PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Legend: Prentice Gautt

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 03:20 AM
Before I give the link....

If you do not know who this man is, then you are one of two types of fans...

A true bandwagon fan, or
A very young fan of OU! (meaning turned 17 or 18 this year young)Anyway....Enjoy!

Sooner Legend: Prentice Gautt (http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/frontpage/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116&Itemid=106)

BarryBnds
5/28/2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you for the article. He was a great man. I met him one time and to say he excuded class would be an understatement.

badger
5/28/2009, 10:57 AM
The thing about Prentice Gautt (DR. Prentice Gautt, mind you), is that when you see him around campus in pics and stuff like the student union, he has a smile the rivals the late great Wayman Tisdale.

You look closer at the pics, and you see that Gautt loves reading so much that he even read the encyclopedias... nice staged pic there, OU. :)

In any event, I think you should note in your article the reaction that Dr. Gautt received at halftime before his death... a standing o that wouldn't end.

TUSooner
5/28/2009, 11:03 AM
He was one of the first Sooner heroes to enter my very young consciousness. At the time he was playing for St. Louis, but my dad and cousins were proud to point out that he had played for OU. For awhile, I thought his name was "Brenda Scott," and I wondered who would name a boy "Brenda."

UberSooner
5/28/2009, 01:25 PM
I played golf with him in Lawrence Kansas while I was in Graduate school. I jumped in his twosome and was on the third hole before I found out who he was. Very humble unassuming man, he answered all my questions but didn't initiate any glory stories or anything like that. When I asked him about The Great Bud Wilkinson, he told me has was a father to him. Just a super day with a real gentleman.