View Full Version : Migrant workers sue an Arkie Farmer

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 07:12 AM
Say things were so deplorable that they cant work there No more
Course this is after they worked there for the Past 3 seasons :rolleyes:
http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2009/05/14/news/news051409_14.txt

SanJoaquinSooner
5/15/2009, 07:21 AM
The H2A and H2B worker visa programs are highly dysfunctional and badly in need of reform. No wonder there are so many workers illegally present.

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 07:31 AM
But jaun , If things were so bad why the **** they keep coming back ?

King Crimson
5/15/2009, 07:43 AM
But jaun , If things were so bad why the **** they keep coming back ?

conditions being deplorable are one thing. having your documentation confiscated and *not being paid* (depending on the timing--as in this season vs. the other years)....are a different matter. IMO.

and the white man is the devil and had ensnared their minds with promises of iPods, minvans and Jessica Simpson up to that point.

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 07:51 AM
At least they were here legally
But come on to Get mad after they already been doing it fer the past 3 seasons?

King Crimson
5/15/2009, 07:57 AM
At least they were here legally
But come on to Get mad after they already been doing it fer the past 3 seasons?

yeah, but if they got paid the first 3 years (I assume they did) and not the last year....that's a significant change in the "work environment". the whole point is to get paid.

I don't know the specifics, jus sayin' not getting paid and having your means to prove legality confiscated could be a breaking point for me.

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 08:00 AM
From what I read they aint workin there this year
so If they dint get paid the last 3 years why they come back the 2nd and 3rd ?
now If they dint get paid Last year why they just now suing fer they Monies ?
:confused:

King Crimson
5/15/2009, 08:11 AM
heck if i know. i just don't think it's necessarily a black/white issue. i've known a lot of mexicans working in kitchens and most of them are really good guys and many i consider really good buddies....who have been jerked around in workplace situations because of the color of their skin and/or nationality. legal or not. sometimes in some pretty despicable ways.

i don't know about big farming labor but restaurant industry gets a lot of guys from construction who are flat tired of getting jerked around, getting underpaid, shorted hours and whatnot....who, despite 10 or 15 years hammering nails, are more than happy to chop tomatoes or wash dishes (to start out)...with the prospect of being trained to really cook and move up...than the BS they put up with from contractors and such who screw em over.

i realize that this isn't a very messican friendly board at times, but that's my experience. i don't have any axe to grind, so that's all i have to say about the article. not enough there to really know what's going on.

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 08:17 AM
Im Not Anti messican at all
Inspite of some of the things I spout off :D
I agree that If a Person works they should be treated with dignity and Paid the wage they agreed to work for Regardless of Race, creed , sex or nationality.

My point here is I thot it was funny that after returning for 3 years to work for this Farmer they decide they are Not gonna work this year and sue him instead

Sounds to me like some Libs got they panties in a wad :D

TheHumanAlphabet
5/15/2009, 08:28 AM
oooo, their passports were confiscated. Hope they don't plan on working in the middle east as all contract workers have their passports confiscated and you don't get it back until you have fulfilled your contract or you are on your 30 days vacation after working 2+ years...

King Crimson
5/15/2009, 09:28 AM
great analogy. impressive, in its complete irrationality.

StoopTroup
5/15/2009, 11:05 AM
I think Juan is stalking you OV. :D

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 11:06 AM
I think Juan is stalking you OV. :D

I skeered :D