PDA

View Full Version : Pattillo dismissed from OU squad

Jay C. Upchurch
5/17/2009, 06:46 PM
NORMAN, Okla. - University of Oklahoma men's basketball head coach Jeff Capel announced today that junior Juan Pattillo has been dismissed from the OU squad for violating team policy.

Pattillo, a 6-6, 216-pound forward from Las Vegas, Nev., played in 18 games this past season and averaged 6.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocked shots in 15.0 minutes per outing. He scored a high of 15 points against Kansas Feb. 23 and grabbed a high of 10 rebounds against Baylor Feb. 11. Over OU's four NCAA Tournament games, he averaged 3.3 points and 3.0 boards.

Capel said that he will have no comment on the matter.

OU SID Report

picasso
5/17/2009, 07:13 PM
pathetic.

OUbasketball4life
5/17/2009, 07:14 PM
Hmm wonder what happened. It's being made clear though that coach capel is not putting up with any mess and is making it clear that it's a privlege to play at OU. I will miss seeing juan play for OU next year but best wishes to him and whatever he decides to do.

goingoneight
5/17/2009, 07:16 PM
get yer shyat together, Jew-won. Best wishes in your future.

yermom
5/17/2009, 08:03 PM
:(

will miss him on the defensive side. that's kinda left out there in the stats

soonervegas
5/17/2009, 08:32 PM
The rumor mill I have heard says something to the effect of going to class. Sounds like a pretty good team rule....:)

Boomer.....
5/17/2009, 08:54 PM
Not totally surprising.

bent rider
5/17/2009, 11:09 PM
The rumor mill I have heard says something to the effect of going to class. Sounds like a pretty good team rule....:)

Given the time of the year (end of the semester grades being posted) I kinda figure it has to be an academic issue of some kind. Seemed like Patillio had some real good potential even if he was still a bit inconsistent. Good for Coach Capel to take a hard line on academics, though.

HappyClappyMackBrown
5/18/2009, 10:55 AM
Actually he was caught stealing.

badger
5/18/2009, 11:07 AM

Oh dear... more makeup from Wal-mart? Well, I won't jump to conclusions until it's reported.

I had a feeling that there was a deeper reason why Capel wasn't playing Juan more late in the tourney. Regardless, I wish Juan well and hope he gets his academics in order

OUbasketball4life
5/18/2009, 03:41 PM
any chance Capel goes after Lance Stephenson?

the_ouskull
5/18/2009, 07:46 PM

Stealing what, a scholarship?

Link?

the_ouskull

tommieharris91
5/18/2009, 08:39 PM
any chance Capel goes after Lance Stephenson?

Born Ready sounds like a cancer for whoever gets him.

Sooner04
5/18/2009, 09:01 PM
chupacabra..........

SOONER STEAKER
5/18/2009, 09:10 PM
chupacabra..........

After leaving the Bacardi plant in Santurce PR, I saw the Chupacabra, it had big red eyes and a hook em' horns sign upside down on it's forehead. It was an OKLAHOMA fan for sure.

If it wasn't the Chupacabra, it was the Bacardi!!

w0lfe
6/5/2009, 10:13 AM
I dunno about the whole stealing part but I know for a fact attendance was a reason. I had him in my tennis elective this past semester and he went maybe 4 times the whole semester and he didnt even show up for the final in there. And the 4 times he did go to class, he never brought any kind of tennis stuff and just stood around and talked on his phone til it was time to leave.

Jello Biafra
6/5/2009, 01:52 PM
I dunno about the whole stealing part but I know for a fact attendance was a reason. I had him in my tennis elective this past semester and he went maybe 4 times the whole semester and he didnt even show up for the final in there. And the 4 times he did go to class, he never brought any kind of tennis stuff and just stood around and talked on his phone til it was time to leave.

you KNOW you just opened up a whole slew of doors....we're going to be beating the longwhorns out of here with boat oars.

sifa123
6/29/2009, 02:12 AM
NORMAN, Okla. - University of Oklahoma men's basketball head coach Jeff Capel announced today that junior Juan Pattillo has been dismissed from the Insurance Quotes (http://www.compuquotes.com) squad for violating team policy.

Pattillo, a 6-6, 216-pound forward from Las Vegas, Nev., played in 18 games this past season and averaged 6.2 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.1 blocked shots in 15.0 minutes per outing. He scored a high of 15 points against Kansas Feb. 23 and grabbed a high of 10 rebounds against Baylor Feb. 11. Over OU's four NCAA Tournament games,Atlanta Ediscovery (http://www.myglobaldiscovery.com) he averaged 3.3 points and 3.0 boards.

Capel said that he will have no comment on the matter.

OU SID Report
It's being made clear though that coach capel is not putting up with any mess and is making it clear that it's a privlege to play at OU.