PDA

View Full Version : Patience...

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 09:44 AM
please give me some.

It's time for our annual Memo Day trek to my baby bro's house in Witchestittay. I get to spend three days being subjected to the cacophony and chaos that is life with four children between the ages of 12 and two.

Fortunately, Mrs. Homey understands and will drive Friday so I can have buzz on board before we arrive. Also, Mods be warned, there's liable to be some posting while drunk going on this weekend. ;)

BornandBred
5/21/2009, 09:47 AM
Go to your local vet. Tell them your dog freaks out in thunderstorms and does damage to your home and itself. Get some tranquilizers. Apply liberally when you get there, or before, whatever.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 09:50 AM
Go to your local vet. Tell them your dog freaks out in thunderstorms and does damage to your home and itself. Get some tranquilizers. Apply liberally when you get there, or before, whatever.

I hear the weed available nowadays has at least 35% more of the active ingredient (THC) than was commonly available during my dudehood in the 1970's. Just sayin'

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 10:37 AM
:D :D :D :D

bri
5/21/2009, 11:31 AM
You want me to make a couple calls for you, Captain Moonbeam? :D

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 03:56 PM

Naw, I reckon I can score some Sedgwick County Sensamilla on my own. Dorothy wasn't so obsessed with getting home to Kansas for nuttin.' But thanks for askin'.;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2009, 04:04 PM
I coulda shipped ya some oxycontin, percoset, or lortab.....they help deal with situations like that

TUSooner
5/21/2009, 04:53 PM
I coulda shipped ya some oxycontin, percoset, or lortab.....they help deal with situations like that

Don't toy with me! I've got a family reunion comin up in June. It won't be bad, but still....

TUSooner
5/21/2009, 04:54 PM

bri called Homey "Captain Moonbeam." heh

Preservation Parcels
5/21/2009, 08:33 PM
heh. We had four sons in six years (twins in the middle). Our youngest played his last high school baseball game ever today.

Now that they're all grown up and responsible, I miss the noise. I miss the dirt and chaos. I miss the days when they were little and snuggly and smelled better.

These days are good, too, though.

Happy trails, Homey

Okla-homey
5/22/2009, 06:01 AM
heh. We had four sons in six years (twins in the middle). Our youngest played his last high school baseball game ever today.

Now that they're all grown up and responsible, I miss the noise. I miss the dirt and chaos. I miss the days when they were little and snuggly and smelled better.

These days are good, too, though.

Happy trails, Homey

Don't get me wrong, I love the little terrorists. I'm even godfather to one of them. If anything ever happened to their parents, they all become my responsibility. It's just that, as you say, they're just so noisy. And out of any two-hour period, one of them cries about something. But mostly, its about the fact that being in my late forties, that is a chapter in my life that is thankfully and blissfully closed.

Preservation Parcels
5/22/2009, 07:01 PM
Hopefully, by two, the crying should be replaced by gleeful, joyful sounds. "Uncle Homey, come play...!"