PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning...A Legendary Actor is Born

Okla-homey
5/26/2009, 06:54 AM
May 26, 1907: John Wayne's birthday

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4717/john20wayne20cowboy20po.jpg

102 years ago today, Western hero John Wayne is born on this day in Winterset, Iowa, and christened Marion Michael Morrison.

As a child, friends nicknamed the boy Duke, and he went on to play his earliest film roles under the name Duke Morrison. Wayne worked at Fox Film Corp. as a laborer in the late 1920s and began appearing in bit parts in 1928.

Throughout the 1930s, he starred in mediocre westerns, sometimes filming as many as two a week. Wayne's breakthrough came in 1939, when his friend John Ford cast him in Stagecoach.

Wayne went on to play larger-than-life heroes in countless movies, appearing in 250 films during four decades of acting. In 1969, he won an Oscar for his role in True Grit. He died from cancer in 1979.

picasso
5/26/2009, 08:24 AM
his walking motion was fake.

plus, he's not gonna hit ya Pilgrim.

XingTheRubicon
5/26/2009, 11:00 AM
Goodbye, Nola, and I hope that nail-sellin' bastard makes you happy this time

XingTheRubicon
5/26/2009, 11:05 AM
[Rooster confronts the four outlaws across the field]
Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.

TUSooner
5/26/2009, 04:04 PM
When I think of John Wayne, I first think of many Saturday or Sunday afternoons when my boyhood friends and I would start wondering what to do later in the evening. Whenever somebody said, "There's a John Wayne movie on TV" the only decision left to make would be to decide at whose house we would watch it. Them was good times!

BudSooner
5/26/2009, 04:44 PM
Goodbye, Nola, and I hope that nail-sellin' bastard makes you happy this time

Ray Nagin??????:confused: