somehow not the President. Somehow not privy to information the president needs to know. Somehow unable to contact the parties involved to execute the office of the president.

Obama is an entirely different thing. This act shows he has abandoned the office and hates America by disregarding our security and flippantly ignoring our economic woes by watching a show. Travesty.

TRAVESTY.

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 12:44 PM
This is a non-newsworthy event that is being blown up by a bunch of retards.

What's good for the goose... http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131442

Pogue Mahone
6/2/2009, 02:14 PM
Date nights at Nationals games? They should put Guantanamo detainees at Nationals Park, a new, secure, isolated facility where they'll never be found by the outside world. The Nats are to baseball what AIG is to insurance.

If he went to NY even once a month, this'd be a story.

Good God, people. He goes to Ray's HellBurger for a $10 lunch, $8 meals at Ben's Chili Bowl and $5 burgers at Five Guys. Let him have a little fun.

C&CDean
6/2/2009, 02:20 PM
Date nights at Nationals games? They should put Guantanamo detainees at Nationals Park, a new, secure, isolated facility where they'll never be found by the outside world. The Nats are to baseball what AIG is to insurance.

Good God, people. He goes to Ray's HellBurger for a $10 lunch, $8 meals at Ben's Chili Bowl and $5 burgers at Five Guys. Let him have a little fun.

Nobody is bitching about him going to dinner. They're bitching about the $64K ride to get there, the $50K in protection, and the $50K bill for losers to take pics of it all and write it down.

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 02:25 PM
What's good for the goose... http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131442
Hmmm...lemme see the compare and contrast:

Date night and a Broadway show in NYC vs. War Crimes, torture and breaking the Geneva Conventions.

Gotcha, Gander. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
6/2/2009, 02:26 PM

He went to Five Guys Burgers?

Now that's a Prez who knows what's up!

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 02:27 PM
Nobody is bitching about him going to dinner. They're bitching about the $64K ride to get there, the $50K in protection, and the $50K bill for losers to take pics of it all and write it down.So Presidents shouldn't go read books to Kindergartners either because of the expense in security to Taxpayers? Or visit hospitals? Or go to the VA? Or head out to auto plants? Or disaster areas?

I guess you're for Cheneying the entire Presidency from a hidden bunker somewhere and eating MREs? :cool:

C&CDean
6/2/2009, 02:31 PM
So Presidents shouldn't go read books to Kindergartners either because of the expense in security to Taxpayers? Or visit hospitals? Or go to the VA? Or head out to auto plants? Or disaster areas?

I guess you're for Cheneying the entire Presidency from a hidden bunker somewhere and eating MREs? :cool:

Well, yeah. He's got a wife to read to kids, he's got medical folks to viist hospitals and the VA, nobody gives a **** about auto plants anymore except union losers, and WTF good does a prez do in a disaster area besides **** up operations.

We'd be better served if they'd bunker up and STFU for 4 years.

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 02:44 PM
:les:I DIDN'T GET A HARRUMPH OUTTA THAT GUY!!!!!

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 04:13 PM
Let him have a little fun. Unless he's a corporate exec working nonstop to save these companies millions of dollars,. In that case, it's no fun for them!.

Fixed

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 04:17 PM
Hmmm...lemme see the compare and contrast:

Date night and a Broadway show in NYC vs. War Crimes, torture and breaking the Geneva Conventions.

Gotcha, Gander. ;)

Wasting Tax Payers Dollars = Bad

Spending Tax Payers Money to cause some discomfort for a few psycho jihadists whilst saving American Lives = Good

It's all about perspectives here man! Now you need to start seeing things from mine, because we all know it's the only way. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 05:15 PM
Isn't the jury still out on the applicability of uniformed regular soldiers to jihadists, the Geneva Convention and prisoners of war?

Or was that solved between then and now?

Or was that bomb throwing through hyperbole?

Or was that a bologna sammich?

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 05:20 PM
Isn't the jury still out on the applicability of uniformed regular soldiers to jihadists, the Geneva Convention and prisoners of war?

Or was that solved between then and now?

Or was that bomb throwing through hyperbole?

Or was that a bologna sammich?
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131442

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2009, 05:24 PM
But Mr. Geneva has yet to comment on the issue.

And until we hear from Senor Geneva of the famed House of Geneva, I'm afraid...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CSUPQ7EpU_4/SPc9eoeQTaI/AAAAAAAAcT4/vX4EjRxrRow/S1600-R/obama-jackson533.jpg

The QUESTION IS MOOT!

OklahomaRed
6/2/2009, 06:02 PM
"W" was a capitalist and believed in making money and spending money. On the other hand "O" is a socialist and preaches the money belongs to the masses, and we all need to pitch in and contribute for the good of the nation. That is the point of the post, but some of you fail to note the irony of saying one thing and doing another. It's called being a hypocrit. :D W's problem was that he listened to Barney and Nancy on loaning money to everyone.

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 06:45 PM
Riiiiiiight.

Bush listened to people's advice.

THAT'S what got him in trouble.

Stoopid Libs.

Signed,

~Jenni

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 06:47 PM
Riiiiiiight.

Stoopid Libs.

Signed,

~Jenni

do u ever post on the football forum?

LosAngelesSooner
6/2/2009, 07:18 PM
Often.

JohnnyMack
6/2/2009, 07:54 PM
"W" was a capitalist and believed in making money and spending money. On the other hand "O" is a socialist and preaches the money belongs to the masses, and we all need to pitch in and contribute for the good of the nation. That is the point of the post, but some of you fail to note the irony of saying one thing and doing another. It's called being a hypocrit. :D W's problem was that he listened to Barney and Nancy on loaning money to everyone.

You have a Sean Hannity hand puppet you masturbate with. Don't you?

AlbqSooner
6/2/2009, 08:38 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.;)

JLEW1818
6/2/2009, 09:04 PM
LAS give me 3 things you don't like about Obama.

soonerhubs
6/2/2009, 10:49 PM

Cause we can't hear this theory enough. :rolleyes:
Ironically you are using the same predictable tool he uses. He will say, "What liberal put you up to calling this show?" This is particularly useful when he struggles to find a coherent comeback to the point made by a caller.
It's good to see this technique is used by both sides of the political spectrum.

Hmmm... Good point, so I'll use some hyperbole to try and downplay it.

LosAngelesSooner
6/3/2009, 02:54 PM
LAS give me 3 things you don't like about Obama.Why do you always single me out with questions?

Tell ya what, why don't you tell me three things you LIKE about him?

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 02:56 PM
Why do you always single me out with questions?

Tell ya what, why don't you tell me three things you LIKE about him?

1) He has a great education.

2) He wants a college football playoff.

3) His basketball shot is not bad, at all.

u turn

NormanPride
6/3/2009, 03:20 PM
Homey, I'm disappointed in you for starting this thread. Really, I thought you were better than this.

starclassic tama
6/3/2009, 03:33 PM
this thread MIGHT have a point if every single president didn't waste some money on things like this

LosAngelesSooner
6/3/2009, 03:37 PM
1) He has a great education.

2) He wants a college football playoff.

3) His basketball shot is not bad, at all.

u turnI'll give it as much effort as you did:

Things I don't like:
1) He's turning pre-maturely gray.
2) He sometimes speaks a little haltingly.
3) He picked against us in the MNC.

Now, once you make an effort, maybe I will.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 03:43 PM
I'll give it as much effort as you did:

Things I don't like:
1) He's turning pre-maturely gray.
3) He picked against us in the MNC.

:D

Okay i think spending this amount of money is pretty stupid. Did bush spend a lot of money on the war? yes! Should he have spent all that money? Probably not. But just b/c Bush "messed up" does not mean Obama gets a free pass to spend more money than the history of spending.

Now, do you honestly think this amount of spending will help turn the USA economy around? I hope it does. But i don't see it happening. Obama is taking a gamble, which maybe he has to take.

And if we ever went to a "big" war with a country, I would want to have W in office, not Obama.

Obama is never going to please everybody. People who are poor now, are going to still be poor when he leaves office.

that's just me.

KABOOKIE
6/3/2009, 03:48 PM
this thread MIGHT have a point if every single president didn't waste some money on things like this

Yeah but as discussed previously not every president before this retard was telling people what they shouldn't be doing in these hard economic times. Big ****ing difference that the obama pole smokers won't admit.

sitzpinkler
6/3/2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah but as discussed previously not every president before this retard was telling people what they shouldn't be doing in these hard economic times. Big ****ing difference that the obama pole smokers won't admit.

Big difference my ***! Are you really trying to say there's never been a hypocritical president before?

KABOOKIE
6/3/2009, 04:00 PM
Big difference my ***! Are you really trying to say there's never been a hypocritical president before?

Hope and Change.

So he deserves this? Go tit.

JLEW1818
6/3/2009, 04:01 PM
I would say "Opportunity" is a better word than Change.

soonerhubs
6/3/2009, 04:07 PM
Big difference my ***! Are you really trying to say there's never been a hypocritical president that's never been called out for it by the mainstream media before?

Fixed it.

sitzpinkler
6/3/2009, 04:52 PM
Fixed it.

So, the New York Post isn't MSM?

soonerhubs
6/3/2009, 05:44 PM
So, the New York Post isn't MSM?

Nope.

Perhaps if you saw other news media outlets such as the New York Times or NBC, ABC, or CBS calling him out for his hypocrisy, you could make that point.

If W would have preached conserve, save, and sacrifice for your children's future in the middle of a recession, and then took a trip to the ranch, this would be an event worthy of the news for an entire week.

It's pointless to argue with some of you though.
The double standards applied here are laughable.

Curly Bill
6/3/2009, 05:49 PM
Nope.

Perhaps if you saw other news media outlets such as the New York Times or NBC, ABC, or CBS calling him out for his hypocrisy, you could make that point.

If W would have preached conserve, save, and sacrifice for your children's future in the middle of a recession, and then took a trip to the ranch, this would be an event worthy of the news for an entire week.

Now you're learning. It took me a while to catch onto this myself, but once you learn to just leave them to their blissful ignorance you'll be less stressed trying to help them out.

soonerhubs
6/3/2009, 06:29 PM
Now you're learning. It took me a while to catch onto this myself, but once you learn to just leave them to their blissful ignorance you'll be less stressed trying to help them out.

Oh, I'm not stressed. Perhaps like me, they enjoy the fun of the debate.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/4/2009, 08:34 AM
I'll give it as much effort as you did:

Things I don't like:

Sometimes? Why is it every times he speaks, it sounds as if he is preaching to me?

sitzpinkler
6/4/2009, 11:11 AM
Nope.

The NY Post is 6th-largest newspaper in the U.S. by circulation. So if that's not MSM, I don't know what is. It reached enough people that every message board I've been to is discussing it.

I'm sorry that NBC, etc. didn't pick up on such a huge story for you. Maybe because they realize that's exactly what it is not.

Where you and I differ is I don't see this as a big deal. I don't see it as newsworthy AT ALL. I don't expect the president, just because he's trying to fix the recession and because he's an environmentalist, to NEVER ride in an airplane for vacation or leisure. I wouldn't have given a damn if Bush had preached conserve..blah blah blah, then taken a trip to the Bahamas. That's just how it works for a president. They do **** at taxpayers expense. As already mentioned, if he was really trying to be a hypocrit about it, he could have taken the real AF1 and cost a lot more.

I see where you are coming from, I just completely disagree.

NYC Poke
6/4/2009, 11:18 AM
The NY Post is 6th-largest newspaper in the U.S. by circulation. So if that's not MSM, I don't know what is. It reached enough people that every message board I've been to is discussing it.

They give it out for free about half the time to boost their circulation numbers. The Post is fun to read, but it's really kind of a tabloid.

Jello Biafra
6/4/2009, 11:20 AM
why don't you guys just go grab a creme soda...

badger
6/4/2009, 11:25 AM
They give it out for free about half the time to boost their circulation numbers. The Post is fun to read, but it's really kind of a tabloid.

I think that's one of the formerly-respected newspapers that Rupert ragged, like the Washington Times... but I am not sure.

A lot of newspapers will give away papers to boost circulation. Circulation stats are more important than actual circs in some cases when ad dollars are on the line. This applies more to national newspapers than your local town ones.

OklahomaRed
6/5/2009, 02:16 PM

What is it with you and your infatuation with masturbation? This is the second post of mine where you have brought up masturbation? :confused: Is there something I should know? :D Do you have some secret you need to tell me about? Have you peeked over the urinal at a tailgate or something and actually viewed my enormous ****? :D If you want some, just let me know. I'm sure we could work something out! :D

Don't be jelous. :cool:

OklahomaRed
6/5/2009, 02:47 PM
Riiiiiiight.

Stoopid Libs.

Signed,

~Jenni

Bush sucked! Who says I was ever a Bush fan? He was one of our worse presidents EVER. Only thing he did right was protect us from another terrorist attack. On the econcomy and foreign policy, he was terrible. What he did was drift from the conservative agenda. With that said, O beat a weak McCain by 6%. 6% of the vote following one of our all time crappiest presidents.

Why do you deffend the greatest presidential spender of all time? We didn't need all the trillions of dollars spent to correct our economy. We needed to get the goverment out of the money business, and in to the policing business of keeping crooked corporate CEO's and crooked bankers from playing shell games.

The companies that spent themselves in to oblivion should have been allowed to fail and the system that grew out of that would have been much stronger. Instead, we as a weak nation and a bunch of softies don't have the stomach to push through their stupidity. So the government comes and sets itself up as the SOCIALIST they are.

What point in the history of our nation has the government ever owned all or a percent of banks, car companies, home mortgage companies, etc? And now they are pushing for ownership of the insurance industry and healthcare? What part of that is not socialistic?

Go ahead, bury your head in the sand and we will all be wearing blue vests and singing the Obama anthem.

Frankly government intrustion in to anything should be avoided at all costs. Their job is to provide for the Nation's deffense, build the infrastructure of the country, and to police crooks from stealing and murdering. Other than that, they need to get out of the way and let free enterprise work.

Just say it. You believe it is the government's job to take care of us? To nurse us? To keep us well? To provide jobs for us? To print and give us money when we are too lazy to make it ourselves? :gary:

geaux_sec_tigers
6/7/2009, 06:06 PM
White people from the Heartland are all in fear because they are becoming the minority and justice will soon be served to the white man. Your sick racism against Obama and the Black Community will not save you when America follows the path of Zimbabwe/Rhodesia and South Africa and justice is served to the cracker Republicans who deserve it. I know many Native Americans in OK whose tribes endorsed Obama and can't wait for the prophecy of justice to come true after they have enough financial power to buy back their lands and slaughter you whites who are currently occupying OK/Indian Territory.

royalfan5
6/7/2009, 06:10 PM
White people from the Heartland are all in fear because they are becoming the minority and justice will soon be served to the white man. Your sick racism against Obama and the Black Community will not save you when America follows the path of Zimbabwe/Rhodesia and South Africa and justice is served to the cracker Republicans who deserve it. I know many Native Americans in OK whose tribes endorsed Obama and can't wait for the prophecy of justice to come true after they have enough financial power to buy back their lands and slaughter you whites who are currently occupying OK/Indian Territory.

Aren't their more fun hobbies than spamming message boards with random inflammatory nonsense. Like actually masturbation, for instance?

KABOOKIE
6/7/2009, 06:14 PM

Wow. Racism at it's finest.

geaux_sec_tigers
6/7/2009, 06:14 PM
Just speaking the truth, Royalfan5. Obama's mother was from Kansas and Blake Griffin's mother set the agenda at Oklahoma for racial mixing. We can breed out your Caucasian women in the heartland until whites are almost extinct. White Oklahoma women are more likely to have babies with black men and not think anything of it, which will help us exterminate Caucasians non-violently. Oklahoma white men cheered for Blake Griffin, even though his momma is helping the cause of eliminating the 8% white global ,minority from the planet.

tommieharris91
6/7/2009, 06:38 PM
Your sick racism against Obama and the Black Community will not save you when America follows the path of Zimbabwe/Rhodesia

When you call utopia a place where paper money is worth less than toilet paper and will be worth less than a single blade of grass when I am done writing this post, you're not making a very good point.

Lastly, the Native American people of OK apparently didn't listen to their tribes' message when they went to the polls.

geaux_sec_tigers
6/7/2009, 06:56 PM
ALL tribes of OK endorsed Obama. Only the white-skin pretendians like Sam Bradford voted for McCain. I will admit that McCain did a great job of selling out the Republican party and throwing the election for Obama. McCain has always been a good liberal white man who supports amnesty and minority rights, even though his party hates him and pressures him not to. The last of the GOP will be progressives who have infiltrated the GOP and turned it pacifist. No such thing as true conservatism and Republicanism anymore outside of states like Oklahoma and Nebraska. Obama represents America's version of Nelson Mandela. He is the future face and race of all America 20 years from now when whites are Brazilianized and mixed to Creole/Mulatto. The DNC is America's ANC like that of Mandela's party in South Africa. People of Color, although we still have occassional conflicts among one another, are completely united under the Democratic party in the name of equality and socialism, which will eventually end white imperialism and capitalistic oppression of our communities. The GOP is now the de facto White People's Party, and sellout Uncle Toms like Steele, JC Watts and Bobby Jindal will never be in it for the conservative cause; because we all know they are only in it as mouthpieces for the white Repukes and the money that white bigots have bought them off with to combat Obama. America will never again be a white capitalist nation, because your white birth rates are declining and People of Color's natality rates are exploding the world over. Besides, the remaining white females are no longer interested in procreating with their own emasculated white males anymore.

Curly Bill
6/7/2009, 07:09 PM
Damn, that's what I call a troll!

Who's troll are you though....???

OklahomaRed
6/9/2009, 07:35 PM
ALL tribes of OK endorsed Obama. Only the white-skin pretendians like Sam Bradford voted for McCain. I will admit that McCain did a great job of selling out the Republican party and throwing the election for Obama. McCain has always been a good liberal white man who supports amnesty and minority rights, even though his party hates him and pressures him not to. The last of the GOP will be progressives who have infiltrated the GOP and turned it pacifist. No such thing as true conservatism and Republicanism anymore outside of states like Oklahoma and Nebraska. Obama represents America's version of Nelson Mandela. He is the future face and race of all America 20 years from now when whites are Brazilianized and mixed to Creole/Mulatto. The DNC is America's ANC like that of Mandela's party in South Africa. People of Color, although we still have occassional conflicts among one another, are completely united under the Democratic party in the name of equality and socialism, which will eventually end white imperialism and capitalistic oppression of our communities. The GOP is now the de facto White People's Party, and sellout Uncle Toms like Steele, JC Watts and Bobby Jindal will never be in it for the conservative cause; because we all know they are only in it as mouthpieces for the white Repukes and the money that white bigots have bought them off with to combat Obama. America will never again be a white capitalist nation, because your white birth rates are declining and People of Color's natality rates are exploding the world over. Besides, the remaining white females are no longer interested in procreating with their own emasculated white males anymore.

True. Then the colored nation will fall in to the hands of Mexico because they will out work and be willing to get off their fat arses long enough to work and produce something that China will buy. If you think the "great melting pot" will not absorb EVERYONE then you are the one who is mistaken. It is the blacks that are being absorbed by the whites. Go for it. I say all for one and one for all. It doesn't make a difference what color you are. Someone is going to have to get out there and produce something and get to work. If WE do not produce anything that the rest of the world wants, except our debt, then we will fall from within.

I have long asked the question why the government still pays out money to tribes who obviously do not need it anymore? If the government is looking for a new tax revenue, they might want to look at how many billions of dollars they are not collecting by allowing indian nations to own casinos? Perhaps the government should just get in the casino business and we can truly roll every piece of our economy into the governments hands?

As long as people such as yourself see it as the democrats are going to take care of you, then we are already there. Get ready for socialism and we all shall see if we are better or worse off than before?

I agree with you. Whites are getting a taste of their own desires. Right now in the good old USA if you have two equally qualified, or even further, one more qualified white and a less qualified person of color, guess who gets in to college? Gets the job? Gets the raise? Get the promotion? We are there. If you are a white, male, christian in the USA you are officially at the bottom of the barrel. You are the last in line. The last to qualify for any government hand outs. The last to get any grants or loans. You now get to enjoy what the blacks enjoyed since the Civil War.

I guess we shall see how long whitey takes it? :D

LosAngelesSooner
6/9/2009, 08:02 PM
Whoa.

I'm waaayyy out of this thread now. Troll or no Troll. This last page should be nuked into oblivion...for all the responses on it.

Curly Bill
6/9/2009, 08:54 PM
Whoa.

I'm waaayyy out of this thread now. Troll or no Troll. This last page should be nuked into oblivion...for all the responses on it.

So...are you saying you weren't geaux_sec_tigers? ;) ;)

:D

OklahomaRed
6/10/2009, 01:30 PM
One more question?

How much of a % does one have to be before they get to keep qualifying for tax supported hand outs, or governmental quotas? 50%? 25%? 12.5%?
6.25%? 3.125%? 1.5635%? 0.78%? 0.39%? 0.19%? 0.0976572%?

Where does it stop? Where does one continue to be counted IN? (It used to be OUT, but now it is IN.) :D

Just asking. If the government is looking to save $$$$ then they ought to state what is IN and what is OUT.

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 01:33 PM
if you don't agree with LAS, your absolutely wrong!!!!!

NYC Poke
6/10/2009, 01:37 PM
I hope the secks that Barack and Michelle had afterwards was as long as this thread.

JLEW1818
6/10/2009, 01:38 PM
i hope his wife leaves him and he runs outta office.

OUMallen
6/10/2009, 01:41 PM
(It is thought that Nero did not really play the fiddle as Rome burned)

It was said by Suetonius and Cassius Dio that Nero sang the "Sack of Ilium" in stage costume while the city burned.[89] Popular legend claims that Nero played the fiddle at the time of the fire, an anachronism based merely on the concept of the lyre, a stringed instrument associated with Nero and his performances. (There were no fiddles in 1st-century Rome) However, Tacitus' account has Nero in Antium at the time of the fire.[90] Tacitus also said that Nero playing his lyre and singing while the city burned was only rumor.[90]

soonerfan28
6/10/2009, 02:26 PM
Yea, I guess those 77 trips to Crawford, *Texas* for GWB cost taxpayers nothing.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/10/2009, 02:55 PM
It was said by Suetonius and Cassius Dio that Nero sang the "Sack of Ilium" in stage costume while the city burned.[89] Popular legend claims that Nero played the fiddle at the time of the fire, an anachronism based merely on the concept of the lyre, a stringed instrument associated with Nero and his performances. (There were no fiddles in 1st-century Rome) However, Tacitus' account has Nero in Antium at the time of the fire.[90] Tacitus also said that Nero playing his lyre and singing while the city burned was only rumor.[90]

Latest I've read indicates that Nero did none of this, that these stories were fabricated to heap even more ridicule on an Emperor that needed no help in being scorned in the first place.