PDA

View Full Version : Games I'll watch, weeks 1-3

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 04:20 PM
Games I’m looking forward to watch. Weeks 1-3.

This list excludes all Sooner games; obviously I’ll watch and or be at all of those. (Sam that was for you, anyone get it? Hehe)

Week 1

Thursday Night

South Carolina @ North Carolina State
- Hell it’s the first game of the College Football season, who won’t be watching????

Oregon @ Boise State

-after last year’s loss at home, Oregon should make this game interesting on the blue/gay field.

Friday Night

Tulsa @ Tulane
- We (Sooners) do play Tulsa this year, it would be nice for them to win every game, besides us.

Saturday

Maryland @ California
- Should be an interesting game. I counted Maryland out last year in their bowl game, and they bit me in the ***.

Colorado State @ Colorado
- I always enjoy watching these 2 play each other, this early in the season.

Baylor @ Wake Forest
- I don’t know about you guys, but I’ll probably be rooting for Baylor every game this season, except one. Griffin is a stud, and I want to watch the boy dominate games this year.

Georgia @ Oklahoma State
- When is the last time these 2 played each other??? Georgia lost a bunch of key players. The Pokes come off an embarrassing loss last December. I have a feeling the Pokes will be ready, Gameday might open the season in Stoolwater.

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
- Gameday also might be at this one. Don’t think this game is big? The loser will be eliminated from BCS Title talk.

Sunday

Mississippi @ Memphis
- Hell NFL won’t be on yet, I gotta watch something….
Monday

Miami @ Florida State
- These teams are pretty much evenly matched…. I’ll take Florida State at home

Cincinnati @ Rutgers
- Should be a great Big East game…… if there is such a thing..

Week 2

Thursday

Clemson @ Georgia Tech
- ….. Is it just me, or do most of you guys just hate Clemson for some reason??? I do, and I don’t know why.

Friday

Colorado @ Toledo
- Again, prlly a crappy game, but hell what else is there to do? I’ll probably be in the drunkythread with my Posse.

Saturday

North Carolina @ UCONN

Iowa @ Iowa State… why not?

South Carolina @ Georgia
- This could end up being a great game. SS usually plays Georgia well.

Notre Dame @ Michigan
- These 2 coaches are on the bubble. Especially tubby up in South Bend. I’ll take Michigan at home in a close one. I will definitely be watching this game.

Houston @ Oklahoma State
- Maybe Coach Kevin Sumlin can pull the upset….

East Carolina @ West Virginia
- I just have this feeling it will be a good game.

UCLA @ Tennessee
- Lane Kiffin should be excited about this one, because a brutal SEC schedule is near.

Texas @ Wyoming?????? What the hell were they thinking…. Won’t be watching this one.

USC @ Ohio State
- Gameday lock. Should be a good one. I’d like to see USC beat them. B/c I see USC losing a couple conference games this upcoming season. It would be nice for Ohio State to lose. B/c they could run the table, in their weak conference.

Week 3

Thursday

Georgia Tech @ Miami

Friday

Boise State @ Fresno State
- Should be some points in this one
Saturday

West Virginia @ Auburn

Cincinnati @ Oregon State

UCONN @ Baylor
- Go bears

Nebraska @ Virginia Tech
- Hmmmm

Michigan State @ Notre Dame
-Should be a real good one.

Utah @ Oregon

Florida State @ BYU
- Go BYU, make us look good, since we will prlly kill yall.

Texas Tech @ Texas
- Will be watching this game. I have a feeling texas will beat the living **** outta them. If texas drops this game, their season is over, and they will give up. Gameday lock, book it.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2009, 04:22 PM
pokes will beat the bulldogs

jumperstop
5/18/2009, 05:02 PM
Georgia @ Oklahoma State
- When is the last time these 2 played each other??? Georgia lost a bunch of key players. The Pokes come off an embarrassing loss last December. I have a feeling the Pokes will be ready, Gameday might open the season in Stoolwater.

like two seasons ago they played each other for the season opener...

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 05:06 PM
like two seasons ago they played each other for the season opener...

Thank u.

I'm assuming it was at Georgia?

NormanPride
5/18/2009, 05:17 PM
USC @ Ohio State
- Gameday lock. Should be a good one. I’d like to see USC beat them. B/c I see USC losing a couple conference games this upcoming season. It would be nice for Ohio State to lose. B/c they could run the table, in their weak conference.

Are you nuts? If Iowa shanks that damn field goal against PSU, we'd be celebrating #8 in a blowout victory over the Nittany Lions. I relish the idea that a crappy Big 10 team makes the title game, as long as we win out and Florida doesn't.

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 05:19 PM
Are you nuts? If Iowa shanks that damn field goal against PSU, we'd be celebrating #8 in a blowout victory over the Nittany Lions. I relish the idea that a crappy Big 10 team makes the title game, as long as we win out and Florida doesn't.

That's what I mean. It would be nice for Ohio State to drop one early, because we all know usc is gonna lose a couple this year. I don't think its worth the risk to want ohio state to go undefeated, incase we lose 1 and florida loses 1, because florida will get it..... then again we can't control that...

NormanPride
5/18/2009, 05:31 PM
If a Big 10 team loses a game, it's out. Nobody respects that conference anymore.

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 05:35 PM
right, I'd love to play Ohio State in a National Title game.

But then having Ohio State lose to USC and USC lose to someone in the pac 10, is a safer bet for us to get there!

goingoneight
5/18/2009, 06:30 PM
I'll go into my game room-hibernation state until January at the kickoff of the first game. :D

Nah... seriously... I'll go outside a time or two. To watch parties and OU/TX. :D

AlbqSooner
5/18/2009, 07:28 PM
Clemson @ Georgia Tech
- ….. Is it just me, or do most of you guys just hate Clemson for some reason??? I do, and I don’t know why.

Clemson was the last team to beat a Switzer coached Sooner team.

soonerinabilene
5/18/2009, 07:29 PM
UCONN @ Baylor
- Go bears

This one should be a very good game. Man, its weird typing that i think a baylor game is going to be good, but i said on this board when they got Briles that he would turn them around.

ouleaf
5/18/2009, 07:30 PM
Gameday might open the season in Stoolwater.

There has to be a better game then that for them to be at.

tigepilot
5/18/2009, 08:41 PM
Clemson @ Georgia Tech

All you have to know is that they wear orange. Is there ANY college football team that wears orange or claims to wear orange (had to say that last part because there's no way that the color Tex* wears is orange) worth liking?

NormanPride
5/19/2009, 08:14 AM
There has to be a better game then that for them to be at.

They'll be at Bama/VT. Nobody cares about OU's little sister playing the Missouri of the SEC.

Scooter McCade
5/20/2009, 11:33 AM
I"m with you on most of those games - you got some great selections in there. Prediction (and I'm from Maryland) California gets revenge on Maryland in Berkeley. Boise State beats Oregon since they hardly ever lose in Boise, Miami at FSU always a barnburner but I wouldn't want to pick it, West Virginia takes revenge on East Carolina for last year's debacle. Am hoping the Crimson Tide knock off hated (at least to me) Virginia Tech.

Regards,
Scooter

jumperstop
5/20/2009, 01:48 PM
All you have to know is that they wear orange. Is there ANY college football team that wears orange or claims to wear orange (had to say that last part because there's no way that the color Tex* wears is orange) worth liking?

I definitely hate them because of thier stupid *** colors. Orange and purple? Who the hell thinks that looks tough? And the stupid little jr. high looking logo on thier helmets. It's like thier trying to be LSU, they bastardize thier gold and purple, call themselves the tigers, and even call thier stadium death valley. I hate LSU so i'm for sure going to hate any team that imitates them.

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 01:55 PM
I definitely hate them because of thier stupid *** colors. Orange and purple? Who the hell thinks that looks tough? And the stupid little jr. high looking logo on thier helmets. It's like thier trying to be LSU, they bastardize thier gold and purple, call themselves the tigers, and even call thier stadium death valley. I hate LSU so i'm for sure going to hate any team that imitates them.

good point.

G8trGr8t
5/20/2009, 03:33 PM
Nobody wants to watch UF embarass Kiffen in week 3? I thought everybody hated that do nothing, never did nothing, Monte is my daddy, lok at me, windbag.

Don't discount Ga. They have a lot of talent on their OL and defense and a lot of very talented young rb's.

Anybody think that Wyoming might sucker punch SEXAT and catch them unprepared for a big upset. I am watching the line on that one and might lay down some coin if it pushes up over ten.

edit: Damn, I'm red again. What did I do to deserve that?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2009, 03:40 PM
Georgia has a lot of talent every year...With osu returning virtually everybody on O, and this being at their house, they will win the game...

Honestly, most of us could care less about Tenn...Well me anyway...until we have that home and home with them

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 03:44 PM
Nobody wants to watch UF embarass Kiffen in week 3? I thought everybody hated that do nothing, never did nothing, Monte is my daddy, lok at me, windbag.

Don't discount Ga. They have a lot of talent on their OL and defense and a lot of very talented young rb's.

Anybody think that Wyoming might sucker punch SEXAT and catch them unprepared for a big upset. I am watching the line on that one and might lay down some coin if it pushes up over ten.

edit: Damn, I'm red again. What did I do to deserve that?

my guess for the opening line will be like, texas - 28

last year, week 1. usc was a 20 point favorite playing at Virginia.

If I saw the line under 20, I would jump on it in a heart beat, in favor of texas.

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/20/2009, 04:10 PM
I usually watch every game

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 04:14 PM
I usually watch every game

I'm in Denver right now... lets drink!!!!

RedstickSooner
5/20/2009, 04:32 PM

God, how I wished PSU had won out.

JLEW1818
5/20/2009, 04:35 PM
God, how I wished PSU had won out.

yep. i was in college station at the OU game... we all were checking our phones, and cheering when Iowa won...... lol at the time we were already beating the aggies by like 40, with a couple minutes left in the game. .... they didn't know what the hell we were cheering for.... the aggie ushers faces were priceless...

at the time, we wanted Penn State to lose.

NormanPride
5/20/2009, 09:59 PM
Who knew we'd beat Florida AND Texas in the BCS regardless of what PSU did? Man, stupid Iowa. Kirk Ferentz is the worst coach in the history of football.

JLEW1818
5/22/2009, 03:22 PM
yep

JLEW1818
5/22/2009, 03:29 PM
WEEKS 4-6

Week 4

Thursday

Mississippi @ South Carolina
- Go ahead and look up the home record for teams playing on Thursday nights, last year.

Friday

Missouri @ Nevada
- Nevada fans will be pumped for this one, but I guess it’s a good thing if each big 12 school wins all their non-conference games?

Saturday

Ball State @ Auburn
- I wonder if the Ball State passing offense will freak out the steady Auburn defense.

South Florida @ Florida State
- Blood Bath

Arizona State @ Georgia
- Remember how big this game was supposed to be last year? Each team got worse.

Florida @ Kentucky
- I don’t think it will be an upset, but I’m going to watch for it. Should be an early game.

Arizona @ Oregon State
- I’d like to see Mike pull this one out.

TCU @ Clemson
- The battle of the purple people eaters. Haha. I like TCU, I think Dalton gets it done.

Miami @ Virginia Tech
- Bad week of football should be one of the better games.

Arkansas @ Alabama
- Time to see what Ryan Mallett is made of.

California @ Oregon
- Should be a good pac 10 game, if there is such a thing

Iowa @ Penn State
- The game that changed everything last season. I wonder if Joe ever remembers it ?

Texas Tech @ Houston
- Like I said earlier it’s good if all big 12 teams win their non-conference games, but screw it, go coach Sumlin. (He won me some big bucks against Air Force last year in the bowl game.)

Week 5 – overall a pretty bad week of football.

Wednesday

Hawaii @ Louisiana Tech
- Hell its football on Wednesday night, what else is there to do? Take the home team.

Thursday

Colorado @ West Virginia
- Pay back game, I’m sure. Take the home team on Thursdays, usually.

Friday

Pittsburgh @ Louisville

Utah State @ BYU

- Take your pick

Saturday

Texas Aggies Vs. Arkansas
- Not only do the Sooners get to play at Jerry’s World, but the Aggies do too. I wonder what the horns really think about that?

LSU @ Georgia
- I guess I’m pulling for Georgia here; anything that hurts Florida is good.

South Carolina State @ South Carolina
- oops
Auburn @ Tennessee
- I think Lane can pull the home game off.

Tulsa @ Rice
- Bri, this one is for you. Should be some points in this one.

USC @ California
- The beginning of the fall for the Trojans conference schedule…?

Week 6

Thursday

Nebraska @ Missouri
- National spot light for the Big 12. Remember what I said about home teams on Thursday nights.

Friday

Louisiana Tech @ Nevada
- Again its Friday, nothing else is on. I’ll probably bet the over on this game, just so I will have something to do.

Saturday

Alabama @ Mississippi
- Does the winner of this game win the SEC West?

Oklahoma State @ Texas Aggies
- The aggies can always put up a fight at home. I’m still surprised we killed them last year on their home field. I like Zack Robinson to win this game in the fourth quarter.

Colorado @ Texas
- Give us a damn upset, why not? Doubtful, but this game could be a trap game; texas does play a team from Norman the following weekend.

Boston College @ Virginia Tech
- It seems this is always a game worth watching.

Georgia @ Tennessee
- Lane might get an *** whopping here.

Kansas State @ Texas Tech
- Wonder what the mad scientist will have up his sleeve.

Florida @ LSU
- Ohhhhhhh my!!!! If your a football fan and you don’t watch this game…. Well…. Anyhow, this will be one of the top 3 biggest hyped Conference games of the season… Preview of the SEC championship? Probably not, considering Ole Miss and Alabama don’t have to play Florida. But if somehow LSU pulls this off, the BCS computers will once again be going crazy down the road. Oh ya, and Gameday will be here.

Lasagna
5/22/2009, 03:50 PM
WEEKS 4-6

South Carolina State @ South Carolina
- Did anyone watch the SCS QB in the bowl game last year? He is a stud, very bright future.

???

JLEW1818
5/22/2009, 03:52 PM
lol. dammit. that was north Carolina state ... man this game sucks now

good catch my friend.