PDA

View Full Version : Billboards

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 08:47 PM
OK, search keeps blowing up on me. Have y'all addressed the ugly orange bill boards that have a bunch of nonsense words rhyming with "ate?" They are way too common in OKC; I don't know if they are plaguing the rest of the state.

JLEW1818
5/21/2009, 09:01 PM
horns

BudSooner
5/21/2009, 09:18 PM
"A peach is a fruit covered in fuzz, a man is no peach and never was......

BURMA SHAVE!"

Turd_Ferguson
5/21/2009, 09:29 PM
I remember when I was a kid, while driving into a town, there would be signs on fence post about every hunner'd yards or so. Each sign would make up a rhyme like that. I think it was Burma Shave. I may be wrong. I may be drunk. I may be both.

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 09:40 PM
Yes, you're thinking of Burma Shave.

I'm not sure I remember right, but the bulletin boards I'm thinking about go something like:

Instigate, Agitate, Irritate. D'Oh! State

bluedogok
5/21/2009, 09:42 PM
It was Burma Shave, there is a restaurant down here called Catfish Parlor that has a bunch of them. When we went up to OKC in April we took US-281 up, there are a few of them in place on the fence rows between here and there.

Okla-homey
5/23/2009, 08:40 AM
In Tulsa, over the Greyhound bus station parking lot, they have a big orange monstrosity sporting Pistol Pete proclaiming "The State's University." I guess they figure people who travel by bus are their target demographic.

OklaPony
5/23/2009, 11:17 AM
The "Burma Shave" thing makes me think of "The World's Fastest Indian". Great flick, that one.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2009, 11:35 AM
In Tulsa, over the Greyhound bus station parking lot, they have a big orange monstrosity sporting Pistol Pete proclaiming "The State's University." I guess they figure people who travel by cattle car are their target demographic.

Fixed

bluedogok
5/23/2009, 01:51 PM
The "Burma Shave" thing makes me think of "The World's Fastest Indian". Great flick, that one.
Yes it is.....

John Kochtoston
5/23/2009, 01:56 PM
In Tulsa, over the Greyhound bus station parking lot, they have a big orange monstrosity sporting Pistol Pete proclaiming "The State's University." I guess they figure people who solicit spare change are their target demographic.

Fixed again.