PDA

View Full Version : Well, crap.

bri
5/19/2009, 08:56 PM
I don't know what's worse, that we have the third pick in a draft full of also-rans, or that poor Blake has to go to the Clippers.

Although, a good point was brought up on Twitter: OKC has the #3 AND #25 pick (thanks, Spurs!). If we wanted to try and convince LA to part with Blake, with two first-round picks to throw into the deal we may not have to trade away half the team.

More likely, though, we're just gonna draft some scrawny teenage point guard from Spain.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 08:58 PM
Who are you calling "we" pale face ???

bri
5/19/2009, 09:11 PM
Me and my stalker, obviously.

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:18 PM
I can see us throwing those two first rounders and one of our two first rounder from next year in there for Blake. I just hope if they do the late 1st rounder for next year they do the late one.

bri
5/19/2009, 09:27 PM
It's gonna be a frantic couple of weeks, no doubt. I really hope they can get something worked out to bring Blake to OKC.

(I'm not gonna lie, I really thought Stern was gonna give us the magic '85 Knicks ping-pong balls. Bah.)

Sooner98
5/19/2009, 09:28 PM
Just being honest here, if I were the Clippers, there's no way would I make that trade. Blake is by far and away the most sure-thing star in this draft. Too bad we couldn't have gotten #2, which would have meant considerably more bargaining power, but at least we didn't fall like the Kings did.

bri
5/19/2009, 09:29 PM
I truly enjoyed watching the Kings fall. I don't know why, I just hate them. :D

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:31 PM
Just being honest here, if I were the Clippers, there's no way would I make that trade. Blake is by far and away the most sure-thing star in this draft. Too bad we couldn't have gotten #2, which would have meant considerably more bargaining power, but at least we didn't fall like the Kings did.

Yea, but the Clippers have plenty of PF's and yes they are not the talent that Blake is, but they are serviceable pro's and they could use 2 picks in the first round and maybe an extra one next year more then they could trying to get the ball to BG.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 09:34 PM
We moved from 4th to 3rd, I think we are fortunate (our worst case was 6th) and who knows what happens on the trades. For now, I have faith in Presti and his cohorts. they have made good decisions so far...

Sooner98
5/19/2009, 09:37 PM
I wonder if Memphis is thinking the same thing that we are here (trading up to #1). If the Thunder can't pull it off, they might even want to consider trading DOWN for maybe a first rounder next year, plus a veteran big man or something.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 09:38 PM
Me and my stalker, obviously.

laughable, the BRI-man who talks shiat on OKC and the Thunder most of the year suddenly becomes part of us..."we"...at draft time....

bri
5/19/2009, 09:50 PM
You know, for someone who always manages to find my increasingly infrequent posts, you're not very good at reading them. But then, that would require pulling your head out of your own *ss long enough to look at the monitor.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:13 PM
You know, for someone who always manages to find my increasingly infrequent posts, you're not very good at reading them. But then, that would require pulling your head out of your own *ss long enough to look at the monitor.

Nice comeback...might need a little work and training...

starclassic tama
5/20/2009, 01:27 PM
there is absolutely no way we can trade up to the first spot. the clippers or anyone else WOULD NOT part with a face of the franchise player like blake for 2 picks in a ****ty draft like this.

soonervegas
5/20/2009, 02:56 PM
I am on the Sooner98 plan. Trade down to 3 or 4 sports and try to get soemthing for it outside the draft.

the_ouskull
5/23/2009, 03:12 PM
The problem with late first-round picks in this year's draft is that, in most years, those are good picks. This year, they're good picks in name only. You're still getting a second-round talent in the mid/late first round this year. Very few "lottery caliber" players in this year's draft. Blake's the only one without a lot of question marks...

Now, if they're going to try to package picks to trade down, they need to stay in the Top 10, and hopefully get some middle first-round picks for NEXT year's draft. That'd be real nice.

We're taking Thabeet, Rubio, or Harden/Blair. I don't see much else happening. Rubio might be the best player in that group, but he's the worst fit for us. Thabeet would be the best we could hope for, right now.

the_ouskull

Collier11
5/25/2009, 04:21 PM
there is absolutely no way we can trade up to the first spot. the clippers or anyone else WOULD NOT part with a face of the franchise player like blake for 2 picks in a ****ty draft like this.

its the clippers, anything is possible

yermom
5/25/2009, 04:28 PM
when is the draft, anyway?

the_ouskull
5/25/2009, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it's on the 25th of http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft.

Lazyarse.

the_ouskull

yermom
5/25/2009, 08:54 PM
ok, so i hadn't seen this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/news/story?id=4070931

that's pretty awesome. i don't see why you need an agent until after you are drafted anyway