PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Quites Hurdles to Focus on Football -- The Rest of the Big XII Trembles

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2009, 04:20 AM
So, RGIII won't be running hurdles in order to focus all of his attention on football. Beware my Sooner friends!

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/04/23/baylor-qb-robert-griffin-quits-hurdles/

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 04:57 AM
YAWN!

Sicem...he plays for Baylor...no matter how talented...when Baylor gets out of the cellar of the Big 12 south...the NCAA will be knocking on the door.

;)

AlbqSooner
5/28/2009, 05:44 AM
YAWN!

Sicem...he plays for Baylor...no matter how talented...when Baylor gets out of the cellar of the Big 12 south...the NCAA will be knocking on the door.

;)

Nah, they are a Baptist affiliated school. Nothing untoward happens there.;)

MrJimBeam
5/28/2009, 05:48 AM
So, RGIII won't be running hurdles in order to focus all of his attention on football. Beware my Sooner friends!

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/04/23/baylor-qb-robert-griffin-quits-hurdles/

So, he's now got another 45 minutes a week not wasted on hurdles?

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 05:49 AM
Nah, they are a Baptist affiliated school. Nothing untoward happens there.;)

huh? :D

Baptist (which I am) and innocence = oxymoron

NO JUAN or KC... I am not calling either of you special morons! :P

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 05:50 AM
So, he's now got another 45 minutes a week not wasted on hurdles?

45 minutes?

Do they really train that much at baylor on hurdles?

CincySooner
5/28/2009, 05:51 AM
from the article's opening line....

Baylor's Robert Griffin isn't just the most athletic quarterback in college football. He might just be the best athlete ever to play quarterback in college football.

Tim Tebow instantly forgave the writer of that article. Thom Brennamenamenamen busts another nut in adulation.

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 06:03 AM
from the article's opening line....

The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah instantly forgave the writer of that article. Thom Brennamenamenamen busts another nut in adulation.

LMFAO!

Tim Teblow sucks ***!

If anything, he is a healthy (20# heavier) Jason White!

MrJimBeam
5/28/2009, 06:20 AM
45 minutes?

Do they really train that much at baylor on hurdles?

Heck, I don't really think they train that much on football.

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 06:27 AM
Heck, I don't really think they train that much on football.

PHUCKING FLAMER!!!

:D

They do 46 minutes for foosball!

badger
5/28/2009, 07:31 AM
So... um... what about your studly o-line guy that blocked for him last year? Don't you think that'll slow your VY clone down a tad by not having his prime blocker there?

TexasLidig8r
5/28/2009, 11:10 AM
YAWN!

;)

Baylor's place as the doormat in the Big XII South was assumed last year by...

aggy.

Them sheep humpin' toy soldiers have not been the same since.

SoonerLB
5/28/2009, 11:16 AM
Hurdles or not, his name will still strike fear on the faces of .................. uh, .............. Iowa State fans maybe? Just sayin' ............ ;)

badger
5/28/2009, 11:17 AM
Baylor's place as the doormat in the Big XII South was assumed last year by...

aggy.

Them sheep humpin' toy soldiers have not been the same since.

Baylor couldn't choose a worse time to have their greatest player (with all due respect to that o-line guy from last year or that ray guy punter a few years ago).

Aggie couldn't choose a worse time to fire a stable-if-not-somewhat-successful coach in favor of Shermanator.

Aggy also couldn't choose a worse time to be somewhat good.

Tech... well... they'll choke, but teams will also choke against them. Can it be you guys instead of us guys again, pretty please?

Tex... well, hope you still have lots of fans waiting for San Diego!

Look for epic meltdowns on message boards across the Big 12 South this fall...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 11:42 AM
not sure how you quite hurdles but ok....and by the way

for someone to say RG3 may be the most athletic QB ever is quite laughable

Jello Biafra
5/28/2009, 11:51 AM
really? trembles?

Scott D
5/28/2009, 12:10 PM
So does that increase the over/under on when he tears an ACL?

SoonerInFortSmith
5/28/2009, 01:33 PM
So does that increase the over/under on when he tears an ACL?

If nothing else, quitting track will make him slower. Probly less flexible too. So, yeah, pop goes the ACL. Over/under set at third Big XII game.

OUTrumpet
5/29/2009, 06:33 AM
YAWN!

;)

Thought they were out and A&M was now in?

;)

Tim Teblow sucks ***!

If anything, he is a healthy (20# heavier) Jason White!

Nah. He is nowhere near Jason White's ability to throw the ball.

Tim Tebow would be closer to J.D. Runnels or Matt Clapp that throws the ball reasonably well (but not great)

badger
5/29/2009, 07:23 AM
He might still be training with the track team, but just not competing. There's been a lot of football players that train track & field but still prioritize football to capitalize their speed.

Their north opponents this year are Mizzou, Nebraska and Iowa State. I see them winning at least one, possibly two of those... and if Griffie's as good as he's cracked up to be, all three.

I also see them beating at least two of their four non-conf opponents, with Wake Forest and UConn up in the air. Since this is their second year playing Wake, they'd probably have a good chance of winning that game. I don't know enough about Conn football to guess at that.

But the Big 12 South? They'll probably lose all five games... well, maybe not A&M.

So... two, possibly three wins from the North.
Two, possibly 3-4 wins from non-conf.
One win (and only one win) from the South.

They will range from five wins to eight wins this year. They are a victim of not being good when the Big 12 South is down, but rather, rising along with their competition... but not high enough to compete for the conference title. Too bad.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/29/2009, 08:55 AM
This thread makes no sense, and who is Griffin Quites?

badger
5/29/2009, 09:04 AM
who is Griffin Quites?

According to Google...
http://i41.tinypic.com/rh1zzq.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
5/29/2009, 10:14 AM
This is what hurdles said

Please stop stop jumping over me
Sincerely,

Hurdles

Scott D
5/29/2009, 11:02 AM
Go away or I'm going to trip you

SicEmBaylor
5/30/2009, 01:37 AM
err Quits ^

goingoneight
5/30/2009, 11:36 AM
Now you're changing the subject. I don't know who the fark this errr character is.

Maybe I should get me a preseason mag and read up more on Baylor.

bent rider
5/30/2009, 03:36 PM
Disappointed this was not another thread about Taylor Griffin joining-up with other OU sports. :D

CrimsonJim
5/30/2009, 06:55 PM
^^^^ That's what I was thinking when I saw the subject. :D

olevetonahill
5/30/2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.lotusguru.com/lotusguru/LGBlog.nsf/images/KPET-77QPPW/$File/Shhhhh-Icon.gif