PDA

View Full Version : Its easy to forget how good AD was/is...

Collier11
5/14/2009, 11:22 PM
God willing, if he stays healthy he will go down as one of the top 5 rbs of all time...Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXofi-jEeOo&feature=player_embedded

Salt City Sooner
5/15/2009, 12:50 AM
I had a good laugh when I was watching Rome the other day. They were talking about Favre (& consequently AD) in Minnesota in the guest panel segment of the show, when the genius that is Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press said that AD had 2 or 3 years left in him.

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 02:23 AM
I had a good laugh when I was watching Rome the other day. They were talking about Favre (& consequently AD) in Minnesota in the guest panel segment of the show, when the genius that is Drew Sharp of the Detroit Free Press said that AD had 2 or 3 years left in him.

i heard/laughed at that too. Average NFL running backs now days give you 4-6 years.

AD will have 8 prime years, 12+ years total.

Jacie
5/15/2009, 06:05 AM
No it's not.

badger
5/15/2009, 07:51 AM
I am not sure how many years AD has left in him - having to shoulder the burden of a lot of less-talented guys around him can't do wonders for his longevity or passion for the game. I hope he doesn't get burnt out on losing like Barry Sanders in Detroit.

Yes, I say that even knowing that if the Vikings lose a lot it would be good for the Packers.

And yes, I also know that the Vikings went to the playoffs last year, but you don't go from conference/national championship games in college to just wanting to make the playoffs in the pros.

And yes, I also know that AD would be surrounded by a lot of less-talented guys on every team... I'm just trying to insult the Vikings.

jumperstop
5/15/2009, 10:42 AM
AD is awesome, too bad he couldn't have stayed healthy during his time at OU.

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 04:46 PM
No it's not.

ya i know its like 3 years or something. Above average is what i should have said.

Anyhow, AD is a rare breed, he will play for a while. The Vikings will eventually get a passing game, and take some stress of him. He's already played 2 seasons. I can see him going 10 more. 6 prime more.

ouleaf
5/15/2009, 07:29 PM
love that juke and go move he put on that Lions dude, especially since that was the week he came back from injury.

bluedogok
5/16/2009, 08:30 AM
What would that guy know about football? He covers the Lions......

TXBOOMER
5/16/2009, 09:14 AM
i heard/laughed at that too. Average NFL running backs now days give you 4-6 years.

AD will have 8 prime years, 12+ years total.

AD is a stud. But, I've been surprised at how healthy he has stayed given his history at OU. If the purple fockers don't get him a passing game soon the beating will slow him down. If he had a line like Emmit Smith ran with in the early nineties and that passing game he would get 2500 yards a year.

Salt City Sooner
5/16/2009, 03:20 PM
What would that guy know about football? He covers the Lions......
Same dude who, a couple of weeks ago said that Bradford would flop in the League because he won't adjust from the spread offense that OU runs.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090419/COL08/904190519/

starclassic tama
5/17/2009, 01:38 PM
someone on this board said they would take chris brown over A.D. when making the all stoops team. that is pretty baffling

goingoneight
5/17/2009, 06:50 PM
CB wouldn't make the 4 deep...

AD
DM
Q
AP

... and the great thing about CB... he's productive and he doesn't care about things like that. He's a team guy.