PDA

View Full Version : Personal Trainer

ADs_Agent
5/28/2009, 11:05 AM
Diet is finished up, but now I need to tone and shape. I want a good personal trainer who will really work my hardcore, but won't break my bank. I need to start June 22 and go through Labor Day (after that got to pay for grad school sorry), anyone know anyone or have some advice?

tbl
5/28/2009, 11:35 AM
P90X is not a great bodybuilding program, but it is a good system for toning down and getting in good shape. The DVD's keep you focused and it's a pretty minimal investment as compared to a gym membership and personal trainer. It didn't work for me bc I'm more into lifting and gaining mass, but for the dude looking to get in good physical shape and tone everything up, it works pretty well.

Taxman71
5/28/2009, 01:18 PM
You could also consider some online workout plans to save some money....if you are self-motivated. Keep a daily log book and write EVERYTHING you do on it.....sets, reps, weight, cardio, etc. to stay motivated.

If you need an actual trainer to stay motivated, just ask at your gym or club...just about everyone of them has a few. I think every YMCA in the metro has at least 2 trainers.

AggieTool
5/28/2009, 02:05 PM
Join the Marines.

StoopTroup
5/28/2009, 04:07 PM
P90X requires you to mimic the folks on the DVD. Remember...just watching it isn't gonna help.

YWIA

StoopTroup
5/28/2009, 04:09 PM
Get a pedometer and make sure you do 20,000 steps a day.

Do lots of stairs and hills.

You'll be ready for anything in 30 days.

Turd_Ferguson
5/28/2009, 04:09 PM
P90X requires you to mimic the folks on the DVD. Remember...just watching it isn't gonna help.

YWIAson of a....:mad: