PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll taunting the NCAA?

soonerfan28
5/28/2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2009/5/28/891215/floyd-stays-mum-on-recent

Here's part of what's in the link.

Floyd appeared Wednesday night along with football Coach Pete Carroll at the Irvine Hyatt Regency, the first stop on a meet-and-greet tour with Trojans supporters across the state over the next couple of weeks.

The free fall that the basketball team is currently experiencing, the specter of an NCAA investigation into the Trojans' basketball and football programs, and rampant speculation that Floyd's job might be on the line was not part of the agenda.

The crowd that filled one of the hotel's ballrooms mustered only one tough question, which was asked of both coaches: There has been this cloud of the NCAA, are we ever going to get out of it?

Carroll quickly answered, saying that when he first got to USC his goal was to build a program where, "everyone was coming after us."

"Be careful what you wish for," Carroll added, also saying that scrutiny was the price "for being on top."

Floyd did not respond to the question.

Collier11
5/28/2009, 03:27 PM
no, I just think he was being a smart azz

NormanPride
5/28/2009, 03:30 PM
Carroll has always been immature. Not saying he's a bad coach, though he obviously has his issues, but he's always acted like a child in interviews.

rainiersooner
5/28/2009, 03:30 PM
Pride cometh before the fall.

boomerborn79
5/28/2009, 04:42 PM
I hope the ncaa takes it as a taunt. I hate everything usc.

badger
5/28/2009, 04:50 PM
It doesn't matter if he taunts the NCAA or not... at least to the future of the USC major sports programs of basketball or football.

It might matter to us, because our star pf got nut-punched by one of their trojan thugs... it might also matter because of a game that never happened in Florida a few years ago... but it doesn't matter to the NCAA.

Hell, let's taunt the NCAA ourselves! SPINELESS! PUSSIES! NON-FACTOR BOZOS! OUTDATED! PROFIT MONGERERS!

... see? No effect. Bob Stoops could say the same thing, our local media'd make a few headlines and columns outta it, end of story.

I think we've all given up hope that USC will ever face punishment for their breaking of the rules... but to be fair, we had a relatively light punishment for our own infractions in both football and men's basketball.

sooner94
5/28/2009, 05:03 PM
I think we've all given up hope that USC will ever face punishment for their breaking of the rules... but to be fair, we had a relatively light punishment for our own infractions in both football and men's basketball.

Very true and good perspective. As much as I have complained about us being under a microscope and other programs seeming to get a free pass, we did escape those infractions without too much damage. Could have been a lot worse.

But that doesn't mean I don't want to see the Trojans nailed to the wall by the NCAA.:D

bluedogok
5/28/2009, 07:56 PM
Carroll has always been immature. Not saying he's a bad coach, though he obviously has his issues, but he's always acted like a child in interviews.
...and on the field, with his actions as a NY Jets coach with the "choke" gesture towards Don Shula in a game with the Dolphins.

Seamus
5/28/2009, 10:34 PM
Hell, let's taunt the NCAA ourselves! SPINELESS! PUSSIES! NON-FACTOR BOZOS! OUTDATED! PROFIT MONGERERS!

Zisky rates the Russians?

soonerfan28
5/29/2009, 09:38 AM
Very true and good perspective. As much as I have complained about us being under a microscope and other programs seeming to get a free pass, we did escape those infractions without too much damage. Could have been a lot worse.

But that doesn't mean I don't want to see the Trojans nailed to the wall by the NCAA.:D

The difference is we self reported those actions and they have not.

stoopified
5/29/2009, 05:43 PM
What ever happened to failure to cooperate with NCAA investigations being a violation in and of itself?The Condoms should hang for that if nothing else.