PDA

View Full Version : Repost from the past (and another board)

Jacie
5/25/2009, 06:48 PM
While transferring files from floppy disks to an external hard drive I ran across a very long post I'd saved from 10 years ago (hard to believe I've been reading Sooner boards that long!). Anyway, the title of said post is:

The History of Sooner Football 1988-Present

At the time, the present was in the summer of 1999. Try to remember what you were feeling about OUr team then. It had been a long 10 years for Sooner fans and Oklahoma had just hired the fourth head coach since the end of the Barry Switzer era. What follows is a year-by-year, game-by-game replay of those 10 years. If all you know about them are the team and season records, the names of a few of the players and individual game results, you really don't know much at all. Them was turbulent times and revisiting them is both thrilling and painful but at the same time, whether this will only serve to rekindle old memories or introduce you to events for the first time, it will help to put the current shape of OUr program into perspective in a big way.

The person who posted this is an admin and a legend on another popular Sooner board. His in-depth analyses are, well, in this case worth reposting after 10 years. I'll put em up one season at a time since the Word file I copied this to is over 30 pages long. I'll put each season into it's own thread with the year in the title. The first will be for 1988.

tigepilot
5/25/2009, 11:41 PM
While I was a student at OU (and buying the student season tickets), I got to see Gibbs, Schnelenburger, and Blake. There are some great stories in there that I remember quite well but all in all those were some painful times for OU football.

snp
5/26/2009, 12:07 AM
People were doing the "OUr" thing back in 1998? Crap, I guess that'll never die.