PDA

View Full Version : ESPN says we're loaded on D

rainiersooner
5/28/2009, 03:43 PM
Darn biased media!!!

These Big 12 position groups are stacked with talent

May 28, 2009 9:05 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

Some Big 12 position groups are clearly above others as far as raw talent and athleticism. Here's a look at some of the most dominant in the conference.

Oklahoma's front seven: The Sooners go two-deep in talent in the defensive line and linebackers. Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy anchors the defensive front and is an Outland Trophy candidate. Adrian Taylor and Cordero Moore also are capable players. The Sooners have the best collection of defensive ends in college football with Frank Alexander, Jeremy Beal, R.J. Washington and Auston English. Travis Lewis could develop into one of the finest linebackers in Oklahoma history and Mike Balogun, Brandon Crow and Keenan Clayton all are expected to contribute. If heady team leader Ryan Reynolds comes back from his knee injury, this group could rival any in the country -- if it doesn't already.

Big praise for Mr. Lewis - would love to see that happen.

Full link (beware, he also praised Texas' secondary):

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation?tag=simply%20loaded%20052809

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 04:11 PM
100 days away

boomerborn79
5/28/2009, 04:45 PM
Mike Balogun, Brandon Crow and Keenan Clayton. I think he meant Austin Box, not Brandon Crow. I hope he did.

DallasSooner87
5/28/2009, 04:45 PM
Now for something really funny.

3. Oklahoma Sooners
With reigning Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford, running back DeMarco Murray and tight end Jermaine Gresham coming back, the Sooners have as many playmakers as any team in the country. But Oklahoma's fortunes this season might be determined by the guys up front. The Sooners must replace four starting offensive linemen, including All-Big 12 tackle Phil Loadholt and guard Duke Robinson. Right tackle Trent Williams moves to the left side to protect Bradford's blind side, and Cory Brandon emerged as a force at right tackle in the spring. Senior receiver Adron Tennell finally looked like a true deep threat in the spring after recovering from torn knee ligaments, giving Bradford another option in the passing game. Running back Mossis Madu also looked good playing slot receiver. The Sooners were still working to replace both starting safeties, and they must develop some depth on the defensive line.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4166221

Shows who actually watches a team and who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.

madillsoonerfan5353
5/28/2009, 04:55 PM
I didn't see anything on Quinton Carter, dudes a head hunter!! Only a 100 days left? Holy bat turds Batman!!!!!

sooner94
5/28/2009, 05:06 PM
I think the 2-deep assessment at LB is a little over the top. Not that we don't have talent there, but some questions need to be answered between now and September.

Hopefully RR gets back to the level he was before the injury.

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 05:14 PM
yep, he got released this month to start full workouts

SoonerStormchaser
5/28/2009, 06:25 PM
Why did they list Brandon Crow on there? He got completely pwn3d by Colt in last year's RRS. Has he made that much of an improvement?

BoulderSooner79
5/28/2009, 06:40 PM
I hope Brandon is more than just that one game. Clearly, he wasn't ready for that situation, but that was a mid-game emergency in the toughest situation of the year. Also, we complain about how poorly we defended the middle passing zone against the horns, but I watched several of their games after that and the horns were effective against everyone with the short passing game. And that includes the vaunted OSU defense and the winning play against the OSU defense. Those guys were good.

rainiersooner
5/29/2009, 12:09 AM
Now for something really funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4166221

Shows who actually watches a team and who doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground.

That's pretty funny!

OUmillenium
5/29/2009, 09:32 AM
99 Days away

rainiersooner
5/29/2009, 05:37 PM
99 Days away

I find myself checking this site even more regularly in the offseason - maybe there will be SOME news about SOMETHING! :D

picasso
5/29/2009, 11:50 PM
I didn't see anything on Quinton Carter, dudes a head hunter!! Only a 100 days left? Holy bat turds Batman!!!!!

yeah he's a hitter but he's not a proven all around player. we shall see.

goingoneight
5/30/2009, 11:34 AM
Q Carter is solid... as solid as any DB we've got. To me, it's interesting to see which one of Desmond Jackson or Sam Proctor win the starting spot, and if all of them can produce. If Carter stays healthy, I'm not at all worried about his level of play.