PDA

View Full Version : Yes Man!

jumperstop
5/25/2009, 02:12 AM
So I don't know if this has been brought up before, so sorry if this is old news. But I was watching the movie 'Yes Man' tonight and at one point during the movie he goes to Lincoln, Nebraska. While there he goes to a NU football game vs OU. Just thought I would share this if yall hadn't seen it, pretty funny movie as well.

JLEW1818
5/25/2009, 02:24 AM
So I don't know if this has been brought up before, so sorry if this is old news. But I was watching the movie 'Yes Man' tonight and at one point during the movie he goes to Lincoln, Nebraska. While there he goes to a NU football game vs OU. Just thought I would share this if yall hadn't seen it, pretty funny movie as well.

yep. good ****! funny movie... it's not a dumb and dumber type, but still funny.

SoonerShark
5/25/2009, 12:07 PM

Does it show the game or does it merely mention the game? If he attends, what year's team footage is showed?

goingoneight
5/25/2009, 12:09 PM
Jim Carrey is almost always worth watching.

And did you know that the game Yes Man filmed in Lincoln was actually versus Oklahoma STATE? Yeah, the worst loss in NU home history handed to Ole HillBilly Calahan? Ole HillBilly makes his appearance rolling out of the tunnel.

Seamus
5/25/2009, 12:11 PM
Jim Carrey is almost always worth watching.

:eek:

SoonerShark
5/25/2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1068680/goofs

Goofs for Yes Man (2008)

Factual errors: In the Nebraska football game scene the game was between the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the Oklahoma State University Cowboys. The scroll on the TV screen said, "Nebraska vs OU". It should have read "Nebraska vs OSU"

It is an accident probably since OU is better known. OSU nationally is Ohio State. Even in nearby New Mexico, a sports radio station was talking about OSU...Ohio State.

BoomerJ
5/25/2009, 06:46 PM
Jim Carrey's best friend in the movie says something like "$20 says Oklahoma wins". I noticed Mr. Throatslasher coming out of the tunnel.

Lucky4
5/26/2009, 11:13 AM
Jim Carrey's best friend in the movie says something like "$20 says Oklahoma wins". I noticed Mr. Throatslasher coming out of the tunnel.

I think the line is actually "$20 says Oklahoma kills 'em." :D

jumperstop
5/26/2009, 02:52 PM
I think the line is actually "$20 says Oklahoma kills 'em." :D

I'll go ahead and also make that bet for when we go up to Lincoln and kill 'em next year. Already did it on our own turf. ;)

goingoneight
5/26/2009, 07:20 PM
That game against Nebraska last year was when I decided we were a cut above the 2007 squad. Nebraska wasn't a bad team, and Imissed the first five minutes of the game, come back to my apartment and we're up like 35-0.

I wasn't sure what to think of the defense, but at this point I was leaning more toward they just had some growing up to do on the run without Reynolds.

CK Sooner
5/26/2009, 07:26 PM
I saw it and said to myself wait a second, didn't we play them at home?

:D

BoomerJ
5/27/2009, 01:04 PM
Lucky4, I think you're right. That game last year has got to be the greatest first 10 minutes of football I have ever seen. JMHO.

Lucky4
5/27/2009, 05:09 PM
Lucky4, I think you're right.

Yeah I rewound it about 15 times. I love it when OU and/or Oklahoma in general gets props in any way. :)

OUmillenium
5/28/2009, 08:33 AM
The only bad part was that it was Bo Pellini on the other sideline. How awesome would it have been to witness Callahan get that beatdown!!!!!!!

boomermagic
5/29/2009, 11:34 AM
Barry sure beat hell out of them when he was the head coach.. Dr. Tom couldn't get it done until Barry retired..