PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Thank You, Thank You - CFN!!

PLaw
5/31/2009, 07:18 PM
As if Slingin' Sam needed any motivation for this upcoming the season, the "experts" at CFN have just thrown a little gas on the fire. Somebody needs to pin this article in Sam's locker.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/868213.html

Boomer

meoveryouxinfinity
5/31/2009, 09:47 PM
cred to Fiutak.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion.

Notice I didn't mention anything about leadership. While Tebow gets praised for his screamy, in-your-face style, he doesn't command more respect from his team that McCoy does from his. Tebow doesn't have a better command of an offense than Bradford does of his. All three have the intangibles, but Tebow has produced the big wins at the highest level while McCoy hasn't won a Big 12 title and Bradford hasn't won a BCS game.

Now, on the other hand, you have this tool Cirminiello...

For a college program, however, it’d be hard to pass on Tebow, one of the all-time tour de force personalities in the sport’s history. No, he’s not the most complete quarterback around, but when you hand him the ball, you know that he’ll carry it through a brick wall if the end zone is just beyond it. And he’s going to inspire about 10 other guys to follow him through. Plain and simple, he’s a winner and an epic leader, two of the qualities every coach craves in his quarterback. If the game is on the line, Tebow is the kind of player you want with the ball in his hands. He’s shown no signs of being a problem away from the field, and as far as a face for the program, you can’t do much better.
Seriously?

And having these articles back-to-back makes the second guy look like such an idiot. I love it.

rainiersooner
5/31/2009, 11:42 PM
You know, if I played defense for Florida, I would take some serious exception to the media's tea-bag love. Was it really Timmy's "tour de force" personality/ability to run through a brick wall that won Florida last year's championship? Or did it have anything to do with the fact that their defense stopped us TWICE deep in the red zone??? More to the point, yeah, sure T-bag was able to run on us in the 4th quarter, but don't forget that it was FLORIDA'S ability to spread us out that opened that up for him. In my humble opinion, T-bag differentiated himself from McCoy and Bradford mainly by circumcising Filipino boys, yelling loudly whenever the cameras were on him, and having a superior supporting cast to either OU or Texas. This is not sour grapes - I think this moron is bad for college football. To say he is even close to becoming the "greatest" college football player of all time is to spit on the face of the great players who have come before him.

OUAlumni1990
5/31/2009, 11:48 PM
How many want to bet me that the dbag that is currently qb at Florida will be a distant memory in 3 years...

rainiersooner
5/31/2009, 11:57 PM
How many want to bet me that the dbag that is currently qb at Florida will be a distant memory in 3 years...

No bet.

It boils my blood when I hear that Tebow beat us. He simply did not. Florida beat us - they deserved to and I have ZERO problem with that school or that team. Congratulations to them. But to suggest that their QB beat us devalues the game of football and elevates into a superficial, opinion-laden game of who can impress who the most with soundbites and media created story-lines...oh wait - that's what the polls are in fact about! Ugh.

jumperstop
6/1/2009, 02:15 AM
I ****ing hate Tim Tebow

boomermagic
6/1/2009, 08:39 AM
You know, if I played defense for Florida, I would take some serious exception to the media's tea-bag love. Was it really Timmy's "tour de force" personality/ability to run through a brick wall that won Florida last year's championship? Or did it have anything to do with the fact that their defense stopped us TWICE deep in the red zone??? More to the point, yeah, sure T-bag was able to run on us in the 4th quarter, but don't forget that it was FLORIDA'S ability to spread us out that opened that up for him. In my humble opinion, T-bag differentiated himself from McCoy and Bradford mainly by circumcising Filipino boys, yelling loudly whenever the cameras were on him, and having a superior supporting cast to either OU or *Texas*. This is not sour grapes - I think this moron is bad for college football. To say he is even close to becoming the "greatest" college football player of all time is to spit on the face of the great players who have come before him.

Great post !

goingoneight
6/1/2009, 08:48 AM
Seriously, people... this isn't Teb0w's fault. He's a steady player on a great team. He's got his Heisman, his MNC... his time in the CFB spotlight will pass like anyone else's has before him. TT is a great player. So he won't be a high draft pick, may not even play in the NFL. How many players in CFB in the grand scheme of things ever do win one, possibly two Heismans and go on to enjoy professional football success?
I like UF, Meyer, etc. You don't need to remind me what happened in January or how the media has made him the next Matt Leinart/Vince Young "greatest player ever" nonsense.

badger
6/1/2009, 09:32 AM
The "national" sports media reminds all Heisman voters and sports fans how they should feel in the "greatest quarterback" debate:
http://i44.tinypic.com/25rpc9f.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
6/1/2009, 09:40 AM
the person that should be pissed off is Chris Leak

SoonerLB
6/1/2009, 10:44 AM
In the words of ESPN, "praise him" .....................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/timmylastsupperal-1.jpg

oupride
6/1/2009, 10:51 AM
Face it, Pony boy is the fave for Heisman this year. I hope Sam SHREDS the Texas secondary and doesn't let up until the he captures the MNC trophy!

rainiersooner
6/1/2009, 12:06 PM
Face it, Pony boy is the fave for Heisman this year. I hope Sam SHREDS the *Texas* secondary and doesn't let up until the he captures the MNC trophy!

I've got no problem with McCoy (other than the fact that he made a poor choice in selecting which university to attend)...I'll puke if tea-bag wins the Heisman.

badger
6/1/2009, 12:41 PM
I've got no problem with McCoy (other than the fact that he made a poor choice in selecting which university to attend)...I'll puke if tea-bag wins the Heisman.

Booger Chase was the Heisman favorite last preseason too... losing took him out of contention. Let's hope for a similar result for Pony Boy McCoy

jumperstop
6/1/2009, 01:13 PM
Booger Chase was the Heisman favorite last preseason too... losing took him out of contention. Let's hope for a similar result for Pony Boy McCoy

Booger lost to OSU at home and lost to Texas by a lot in Austin. So Texas would have to lose OU-TX and then lose by a lot to OSU in Stillwater to get a similar result, which is all quite possible.

Either way I don't see McCoy winning the Heisman, even if they don't lose both those games. Tebow is like 95% going to win, because even if he has a bad game, he doesn't have a bad game because he was there leading the team or some other stupid idea the media likes to come up with. Sam and Colt are great players but both will be compared to the numbers that they put up last year, and that will be hard. Sam has the upperhand between him and Colt because if he can pull off the wins people will think more of his abilities because of the loss of key players from last year.

JLEW1818
6/1/2009, 01:19 PM
The only way Tebow does not win, is if he gets hurt

badger
6/1/2009, 01:22 PM
Tim Tivo will lose the Heisman the same way other top contenders have in the past - by losing games - and wow has he lost a lot of his talent surrounding him (Percy) that made him look good.

As long as you brought it up, I lol'd at OSU a lot during those Mizzou dark ages. Basically, the "We're comin' to yer ci-tay" crowd shows up for Mizzou @ Texaz, ensuring that they will not be pimping OSU for the subsequent game in Mizzou. Then, when OSU comes to Austin to play, Gameday had to be like "Too much Texaz games! Let's go to the SEC!" or something. I don't remember how it all went down, but they couldn't get ESPN to pay attention to them (or perhaps Boone-Holder didn't want them to, lest OSU fans stay home instead of attending in person???) until they played us... and lost... lol again.

Half a Hundred
6/1/2009, 02:19 PM
Tebow sells well to the parts of the country that generally follow college football. It's just a marketing decision.

TMcGee86
6/1/2009, 04:33 PM
If Bradford had two rings, I'd be pretty peeved if the media didn't say he was the best college QB.

just sayin.

goingoneight
6/1/2009, 04:53 PM
If one of those rings was from 2006, PT might.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/1/2009, 05:06 PM
If Bradford had two rings, I'd be pretty peeved if the media didn't say he was the best college QB.

just sayin.

We have two more chances! (ok, not really..)

So, you're saying that because Urban Meyer has 2 NCs, he is unquestionably the best HC in CFB? Not to mention one was against Ohio State, and he wasn't even the starter that season.

JLEW1818
6/1/2009, 05:32 PM
The Gators would not have made it to the National Title without Tebow during the 2007, in my opinion.

East Coast Bias
6/1/2009, 05:41 PM
Badger that hurts that you put tebow right over my area. I know I have the EAST COAST BIAS , and yes, i am the only OU fan in New Hampshire, but don't give him my town and state so fast/

jumperstop
6/2/2009, 01:11 AM
Badger that hurts that you put The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah right over my area. I know I have the EAST COAST BIAS , and yes, i am the only OU fan in New Hampshire, but don't give him my town and state so fast/

Representin in New Hampshire!

badger
6/2/2009, 07:16 AM
Badger that hurts that you put The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah right over my area. I know I have the EAST COAST BIAS , and yes, i am the only OU fan in New Hampshire, but don't give him my town and state so fast/

Ok, fair enough. Is this one better?
http://cagle.com/news/NewHampshire2008/images/stein.jpg

cheezyq
6/2/2009, 10:57 AM
The only way The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah does not win, is if he gets hurt

I'm not sure that would even do it. He'd probably go out there hurt, limp off the field in a dramatic scene, and cry in front of the media about how he let his team down and the media would give it to him on his "courage" for going out and giving it the ol' college try. That sums up the absurdity of the Tebow love.

TMcGee86
6/2/2009, 11:20 AM
We have two more chances! (ok, not really..)

So, you're saying that because Urban Meyer has 2 NCs, he is unquestionably the best HC in CFB? Not to mention one was against Ohio State, and he wasn't even the starter that season.

Um, yeah, I think I would say that. He just beat the guy I consider to be the best, so I guess I have to give it to him.

I'm just saying, they beat us, if we had beaten them I would be really pissed if SB wasn't ahead of Teblow. As it is, I can't really complain. Just win baby.

jumperstop
6/2/2009, 12:23 PM
Maybe all this tebow love will back fire and, all the midwest and west people will vote against him because they're sick and tierd of hearing about teboner all season on ESPN.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/2/2009, 02:02 PM
Um, yeah, I think I would say that. He just beat the guy I consider to be the best, so I guess I have to give it to him.

I'm just saying, they beat us, if we had beaten them I would be really pissed if SB wasn't ahead of Teblow. As it is, I can't really complain. Just win baby.

I might agree with you. Or I might argue that Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, Jim Tressel are more tenured. All have more league championships, more BCS appearances, have done more with less talent (excluding USC).

Strictly quarterback talk, Bradford engineered an offense that scored in the blink of an eye. There was no Adrian Peterson to hand the ball off to. No Mark Clayton or Brandon Jones to catch everything in sight. Physically, Bradford is taller than Tebow and McCoy (yes, in most situations, that does make him the better quarterback). Not to mention, both McCoy and Tebow have had an additional year of playing time over Bradford. Compare Bradford, as a quarterback, at the end of this upcoming season to McCoy and Tebow. I already think Sam is the better quarterback, 2 rings or none.

I don't see how it would be preposterous to Florida fans for some know-it-all writer to think Sam was better than Tebow. But heck, they couldn't believe he lost the Heisman to him either.

TMcGee86
6/2/2009, 02:24 PM
I might agree with you. Or I might argue that Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, Jim Tressel are more tenured. All have more league championships, more BCS appearances, have done more with less talent (excluding USC).

Strictly quarterback talk, Bradford engineered an offense that scored in the blink of an eye. There was no Adrian Peterson to hand the ball off to. No Mark Clayton or Brandon Jones to catch everything in sight. Physically, Bradford is taller than The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah and McCoy (yes, in most situations, that does make him the better quarterback). Not to mention, both McCoy and The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah have had an additional year of playing time over Bradford. Compare Bradford, as a quarterback, at the end of this upcoming season to McCoy and The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah. I already think Sam is the better quarterback, 2 rings or none.

I don't see how it would be preposterous to Florida fans for some know-it-all writer to think Sam was better than The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah. But heck, they couldn't believe he lost the Heisman to him either.

I agree with everything you said. I think Sam's the better qb. I'm just not surprised that peeps are all up on T's jock right now.

atlheff
6/2/2009, 02:29 PM
You know, if I played defense for Florida, I would take some serious exception to the media's tea-bag love. Was it really Timmy's "tour de force" personality/ability to run through a brick wall that won Florida last year's championship? Or did it have anything to do with the fact that their defense stopped us TWICE deep in the red zone??? More to the point, yeah, sure T-bag was able to run on us in the 4th quarter, but don't forget that it was FLORIDA'S ability to spread us out that opened that up for him. In my humble opinion, T-bag differentiated himself from McCoy and Bradford mainly by circumcising Filipino boys, yelling loudly whenever the cameras were on him, and having a superior supporting cast to either OU or *Texas*. This is not sour grapes - I think this moron is bad for college football. To say he is even close to becoming the "greatest" college football player of all time is to spit on the face of the great players who have come before him.

Oh ye of little faith. It was his holinesseseses example of inhuman courage and iron will that allowed the gator's defense to play on that heavenly plain. Isn't it obvious that if our weak and petty politicians would humble themselves before ESPN's lord and savior and simply ask him to intervene that all the world's wars would end, Al Quada would dissolve, Iran would launch nuclear missiles on themselves, GM would instantly re-emerge as the dominant auto maker in the universe, world markets would stabilize and return profits for all eternity. Well if that were what tim jehovah A#1 teebow desired for us. You sir shall burn for your blasphemy.

Knippz
6/6/2009, 01:24 AM
Side note - I'm so glad I read most of my CF news on SF. Every story is more enjoyable when it reads Tim Tebow and Texas.

meoveryouxinfinity
6/6/2009, 09:52 AM
Oh, and I have decided I do blame Tebow for his media entourage. He's a tool. If he wasn't a tool, they wouldn't be all over him.