PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick and AD in the same backfield?

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 06:40 PM
Without looking at the moral issue of whether or not Vick should even have a chance to come back to the NFL would anybody like to see Michael Vick as the Vikngs QB? He and AD would make one hell of a backfield.

yermom
5/19/2009, 07:00 PM
i'm pretty unimpressed with Vick as a QB

i think they can do better

Collier11
5/19/2009, 07:44 PM
I think anyone who says he shouldnt get another shot is a Huge Hypocrite! What he did was horrible but no more so than beating your wife and all the other fun stuff pro athletes do

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 08:34 PM
I think missing out on a 10 year $120 million dollar deal that he probably would have only gotten about half of, going to prison and having to file for bankruptcy is probably enough punishment.

BillyBall
5/19/2009, 08:41 PM
Not that I think that Mike Vick was the 2nd coming but:

Michael Vick > Sage Rosenfels > Tavaris Jackson

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 08:54 PM
Without looking at the moral issue of whether or not Vick should even have a chance to come back to the NFL would anybody like to see Michael Vick as the Vikngs QB? He and AD would make one hell of a backfield.

Why is it a moral issue of any consequence for Vick ? Dogfighting ??? He was not selling drugs, using sterods or raping women....BFD...

bluedogok
5/19/2009, 09:14 PM
Michael Vick +/- Vince Young

Sage Rosenfels is an upgrade, an actual QB. Vick and VY were runners playing QB.

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:15 PM
Why is it a moral issue of any consequence for Vick ? Dogfighting ??? He was not selling drugs, using sterods or raping women....BFD...

I can see it being a huge moral issue unless people are OK w/him allowing dogs to be hung, electrocuted and whatever else went on at his property. I am an animal owner and they are like a member of my family, so for me I see something morally wrong with it.

GottaHavePride
5/19/2009, 09:22 PM
If you're talking personality disorders, there's a very small leap from doing that sort of **** to animals and doing that sort of **** to people.

I wouldn't **** on Michael Vick if he were on fire.

Seamus
5/19/2009, 09:41 PM
If you're talking personality disorders, there's a very small leap from doing that sort of **** to animals and doing that sort of **** to people.

I wouldn't **** on Michael Vick if he were on fire.

I can see it being a huge moral issue unless people are OK w/him allowing dogs to be hung, electrocuted and whatever else went on at his property. I am an animal owner and they are like a member of my family, so for me I see something morally wrong with it.

Well, there are two souls who don't have Hell punched on their tickets ...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif to both of you.

Big flaming piles of Rottweiler poo to those that think what Vick did was no big deal.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 09:45 PM
Easy, Vick's whole event is not that big of deal...His lack of repentance is his main problem at this point ...

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:50 PM
Last summer my dog almost died of Parvo and I ran my vet bill over $500 to keep my dog alive. She made it and I am thankful for every day that I have her. When someone kills a dog through torture and then acts like it is no big deal then it pisses me off. This is not what I intended when I started this thread, but I'm more then happy to go this route.

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 09:52 PM
i'm pretty unimpressed with Vick as a QB

i think they can do better

ditto

great college qb, horrible nfl qb.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 09:52 PM
Last summer my dog almost died of Parvo and I ran my vet bill over $500 to keep my dog alive. She made it and I am thankful for every day that I have her. When someone kills a dog through torture and then acts like it is no big deal then it pisses me off. This is not what I intended when I started this thread, but I'm more then happy to go this route.

Geez, a problem of global proportions for you I presume...

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:57 PM
Damn I can't tell if you're a smarta$$ or just a dumba$$.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 09:57 PM
Damn I can't tell if you're a smarta$$ or just a duma$$.

If I was both we would be twins....

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:59 PM
So I presume that you're OK with the torture of animals.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:00 PM
So I presume that you're OK with the torture of animals.

So I assume you are OK with the torture of inane discussion...

Collier11
5/19/2009, 10:02 PM
Well, there are two souls who don't have Hell punched on their tickets ...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif to both of you.

Big flaming piles of Rottweiler poo to those that think what Vick did was no big deal.

Just to make it clear on my own behalf, I am a huge animal lover and I think what he did was disgusting. I just think that people who act like what he did was any worse than some other stuff that goes on amongst pro athletes and that he doesnt deserve a 2nd chance is hipocritical

CrimsonJim
5/19/2009, 10:04 PM
How long do you think it will take Lid to get in here and start preaching about win-at-all-cost? :D

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:04 PM
Just to make it clear on my own behalf, I am a huge animal lover and I think what he did was disgusting. I just think that people who act like what he did was any worse than some other stuff that goes on amongst pro athletes and that he doesnt deserve a 2nd chance is hipocritical

The voice of reason ...

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 10:05 PM
I think he does deserve a second chance I just don't excuse what he did as something minute.

85sooners
5/19/2009, 10:05 PM
:pop:

olevetonahill
5/19/2009, 10:06 PM
Im an animal lover my self, But it seems to me like Vick has pd his price ,
I say let him alone
If a team wants to take a chance on him thats their business .

What Vick did is in no way worse than what the ****in puppy dumpers do when they toss a dog out , in the country thinkin some Nice farmer will take care of it
Ill take V over these POS any day

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:07 PM
I think he does deserve a second chance I just don't excuse what he did as something minute.

I think he should be neutered, then allowed a second chance.

I believe in cruel and unusual punishment, as pay back.

:)

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:08 PM
I think he should be neutered, then allowed a second chance.

insanity personified...

CrimsonJim
5/19/2009, 10:09 PM

I knew there was something I liked about you. :D

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:11 PM
I knew there was something I liked about you. :D

OK, if that is your solution for Vick what do you propose for women who get abortions ???

CrimsonJim
5/19/2009, 10:12 PM
OK, if that is your solution for Vick what do you propose for women who get abortions ???

Ooook. Now you're reachin'. You OBVIOUSLY overlooked the smiley, ya dumas! ;)

Pay tention!!!

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:14 PM
It is your position on Vick or are you now saying you were joking ??? You must pick one nutso...

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:15 PM

should be thrown in the lions den.

life aint hard, just don't **** up.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:17 PM
should be thrown in the lions den.

life aint hard, just don't **** up.

...and you have never ***'ed up...right...very hypocritical....

Curly Bill
5/19/2009, 10:19 PM
If Vick is truly repentant then I say give him another chance. He has in fact paid a huge price in the monetary arena.

Having said that: if he'd done to my dog what he did to those, we wouldn't need to be having this discussion. ;)

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:20 PM
yall watching lakers and nuggets? good game. I'm in Denver right now, those bastards.

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:21 PM
yall watching lakers and nuggets? good game. I'm in Denver right now, those bastards.

poooorr effort...

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:23 PM
i don't know what you consider "****ing up", legally, no i have never messed up.

I guess the worst thing that I've ever been in trouble for, was "supposedly" harassing a gay kid my junior year in high school, and got In School Suspension for 5 days. ha

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:24 PM
i don't know what you consider "****ing up", legally, no i have never messed up.

I guess the worst thing that I've ever been in trouble for, was "supposedly" harassing a gay kid my junior year in high school, and got In School Suspension for 5 days. ha

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

CrimsonJim
5/19/2009, 10:26 PM
Do I think he got a stiff enough punishment - NO. But he has served his time (almost) and will get his second chance.

Now if you want to argue about abortion, it sounds like you need to hang out in the SO. Plenty of pissin' matches in there for ya.

Now, I'm off to watch the rest of the bball game....

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:26 PM
lol i just teasing around.

and no i don't think Vick should be neutered, nor do i think women who abort children should be thrown in the Lions den. But seriously, people should think a little bit before they act. (myself included)

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:27 PM
lol i just teasing around.

and no i don't think Vick should be neutered, nor do i think women who abort children should be thrown in the Lions den. But seriously, people should think a little bit before they act. (myself included)

...stunned...the voice of reason surfaces again...

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:28 PM
...stunned...the voice of reason surfaces again...

just call me Joel Osteen. ;)

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 10:30 PM

How about jlew Osteen ???

Curly Bill
5/19/2009, 10:31 PM

How about we just call you dumas? :texan:

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:32 PM
How about jlew Osteen ???

hehehe,

It's all about "being a better you"

:D

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 10:38 PM
How about we just call you dumas? :texan:

easy now... , obama/Leroy lizard lover.

Crucifax Autumn
5/19/2009, 10:40 PM
I think he shoulda been hosting cat fights.

CrimsonJim
5/19/2009, 11:17 PM
Yes! I like watching the wimmins fight!! :D

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 11:19 PM
Michelle Obama vs Laura Bush ?

Laura 3:1 odds

Collier11
5/19/2009, 11:31 PM
poooorr effort...

the voice of alcoholism

Soonerus
5/19/2009, 11:33 PM
the voice of alcoholism

voice of a punk...

JLEW1818
5/19/2009, 11:59 PM
thanks...:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
5/20/2009, 12:08 AM
Michelle Obama vs Laura Bush ?

Laura 3:1 odds

Heh...you've never watched boxing have you? Whitey ALWAYS gets his *** kicked.

[lib poster]But Laura would kill her if she had a car and a few drinks![/lib poster] :D

Collier11
5/20/2009, 12:24 AM
voice of a punk...

voice of a impotency

NormanPride
5/20/2009, 07:52 AM
What a surprise, Rus speaks with ellipsis (ellipses? ellipsises?) and turns a potentially interesting thread into a pathetic slapfight. Can we please stop feeding the trolls here?

Back on topic, Vick could never get the deep ball right, and that's what AD needs to be a superstar.

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 08:52 AM
Hello. I'm a true, die-hard Minnesota Vikings fan. Been a hopeless fan since their best WR was Anthony Carter. That's BEFORE Cris Carter.

I do not want Michael Vick. I do not want Brett Favre. I do not want green eggs and ham.

I want a franchise QB, and if it means trading "untouchable" pieces then I'm all for it. You can't win in the NFL without solid QB play.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2009, 09:04 AM
Wade Wilson may have a few throws left in him...Maybe bring in David Palmer and Darrin Nelson....Hassan Jones, Steve Jordan

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 09:49 AM
Bring back Chris Doleman and Joey Browner and we'd be in good shape.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2009, 09:52 AM
along with Jesse Solomon at LB...

badger
5/20/2009, 09:54 AM
For AD's sake, I hope he gets a QB, a reliable O-line and some receivers so that he isn't burnt out at 30 like Barry Sanders.

For the Packers' sake, I hope the Vikings trade AD, continue having awful quarterbacks, move out of their dome so they can freeze like the other NFL North teams of note (sorry, Detroit, but you know you're not noteworthy) and lose a lot more.

Vick may have been the first QB to beat the Packers in the playoffs at home, but he is not the answer to the Vikings' QB woes.

swardboy
5/20/2009, 10:01 AM
Vick's qb rating was 75 his last year....srsly.

yermom
5/20/2009, 10:18 AM
well, maybe he'll be better now that he's down to one sport

NormanPride
5/20/2009, 10:23 AM
:D

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 10:30 AM
I think Vick ends up in New Orleans

soonerfan28
5/20/2009, 10:32 AM
If Vick were to actually wind up in Minnesota the only pass he needs to make is a dump pass to AD.

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 10:54 AM
He's not going to Minnesota, dude. The Vikings are trying to disassociate themselves from their party boat days.

Scooter McCade
5/20/2009, 11:41 AM
I believe that Vick has seen his last snap in the NFL already. If the new upstart UFL is clueless enough to sign him, he won't last any longer than the UFL - one season, in my humble opinion.
Best regards,
Scooter McCade

soonerfan28
5/20/2009, 11:43 AM
He's not going to Minnesota, dude. The Vikings are trying to disassociate themselves from their party boat days.

Yea, but they're also trying to bring back Brett Favre. They're desperate enough to try it.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2009, 11:50 AM
If he was a little older, Al Davis would sign him

meoveryouxinfinity
5/20/2009, 12:01 PM
$20 says Vick to the Cowboys..

You know how much Jerry loves wounded puppies...
whoops, wrong analogy? :D

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 01:01 PM
Yea, but they're also trying to bring back Brett Favre. They're desperate enough to try it.
The two aren't the same. Vick is a convicted felon, and the Vikings are trying to distance themselves from a VERY rough patch of players that dotted the roster about five years ago. They're not going to sign Public Enemy #1.

I just hope they don't sign Favre either.

Collier11
5/20/2009, 01:03 PM
Favre is the most overrated QB ever, he is great dont get me wrong. But he is not a top 10 QB all time, he makes too many dumb mistakes at crucial times

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 01:07 PM
I'm as anti-Favre as they come, but I'd like to see your list of ten QBs who are better than Brett. I've seen him carve up my Vikings enough times to know he's All-World.

But this is 2009, not 1999, and I don't want him.

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 01:09 PM
Favre is the most overrated QB ever, he is great dont get me wrong. But he is not a top 10 QB all time, he makes too many dumb mistakes at crucial times

maybe..

stat wise

most td passes in NFL history
most passing yards in NFL history
most completions in NFL history..

1 super bowl ring

Collier11
5/20/2009, 01:19 PM
Stats are vastly overrated. Like I said, he is a great qb but you dont throw the bad ints that he throws in crunch time and be a top ten qb

Sirus
5/20/2009, 01:21 PM
See what happens when you ask a simple question?

You get a rant thread.

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 01:37 PM
I'm not a big Favre fan myself. He's lucky Desmond Howard was on his team the year they won the superbowl

badger
5/20/2009, 01:42 PM
Favre is the most overrated QB ever

Now, now, mind your manners. He may not be the best quarterback in the league now (especially since he's technically retired), but he's held onto his career and starting position much longer than many of his peers and whether or not he puts up the same numbers that he did in his prime? Non-factor. He's Hall of Fame.

Collier11
5/20/2009, 01:46 PM
I never said he wasnt HOF, you dont listen :) By overrated I mean that when people call him one of the best qbs ever, I strongly disagree

badger
5/20/2009, 01:52 PM
I never said he wasnt HOF, you dont listen

How can I listen when all I do is read? :P

Collier11
5/20/2009, 01:54 PM
listen to what you are reading, duh!

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 02:11 PM
listen to what you are reading, duh!

http://kicktheballs.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/ear-closeup.jpg

Eh?

All_Day_28
5/20/2009, 03:32 PM
I think anyone who says he shouldnt get another shot is a Huge Hypocrite! What he did was horrible but no more so than beating your wife and all the other fun stuff pro athletes do

It is worse than beating your wife.

RedstickSooner
5/20/2009, 04:23 PM

Uh -- in the current NFL, you get suspended for slapping a woman. When was the last time a player got a quick second chance for honest-to-God rape?

Deliberately torturing an animal is up there at the top of the Sick-o-meter. There's a reason why most serial killers start out by doing the sort of things that were done to those dogs. It's because to do so requires a sociopath's lack of empathy, and/or sick desire to inflict pain.

It would be foolish of the NFL from a business standpoint to let him return. If they do, it'll only be because the player's union forces them to. Sadly, a decent number of players share the notion some posters have made. Namely, that it's not that big of a deal to torture a dog to death for the grave sin of not being willing or able to properly mutilate another dog.

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 04:25 PM
Uh -- in the current NFL, you get suspended for slapping a woman. When was the last time a player got a quick second chance for honest-to-God rape?

Deliberately torturing an animal is up there at the top of the Sick-o-meter. There's a reason why most serial killers start out by doing the sort of things that were done to those dogs. It's because to do so requires a sociopath's lack of empathy, and/or sick desire to inflict pain.

It would be foolish of the NFL from a business standpoint to let him return. If they do, it'll only be because the player's union forces them to. Sadly, a decent number of players share the notion some posters have made. Namely, that it's not that big of a deal to torture a dog to death for the grave sin of not being willing or able to properly mutilate another dog.

Don't worry Obama will make sure he gets back into the NFL. :eek:

RedstickSooner
5/20/2009, 04:27 PM
Oh, and as a side note, when I read the title of this thread, I thought the original poster was suggesting that they'd be a dual RB tandem, maybe running some modern variety of the 'bone.

After all, that'd make a lot more sense than putting Vick in the QB position. Now that he's fallen from grace, someone can finally force him to accept his natural position -- which is either wideout, or running back. Sure as Shi'ites ain't Quarterback.

RedstickSooner
5/20/2009, 04:28 PM
Don't worry Obama will make sure he gets back into the NFL. :eek:

Nuh-uh. He has to work on instituting a CFB playoff, first.

;)

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 04:34 PM

It aint worse than beating yer wife
however Most dog fighters Ive ever known have done both :mad:

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 04:36 PM
OleVet and Curly Bill in the same backfield.......

now that's dangerous

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 04:42 PM
The wife can defend herself by grabbing a gun and shooting your sorry ***.

Dogs are the most loving, caring and compassionate creatures to ever befriend man. I have no use for anyone who is unkind to a dog. None.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2009, 04:59 PM
my opinion on the matter...I'm not myopinionmatters

1. I don't think the NFL really cares about Vick or what he did. I'll continue to say the NFL could care less about its players or anything else. Its dollar bills. Thats why they fine players for hard hits and then put them all on a DVD and sell it for 19.99. They will let him in.

2. Mike Vick is gonna get a very minimal contract, not anywhere near what he was making. With the state of the league's quarterback play(pretty poor across the board), I wouldn't doubt any team bringing him on except for Minnesota, Atlanta, Indianapolis, and maybe the New York teams.

Collier11
5/20/2009, 05:05 PM

Strongly disagree and you wont find a bigger animal lover than myself

Dogs are the most loving, caring and compassionate creatures to ever befriend man. I have no use for anyone who is unkind to a dog. None.

I agree that she can defend herself and I agree what he did was horrible. All I am saying is that he deserves a 2nd chance, he served his time. If he screws up again then kick him out. And I am one that doesnt even think that Vick is that great of a qb

olevetonahill
5/20/2009, 05:10 PM

A ****in Pit Bull can defend itself to,
I aint defending what Vick did in the least but to say its "worse" than beatin yer wife is just stupid

CrimsonJim
5/20/2009, 06:13 PM

As deplorable as it may be, and while torturing animals is correlated as a precursor to serial killers, it still has not reached the level of beating one's wife. It may be a fine line that is easy for a sociopath to cross, but that line has not yet been crossed. As much of an animal lover as I am, there is still a clear distinction between humans and animals.

Seamus
5/20/2009, 09:22 PM
All I am saying is that he deserves a 2nd chance, he served his time.

I'll put it simply:

Why?

You seem to think that because someone thinks Vick doesn't deserve that chance, they're a hypocrite. Why?

I think playing in the NFL is a privilege. You do coke, or rob, or kill dogs or whatever -- you get that privilege revoked and get to try working like the rest of us.

Not a damn thing hypocritical about that stance.

Boy, I wish we had spek in the color of Rottweiler poo for just such a thread ...

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:23 PM

I am declaring you officially retarded....

Sooner04
5/20/2009, 09:33 PM
I am declaring you officially retarded....
A bigger badge of honor I've never worn.

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:34 PM
A bigger badge of honor I've never worn.

Congrats...I am glad to pin it on you...

NormanPride
5/20/2009, 09:51 PM
Make sure you don't hurt yourself with the pointy object, Rus.

Soonerus
5/20/2009, 09:56 PM
Make sure you don't hurt yourself with the pointy object, Rus.

I'll try...bandito !!!

Breadburner
5/20/2009, 09:57 PM
I'm a cat man my-self....

yermom
5/20/2009, 10:03 PM
yeah, their fights aren't as messy

Collier11
5/20/2009, 10:10 PM
I'll put it simply:

Why?

You seem to think that because someone thinks Vick doesn't deserve that chance, they're a hypocrite. Why?

I think playing in the NFL is a privilege. You do coke, or rob, or kill dogs or whatever -- you get that privilege revoked and get to try working like the rest of us.

Not a damn thing hypocritical about that stance.

Boy, I wish we had spek in the color of Rottweiler poo for just such a thread ...

I never said that, I said based off of the fact that others get 2nd chances in the NFL and other pro sports for less or equally bad things, based off of that he gets a 2nd chance and if you dont agree then I think that is BS. IF you personally dont think he should get a 2nd chance I have no issue with that, Im just basing my statement off of others who have gotten to come back.

OUNC06
5/20/2009, 10:31 PM
along with Jesse Solomon at LB...

You should trade all those guys for Herschel Walker. He would be a good backup to AD.

badger
5/21/2009, 07:31 AM
I'm a cat man my-self....

I used to be a cat too... rather, a catwoman, heh, but NP wanted dogs so now I babysit two dependent brats that like to eat everything I plant and dig holes in the lawn.

But yes, they are quite friendly and loving brats.

RedstickSooner
5/21/2009, 01:00 PM
Just to weigh in on the torturing dogs / beating your wife issue:

Oh, and just to preface this, it's WRONG to beat a bitch. Either kind.

1) Wives are free to go. They're seldom kept in cages.

2) Wives (and girlfriends) seldom just wake up one day to discover they've married an abusive scumbag. Usually they get plenty of warning -- and often it's the controlling, violent temper which is part of what attracts them to the scumbag in the first place.

Clearly, I'm blaming the victim here, but not to the extent as to excuse domestic battery. What I'm suggesting is that there's a different kind of sickness involved when you abuse something which is entirely at your mercy, as opposed to when you abuse a person who is, theoretically at least, an adult and capable of making her own decisions.

And, while I'm sure it sounds otherwise, I'm not suggesting that torturing dogs should be more heavily penalized by the courts. Actually, we've got to put human crimes at the top of the list. What I do suggest, however, is that it takes a sicker human being to abuse a pet. Such people should either receive treatment, or be put down. It's the only merciful way to behave.

Spousal abusers, on the other hand, are great candidates for incarceration. They're not crazy -- they're just arseholes. Prison is for arseholes. In all sorts of ways.

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 01:11 PM
People are ****ing weird
1st off these dogs that V and others beat and **** aint yer Household pet
they are Bred to be Vicious Killing animals:mad:
They are Not little FiFi doing tricks fer treats :rolleyes:
When the PoPos catch these maggots that Fight dogs the dogs should be put down , Its that simple
Now as far as the Wimmen beating thing gors
There is more than ONE type of cage.
and to say a woman can just walk away shows yer ignorance about the issue :mad:

Collier11
5/21/2009, 02:18 PM
When the PoPos catch these maggots that Fight dogs the dogs should be put down , Its that simple

Did you know Vet that all of the dogs from Vicks place were supposed to be put down, a guy who reabilitates abused and ex-fighter pit bulls lobbied to get them turned over to him. 49 were turned over to him and he rehabilitated 47. Not to get off topic but I dont think they always necessarily have to be put down and this proves it

yermom
5/21/2009, 02:33 PM
was it this guy?

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/02/Cesar_Milan.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2009, 02:40 PM
I hate that bastard....and my dogs do too...and he's brainwashed my wife into trying all his little tricks

Collier11
5/21/2009, 02:45 PM
no it was not Cesar, but his tricks do work

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2009, 02:47 PM
Cesar's dogs fought against vick's dogs.....they are like the bloods and crips of the dog world

Collier11
5/21/2009, 02:50 PM
heh

CrimsonJim
5/21/2009, 02:53 PM
So I take it you don't think Vick and AD will be in the same backfield? ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/21/2009, 02:59 PM
maybe they could remake the classic

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510VZMG8N0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Curly Bill
5/21/2009, 04:46 PM

I can hardly believe it, but I'm with 04 on this one, and I realize that puts me on the opposite side of the fence from my usual group....

WOW ....:confused:

olevetonahill
5/21/2009, 05:19 PM
Did you know Vet that all of the dogs from Vicks place were supposed to be put down, a guy who reabilitates abused and ex-fighter pit bulls lobbied to get them turned over to him. 49 were turned over to him and he rehabilitated 47. Not to get off topic but I dont think they always necessarily have to be put down and this proves it

Have any of you ever Had a Pit ?

Those ****ers are rehabilitated till something sets em off ,
End of storey

Ive had ONE got him from the Pound , most loving dog i ever had

Pissed me off when I had to kill him :mad:

Seamus
5/21/2009, 08:39 PM
Have any of you ever Had a Pit ?

Those ****ers are rehabilitated till something sets em off ,
End of storey

Ive had ONE got him from the Pound , most loving dog i ever had

Pissed me off when I had to kill him :mad:

Problem wasn't with the dog, it was with the owner.

Not implying you, necessarily -- but whoever raised that dog. People made that dog an unacceptable risk -- he wasn't born that way.

I say put down the people, and let the dog live.

I've got this big ol' black and brown monster that makes people **** themselves when they see him. We got him as a rescue. But we raised him to be a loving family member, and that's what he is. He looks ferocious, but he's the biggest vagine on Earth.

SoonerShark
5/22/2009, 07:23 PM

Dogged determination and doggie terminator?

soonerboomer93
5/22/2009, 08:00 PM
as I recall, studies indicate thatt pit bulls are actually less agressive then some other common breeds

i'd wouldn't be suprised if those little bastard chihuahua dogs didn't actually bite more people in a year then pit bulls

CrimsonJim
5/22/2009, 08:25 PM
The main difference being, when a chihuahua bites you, it doesn't take your face off.

http://pit-bull-awareness-center.christianfunfair.org/pitbulls_attack_50_yr_old_thief2.gif

Pit bulls and pit-bull crosses (not always easy to distinguish) have caused more than a third of the nation's dog-bite fatalities since 1979 and a comparable proportion of serious injuries. Link below:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/9_2_scared_of_pit.html

Seamus
5/22/2009, 08:51 PM
That should have happened to Michael Vick.

CrimsonJim
5/22/2009, 09:11 PM
I'm not disagreeing with that either....

olevetonahill
5/22/2009, 11:11 PM
You go ahead and trust one of em I aint gonna
a friend has several hes been sued twice cause they took big ole chunks out of little girls In HIS house
He raised em from pups as House dogs
Sorry but that BS of " If they are Raised rite" carp dont wash with me .
when those ****ers Snap they Biting someone hard .

soonerboomer93
5/23/2009, 11:52 AM
The main difference being, when a chihuahua bites you, it doesn't take your face off.

http://pit-bull-awareness-center.christianfunfair.org/pitbulls_attack_50_yr_old_thief2.gif

Pit bulls and pit-bull crosses (not always easy to distinguish) have caused more than a third of the nation's dog-bite fatalities since 1979 and a comparable proportion of serious injuries. Link below:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/9_2_scared_of_pit.html

the question is though, does the breed in and of itself have a propensity for violence, or is that something that has been trained (and somewhat bred) into it?

In reading just the intro to the article you provided, it was the owners training the dogs to be more aggressive

yermom
5/23/2009, 11:58 AM
any dog can be aggressive, but not every dog is that powerful

i'm not gonna tell someone what kinda dog to have, but you better know what the **** you're doing with any dog that can hurt people without much effort

soonerboomer93
5/23/2009, 12:02 PM
I used to be a cat too... rather, a catwoman.

Michelle Pfieffer
Halle Berry
or
Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, and Eartha Kitt

style?

olevetonahill
5/23/2009, 03:16 PM
the question is though, does the breed in and of itself have a propensity for violence, or is that something that has been trained (and somewhat bred) into it?

In reading just the intro to the article you provided, it was the owners training the dogs to be more aggressive

IMHO they are one of the most Loving dogs around
till they snap, then they hurt or Kill
and go right back to being a big baby.

My friends Dogs were raised as house dogs ,to be pets .
then tore hell outta 2 lil girls
Yall trust em if ya want

CrimsonJim
5/23/2009, 04:42 PM

I'm not being a smart @$$, but I don't know, and I don't really care. Those dogs cannot be trusted. Like Vet said, even those that are raised as pets will snap & hurt people sooner or later. If you want to trust them around your kids or neighborhood kids, so be it. But if I see one of those fuggers w/o a leash, I have a bullet with its name on it.

Curly Bill
5/23/2009, 05:21 PM
I'm not being a smart @$$, but I don't know, and I don't really care. Those dogs cannot be trusted. Like Vet said, even those that are raised as pets will snap & hurt people sooner or later. If you want to trust them around your kids or neighborhood kids, so be it. But if I see one of those fuggers w/o a leash, I have a bullet with its name on it.

Not necessarily so. You say this like it's an inevitability, is that what you intended to say? That every pit bull will eventually snap?

Collier11
5/23/2009, 05:40 PM
not true at all, there are plenty of pits that are good life long pets, its all about how you raise them and treat them

Curly Bill
5/23/2009, 05:41 PM
not true at all, there are plenty of pits that are good life long pets, its all about how you raise them and treat them

Agreed.

CrimsonJim
5/23/2009, 11:03 PM
My friends Dogs were raised as house dogs ,to be pets .
then tore hell outta 2 lil girls
Yall trust em if ya want

Not necessarily so. You say this like it's an inevitability, is that what you intended to say? That every pit bull will eventually snap?

Naturally, I cannot say that every Pit will snap, but they are more prone to do so. Vet's story above is only another example of this.

I've had Rotts, Huskies, Chows, & Labs and have had friends with those, Dobies, Boxers & Shepards. On occasion with some of them, I've had to physically "line them out." It may be my inexperience with Pits, but I don't think that's one critter I'd want to mix it up with much w/o a weapon. Do you guys personally own a Pit?

Curly Bill
5/23/2009, 11:05 PM
I've had neighbors that owned them on more than one occassion. My miniature-pinchser was meaner...seriously.

MiccoMacey
5/27/2009, 03:43 PM
It'd be crazy interesting if Vick came back as a Viking...not sure he'll ever be an elite QB without improving dramatically in his passing/reading defenses game, but the thought of he and Adrian in the same backfield would have to be plenty scary.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 03:45 PM
He was never an elite QB before, I think he could probably go back and be a decent to good qb

soonerfan28
5/27/2009, 04:31 PM
Michael Vick is one of the greatest QB's ever and here's the proof.:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu8XNJmQsCI

MiccoMacey
5/27/2009, 06:43 PM
He was never an elite QB before, I think he could probably go back and be a decent to good qb

That's what I'm saying...he's not an elite QB.

But if he developed a passing game to go with his running skills, THEN he'd be an elite QB.

Or, if he was a ninja.

Collier11
5/27/2009, 06:46 PM
he already has the black part down so now he just needs the skillz ;)

SCxxSOONER
5/27/2009, 10:39 PM
Do I think he got a stiff enough punishment - NO. But he has served his time (almost) and will get his second chance.

Now if you want to argue about abortion, it sounds like you need to hang out in the SO. Plenty of pissin' matches in there for ya.

Now, I'm off to watch the rest of the bball game....

Id say 2 yrs in prison is a pretty stiff darn stiff punishment