PDA

View Full Version : Car Color

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 05:17 PM
So as I am wrapping up the processes of picking out a different ride. I'm having a hard time picking the right color. It seems they all have drawbacks. White is too soccer mom/rental car, black is too hot in the summer, the blue isn't dark enough, red is too cliche in Nebraska, and gray is too generic. I think I'll settle for blue or black, but I thought I'd solicit input to provide a change of pace from the usual circle jerks of late around here.

Oldnslo
5/26/2009, 05:25 PM
White is the highest visibility for other drivers. It's the easiest to clean. It's the easiest to maintain/repaint.

You're welcome.

Veritas
5/26/2009, 05:32 PM
I like silver. Never had a silver car, but I'd buy one.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 05:33 PM
White is the highest visibility for other drivers. It's the easiest to clean. It's the easiest to maintain/repaint.

You're welcome.

true

Veritas
5/26/2009, 05:34 PM
How about pearlescent white? Although I think that one might be only available to senior citizens.

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 05:45 PM
How about pearlescent white? Although I think that one might be only available to senior citizens.

It would give me an excuse to roll in a Town Car, (or at least a Grand Marquis)

yermom
5/26/2009, 05:48 PM
yellow.

YWIA

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 05:50 PM
yellow.

YWIANo car I am considering buy is available in that color.

yermom
5/26/2009, 05:53 PM
there's your problem then

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2009, 06:02 PM
I've never owned a vehicle that wasn't black

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 06:03 PM
Silver..

Rogue
5/26/2009, 06:09 PM
I usually don't care what color my car is and found it blew dealers' minds when I wouldn't get worked up when "someone is about to make an offer on the baby-shat green model." But I went with black on my truck this year and love it. Yeah, I've had black before and know all about how it shows everything, is too hot (and how's that a problem in Nebraska again when summer is like 2 months long?) and all that.

Silver is the hardest color to repaint after a fender bender...at least I've heard.

OK, I really got nothin'.

Black.

yermom
5/26/2009, 06:15 PM
i've had 3 yellow trucks, 5 blue sedans, 1 red coupe , 1 white truck

i only really chose the colors on the two blue Subarus though. yellow wasn't an option either time. with the first one it was a limited edition color that was sold out when i bought mine...

My Opinion Matters
5/26/2009, 06:31 PM

You're welcome.

White supremacist.

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 06:37 PM
I usually don't care what color my car is and found it blew dealers' minds when I wouldn't get worked up when "someone is about to make an offer on the baby-shat green model." But I went with black on my truck this year and love it. Yeah, I've had black before and know all about how it shows everything, is too hot (and how's that a problem in Nebraska again when summer is like 2 months long?) and all that.

Silver is the hardest color to repaint after a fender bender...at least I've heard.

OK, I really got nothin'.

Black.

It's pretty warm for at least three months every year, and I do typically leave work in the heat of the day.

OU-HSV
5/26/2009, 06:49 PM
So as I am wrapping up the processes of picking out a different ride. I'm having a hard time picking the right color. It seems they all have drawbacks. White is too soccer mom/rental car, black is too hot in the summer, the blue isn't dark enough, red is too cliche in Nebraska, and gray is too generic. I think I'll settle for blue or black, but I thought I'd solicit input to provide a change of pace from the usual circle jerks of late around here.

What kind of car is it (do you know yet)?
I've been looking at replacing my little 2 door saturn w/a Toyota Corolla. I'm waiting til my hours pick back up at my job though.
Anyways, they have a pretty slick looking Blue color that caught my eye.

Here's one that's the color I'm talking about.
http://jimnortontoyota.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=1495003

Seems like most of the vehicles I've owned were either green or white, so I'm looking for a color change my next car as well. I'm pretty sure I'll do a black or blue toyota corolla or camry. Unless I get a different job that's a closer drive, then I'll be getting a truck.

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 06:52 PM
What kind of car is it (do you know yet)?
I've been looking at replacing my little 2 door saturn w/a Toyota Corolla. I'm waiting til my hours pick back up at my job though.
Anyways, they have a pretty slick looking Blue color that caught my eye.

Here's one that's the color I'm talking about.
http://jimnortontoyota.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=1495003

Seems like most of the vehicles I've owned were either green or white, so I'm looking for a color change my next car as well. I'm pretty sure I'll do a black or blue toyota corolla or camry. Unless I get a different job that's a closer drive, then I'll be getting a truck.

I know, but I don't feel like starting a pissing match about what I might or might not be buying.

olevetonahill
5/26/2009, 06:56 PM
White and Black are the 2 hardest to keep clean lookin
Buy what pleases YOU

OU-HSV
5/26/2009, 06:56 PM
I know, but I don't feel like starting a pissing match about what I might or might not be buying.

Gotcha.

Well then I should've had a less specific reply,haha......

Blue. :D

yermom
5/26/2009, 07:09 PM

wuss.

trwxxa
5/26/2009, 07:37 PM
Redfire Metallic with a white roof!

royalfan5
5/26/2009, 07:44 PM
wuss.

I guess I'll cross Subaru off my list then.

bluedogok
5/26/2009, 08:46 PM
I was buying used, so it was kind of a "whatever was on the market" color, I had colors that I wouldn't consider but everything else is open. Blue is my favorite, my motorcycle is Sapphire Blue, my F-150 was metallic red. I was looking at a 2002 Corvette Convertibles, one in Quicksilver and the other in Magnetic Red, I ended up with a Sterling Gray BMW Z4 Roadster.

GottaHavePride
5/26/2009, 09:14 PM
I think mine is called granite sand pearl. Very dark metallic gray. Sort of obsidian-like. Verry nice.

sooner ngintunr
5/26/2009, 09:22 PM
Silver is clean for a car.

If it is a truck I'd go with black. I went with it on my last one, didn't go with it on my current truck and wish I would have.

yermom
5/26/2009, 09:37 PM
I guess I'll cross Subaru off my list then.

you could do a lot worse :D

OUAlumni1990
5/26/2009, 09:38 PM

It really just depends on what kind-of car it is, and the qaulity/shade of the paint. Silver does look good on just about anything, and is easy to keep clean. Black looks badass on some cars, but hard to keep clean and you can see scratches easier, hotter in the summer, etc. White looks killer on some cars, but makes others look kinda bland. Red is another that is a good choice, but seems to be a magnet for cops. It all just depends...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/26/2009, 10:11 PM
My truck is black with black leather interior...Im gonna burn this summer but I don't care

sooner ngintunr
5/26/2009, 10:15 PM
My truck is black with black leather interior...Im gonna burn this summer but I don't care

dang it!! The one that I miss was too, and I didn't care either. Thats what limo tint is for. The dealer had to find one with Black on Black for me. If only that one would have been a 4X4... sigh