PDA

View Full Version : I got's me some Athlon's mag.......

Salt City Sooner
5/29/2009, 10:29 AM
Any questions or something I might've missed, just ask.

Rankings: UF-1, OU-2, UT-3, OSU-9, NU-16, KU-26, TTU-31, BYU-33, Miami-35, Mizzou-37, CU-49, Baylor-52, Tulsa-62, A&M-66, KSU-68, ISU-81

All American’s:

1st team: Jermaine @ TE, Trent Williams @ OL, Murray @ All-Purpose, McCoy @ DT

2nd Team: Bradford @ QB, Travis Lewis @ LB,

3rd Team: Granger @ DT

Conference unit rankings: OU has the #1 ranked unit in the B12 at every position except for OL (obviously). They are #4 there, behind UT, OSU, & NU.

National unit rankings: #2 @ QB behind UF, #3 @ WR/TE behind USC & Notre Dame, #1 @ DL, & #2 @ LB, behind UF.

All Conference teams:

1st Team: Bradford @ QB, Murray @ RB, Grishum (yeah, that was for u Herbie) @ TE, Williams @ OL, Granger & McCoy @ DL, Lewis @ LB, & Franks @ CB

2nd Team: Beal & English @ DL, Clayton @ LB, Murray @ KR

3rd Team: Brown @ RB, Broyles @ WR, Simmons @ OL, & (Lord I hope they’re right on this) Reynolds @ LB.

Recruiting Class rankings: UT was #5 nationally, OU was #7. Believe it or not, the next highest class was A&M, who checked in at #30.

They also had an all-decade team, w/ a limit of 4 players from any 1 team, & 1 player from each team in the league must be selected. OU’s guys were AD @ RB, Jamaal Brown @ OL, Tommie Harris @ DL, & Lehman @ LB.

Pertinent bowl game matchup predictions:

OU vs. UF in the title game
Boise St. vs. UT in the Fiesta
‘Bama vs. Cincy in the Sugar
Va. Tech vs. Penn State in the Orange
USC vs. tOSU in the Rose
KU vs. Illinois in the Alamo
LSU vs. OSU in the Cotton
Tech vs. Oregon in the Sun
CU vs. Navy in the Texas
Cal vs. NU in the Holiday
Baylor (yes, I said Baylor) vs. South Carolina in the Independence
Miami vs. Arkansas in the Music City
Hawaii vs. Houston in the Hawaii
BYU vs. Nevada in the New Mexico

JLEW1818
5/29/2009, 10:39 AM
Any questions or something I might've missed, just ask.

Rankings: UF-1, OU-2, UT-3, OSU-9, NU-16, KU-26, TTU-31, BYU-33, Miami-35, Mizzou-37, CU-49, Baylor-52, Tulsa-62, A&M-66, KSU-68, ISU-81

All American’s:

1st team: Jermaine @ TE, Trent Williams @ OL, Murray @ All-Purpose, McCoy @ DT

2nd Team: Bradford @ QB, Travis Lewis @ LB,

3rd Team: Granger @ DT

Conference unit rankings: OU has the #1 ranked unit in the B12 at every position except for OL (obviously). They are #4 there, behind UT, OSU, & NU.

National unit rankings: #2 @ QB behind UF, #3 @ WR/TE behind USC & Notre Dame, #1 @ DL, & #2 @ LB, behind UF.

All Conference teams:

1st Team: Bradford @ QB, Murray @ RB, Grishum (yeah, that was for u Herbie) @ TE, Williams @ OL, Granger & McCoy @ DL, Lewis @ LB, & Franks @ CB

2nd Team: Beal & English @ DL, Clayton @ LB, Murray @ KR

3rd Team: Brown @ RB, Broyles @ WR, Simmons @ OL, & (Lord I hope they’re right on this) Reynolds @ LB.

Recruiting Class rankings: UT was #5 nationally, OU was #7. Believe it or not, the next highest class was A&M, who checked in at #30.

They also had an all-decade team, w/ a limit of 4 players from any 1 team, & 1 player from each team in the league must be selected. OU’s guys were AD @ RB, Jamaal Brown @ OL, Tommie Harris @ DL, & Lehman @ LB.

Pertinent bowl game matchup predictions:

OU vs. UF in the title game
Boise St. vs. UT in the Fiesta
‘Bama vs. Cincy in the Sugar
Va. Tech vs. Penn State in the Orange
USC vs. tOSU in the Rose
KU vs. Illinois in the Alamo
LSU vs. OSU in the Cotton
Tech vs. Oregon in the Sun
CU vs. Navy in the *Texas*
Cal vs. NU in the Holiday
Baylor (yes, I said Baylor) vs. South Carolina in the Independence
Miami vs. Arkansas in the Music City
Hawaii vs. Houston in the Hawaii
BYU vs. Nevada in the New Mexico

i didn't read anything you posted (no offense, i want it to be a surprise) but is the magazine out all over the country?

JLEW1818
5/29/2009, 10:41 AM
or i could have just private messaged you......... that's why they don't pay me to think.

Salt City Sooner
5/29/2009, 10:59 AM
i didn't read anything you posted (no offense, i want it to be a surprise) but is the magazine out all over the country?

I don't know that for sure, but I'd think so. A mag usually has to be out for 6 months or so (:mad:) before it makes it here.

Funky G
5/29/2009, 05:46 PM
Texas Sucks.

Jboozer
5/29/2009, 09:53 PM
I hope *Texas* plays boise in the fiesta! haha and they lose, it would be great to have that turn on them!

SoonerLB
5/29/2009, 11:58 PM
Hard for me to give much credence to anyone that would put Sam as a 2nd teamer. Let me guess, they have the florida faggot on the 1st team?

jumperstop
5/30/2009, 12:30 AM
Can't disagree with any of that, except Sam will be first team.

Curly Bill
5/30/2009, 12:43 AM
Yup, surprised to see Sam on the 2nd team, and pleasantly surprised to see Granger on the 3rd team -- he has the talent, so I hope he's healthy and can put it all together this year. If he can there'll be a big payday in his future.

MamaMia
5/30/2009, 09:32 AM
Cool. Whos on the cover?

goingoneight
5/30/2009, 11:30 AM
It's regional... likely Teboo on teh SEC cover, Colt or Sam on the BIG 12 cover, etc.

Salt City Sooner
5/30/2009, 06:02 PM
LB,

Yes, Tebow was 1st team. Since I'm having a very slow afternoon, here are the other Big 12 AA's:

1st team-

OSU- Dez Bryant (WR), Russell Okung (OL), & Perrish Cox (KR)
UT- Adam Ulatoski (OL)
MU- Sean Witherspoon (LB)

2nd team-

KU- Dezmon Briscoe (WR)
TTU- Brandon Carter (OL)
UT- Chris Hall (C)
NU- Ndamukong Suh (DT)

3rd team

UT- McCoy (QB), Shipley (WR), & Kindle (DE)
OSU- Kendall Hunter (RB)
Baylor- Joe Pawalek (LB)
KU- Darrell Stuckey (S)

FWIW, unless I'm mis-counting, UF & OU tied for the most players on the 3 combined teams with 7 each. UT was next with 5, & Penn State had 4.

JLEW1818
5/31/2009, 10:50 PM
Sam Bradford won't be first team in any magazine this year. If he is, I will be really surprised. we know why..... And Tebow has had a great 3 years.

Salt City Sooner
6/1/2009, 01:27 AM
That censor frickin' cracks me up. :D