PDA

View Full Version : My slowpitch softball team is just awful.....

royalfan5
5/29/2009, 09:38 PM
We lost 40-5 tonight, and I was the only one to hit the ball out of the infield in the air. I have played on awful team in all the major sports, and this might be the least competitive team I have ever been on. It's hard to impress the hot chicks on the other team when you are on a team that can barely tie it's shoelaces. Maybe it's time to take up golf instead.

walkoffsooner
5/29/2009, 09:53 PM
It would be hard to show for another dose of that.

bluedogok
5/29/2009, 10:04 PM
OH...coed....yeah those can get bad quickly. I played on a work team 20+ years ago (art supply/blueprint shop) that was bad. We had one girl who had played, the rest never had. All we asked was they try and most gave it there all so it was hard to get upset about it. We had practice once a week for about two months prior and most of them showed up every time. They did improve and they seemed to enjoy themselves, that was about all we could ask of that team.

We used to joke that with my later work team (architects/engineers/surveyors) that we should have named ourselves We're Only Here For The Beer. We were never better than .500 over a 6 year stretch. Luckily I played on a coed team from church at the same time, we had a couple of ex-college players not too far from being out of school including a couple of the girls, I was one of the older guys on that team. We lost two games the entire season and both of those were close. We ended up in second place, the other team from our church won it with one loss, to us (we went 1-1 against each other). The next season both of our teams were moved up, but our team had changed. I and another guy were traveling a lot for work, we lost female one player who moved to Denver and another one due to pregnancy. So we weren't near as good without the consistent female play.

boomersooner28
5/30/2009, 04:14 AM
Ya know, I may be in the same boat royal. I have played quite a bit of competitive softball and I used to play in a couple of leagues with darn good teams. Due to work, I haven't been able to play the last 3 years, but this year I signed up for the Church league. We had a practice. It wasn't good. There are 2 of us that can hit. Most can field decent enough. No speed. Our first game is Tuesday. We shall see. I can't take a 40-5, that is for sure.

AlbqSooner
5/30/2009, 06:59 AM
It's hard to impress the hot chicks on the other team when you are on a team that can barely tie it's shoelaces. Maybe it's time to take up golf instead.

If you are the only guy on the team to hit the ball out of tthe infield in the air, the chicks on the other team must think you are a real stud player - and very patient with those who aren't so good. Besides, golf is one game that will make you wonder if YOU can tie your own shoes.

boomersooner28
5/30/2009, 09:04 AM
If you are the only guy on the team to hit the ball out of tthe infield in the air, the chicks on the other team must think you are a real stud player - and very patient with those who aren't so good. Besides, golf is one game that will make you wonder if YOU can tie your own shoes.

+2! 2 VERY VERY good points. Golf is not the answer too anything if you are trying to feel better about yourself. Golf will make you cry like a lil bitch and drive your car off of a cliff.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/30/2009, 09:47 AM
40-5....wow