PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Just how long

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 01:32 PM
Before Israel whoops up on iran ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran

DeBarr
5/20/2009, 01:45 PM
I know Israel doesnt eff around, but with the new administration and all, I would be surprised to see Israel take a preemptive strike on a sizable foe such as Iran. I don't think they would ever consider it without the 100% backing of the U.S. And with us currently trying to unwind two other wars, not sure we would do that for them.

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 02:07 PM
If this idiot in iran gets reelected, and there is No progress in all this talkin Obama wants to do
Im gonna guess early next year we wake up to the News that Israel has handled the prob .
jes sayin

Ardmore_Sooner
5/20/2009, 02:09 PM
If this idiot in iran gets reelected, and there is No progress in all this talkin Obama wants to do
Im gonna guess early next year we wake up to the News that Israel has handled the prob .
jes sayin

this.

TAFBSooner
5/20/2009, 03:39 PM
jes sayin

A war may "handle the problem," but inevitably causes a whole bunch of new ones. This would be especially true for an Israeli attack on Iran.

I join in praying for Ahmadinejad's electoral defeat.

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 03:47 PM
I totaly agree about that ****er losing the lection . But i dont think its gonna happen

Israel will Not let those ****ers get to the point of Nuke weapons capability
jes dont see it happenin

OklahomaRed
5/20/2009, 03:48 PM
Like Iran is going to have a fair election? Get real! :D

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 03:48 PM

Venezuela did :D

Dio
5/20/2009, 03:58 PM
Ooooh, Carter Jr's threatening Iran with sanctions. What's next- a strongly worded letter? Kicking Amedinnerjacket out of the Hugo Chavez Book Club?

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 04:00 PM
God won't let something really bad happen to Israel, JMO.

CK Sooner
5/20/2009, 04:35 PM

:P

CrimsonJim
5/20/2009, 05:41 PM

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

TAFBSooner
5/20/2009, 05:50 PM

I'm staying in Germany. God won't let Hitler do anything really bad to us.
(later)
Well, He only let Hitler kill 6 million Jews. It could have been worse.

God is watching over America. We can ignore the rest of the world.
(later)
God got all but 3,000 out of the World Trade Center. It could have been much worse.

I'm not going to carry today because God won't let anything really bad happen to me.

In other words, IMHO, God pretty much leaves it up to us to make our best way in the world. He sets up some ground rules, such as that Golden one, and then we have to do the footwork.

There are no easy answers re Iran's hard-on for Israel. Nuking them first is a bad idea (not least because Iran has surely learned from Iraq's experience in 1981* not to keep all their nuclear eggs in one basket, and the Mossad, while very good, does not employ Chuck Norris to go in and find all their sites). Praying, all by itself, is not likely to get the job done, but pray anyway.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osirak
Until I read this I had no idea that Iran attacked the Osirak reactor the year before Israel did. Ya learn something new every day, and I can quit now.

SoonerProphet
5/20/2009, 06:22 PM
Are these ICBM's any different than the older models they have?

The best way to unify Iran and undermine any chance at encouraging a moderate path is to attack them. Nationalism is a helluva drug.

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 06:23 PM
Are these ICBM's any different than the older models they have?

The best way to unify Iran and undermine any chance at encouraging a moderate path is to attack them. Nationalism is a helluva drug.

More accurate

Crucifax Autumn
5/21/2009, 12:50 AM
jes sayin

The idiot that gets "elected" in Iran has nothing to do with their policies. He's a figurehead and the azztards in the loony religious part actually rule. The tard that calls himself prez there just spouts off the fundamentalist line so they don't oppose him.

As for what Israel will do, they are pretty much the same as what I just described....they'll go to the religious extreme too.

If I have to choose, Israel is the "right" side, but all those ****heads over there pretty much follow their religious beliefs to destructive ends.

Screw 'em all!

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 12:57 AM
Ill play
The Jews dont WANT to wipe the Iranians Off the face of the Map
If and when they do a preemptive strike it will be In self defense
JMHO

JLEW1818
5/21/2009, 03:30 AM
I'm staying in Germany. God won't let Hitler do anything really bad to us.
(later)
Well, He only let Hitler kill 6 million Jews. It could have been worse.

God is watching over America. We can ignore the rest of the world.
(later)
God got all but 3,000 out of the World Trade Center. It could have been much worse.

I'm not going to carry today because God won't let anything really bad happen to me.

In other words, IMHO, God pretty much leaves it up to us to make our best way in the world. He sets up some ground rules, such as that Golden one, and then we have to do the footwork.

There are no easy answers re Iran's hard-on for Israel. Nuking them first is a bad idea (not least because Iran has surely learned from Iraq's experience in 1981* not to keep all their nuclear eggs in one basket, and the Mossad, while very good, does not employ Chuck Norris to go in and find all their sites). Praying, all by itself, is not likely to get the job done, but pray anyway.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osirak
Until I read this I had no idea that Iran attacked the Osirak reactor the year before Israel did. Ya learn something new every day, and I can quit now.

well, most of the middle east hates and wants to destroy Israel.... yet Israel is still standing, and has America, behind them...

OU_Sooners75
5/21/2009, 08:05 AM
well, most of the middle east hates and wants to destroy Israel.... yet Israel is still standing, and has America, behind them...

That is because America is behind them.

Also, Isreal may be small in size, but they bring a mighty punch. Their military is some of the best trained soldiers in the world. Americans being the best of course!

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 08:49 AM
Preaching to non-nuclear nations to stay that way is sort of like preaching abstinence to teenagers. It's probably healthier for them in the long run, but they're thinking about tonight. Nearly every nation's population sees nukes as a right of passage and a sign of national pride, taking their rightful place (as they see it) on the world stage.

Every regime wants nukes because it gives them a much bigger stick to carry, whether they plan to be aggressive or just hold their own.

Notice that it's also the adults who are preaching to the teenagers not to have sex.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 12:13 PM

Yeah. Because both sides are on such a moderate tack as it is.

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury...”

“no doubt the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot [Israel] from the face of the Islamic world.”

“...relations with the United States are not a cure for our ills.”

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land. As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

There is no moderation with religious zealotry without denial of the tenets that created the fervent zealotry in the first place. You might as well ask the snake to not bite you.

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 12:29 PM
Snake Dont Bite me Please.
hows that ?

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 12:30 PM
Well, did it work?

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 12:31 PM
Well, did it work?

So far so good ;)

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah. Because both sides are on such a moderate tack as it is.

“Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury...”

“no doubt the new wave [of attacks] in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot [Israel] from the face of the Islamic world.”

“...relations with the United States are not a cure for our ills.”

"The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of a war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land. As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

There is no moderation with religious zealotry without denial of the tenets that created the fervent zealotry in the first place. You might as well ask the snake to not bite you.

So that means that the United States should not pursue the moderate course? We should allow ourselves to lower ourselves to thier standards in foreign relations?

Are these Ahmadinejad quotes? links? And yes, he represents the security and military policy decision apparatus of the Islamic Republic.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 01:27 PM
So that means that the United States should not pursue the moderate course? We should allow ourselves to lower ourselves to thier standards in foreign relations?

Are these Ahmadinejad quotes? links? And yes, he represents the security and military policy decision apparatus of the Islamic Republic.

Of course we should. On the premise that a gauged, moderate approach, in regards to the governmental structure in place in Iran, is nigh worthless. It's a battle of reason versus theology, a similar battle that can be displayed every time a thread spins down the toilet of Creationism vs. Evolution. No winners.

Does that equate to the bland black and white of 'Kill Iran!' and 'roll over like a ten dollar hooker'? No. So what, in turn, is the moderate approach? Pressure to the region via toothless sanctions? Western exposure and change from within? The threat of military engagement?

Or even reprisal through proxy, Israel torching strategically significant targets with the focus of the come-uppance being an already war-ready nation in the heart of a wartorn land? A nation that's already demonized in the eyes of those within the region? A nation with a need for self-preservation versus comments from the Iranian head of state?

To me, that isn't necessarily an extremist position. The U.S. dropping the hammer on Iran directly is. Talking with a government that has yet to ever give two rips of a fart for what we have to say and a track record to prove it is.

Efforts at change from within while change from without is done by the proverbial sword of Israel is, to me, the ONLY way to address this conflict without embroiling the entire region, possibly the entire world, into a hellish war. After all, the Iranians know their devils.

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 02:36 PM
Of course we should. On the premise that a gauged, moderate approach, in regards to the governmental structure in place in Iran, is nigh worthless. It's a battle of reason versus theology, a similar battle that can be displayed every time a thread spins down the toilet of Creationism vs. Evolution. No winners.

Does that equate to the bland black and white of 'Kill Iran!' and 'roll over like a ten dollar hooker'? No. So what, in turn, is the moderate approach? Pressure to the region via toothless sanctions? Western exposure and change from within? The threat of military engagement?

Or even reprisal through proxy, Israel torching strategically significant targets with the focus of the come-uppance being an already war-ready nation in the heart of a wartorn land? A nation that's already demonized in the eyes of those within the region? A nation with a need for self-preservation versus comments from the Iranian head of state?

To me, that isn't necessarily an extremist position. The U.S. dropping the hammer on Iran directly is. Talking with a government that has yet to ever give two rips of a fart for what we have to say and a track record to prove it is.

Efforts at change from within while change from without is done by the proverbial sword of Israel is, to me, the ONLY way to address this conflict without embroiling the entire region, possibly the entire world, into a hellish war. After all, the Iranians know their devils.

So an attack by Israel on Iran would solve the problems of an aspiring nuclear Iran?

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 02:43 PM
What would?

Short of the Russians and Chinese being on board in squeezing the balls of the mullahs (which you and I both know will never happen), what IS the solution?

There isn't a clean one. And ignoring the problem by trying to act through diplomacy will only serve to let Iran progress through its program to the point of functional development. It's what sane people call a stall tactic. And the Iranians are playing it like a fiddle at a Bob Wills convention.

And once the point of weaponization has been reached, the option of Israel the sword disappears.

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 03:30 PM
What would?

Short of the Russians and Chinese being on board in squeezing the balls of the mullahs (which you and I both know will never happen), what IS the solution?

There isn't a clean one. And ignoring the problem by trying to act through diplomacy will only serve to let Iran progress through its program to the point of functional development. It's what sane people call a stall tactic. And the Iranians are playing it like a fiddle at a Bob Wills convention.

And once the point of weaponization has been reached, the option of Israel the sword disappears.

How is that going to solve the problem? I don't think a strike is a guaranty that the Iranian nuclear program ends. You can't bomb scientific knowledge and if countries are determined to build nuclear weapons and facilities then thay will.

The IAEA policies are in place and Iran has met its non-proliferation obligations...has Israel.

Still would like to some links to those quotes.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/21/2009, 03:40 PM
Check it out.

Type 'ahmadinejad' and 'quote' in Google.

It comes up with a ton of stuff. The intrawebs are bad *** like that.

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 04:52 PM
Check it out.

Type 'ahmadinejad' and 'quote' in Google.

It comes up with a ton of stuff. The intrawebs are bad *** like that.

Right, i get it. Imagine that a politician engaged in populist rhetoric designed to appeal to emotions such as nationalism. Clearly he is insane and is setting a precedent in terms of behavior.

Again, how are military strikes going to settle the issue of nations acquiring nuclear power and or weapons? Will the strikes stop them? It is also a bit hypocritical?

Curly Bill
5/21/2009, 04:57 PM
Again, how are military strikes going to settle the issue of nations acquiring nuclear power and or weapons? Will the strikes stop them? It is also a bit hypocritical?

Lets say you're trying to build a house, yet every time you get close to getting that house finished I blow it up. If I do that each and every time you go to work on a new house I will effectively prevent you from acquiring said house. See how that works?

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 06:22 PM
Lets say you're trying to build a house, yet every time you get close to getting that house finished I blow it up. If I do that each and every time you go to work on a new house I will effectively prevent you from acquiring said house. See how that works?

if it was as simple as that i am quite certain the house would not be standing.

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 06:36 PM
My neighbor hates me, he gets an attack dog and starts training it

says when he gets it fully trained hes gonna turn it loose on me , to kill me .
I shoot the ****ing thing before he gets it trained
Now he still knows how to train a dog but hes got to start all the **** over .
see? pretty simple really .

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 06:43 PM

The house will only be standing until it is blown up again. The plan is marvelously simplistic, yet deviously effective.

SoonerProphet
5/21/2009, 06:56 PM
Well I'm convinced, it as simple as blowing **** up or killing it. No strait of hormuz, no hezbollah, no hidden bunkers, or global Shiite reaction. Hell, those guys prolly have big signs that point to all their sites and ****...pretty simple really.

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 07:11 PM
Now you're startin' to see the big picture. ;)

It's kind of like not being able to see the trees for the forest, but once you see them....priceless.

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 08:41 PM
Are those of you in favor of Israel bombing known Iranian nuclear sites OK with losing all of the oil coming out of the Persian Gulf?

In other words, are you in favor of sacrificing the world's economy (OK, the chance for the recovery of the world's economy) for the possibility of preventing Iran from acquiring the ability (which they may or may not choose to use) to destroy Israel?

If you don't think that would happen (Iranian forces blowing up oil fields near the Persian Gulf and blocking the Strait of Hormuz), why not?

In the real world you do have to account for the trees (consequences) you can see (cf. CrimsonJim), and realize there are always going to be some you don't see.

Jerk
5/21/2009, 08:52 PM
Oil will go over $200 a barrel.

It will be the coup de grâce for what's left of the economy.

King Crimson
5/21/2009, 08:55 PM
Are those of you in favor of Israel bombing known Iranian nuclear sites OK with losing all of the oil coming out of the Persian Gulf?

In other words, are you in favor of sacrificing the world's economy (OK, the chance for the recovery of the world's economy) for the possibility of preventing Iran from acquiring the ability (which they may or may not choose to use) to destroy Israel?

heck ya. a hawkish Israel is a hard-on for a lot of people on the board. nothing is more fun than war on TV.

Curly Bill
5/21/2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks guys, no doubt Iran possessing nuclear weapons is the best alternative here. :rolleyes:

King Crimson
5/21/2009, 08:59 PM
Israel is huffing and puffing to get a more "conservative" position from the new administration. feeling out Obama and making some political gains.

Jerk
5/21/2009, 09:00 PM
Everyone thinks Israel will use airstrikes. They probably will on some of the hardened targets that require bunker busters.

However, I think part of the attack will come from sub-launched cruise missiles...tipped with low-yield nukes.

Just a guess.

BudSooner
5/21/2009, 09:19 PM
A one, a two, a three...CRACK! A three.

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys, no doubt Iran possessing nuclear weapons is the best alternative here. :rolleyes:

You can't make the decision in a vacuum.

Option One: accept that Iran will posess nuclear weapons and the world will still have oil from the Persian Gulf.

Option Two: Israel tries to destroy Iran's nuclear weapons program, and Iran responds by conventionally attacking Israel, oil facilities near the Persian Gulf (like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE), and the Strait of Hormuz. If you see a way for the world to avoid those consequences, please share with the class.

I don't want anyone here to change their minds. :rolleyes: I just would like everyone in favor of Option Two to agree that Israel's attempt will be worth the consequences to the world, which may include gas for your Ford. If you see a way for the world to avoid those consequences, please share with the class.

BTW, if your reason that Option Two is worth the consequences is a hope that the resulting blow-up will hasten along the Rapture, I'd like to know about that too. If I were of the Christian flavor of theist I would think that such an attitude was the sin of arrogance in presuming to tell God what His timetable should be.

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 10:16 PM
Whoa , I dint say I was in favor of it
I Just see why it may happen ,
I dont Israel will give a flying **** , when it comes to THEIR Future.
Because I dont doubt for a minute that if and when iran gets those nukes they will dump em on Israel
just MHO

Curly Bill
5/21/2009, 10:19 PM
Whatever keeps nukes out of the hands of the Iranians is worth it.

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 10:23 PM
Whatever keeps nukes out of the hands of the Iranians is worth it.

I tend to agree caise like i said
I dont doubt for a minute that once they get em they will use em .
Dem peeps be nutso:eek:

King Crimson
5/21/2009, 10:26 PM
hard-ons for hawkish Israel, unite!

TAFBSooner
5/21/2009, 10:32 PM
I tend to agree caise like i said
I dont doubt for a minute that once they get em they will use em .
Dem peeps be nutso:eek:

I sure can't say for sure Iran won't use them. :mad:

But we're dealing with the nutso guy in North Korea. And we once had to deal with some nutso guy coming in to New York, banging his shoe and threatening to bury us. That didn't work out so well for them, did it?

I think that India and Pakistan took the safety caps off their buttons a while back, but they backed down. Remember one side in that standoff was Muslim.

Not everyone that says they're going to throw nukes, actually throws nukes. Maybe the people we're dealing with around the world are other grown-ups after all.

olevetonahill
5/22/2009, 01:54 AM

But we're dealing with the nutso guy in North Korea. And we once had to deal with some nutso guy coming in to New York, banging his shoe and threatening to bury us. That didn't work out so well for them, did it?

I think that India and Pakistan took the safety caps off their buttons a while back, but they backed down. Remember one side in that standoff was Muslim.

Not everyone that says they're going to throw nukes, actually throws nukes. Maybe the people we're dealing with around the world are other grown-ups after all.

I hope yer rite bro

Fraggle145
5/22/2009, 02:02 AM
I hope yer rite bro

me too. :(

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 03:55 AM

:confused:

WOW...it cannot get more asinine than this!

Laymen's terms...

If I blow the **** out of a nuclear plant....will that plant still have the capability of producing nuclear energy?

Even my daughter (five years old) understands this concept!

If you phuck it up, as in destroy it....sure, it may only slow them down or set them back...but it succeeds in them having to start all over.

Then when they go to rebuild....you destroy it again. Eventually one of two things will happen...

1. They will wise up and stop trying to build it or
2. They will continue to defy the world and the world will continue to destroy it.

Really, prophet....it is not that hard...and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 05:27 AM

In other words we should compromise with Iran?

Okay...lets say we do that....where does it get us? Especially if they are secretly continuing their pursuit of gaining nuclear power, or weapons?

Do you honestly think Iran is just after nuclear power plants to boost their electric grid? Hell no...they also desire the passion to become a nuclear power in this world...and frankly, that is ****ing frightening!

I think the moderate approach could work...IF AND ONLY IF...we have a backbone and defend our objections, when Iran decides to **** all over that piece of paper.

And if you think they won't, then you are about as naive as they get.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 05:33 AM
Soonerprophet...

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1145961353170&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

There, read until your hearts content.

Good thing you are out of touch with reality, so it seems.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 05:35 AM
Right, i get it. Imagine that a politician engaged in populist rhetoric designed to appeal to emotions such as nationalism. Clearly he is insane and is setting a precedent in terms of behavior.

Are you Iranian?

Are you anit-Israel?

Or are you just a big fat *** tree hugger?

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 05:40 AM

If you don't think that would happen (Iranian forces blowing up oil fields near the Persian Gulf and blocking the Strait of Hormuz), why not?

In the real world you do have to account for the trees (consequences) you can see (cf. CrimsonJim), and realize there are always going to be some you don't see.

LOL...I will say it this way....If you think that the entire persian gulf will shut off their money maker to those that make them that money...you are about as dumb as I am! :P

Name the last time we have received oil directly from Iran?

I am all for beating the **** out of Iran. We should have went that direction moreso than Iraq...imho.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2009, 05:43 AM

China has North Korea under wraps.

SoonerProphet
5/22/2009, 06:17 AM

WOW...it cannot get more asinine than this!

Laymen's terms...

If I blow the **** out of a nuclear plant....will that plant still have the capability of producing nuclear energy?

Even my daughter (five years old) understands this concept!

If you phuck it up, as in destroy it....sure, it may only slow them down or set them back...but it succeeds in them having to start all over.

Then when they go to rebuild....you destroy it again. Eventually one of two things will happen...

1. They will wise up and stop trying to build it or
2. They will continue to defy the world and the world will continue to destroy it.

Really, prophet....it is not that hard...and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Dude, no reason to get all indignant. Trying to point out that it ain't that simple and your limited consequences mentioned in 1 & 2 are not the only consequences of blowing stuff up. As I am certain of your reading skills, perhaps equalling that of your five year old, you would understand that more will occur than the Iranians just stopping. Again, it ain't that simple.

SoonerProphet
5/22/2009, 06:21 AM

Are you Iranian?

Are you anit-Israel?

Or are you just a big fat *** tree hugger?

Your skills at rhetoric are as sharp as your perceptions as to who I am.:rolleyes:

And yes, as TAFB pointed out, ONLY Iran would suffer, they wouldn't lash out against anyone.

You failed to address the point of Pakistan.

Maybe you should quit referring to people as dumb or tree huggers and think a bit deeper on the subject at hand.

Vaevictis
5/22/2009, 06:22 AM
LOL...I will say it this way....If you think that the entire persian gulf will shut off their money maker to those that make them that money...

That would be totally unprecedented.

1890MilesToNorman
5/22/2009, 06:24 AM
jes sayin

Pontificating again is ya? :D

Ardmore_Sooner
5/22/2009, 08:02 AM
Do you guys ever sleep?

AggieTool
5/22/2009, 08:16 AM
Your skills at rhetoric are as sharp as your perceptions as to who I am.:rolleyes:

And yes, as TAFB pointed out, ONLY Iran would suffer, they wouldn't lash out against anyone.

You failed to address the point of Pakistan.

Maybe you should quit referring to people as dumb or tree huggers and think a bit deeper on the subject at hand.

Yer an 'America hatin Joo hater aintcha?

God done told us that Israel caint do no wrong 'cuz the Bible sez so!:mad:

:D

TAFBSooner
5/22/2009, 09:45 AM
LOL...I will say it this way....If you think that the entire persian gulf will shut off their money maker to those that make them that money...you are about as dumb as I am! :P

Oops – sometimes I skip a step. :O

Iran has an effective regional military – stronger than any other native Middle East nation (Israel's is better pound-for-pound, but they're a lot smaller) . They have cruise missiles and short range ballistic missiles. Some of those missiles can reach the oil field infrastructure of Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, and various other Persian Gulf oil producers. Oil-business professionals, help me out here with what percentage of the world’s oil supply that represents. And if Iran is nutso enough to commit suicide-by-Israel, they are nutso enough to bring down the western world’s economy by shutting off that oil supply for many months.

They have another option – they have missile batteries directly overlooking the Strait of Hormuz, thru which all that Persian Gulf oil reaches the rest of the world. Once they hit one tanker to show intent, no tanker owner (nor their insurance carrier) will allow their ships near the region. Israel doesn’t have the resources to counter this. We might, but I wouldn’t count on it, and if we do get involved –what am I saying? – when we get involved, it’s no longer just “plucky Israel taking on the mad mullahs.”

Name the last time we have received oil directly from Iran?

We haven’t for a long time. Their oil goes into the world market. If they reduce the world supply by whatever they’re putting into it, the market price of oil will shoot up. That’s basic supply and demand.

I’ve just named three levers of power. They have others.

All that being said, Israel hitting Iran’s nuclear sites may be the least bad option. <shudder> But you have to consider and account for the consequences you know about, and leave room for the ones you don’t know about.

I am all for beating the **** out of Iran. We should have went that direction moreso than Iraq...imho.

We need year-round football. :mad:

Jerk
5/22/2009, 05:25 PM
hard-ons for hawkish Israel, unite!

Someone on the world stage has got to have some balls.

Cuz it sure ain't wonderboy.