PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate NBA Dream Team...

OU_Sooners75
5/17/2009, 10:05 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/177270-the-ultimate-nba-dream-team

If you disagree with any of it, comment here or there.

Curly Bill
5/17/2009, 10:07 PM
Duncan and Chamberlain should be on the 1st team ahead of Malone and Kareem for starters.

No pun intended.

Sooner04
5/17/2009, 10:49 PM
If his list does not include Oscar Robertson then I cannot include him on the list of competent NBA scribes.

OU_Sooners75
5/18/2009, 12:41 AM
If his list does not include Oscar Robertson then I cannot include him on the list of competent NBA scribes.

Sorry oh great and masterful being.

STFU you tool...this is my list and therefore my opinion.

If you do not like it, then post your own list.

BTW, unlike your wannabe articles here. I do not claim or proclaim myself as a basketball guru or sribe.

Scott D
5/18/2009, 05:02 AM
Well fine I shall.

PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Julius Irving
PF: Bill Russell
C: Wilt Chamberlain

2nd team

PG: Earvin Johnson
SG: Pete Maravich
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Elvin Hayes
C: Lew Alcindor (yeah I'm being difficult)

In today's game Russell would run a good chance of being a PF instead of a C. However, if I had to make Bill the C of the 2nd team then Hayes would move to first team and Bob Pettit would be 2nd team.

Sooner04
5/18/2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry oh great and masterful being.

STFU you tool...this is my list and therefore my opinion.

If you do not like it, then post your own list.

BTW, unlike your wannabe articles here. I do not claim or proclaim myself as a basketball guru or sribe.
Sorry, Tim. I didn't realize that was your article. I thought it was from some national blogger. I'm no basketball guru. Just a fan.

I still think Oscar Robertson needs to be on there.

Sooner04
5/18/2009, 11:00 AM
Well fine I shall.

PG: Oscar Robertson
SF: Julius Erving
PF: Bill Russell
C: Wilt Chamberlain
That's a pretty good list right there. If I were to make a change I'd probably replace The Doctor with Larry Bird. I wish we could've seen The Doctor at his absolute best in the NBA instead of the ABA.

In my opinion, Larry Bird might be the best "pure" basketball player who ever lived. To do what he did without being blessed with much athletic ability was just remarkable. He understood and played the game on a level that few have ever come close to attaining.

1890MilesToNorman
5/18/2009, 11:31 AM
PG: Tom thumb
SG: Bilbo
SF: Merry
PF: Pippin
C: Frodo

Barnum as coach.

What a side show that would be.

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 01:02 PM
Tim Duncan is the best Power Forward ever.

My list:

PG: Magic Johnson
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Tim Duncan
C : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/Wilt

If that was team in each of their prime... wow

Scott D
5/18/2009, 01:36 PM
I still think one of the best quotes I ever heard was from Wilt who said something along the lines of "If they kept stats on blocked shots when (Bill) Russell and I played, we would have averaged a triple double every year."

Eielson
5/18/2009, 05:49 PM
Tim Duncan is the best Power Forward ever.

It really depends how you divide centers and big men. If I were making a dream team I wouldn't divide it into "power forward" and "center." I'd just throw all post players together. In that case, I wouldn't have Duncan in there.

It would have been awesome if David Robinson had been in his prime when Duncan got there.

JLEW1818
5/18/2009, 06:12 PM
It really depends how you divide centers and big men. If I were making a dream team I wouldn't divide it into "power forward" and "center." I'd just throw all post players together. In that case, I wouldn't have Duncan in there.

It would have been awesome if David Robinson had been in his prime when Duncan got there.

agree.

arnold
6/17/2009, 02:40 AM
In my opinion, Larry Bird might be the best "pure" basketball player who ever lived. To do what he did without being blessed with much athletic ability was just remarkable.

Sooner04
6/17/2009, 08:57 AM
Is there an echo in here?

Eielson
6/17/2009, 02:23 PM
In my opinion, Larry Bird might be the best "pure" basketball player who ever lived. To do what he did without being blessed with much athletic ability was just remarkable.

Is there an echo in here?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/17/2009, 02:34 PM
In my opinion, Sam Perkins might be the best "pure" basketball player who ever lived. To do what he did without being blessed with much athletic ability was just remarkable.

JLEW1818
6/17/2009, 03:01 PM
PG: Magic
SG: MJ
SF: Bird
C/F: Wilt
C/F: Kareem

beat that!

Scott D
6/17/2009, 04:19 PM
*yawn* we done already beat that with my starting 5.