PDA

View Full Version : What's next years starting 5 look like now?

soonerfan28
5/18/2009, 10:11 AM
With JP off the team and knowing what the roster looks like do we have any projections as to what the starting 5 will be? I'll go w/

Orlando Allen
Tiny Gallon
Tony Crocker
Willie Warren
TMG

badger
5/18/2009, 10:19 AM
That looks good to me, but don't put it past some of the other guys to really step up their workouts this summer to try to squeak in the starting 5.

Cade Davis seemed on the verge of being the first guy off the bench a few times. If he can improve his defense and make his shot a sure-thing (or at least close), he might be taking Crocker's spot.

soonervegas
5/18/2009, 09:26 PM
That's a lot of booty at the 4 and 5 position.

Curly Bill
5/18/2009, 09:29 PM
What will the starting 5 look like...?

I'm gonna say that they'll be tall, athletic looking, prolly darker complexioned than myself, wear shorts and tank tops, basketball shoes....

thatmediadude
5/18/2009, 10:19 PM
I'm going to go with:

C- Andrew Fitzgerald
PF Tiny Gallon
SF Tony Crocker
SG Willie Warren
PG Tommy Mason Griffin

I think Fitzgerald has a chance to be a Longar Longar type player, right now. I've watched videos and heard a lot about his leaping abilities. He's a banger and not afraid of contact. If he can average 9-10 pts and 9-10 reb, we'll be fine for 09-10. We MUST have a huge year from Willie, though. No excuses.

Eielson
5/18/2009, 11:07 PM
Mason-Griffin, Crocker, Warren, and Gallon are basically locks. The 5 spot is up for grabs. With Chupacabra and Cannon gone, I guess the only three options are Fitzgerald, Hardrick, and Allen. It likely won't be Hardrick.

Oh wait, is Beau Gerber back?!

soonerfan28
5/19/2009, 09:48 AM
I think Allen gets the nod at the 5. TG raved about how well he was doing towards the end of last season. If he can improve even more then he could help make upu for the loss of the Griffins. Also, if we could get some of these guys out to CA for workouts over the summer then we could see some huge improvemnets.