PDA

View Full Version : California high court upholds gay marriage ban

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2009, 02:37 PM
Man this "sucks" if you support gay marriage. I mean the court just pretty much made you bend over and take it. If you wanted to get married in California you just royally took it to the chin. I guess to some people this really "blows". I guess alot of gays are going to pack their **** and get out of California in a lickady split.

Here's the article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gay_marriage

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 02:38 PM
finally that State got something right.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/26/2009, 02:39 PM
http://startswithabang.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

badger
5/26/2009, 02:50 PM
It is worth noting that they upheld the gay marriage ban but also upheld the 18,000 marriage licenses issues to same-sex couples before Proposition 8 passed. The court was not convinced that the proposition retroactively overturned the marriages that already took place.

The lesson: Make sure you word your propositions carefully.

I have seen and heard the hate long enough to grow apathetic on this issue. People on both sides have gone rage-like crazy. There's pics out there on the wire right now of them blocking busy streets in protest and putting signs and stuff on the Lincoln statue in front of the courthouse.

OhU1
5/26/2009, 02:51 PM
What kind of world do we live in where gay marriage is illegal in San Francisco and legal in Ames, Iowa? Seems a little *** backwards to me.

yermom
5/26/2009, 02:53 PM
that's a great question :D

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 02:57 PM
damn, that is a little odd.

Collier11
5/26/2009, 03:05 PM
California finally did something intelligent, holy moly

Okla-homey
5/26/2009, 03:10 PM
There is delicious irony in the fact the O-driven voter turn-out led to the passage of the Calee amendment de-legalizing ghey marriage.

You can't make stuf up like that.

CrimsonJim
5/26/2009, 03:11 PM
damn, that is a little odd.

Things that make you go hmmm....

JohnnyMack
5/26/2009, 04:33 PM
Governments shouldn't concern themselves with who marries who.

SanJoaquinSooner
5/26/2009, 04:34 PM
The biggest downer is not the gay marriage ban, it's that the constitution can be changed by a simple majority vote.

Veritas
5/26/2009, 04:56 PM
Governments shouldn't concern themselves with who marries who.
This.

Also, people freaking the **** out about the courts ruling...they're upholding what the people voted for. I don't want to hear about the Mormon agenda.

Collier11
5/26/2009, 04:58 PM
The biggest downer is not the gay marriage ban, it's that the constitution can be changed by a simple majority vote.

I dont see anyones liberties being taken away, marriage is for a man and a woman, has been

Veritas
5/26/2009, 04:59 PM
I should really just save the headaches and lock this bitch now. :rolleyes:

Collier11
5/26/2009, 05:00 PM
or if it bothers you so much just avoid it so we can continue to discuss...no one is being mean

Veritas
5/26/2009, 05:02 PM
or if it bothers you so much just avoid it so we can continue to discuss...no one is being mean
Oh. Doesn't bother me at all. These gay marriage threads just usually devolve into a poop-flinging match between LAS and RLIMC. That's all.

Collier11
5/26/2009, 05:03 PM
well lets enjoy it, we all know LAS has the really smelly poop so im sure he will win ;)

Scott D
5/26/2009, 05:14 PM
Oh. Doesn't bother me at all. These gay marriage threads just usually devolve into a poop-flinging match between LAS and RLIMC. That's all.

just give RLIMC some time, he's just now coming to grips with the fact that RL and Michael Moore have a thing on the down low.

And the OP from this thread...those puns were worse than a Stanley1 copycat thread.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 05:18 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

lol lol lol. that is really is the funniest thing I've heard all day.:D

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2009, 05:20 PM
And the OP from this thread...those puns were worse than a Stanley1 copycat thread.

So what's up your ***?

Ok, done with the puns. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
5/26/2009, 05:27 PM
This thread is gay.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 05:31 PM
This thread is gay.

well that is pretty bad of you. to call a thread gay about gays not getting their way... but support gays, but call a thread gay...

;)

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 05:31 PM
well that is pretty bad of you. to call a thread gay about gays not getting their way... but support gays, but call a thread gay...

;)

:gary:

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 05:34 PM
We both are good predictors.

Turd_Ferguson
5/26/2009, 05:42 PM
We both are good predicktors.fixed

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 05:53 PM
hahaha

SanJoaquinSooner
5/26/2009, 08:43 PM
I dont see anyones liberties being taken away, marriage is for a man and a woman, has been

My point was independent of the marriage issue.

Being able to change a constitution at the whim of 50%+1 is unwise.

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:04 PM
This has less than two years before it is overturned and a minority is no longer being denied their basic human rights to being treated equally under the law.

Old racists and bigots die...and things gradually work themselves out.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:11 PM
This has less than two years before it is overturned and a minority is no longer being denied their basic human rights to being treated equally under the law.

If it means so much to you, why don't your go out on the streets with the gays and protest with them?

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 09:11 PM

I am not so sure, it seems when this issue goes to a vote of the population the result is usually the same...whatever that means you can figure it out but that has certainly been the pattern...

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:14 PM
If it means so much to you, why don't your go out on the streets with the gays and protest with them?I have.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:16 PM
I have.

well say that upfront next time?

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 09:16 PM
I have.

surprise !!!

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2009, 09:17 PM
So...let me get this straight

IF you are opposed to gay marriage, you are a racist and a bigot?

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:18 PM
surprise !!!
Why would you be surprised that I would march for equality among all people? It's sort of WHAT THIS ****ING COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:18 PM
So...let me get this straight

IF you are opposed to gay marriage, you are a racist and a bigot?

according to him yes, its donkey liberal talk.

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2009, 09:19 PM
Well, I do know that he paints with a broad brush

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 09:19 PM
Why would you be surprised that I would march for equality among all people? It's sort of WHAT THIS ****ING COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON.

BAWHAHAHAHAHA, nice over reaction...wonder why ???

Sooner in Tampa
5/26/2009, 09:21 PM
BAWHAHAHAHAHA, nice over reaction...wonder why ???
ummm...it is LAS [hairGel]

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:23 PM

Actually....... the country was somewhat found on slavery... in some peoples opinions. ... so i guess everyone was not equal .

(not the i support any kind of slavery)

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:23 PM
If you feel that gay people shouldn't have the same rights under the law that straight people do then that is, by definition, discrimination and makes you a bigot.

Too simple for you to follow?

And please, don't quote Tampa. I've had his nonsensical and racist ramblings on ignore for a year now and lived quite happily without seeing them.

BAWHAHAHAHAHA, nice over reaction...wonder why ???:rolleyes: Because I'm GAY, right?

Or, maybe, because my sister is gay and I don't take kindly to ignorant bigots taking her rights away and treating her like a second class citizen when I know she has more class than 99% of the people I've ever met.

Or it could be because I'm TOTALLY gay. Whatever turns you on at night, Rus.

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:26 PM
Actually....... the country was somewhat found on slavery... in some peoples opinions. ... so i guess everyone was not equal .

(not the i support any kind of slavery)

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.Should I quote the whole damn thing?

also

liberty - 7 dictionary results

(http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=C6yf3z6QcSpO7HYaalQeii-nZAvXap33Lp8CuDb_umwoQAyCnkaERKAVQl7ePjAZgyb6Dh8ij kBnIAQGqBBlP0G_1DH6CgDNvvDgrjH8-DvEg0xmrhrCz&num=3&sig=AGiWqtwgcD8U2_psSlBO7yVVtatiHBPHTg&q=http://www.patriottree.com)lib⋅er⋅ty
 /ˈlɪbhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngərhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngti/ http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) Show Spelled Pronunciation (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/) [lib-er-tee] http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html) Show IPA (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/) –noun, plural -ties.
1. freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
2. freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
3. freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.
4. freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
5. permission granted to a sailor, esp. in the navy, to go ashore.
6. freedom or right to frequent or use a place: The visitors were given the liberty of the city.
7. unwarranted or impertinent freedom in action or speech, or a form or instance of it: to take liberties.
8. a female figure personifying freedom from despotism.
—Idiom

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:27 PM
Should I quote the whole damn thing?

well according to you the constitution is wrong. right?

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 09:27 PM
If you feel that gay people shouldn't have the same rights under the law that straight people do then that is, by definition, discrimination and makes you a bigot.

Too simple for you to follow?

And please, don't quote Tampa. I've had his nonsensical and racist ramblings on ignore for a year now and lived quite happily without seeing them.

:rolleyes: Because I'm GAY, right?

Or, maybe, because my sister is gay and I don't take kindly to ignorant bigots taking her rights away and treating her like a second class citizen when I know she has more class than 99% of the people I've ever met.

Or it could be because I'm TOTALLY gay. Whatever turns you on at night, Rus.

Total over reaction again...and trust me I don't need any lectures from you on history or constituitonal law...I support equal rights more than you can imagine, I just don''t wear it on my sleeve on a message board like a juvenile...

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:30 PM
well according to you the constitution is wrong. right?
The U.S. Constitution? Hardly.

The California Constitution is about to be reworked to make it require a 2/3 vote to amend it, just like the US Constitution.

Total over reaction again...and trust me I don't need any lectures from you on history or constituitonal law...I support equal rights more than you can imagine, I just don''t wear it on my sleeve on a message board like a juvenile...Right, Rus. You're like, totally grownsed up.

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 09:31 PM
The U.S. Constitution? Hardly.

The California Constitution is about to be reworked to make it require a 2/3 vote to amend it, just like the US Constitution.

It is difficult to get a 2/3 vote on anything...Oh, and thank you on stating the obvious about me...

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:31 PM
just saying, if gays are not getting their "rights" then the constitution is not correct?

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:34 PM
I have already stated that the Cali Constitution needs to be reworked.

And it will be. In the near future.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:36 PM
I have already stated that the Cali Constitution needs to be reworked.

And it will be. In the near future.

Now honest question. And I'm not being a jackass..

Is the main reason you support this proposition. Because of a loved one?

sooner ngintunr
5/26/2009, 09:38 PM
Liberty and Justice for all.

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 09:38 PM

Inquiring minds want to know..

OUAlumni1990
5/26/2009, 09:43 PM

At first I thought you said support prostitution. I was just about to go h3ll yeah, I'm all over that!! LOL ;)

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 09:46 PM

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u81/your_other_conscience/crickets.jpg

CK Sooner

Can we get an answer on this?

olevetonahill
I may be wrong . usually am :O
But the only ones who have a dog in this fight are Las an jaun
they live there.
Let them figure this out .

LosAngelesSooner
5/26/2009, 09:48 PM

Is the main reason you oppose this proposition. Because of a loved one?FIXED.
Now, to answer:
No. But that IS why I get quite passionate about it and riled up a little more easily than I would on other issues (admittedly).

But I support liberty, equality and freedom, as long as there is no victim, across the board. Period.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:48 PM
At first I thought you said support prostitution. I was just about to go h3ll yeah, I'm all over that!! LOL ;)

well hell,

why we are at it, according to these "constitutional rights"

lets go ahead and make prostitution in every state legal?

whats the difference honestly? i mean its your body? you should be able to do what u want with it? right?

(and i love the Constitution and the people who died for it, but they would be laughing in are faces b/c of all this change going on)

and 1990, I know what your saying -posse!

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2009, 09:49 PM
Alright I'll bite.

So what are your views on like...bigamy, polygamy, incest, adultery, prostitution, and bestiality? Different people get their kicks different ways. I actually know a married couple that like to bring in third parties. That's adultery if we go by the law. Do you think they're not being treated equally?

As for your quoting of Thomas Jefferson...cute. I mean all men were equal to him...except for the black women he kept as sex slaves but we'll ignore that.

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 09:49 PM
FIXED.
Now, to answer:
No. But that IS why I get quite passionate about it and riled up a little more easily than I would on other issues (admittedly).

But I support liberty, equality and freedom, as long as there is no victim, across the board. Period.

valid points. I'm not going to mess with peoples family (your sis)

sooner ngintunr
5/26/2009, 09:51 PM
nothing wrong with brothels.

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 09:51 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Lambezer/Gayguy.jpg

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:06 PM
LAS has left the house !!!

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 10:08 PM
LAS has left the house !!!

Matlock, ladies and gentlemen.....

Collier11
5/26/2009, 10:10 PM
I was thinking more like Angela Lansbury

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:12 PM
Matlock, ladies and gentlemen.....

Have you been hiding in the closet during this discussion ???

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2009, 10:13 PM
Alright I can play this game.

Yeah. Nothing is as funny as a group of people being denied their basic human rights to equality under the law.

Alright lets play this game.
Mormons. Don't several divisions of Mormonism say multiple wives are ok yet it's illegal to do so? How do you feel about them and their rights?

Also, incest, which can be as big as the gay community. Of all incoming college freshmen 1 in 10 have had sex with their sibling. How do you feel about gay incest? Brother marrying brother? Sister marrying sister? What about normal incest? Are we denying constitutional rights to a brother and sister if they want to marry or if a guy wants to marry his first cousin?
"But birth defects increase!"
The average birth defect rate is between .2 and .4% and that doubles to .4 to .8% if you were to marry a first cousin. If you marry a sister it's around .12 to .18 percent. Now here's the funny part, do you know there are several fertility drugs on the market that can cause birth defects in that percent range? There are also other drugs on the market that if people take it can **** up their kids. So we have legal drugs that can cause defects but we deny people who carry the same risk not to marry?

How about this, marriage between young people? What if a 15 year old wants to marry a 25 year old? The parents won't allow it so no good right? Aren't we denying basic rights if they love and care for each other?

Interesting that you take up for one group but deny others.

You quoted the constitution, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Well, some people have different ideas of happiness than others.

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 10:15 PM

http://www.lawokc.com/images/AT01.jpg
If you're not the poster child for the gay pride parade, I don't know who is....

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:15 PM

In LAS's closet.

:D

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:16 PM
Stalker alert !!!

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:16 PM
Stalker alert !!!

He blew it up into a poster and put it on his wall.

:P

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 10:18 PM
Stalker alert !!!

What ever do you mean? Bri hasn't logged on yet for you to stalk?

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:18 PM
Glad to provide that excitement to you KC....(not really)...

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:19 PM
Do you have a picture of me too!?

:mad:

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:19 PM
What ever do you mean? Bri hasn't logged on yet for you to stalk?

BRI is your secret lover...

Collier11
5/26/2009, 10:20 PM
who in their right mind would stalk Bri

sooner ngintunr
5/26/2009, 10:20 PM

Are you playing with yourself?:P

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 10:21 PM
who in their right mind would stalk Bri

Rus.

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:22 PM
Rus.

KC hoping I would join he and BRI in a threesome...no thanks....

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:24 PM
This is getting freakyyyy.

olevetonahill
5/26/2009, 10:25 PM
WEll this Gay thread sure turned Ghey :rolleyes:

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2009, 10:25 PM
KC hoping I would join he and BRI in a threesome...no thanks....

Nice frames by the way.....Did Palin pick those out for you?

Collier11
5/26/2009, 10:26 PM
lots of wierd man love going on behind the curtains, im going out the side door and not looking back

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:27 PM
No, I think it was the genius who picked your avatar...

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:28 PM

No personal blows, you homo.

Collier11
5/26/2009, 10:29 PM
I dont want to know about any personal blows going on between Rus, KC, and Bri

Soonerus
5/26/2009, 10:30 PM

Hey !!!

Collier11
5/26/2009, 10:32 PM
couldnt help it

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:51 PM

LAS does :D

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 10:51 PM
wow I'm drunk... Magic win.

MR2-Sooner86
5/26/2009, 10:52 PM
Are you playing with yourself?:P

I have youporn open, my glass of Mt. Dew, and some Cheetos in my lap.

It's gonna be a good night :D

Scott D
5/26/2009, 10:57 PM
or a very orange and sticky night.

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 10:57 PM
I have youporn open, my glass of Mt. Dew, and some Cheetos in my lap.

It's gonna be a good night :D

I have an obsession with Latinas.

Collier11
5/26/2009, 11:55 PM
or a very orange and sticky night.

That made me laugh and throw up a little...

And For my 8000th post I am responding to this sh*T? Whats wrong with me? :cool:

JLEW1818
5/26/2009, 11:56 PM
That made me laugh and throw up a little...

And For my 8000th post I am responding to this sh*T? Whats wrong with me? :cool:

because donks are worthless? :D

OU_Sooners75
5/27/2009, 01:09 AM
Doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

1. I do not live in California.
2. I am not gay.
3. I am not married.
4. I dont give a sh!t! either way.

Crucifax Autumn
5/27/2009, 03:11 AM
I'm with 75 here.

I just really don't care either way, but if I had to choose I'd say 100% let people lead their own lives and let's all worry about our own.

def_lazer_fc
5/27/2009, 03:28 AM
yeah, i really don't understand how gay marriage weakens traditional marriage. you make it what you want. and if people were really "concerned" with the sanctity of it all, they would start raising a fuss about the drive thru marriage places in vegas before they even began to think about the horrors of two people of the same sex loving each other.

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 05:37 AM

Alright lets play this game.
Mormons. Don't several divisions of Mormonism say multiple wives are ok yet it's illegal to do so? How do you feel about them and their rights?

Also, incest, which can be as big as the gay community. Of all incoming college freshmen 1 in 10 have had sex with their sibling. How do you feel about gay incest? Brother marrying brother? Sister marrying sister? What about normal incest? Are we denying constitutional rights to a brother and sister if they want to marry or if a guy wants to marry his first cousin?
"But birth defects increase!"
The average birth defect rate is between .2 and .4% and that doubles to .4 to .8% if you were to marry a first cousin. If you marry a sister it's around .12 to .18 percent. Now here's the funny part, do you know there are several fertility drugs on the market that can cause birth defects in that percent range? There are also other drugs on the market that if people take it can **** up their kids. So we have legal drugs that can cause defects but we deny people who carry the same risk not to marry?

How about this, marriage between young people? What if a 15 year old wants to marry a 25 year old? The parents won't allow it so no good right? Aren't we denying basic rights if they love and care for each other?

Interesting that you take up for one group but deny others.

You quoted the constitution, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Well, some people have different ideas of happiness than others.Show me where I denied ANY of those?

Sooner in Tampa
5/27/2009, 06:34 AM
Wow...just another LAS thread...painting with broad strokes, cutting and pasting information, and him making hollow claims against other posters.

It's no wonder he has been banned so many times. He is just such a joy to have around

OU_Sooners75
5/27/2009, 07:34 AM
yeah, i really don't understand how gay marriage weakens traditional marriage. you make it what you want. and if people were really "concerned" with the sanctity of it all, they would start raising a fuss about the drive thru marriage places in vegas before they even began to think about the horrors of two people of the same sex loving each other.

It is called religious wingnuts...or religious fascism.

I am not gay by any stretch of the imagination, but I dont think it is the governments job to define marriage.

All these religous nuts want the government to remember the Speration of Church and State when talking about prayer or Christmas.....

But they want the state to intervene in something like this?

Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too!

MrJimBeam
5/27/2009, 07:43 AM
I am not gay by any stretch of the imagination, but I dont think it is the governments job to define marriage.

Aren't gays and lesbians asking the state to define marriage? Aren't they asking the state to "legalize" gay marriage? It seems to me that the "religious wingnuts" are asking the government to stay out of 5000 years of tradition and law.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 08:54 AM
^^^ This

I am far from a fanatic or a religious wingnut, I am a moderate Christian and I dont think marriage should be between two people of the same sex. Yes, it is a big deal to me with the definition, I dont have any issue with them getting the same rights and benefits, I just dont want it called marriage.

I dont hold any ill will towards those who choose to be gay, I do not hate them, in fact my uncle is gay and I love the guy, he is cool as hell. I imagine if we got in this discussion he would be pissed at me. Thats just the way it is.

OklahomaTuba
5/27/2009, 09:37 AM
Here's an idear, civil unions.

YWIA.

SoonerAtKU
5/27/2009, 10:05 AM
Of all incoming college freshmen 1 in 10 have had sex with their sibling.

I cannot believe that this has not been mentioned. What the ****?

This is not a statistic, is it?

This cannot be a real thing.

badger
5/27/2009, 10:10 AM
http://cagle.com/news/MissCalifornia09/images/lester.jpg

Vaevictis
5/27/2009, 10:25 AM
I cannot believe that this has not been mentioned. What the ****?

This is not a statistic, is it?

This cannot be a real thing.

The poll was taken at the University of Arkansas.

Scott D
5/27/2009, 10:27 AM
The poll was taken at the University of Arkansas.

impossible. it would have said 7 of 10 at minimum.

SoonerAtKU
5/27/2009, 10:50 AM
I was going to make the requisite "SEC-SEC-SEC" joke, but I was honestly too confused.

47straight
5/27/2009, 11:06 AM
There is delicious irony in the fact the O-driven voter turn-out led to the passage of the Calee amendment de-legalizing ghey marriage.

You can't make stuf up like that.

This.

olevetonahill
5/27/2009, 11:10 AM
impossible. it would have said 7 of 10 at minimum.

Cause the other 3 were Only children ?

BarryBnds
5/27/2009, 11:12 AM
It is called religious wingnuts...or religious fascism.

All these religous nuts want the government to remember the Speration of Church and State when talking about prayer or Christmas.....

Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too!

Me thinketh he prosteteth too much.

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 02:31 PM
You guys realize that calling someone "gay" who doesn't believe that there is anything wrong with being gay ISN'T an insult? It's the same as calling them "red" or "wall" or "brick."

Is it an inaccurate description? Yes. Is it an insult? Hardly.

Here's an idear, civil unions.

YWIA.Hey! "Separate but Equal!!!" That's worked before...and it's not discrimination at alllllllll.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 02:34 PM
Rinse, Repeat, Rinse, Repeat, if we didnt care what you said the first time why keep repeating?

yermom
5/27/2009, 02:40 PM
You guys realize that calling someone "gay" who doesn't believe that there is anything wrong with being gay ISN'T an insult? It's the same as calling them "red" or "wall" or "brick."

Is it an inaccurate description? Yes. Is it an insult? Hardly.

Hey! "Separate but Equal!!!" That's worked before...and it's not discrimination at alllllllll.

i think straight people should have civil unions too, make them all civil unions

let the churches sort our what they are going to bless and call "marriage" on their own

Scott D
5/27/2009, 03:00 PM
I said it once, I said it 150 times, and I'll say it again.

Marriage quit being a "sanctified institution" once governments figured they could make a buck or three on them. It's like having auto insurance, sure your record is clean, but you're still paying a price for demographic nonsense.

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 03:04 PM
i think straight people should have civil unions too, make them all civil unions

let the churches sort our what they are going to bless and call "marriage" on their ownI'm all for that, as long as it is equal across the board.

Then I can laugh and watch the "Christian's" heads essplode while they cry out, "THAT'S OUR WORD!!!!" when a gay couple comes by and says, "We're married."

I said it once, I said it 150 times, and I'll say it again.

Marriage quit being a "sanctified institution" once governments figured they could make a buck or three on them. It's like having auto insurance, sure your record is clean, but you're still paying a price for demographic nonsense.I agree completely.
Shoot, I think it's humorous when people talk about "Traditional marriage." You know...that thing that's barely 100 years old and is an imaginary concept that was created in Western Civilization. The one that had "Happy Housewives" on meth in the 50's. THAT thing...

'Cause if you ACTUALLY look back on the history of marriage...one man and one woman joined by love...is most assuredly AIN'T.

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2009, 03:14 PM
I'm all for that, as long as it is equal across the board.

Then I can laugh and watch the "Christian's" heads essplode while they cry out, "THAT'S OUR WORD!!!!" when a gay couple comes by and says, "We're married."

I agree completely.
Shoot, I think it's humorous when people talk about "Traditional marriage." You know...that thing that's barely 100 years old and is an imaginary concept that was created in Western Civilization. The one that had "Happy Housewives" on meth in the 50's. THAT thing...

'Cause if you ACTUALLY look back on the history of marriage...one man and one woman joined by love...is most assuredly AIN'T.your a funny little, uh...man. Your so caught up in what other people think that you've become a huge *******.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 03:15 PM
Know what facts you are spouting off before you spout them off because yours arent even close to be true.

Marriage has been around for thousands of years, it became more traditional early last century depending on your def of traditional.

You could also look to the Marriage Act of 1753 and in 1837 when civil marriages became common alternative in Europe as opposed to church marriages

Scott D
5/27/2009, 03:18 PM
so according to Collier we have the English to blame for this nonsense. That's not really a shocker ;)

Collier11
5/27/2009, 03:19 PM
Dont we blame them for alot of sh*t? We should...

SanJoaquinSooner
5/27/2009, 03:27 PM
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/05/27/07/849-Gay_Marriage_Federal.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

A strange-bedfellows duo of top constitutional lawyers said today they are challenging the legal validity of Proposition 8, the November 2008 ballot measure that prohibited same-sex marriages in California.

Speaking at a Los Angeles press conference, attorneys Theodore B. Olson and David Boies said they had filed a suit in federal court on behalf of two gay California couples, and would seek an injunction to stay the law while arguing it is a violation of the equal-protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Olson, a former U.S. solicitor general, represented former President George W. Bush in Bush v. Gore, which decided the 2000 presidential election. Boies represented Bush's Democratic challenger, Al Gore.

The case "is not about liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican," said Olson. "This case is about the equal rights guaranteed to every American under the United States Constitution

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1895922.h

Collier11
5/27/2009, 03:32 PM
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2009/05/27/07/849-Gay_Marriage_Federal.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

A strange-bedfellows duo of top constitutional lawyers said today they are challenging the legal validity of Proposition 8, the November 2008 ballot measure that prohibited same-sex marriages in California.

Speaking at a Los Angeles press conference, attorneys Theodore B. Olson and David Boies said they had filed a suit in federal court on behalf of two gay California couples, and would seek an injunction to stay the law while arguing it is a violation of the equal-protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Olson, a former U.S. solicitor general, represented former President George W. Bush in Bush v. Gore, which decided the 2000 presidential election. Boies represented Bush's Democratic challenger, Al Gore.

The case "is not about liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican," said Olson. "This case is about the equal rights guaranteed to every American under the United States Constitution

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1895922.h

BFD!

NYC Poke
5/27/2009, 03:34 PM
so according to Collier we have the English to blame for this nonsense. That's not really a shocker ;)

They meddled with marriage and they meddled with the Middle East and produced similar results.

CK Sooner
5/27/2009, 03:34 PM
BFD!

No clue.

CK Sooner
5/27/2009, 03:35 PM
nvm

KC//CRIMSON
5/27/2009, 03:35 PM

let the churches sort our what they are going to bless and call "marriage" on their own

Now that is a good idea.

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 03:44 PM
your a funny little, uh...man. Your so caught up in what other people think that you've become a huge *******.Ah...I love it when someone completely disregards board rules and launches into full on personal attacks. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 03:46 PM
Yep. 100 years of "Traditional Marriage!"

We MUST PROTECT IT from the coming STOOOORRRRRMMMM!!!!!!!

LMAO

Collier11
5/27/2009, 03:48 PM
Ah...I love it when someone completely disregards board rules and launches into full on personal attacks. :rolleyes:

pot meet SUPER BLACK KETTLE...must you whine about everything? Do you always have to bring attention to the situation everytime someone is a big meany to poor LAS on a msg board. Get over yourself, no one cares. If your feelings get hurt that bad maybe you shouldnt post here

Fraggle145
5/27/2009, 03:58 PM

In.

CK Sooner
5/27/2009, 03:59 PM
Ah...I love it when someone completely disregards board rules and launches into full on personal attacks. :rolleyes:

Would you like some cheese with that wine?

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2009, 04:04 PM
Ah...I love it when someone completely disregards board rules and launches into full on personal attacks. :rolleyes:heh....I got carded for calling you a * :D:D:D. You asterisk you

yermom
5/27/2009, 04:10 PM
Know what facts you are spouting off before you spout them off because yours arent even close to be true.

Marriage has been around for thousands of years, it became more traditional early last century depending on your def of traditional.

You could also look to the Marriage Act of 1753 and in 1837 when civil marriages became common alternative in Europe as opposed to church marriages

this country is only a couple hundred years old. once you get outside of Christianity or this country all bets are kinda off. even the Old Testament is pretty well covered in polygamy

Collier11
5/27/2009, 04:39 PM
thats why I said it depends on how you want to define it...marriage as an entity that joins a man and a woman has been around forever

yermom
5/27/2009, 04:53 PM
or a man and 9 women, or a woman and 9 men, or...

Collier11
5/27/2009, 05:06 PM
there are plenty of examples of traditional marriage throughout time, you can pick and choose what you wish but the point is valid on my end

yermom
5/27/2009, 05:11 PM
just because there are examples doesn't mean that Christianity has a monopoly on morality or the definition of "marriage"

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2009, 05:15 PM
just because there are examples doesn't mean that Christianity has a monopoly on morality or the definition of "marriage"because why?

soonerhubs
5/27/2009, 05:19 PM
I'm steering clear of the strong language, but in light of this debate and the way in which this amendment passed. Is California running as a democracy or a republic? http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/ Now I'm definitely not saying Wimp is the authority on government, but based on the ideas suggested in this video, I'd say California may have gotten this wrong.

Again, I'm not saying what I'm for or against here. I have my personal convictions as much as the next person, but I think this merits some considering and some civil discussion.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 05:19 PM
has nothing to with Christianity even though our country claims to be 85% Christian, it has to do with what has always defined traditional marriage

yermom
5/27/2009, 05:22 PM
who's tradition?

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2009, 05:25 PM
who's tradition?Our Founding Father's.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 05:27 PM
just arguing doesnt prove your point, I could name 100 different institutions that define marriage that way and you would ask for 100 more

Scott D
5/27/2009, 05:28 PM
who's tradition?

Christianity is the wrong tree to be barking up when there are other non christian religions whom share that view on marriage.

soonerhubs
5/27/2009, 05:40 PM
who's tradition?

Did anyone else hear Fiddler on the Roof in their head when they read this? :O

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 05:53 PM
Our Founding Father's.You do know that most of our Founding Fathers weren't Christian, don't you? :pop:

Vaevictis
5/27/2009, 06:06 PM
Well, I don't know about "most", really. But some of the more prominent ones are known to have been Deists, others suspected, and others known Christians.

What you can say is that it's certainly muddier than those who claim that "THIS NATION IS A CHRISTIAN NATION" would have you believe.

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2009, 06:23 PM
You do know that most of our Founding Fathers weren't Christian, don't you? :pop:No, I didn't. Please LAS, explain it to me. I can't wait.

JLEW1818
5/27/2009, 11:06 PM
You do know that most of our Founding Fathers weren't Christian, don't you? :pop:

who is the last president of the United States, that was not a christian? Probably goes pretty far back.

even your lover Obama, is a christian.

LosAngelesSooner
5/27/2009, 11:22 PM
Ah. He's my "lover" now. LOL

JLEW1818
5/27/2009, 11:25 PM
Ah. He's my "lover" now. LOL

I thought u were a big fan of his?

CK Sooner
5/27/2009, 11:29 PM
I thought u were a big fan of his?

Crucifax Autumn
5/28/2009, 12:09 AM
I just find it amazing that during the 70s 2 of the biggest bands were Queen and the Village people and now 39 years later we really give a crap.

I have so much more important crap to worry about than whether Ellen decides to marry Jodie Foster. I mean ****, at least she ain't shooting presidents to get her attention!

Crucifax Autumn
5/28/2009, 01:04 AM
even your lover Obama, is a christian.

But...But.....

All them e-mails what got forwarded to me said he's a muslim!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Collier11
5/28/2009, 01:11 AM
the anti-christ to be exact

Crucifax Autumn
5/28/2009, 01:13 AM
So he's hiding a proctor and gamble symbol under his towel????

Someone call Falwell!

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 02:04 AM
Aren't gays and lesbians asking the state to define marriage? Aren't they asking the state to "legalize" gay marriage? It seems to me that the "religious wingnuts" are asking the government to stay out of 5000 years of tradition and law.

Yes..and marriage can be talked about without bringing religion into the mix.

I am not an advocate of same sex marriage...but the largest group that oppose such a thing is religious sects in this country.

That said, when they are debating this topic in government, they should not refer to their beliefs, simpley because of the fact not everyone believes in the same things.

From my perspective, a marriage should be between two people that are committed to each other...if that is between same sexes, then so be it.

All they want it to be able to have the same rights as heterosexual couples have....insurance being the biggest issue. And why can't they have that?

Because a person cannot put a unmarried partner on their insurance.

If the government does not want to make same sex marriage legal...then at least allow them the same rights to insurance and the like as legally married or even common law married couple have.

Now then, what pisses me off about this entire situation is the fact that USD in Cali decided to make it mandatory to teach kids, starting in Kindergarten about same sex marriages and gays and lesbians!

That IMHO is going way to far...that is pushing a culture, a culture that is in the minority, onto the beliefs of the marjority...and it is not about religion!

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 02:06 AM
Me thinketh he prosteteth too much.

I thinketh you have nothing to provideth unto this conversation.

Crucifax Autumn
5/28/2009, 02:15 AM
This argument is still silly...straight marriage sucks and we should share! lmao

Collier11
5/28/2009, 08:53 AM
If the government does not want to make same sex marriage legal...then at least allow them the same rights to insurance and the like as legally married or even common law married couple have.

Now then, what pisses me off about this entire situation is the fact that USD in Cali decided to make it mandatory to teach kids, starting in Kindergarten about same sex marriages and gays and lesbians!

That IMHO is going way to far...that is pushing a culture, a culture that is in the minority, onto the beliefs of the marjority...and it is not about religion!

^^^This, I hole heartedly agree with both points

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 11:54 AM
Did you know Peter North started off doing Gay porn?

hehehe

Collier11
5/28/2009, 12:19 PM
and how would you know ya big fruitcake

KC//CRIMSON
5/28/2009, 12:21 PM
Did you know Peter North and I started off doing Gay porn?

This explains so much......

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 12:22 PM
and how would you know ya big fruitcake

Let’s just say I accidently found it one day…….and now he is no longer my hero......:( :(

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 12:23 PM
LMAO!..where Peter put it, it was no accident

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 12:23 PM
This explains so much......

hahaha. u bastard!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 12:24 PM
that **** was funny

Collier11
5/28/2009, 12:26 PM
funny as colon cancer

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 12:27 PM
did Pete North give it to JLEW?

Collier11
5/28/2009, 12:28 PM
now that was funny

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 12:30 PM
Peter North was the socket, from what i read... I did not watch tho!!!!

I'm more the brazzers type guy. i use to have a password. best site ever.

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 12:41 PM
speaking of gay....

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/pryor_mccoy.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
5/28/2009, 12:51 PM
I thought u were a big fan of his?Lord! Have you actually READ any of the stuff I've written in the past 9 months?!

I was walking around here endorsing McCain in almost every other post during the election. Just because I'm one for reason and giving Obama a chance instead of looking for a Muslim conspiracy under every rock and parroting Rush Limbaugh's desire for Obama to FAIL doesn't mean that I LOVE the guy. :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
5/28/2009, 12:53 PM
Lord! Have you actually READ any of the stuff I've written in the past 9 months?!

I was walking around here endorsing McCain in almost every other post during the election. Just because I'm one for reason and giving Obama a chance instead of looking for a Muslim conspiracy under every rock and parroting Rush Limbaugh's desire for Obama to FAIL doesn't mean that I LOVE the guy. :rolleyes:

you know that pic above is funny

LosAngelesSooner
5/28/2009, 12:55 PM
It's funnier if you hum "I Had the Time of My Life" under your breath while you look at it. :D

AggieTool
5/28/2009, 12:56 PM
...revolve around bigotry, ignorance, or superstition?:confused:

I'm no fan of it myself, but I really don't see the difference between that and opposition interracial marriage.:confused:

Red spek begin!:D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 01:10 PM
It's funnier if you hum "I Had the Time of My Life" under your breath while you look at it. :D

thats funny..I was trying to figure out which one was gonna do the lift

Turd_Ferguson
5/28/2009, 01:18 PM
Nobody sticks baby in the corner.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2009, 01:22 PM
Hungry eyes!

Collier11
5/28/2009, 01:27 PM
Pop, Pop that *****, pop pop that *****!