PDA

View Full Version : The worm has turned

walkoffsooner
5/16/2009, 09:43 PM
Went to a graduation in Durant today. Rumor has it that the worm Dennis Rodman offered to build a new gym, if they named it after him. They declined the offer. I would have taken it and named it screw loose stadium or something like that. How about you?

Curly Bill
5/16/2009, 09:46 PM
I knew Rodman when he was at S.E.O.S.U.

He didn't have a screw loose at the time. :D

....but they've needed a new gym for a long time, hell yeah I woulda done it.

badger
5/18/2009, 07:14 AM
Rodman, huh? I watched him on Celebrity Apprentice this past season and they depicted him as someone that has a weakness for alcohol... and for going on little quiet rants about other people nearby. But, we all know reality shows can edit to their heart's content to make the nicest person seem like da debil.

If Rodman truly has turned his life around from the techie-prone bad boy that he was known as in the NBA, then I don't see what Durant would decline this offer if they badly need a new gym. Maybe they're expecting funds for a new gym in the stimulus?

Scott D
5/18/2009, 01:39 PM
Rodman is an alcoholic, he's been fighting that demon since his days as one of the "Bad Boys". The story about him sitting in his car outside of the Silverdome contemplating suicide with a shotgun in the car is true.

He's also developed the habit of late of being a "dine and dash" type.

Sooner04
5/18/2009, 01:56 PM
Dennis Rodman is the greatest rebounder of my lifetime. He's gone completely off the deep end, but I'll never forget his ability to clean the glass. Truly one of the greats in that department.

Scott D
5/18/2009, 03:24 PM
I think of all the wonderful stat lines that were common place for him

2pts 1-6 fg 0-0 ft 11 off.reb 14 def reb. 25 tot. reb. 3 st 2 to 1 as 4 pf