PDA

View Full Version : SPEED!

soonerfan28
5/21/2009, 11:36 AM
It is the offseason and boredom is never hard to find so I thought I would start a thread about some prospects that have great speed. I think we can all agree that HS coaches fib some about kids speed, so the times I've found are based on combines from across the country.

Chad Hagan RB 6-0 207 4.29 Pittsburgh Combine
No Offers

Damiere Byrd WR 5-9 151 4.30 Baltimore Combine
No Offers

Shyquawn Pullium WR 6-1 169 4.31 Pittsburgh Combine
No Offers

Reggie Whatley RB 5-7 152 4.31 Atlanta Combine
No offers

Josh Furman S 6-2 187 4.36 Baltimore Combine
OU,Duke,Maryland,Mich,UNC,Pitt,VaTech

OJ Ross WR 5-10 176 4.36 Orlando Combine
Ark,Mich,OleMiss,TexTch,WestVa

Brandon Felder WR 5-10 162 4.37 Baltimore Combine
BC,Buffalo,Pitt,Toledo

Doran Grant CB 5-10 169 4.37 Pittsburgh Combine
No Offers

Brandon Ifill S 5-11 176 4.38 Pittsburgh Combine
Conn,Maryland,Mich,Pitt,Pur,Rut.WV

Ndubisi Ezekoye WR 5-11 172 4.39 Baltimore Combine
Air Force, Navy

Johnavon Fulton CB 6-0 175 4.39 Charlotte Combine
Bama,UF,Georgia,Mich,SCar,Tenn,VaTech

Antonio Hebert WR 5-8 149 4.39 New Orleans Combine
No Offers

Don't know how these combines are ran, but If these times are legit then how does someone w/Hagans size and speed not get any offers?

goingoneight
5/21/2009, 01:41 PM
Those change drastically when they get into strength and conditioning.

SoonerFah
5/21/2009, 09:04 PM
Speed is a great thing, but one must know how to use it. It does no good to run a 4.3 40 if you run the wrong way. Then you are just being further away from the play.

I'll take the guy who may be a step slower, but smart enough to make plays.

starclassic tama
5/23/2009, 08:22 PM
i still don't trust those numbers. they were ran at combines designed to hype up high school players. the only 40 time i will ever trust is the NFL combine

OU_Sooners75
5/24/2009, 12:40 AM
i still don't trust those numbers. they were ran at combines designed to hype up high school players. the only 40 time i will ever trust is the NFL combine

Yeah, cuz god knows the NFL combine 40 times help in recruiting the players out of high school.

:rolleyes:

starclassic tama
5/24/2009, 01:00 AM
never implied anything about the NFL combine helpin to recruit players out of high school. you must really be bored to follow all of my posts and try to make reaches like this. my point is simply that 40 times are always inflated until a player makes it to the NFL combine in which their real speed is exposed.

OU_Sooners75
5/24/2009, 10:32 PM
never implied anything about the NFL combine helpin to recruit players out of high school. you must really be bored to follow all of my posts and try to make reaches like this. my point is simply that 40 times are always inflated until a player makes it to the NFL combine in which their real speed is exposed.

First off starrypimple...If I was following you around, I would have posted after all the drivel you have posted. Not the case son.

Second of all, You are the moron trying to bring the NFL combine into a recruiting board. The NFL Times are jsut as inflated as the other BS.

And I would believe those high school combines over any individuals high school coach any day!

goingoneight
5/25/2009, 11:57 AM
Actually, OUS75... you're right and a bit wrong there.

Right: NFL combine grading doesn't help out college recruiting (unless you're putting like 10 guys in the draft, then coaches might pump their chest on a recruiting trip about it).

Not-so-right: The NFL times are not inflated. The NFL franchises don't care if your name is Fumbles StOskie McScrambles... they are looking at every aspect of what makes you an intriguing prospect. They're paying out millions to college kids and they measure you very strictly. 40 times are VERY important come draft time. See: Heyward-Bey vs Percy Harvin. There were actually people last year thinking that Darren McFadden was going to be better than AD because of track speed.

IMO, an NFL combine should be treated like what it is... the most important physical, test or workout you've ever had. You hear it every year where a "speed demon" loses ground in the draft because of a few graduation brewskis he decided to kick back.

starclassic tama
5/25/2009, 01:02 PM
if you read my post and thought i implied that we should use the NFL combine to rate players still in high school, you just ain't all that bright. and just a big LOL at NFL combine numbers being BS.

OU_Sooners75
5/26/2009, 05:35 AM
Actually, OUS75... you're right and a bit wrong there.

Right: NFL combine grading doesn't help out college recruiting (unless you're putting like 10 guys in the draft, then coaches might pump their chest on a recruiting trip about it).

Not-so-right: The NFL times are not inflated. The NFL franchises don't care if your name is Fumbles StOskie McScrambles... they are looking at every aspect of what makes you an intriguing prospect. They're paying out millions to college kids and they measure you very strictly. 40 times are VERY important come draft time. See: Heyward-Bey vs Percy Harvin. There were actually people last year thinking that Darren McFadden was going to be better than AD because of track speed.

IMO, an NFL combine should be treated like what it is... the most important physical, test or workout you've ever had. You hear it every year where a "speed demon" loses ground in the draft because of a few graduation brewskis he decided to kick back.

Lets put it this way...

I am not sure if any of you have been to some of these pro camps...high school combines or whatever....but they use the same damn equipment in forty times as the NFL.

So to say one is inflated is to say the other is inflated.

But you are correct...the NFL does not give a rats *** who are you are...so they will not cheat the numbers say like a High School coach will.

OU_Sooners75
5/26/2009, 05:37 AM
if you read my post and thought i implied that we should use the NFL combine to rate players still in high school, you just ain't all that bright. and just a big LOL at NFL combine numbers being BS.

It is obvious you are too ****ing retarded to put two and two together.

You are the moron that came to the recruiting forum spouting off about the NFL....it has nothing to do with this forum....hence my post...so either stop acting stupid...or go back to class.

picasso
5/26/2009, 05:32 PM
those 4.3 numbers are complete bs.

starclassic tama
5/27/2009, 04:15 PM
i said the only 40 times you can trust are the ones ran at the NFL combine. should be fairly easy to understand 75. but keep on spouting off about being a moron and dropping f bombs, no wonder you got injured at norfolk state, your posts are pretty indicitave of roid-rage

GottaHavePride
5/27/2009, 08:09 PM
Chill.

75, he could have said the only track times he'd trust are at an NHRA event and his point would have been the same. All he was implying is that high school combines inflate (or technically, in this case, DEflate) stats to make kids look better.

OU_Sooners75
5/28/2009, 07:38 AM
Chill.

75, he could have said the only track times he'd trust are at an NHRA event and his point would have been the same. All he was implying is that high school combines inflate (or technically, in this case, DEflate) stats to make kids look better.

GHP...you are correct, he could have...

Fact is, he didnt....and fact is...we all know that high school coaches inflate stats.

That said, not all of us know that high school combines, i.e. nike camps...do not inflate those stats. Those camp promoters have nothing to gain by doing so...nor do the college coaches that may help in those camps.

And like I said, those high school combines use the same exact instruments that the NFL does when determining times and what not...they are not old school stop watches.

And if anyone think they use those old stop watches, then they have never participated or coached those types of camps/combines!