You have proven that people can wake up and say 'enough is enough.'

That's all.

Thanks

Lott's Bandana
5/20/2009, 07:15 PM
What did we/they do?

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:04 PM
They made a clear statement that their collective hands are out seeking a government bailout...

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 09:13 PM
nanny state

BudSooner
5/20/2009, 09:14 PM
They made a clear statement that their collective hands are out seeking a government bailout...
Sure, give 'em a handout....after they build that moat between Cali and Messico.

AND FILL IT WITH SHARKS WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS! :D

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:19 PM
I always thought it was a joke when they elected Arnold as Governor...very weird...

BudSooner
5/20/2009, 09:34 PM
I always thought it was a joke when they elected Arnold as Governor...very weird...

Jahn Connuh, why do u cry? :D

Lott's Bandana
5/20/2009, 09:40 PM
Instead of a bailout, how about the Feds get to buy up all the real estate that was foreclosed on and let the State o' Cal have all that cash, F **k all the mortgage lending criminals that created the mess and all the mouthbreather homebuyers that bought into their scams.

Eventually and soon, California Real Estate will come screaming back and the Fed Gov gets all their bailout money back...plus equity.

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:46 PM
Instead of a bailout, how about the Feds get to buy up all the real estate that was foreclosed on and let the State o' Cal have all that cash, F **k all the mortgage lending criminals that created the mess and all the mouthbreather homebuyers that bought into their scams.

Eventually and soon, California Real Estate will come screaming back and the Fed Gov gets all their bailout money back...plus equity.

not a bad idea...

Lott's Bandana
5/20/2009, 09:56 PM
not a bad idea...

I used to shake my head when I would listen to KNBR (THE Sports Leader) and the commercials were like screaming idiots yelling about how you DESERVE a house and they were the ones to make it happen...

Interest only loans

Huge ARMs

People were renting out rooms in their houses to make the payments...

CRASH!

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 10:02 PM
"yahhhh , **** the free world!!!"

hehehhee

What movie?

BudSooner
5/20/2009, 10:05 PM
Come with meeee if U waunt a baylout.

Damn that was a **** poor Arnieism.

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 10:12 PM
[quote=BudSooner;2618360]Come with meeee if U waunt a baylout.

Damn that was a **** poor Arnieism.[/quo

not that bad...

SanJoaquinSooner
5/20/2009, 11:09 PM
1. We voted to freeze the salaries of elected officials in bad budget years.

2. We overwhelmingly voted to shrink the size of the gov't tit. Major cuts are coming. They said no to borrowing from peeder to feed paula.

3. I believe the amount Calif gets from the stimulus package remains the same.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/20/2009, 11:48 PM
I have a 'stimulus package'.

tommieharris91
5/21/2009, 12:13 AM
Sure, give 'em a handout....after they build that moat between Cali and Messico.

Moats and sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads will probably cost them...ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!

SanJoaquinSooner
5/21/2009, 12:50 AM
Moats and sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads will probably cost them...ONE TRILLION DOLLARS!

Checkpoint Charlie accepts the bribe and the big truck drives across the bridge over the moat and sharks. unfortunately for Charlie, the recession is bad for business.

badger
5/21/2009, 08:20 AM
They've been saying it a lot recently - Californians have gotten more for less for a very long time and will have to accept less for more for awhile to make up the difference.

There is very little middle ground when voters continue sending ultra-left liberals to office in densely populated areas... then the farm/rich areas send ultra-right conservatives to combat the ultra-lefties. Something's gotta give... I just hope it isn't the rest of the country giving to Cali when they've got their own issues in their own states.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 09:32 AM
If our friends in Caleefornya would stop; 1) paying for heathcare for illegal aliens; 2) giving illegals college schollies to state schools, and; 3) stand-up to the state and local government employees union(s), they might not be in the pickle they find themselves in.

Oh, and another thing, stop allowing construction on those hillsides that regularly burn and mudslide like clockwork. That would be nice too.

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 09:58 AM
Well there ya go thinkin' again....

Tailwind
5/21/2009, 10:24 AM
Californicate deserves to mudslide and burn. And fall into the ocean. Jus sayin.

Tailwind
5/21/2009, 10:28 AM
I hate Cali.

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 10:31 AM
I never would have guessed. :)

Tailwind
5/21/2009, 10:44 AM
Gee, I thought I hid it rather well. :D

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 10:52 AM
I actually like California, a lot. It's got some of the best scenery you'll ever see and there's always something to do and see in most of their major cities.

Tailwind
5/21/2009, 12:17 PM
To each their own, I guess. Some parts are pretty, but I lived in Chino, Moreno Valley and Riverside, none of which are very scenic. Too damn many people too.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 12:24 PM
Buttsecks lives in California.

sooner ngintunr
5/21/2009, 12:29 PM
People only like Ca if they've never lived anywhere else or just visited that place.

29 years was enough for me. I much prefer Green Country. Not even close. And I lived in a "nice" part of Ca.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 12:30 PM
I took a dump in California once.

badger
5/21/2009, 12:42 PM
Only visited CA, never lived there... I don't hate it, but it's amazing how people can take a good thing like palm trees, tons of ocean front and great rock landscaping and eff it up with bad economic decisions over the years.

To be fair, the same can be said about Oklahoma. We had oil money running freely through state, county and city coffers for generations, but the money dried up and our streets and bridges fell to disrepair.

Well, at least we learned our agricultural lesson after the Dust Bowl. Will Cali learn it's lesson when it has a Dust Bowl of its own?

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 12:49 PM
Buttsecks lives in California.

It lives in Tulsa too....

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 01:01 PM
People only like Ca if they never lived anywhere else or just visited that place.

29 years was enough for me. I much prefer Green Country. Not even close. And I lived in a "nice" part of Ca.

I lived in South BA for 28 years and only visited the "nice" part of Ca. Not even close. BA gets DDT'd in that comparison.

sooner ngintunr
5/21/2009, 01:14 PM
I lived in South BA for 28 years and only visited the "nice" part of Ca. Not even close. BA gets DDT'd in that comparison.

Like I said, people who visit CA.....

Living near/in Tulsa> living on the central coast of CA

Without any doubt. And it has just only a little to do with COL BTW.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 01:30 PM
Like I said, people who visit CA.....

Living near/in Tulsa> living on the central coast of CA

Without any doubt. And it has just only a little to do with COL BTW.

So what your saying is the only people that like California are the ones who live there and the ones who don't? Right?

Yeah, I guess it's pretty sad when I can just visit a place and know it pwns where I'm from.

*sigh*

sooner ngintunr
5/21/2009, 01:41 PM
People only like Ca if they've never lived anywhere else or just visited that place.

So what your saying is the only people that like California are the ones who live there and the ones who don't? Right?

Yeah, I guess it's pretty sad when I can just visit a place and know it pwns where I'm from.

*sigh*

Wow your reading comprehension is astounding.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 01:44 PM
I visited California and I thought it sucked donkey balls.

But you could get wine in Long John Silver's. That was pretty swank.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 02:10 PM
Wow your reading comprehension is astounding.

And your play on words is just as astounding.....but whatev.

badger
5/21/2009, 02:12 PM
Give it up guys. Wayman Tisdale's gonna get buried later today :(

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 02:16 PM
With services at the BOk Center to boot!

Goodbye and good luck, Mr. Tisdale.

KC//CRIMSON
5/21/2009, 02:18 PM
Give it up guys. Wayman Tisdale's gonna get buried later today :(

OH NOES! Tisdale used to play for the Sacramento Kings! :D

sooner ngintunr
5/21/2009, 03:08 PM
http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/pun.html

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

But like you said, whatev.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 03:52 PM
In Caleefornya, any legislation to raise taxes must pass the legislature by a 2/3 majority. Unfortunately, and leading directly to the Caleefornya meltdown, appropriations bills need only have a simple majority to pass. Thus, the dem majority in the CA legislature can spend like drunk sailors on shore leave but are unable to increase taxes to pay for said spending sprees.

But there's hope. Congress and The Dear Leader are sure to come to their rescue by wiring over stacks of cash.

Is it a coincidence that the states that are deepest in the economic crapper are now, and have been run a long time, by liberal democrat legislatures?

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 04:02 PM
Is it a coincidence that the states that are deepest in the economic crapper are now, and have been run a long time, by liberal democrat legislatures?

Say it isn't so!!!

BornandBred
5/21/2009, 04:57 PM
Say it isn't so!!!

Detroit's been run by dems for a while now. They're doing GREAT!!

Jerk
5/21/2009, 06:19 PM
In Caleefornya, any legislation to raise taxes must pass the legislature by a 2/3 majority. Unfortunately, and leading directly to the Caleefornya meltdown, appropriations bills need only have a simple majority to pass. Thus, the dem majority in the CA legislature can spend like drunk sailors on shore leave but are unable to increase taxes to pay for said spending sprees.

But there's hope. Congress and The Dear Leader are sure to come to their rescue by wiring over stacks of cash.

I haven't heard they're going to wire cash. Instead, D.C. is going to backstop their bonds. Well, if Barney Frank gets his way. If the Fed. Gov't insures all municipal bonds, then we might as well pave the streets with gold, because they have a printing press, and we don't.

Jerk
5/21/2009, 06:32 PM
uh oh.

http://tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=96026

SanJoaquinSooner
5/21/2009, 07:15 PM
I live in California and like it a lot. But I have a great job. If I didn't like my job, I probably wouldn't like living here.

It's so much more pleasant to be outside here - sunny but with a coolness to the air - like God air conditioned the outdoors.

Windy hot and windy cold are the two things I miss least about Oklahoma.

really, OU is the only thing I miss.

Okla-homey
5/21/2009, 07:22 PM
I haven't heard they're going to wire cash. Instead, D.C. is going to backstop their bonds. Well, if Barney Frank gets his way. If the Fed. Gov't insures all municipal bonds, then we might as well pave the streets with gold, because they have a printing press, and we don't.

Big

Rock

Candy

Mountain

Yay! cotton candy, lollipops and unicorns!

I still say the Californios should legalize weed, and allow companies to sell 20 joints to a pack, retailed at around 20 dollars, or whatever the market would bear. They could tax each pack 15 bucks and put their state in the black in a year.

Growing weed in the San Fernando Valley would be like the gold boom of old. After all, if soil and weather allow you to grow good tomatos, you can grow killer weed. .;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2009, 09:10 AM

I believe that is the Dems in congress that want to make everyone pay for Cali's mess... Raspberries on the Dems in congress. Hats off to Cali voters who finally decided enough was enough...

JohnnyMack
5/22/2009, 09:36 AM
Legalize. Marijuana.

TAFBSooner
5/22/2009, 10:10 AM
Legalize. Marijuana.

Every time I want to write my representative, I think "Congress --> DEA --> planted evidence --> Hit Delete."

Cluck cluck cluck.

The alcohol, tobacco, and prison industries and the LE unions are going to keep this status quo for quite a while yet.

. . . and the alcohol-preferring religions.

. . . and the Bar Association

. . . I know I missed someone.

Tailwind
5/22/2009, 01:25 PM
Every time I want to write my representative, I think "Congress --> DEA --> planted evidence --> Hit Delete."

Cluck cluck cluck.

The alcohol, tobacco, and prison industries and the LE unions are going to keep this status quo for quite a while yet.

. . . and the alcohol-preferring religions.

. . . and the Bar Association

. . . I know I missed someone.

You got a few more rounds; keep shooting and aim better. ;)

Scott D
5/22/2009, 01:57 PM
Detroit's been run by dems for a while now. They're doing GREAT!!

your post might be relevant if you knew a single thing about this area.

badger
5/22/2009, 02:09 PM

does watching 8-mile and michael moore documentaries count? ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2009, 02:18 PM

Scott, don't know a thing about Detroit except that they have had problems as long as I can remember. Pretty lawless at times and they do seem to have a problem with elected leaders there.

yermom
5/22/2009, 02:33 PM
Legalize. Marijuana.

i think the biggest thing with that is saving money on would be enforcing the laws

i don't see them making enough in taxes to get that much out of it. you can just grow your own...

Scott D
5/22/2009, 02:33 PM
does watching 8-mile and michael moore documentaries count? ;)

only if you use Fargo as a representation of Wisconsin ;)

(and yes, I know it's in Minnesota)

Scott D
5/22/2009, 02:38 PM
Scott, don't know a thing about Detroit except that they have had problems as long as I can remember. Pretty lawless at times and they do seem to have a problem with elected leaders there.

Well it depends on what you consider to be Detroit really. It's like most cities in that regard, is Duncanville part of Dallas? is Katy part of Houston? Is Everett part of Seattle?

I won't deny that the city proper has a multitude of problems. Hell, the metro area has a bunch of problems, mostly stemmed from an "us v. them" attitude on the part of both the city and the suburbs.

The problem itself however is a lot bigger than just blaming unions or certain political parties or certain ethnicities. It's a microcosm of what's wrong with America, from the aspect of being the peeled off scab of problems.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/22/2009, 02:51 PM
Fargo, MN - hmmm...

badger
5/22/2009, 02:53 PM
only if you use Fargo as a representation of Wisconsin ;)

(and yes, I know it's in Minnesota)

i thought it was in north dakota....

Scott D
5/22/2009, 02:54 PM
it is, I just don't think enough of either state to consider them separate ;)