PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets...

Okla-homey
5/14/2009, 08:11 PM
Will the Big O (no, not Oprah) throw the Number Three person in the Presidential succession order, SOH Nancy P., off the island like he did his former cronies Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers when they became a liability during the campaign?

Speaker Pelosi has changed her story more times on this waterboarding dealio than a crack head arrested for burglary. Depending on which story we're supposed to believe, she was either a willing accomplice to these horrid war crimes, or she knew nothing about it because she was having her nails done.

Now, I ask you. If you were telling the truth, would you need to refer to prepared notes? I examine witnesses for a living, and when a guy has to go to paper, it's all over.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/339163.html

My money's on throwing her overboard, like they did Gov. Blogo. This stuff could blowback and soil the presidential nickers otherwise.

yermom
5/14/2009, 08:21 PM
it's not like he can fire her, can he?

i'm thinking she might be resigning though. this is kinda embarrassing

Okla-homey
5/14/2009, 08:24 PM
it's not like he can fire her, can he?

i'm thinking she might be resigning though. this is kinda embarrassing

Heck, I didn't think he could fire CEO's of car manufacturers either, but in this Brave New World Order, anything's possible.;)

The thing that makes this so damn funny, is she has been the leading drumbeater for indictments and disbarments of anyone who touched this "enhanced interrogation techniques" stuff. Now, she's caught in her own web.

soonerscuba
5/14/2009, 08:30 PM
I certainly wouldn't objected to tossing her. What is it about Speaker that attracts the biggest hypocrites the government has to offer to the position? I would like to see zombie Carl Albert.

picasso
5/14/2009, 09:02 PM
something about power, ruins them. of course they could be rotten to begin with.

Chuck Bao
5/14/2009, 09:15 PM
I must be way out of the news loop because I'm not getting it. The Bush admin said that torture of suspects is all fine and dandy and the Obama admin says it isn't. The about face in congress is to be expected and the Republicans want to shift all of the focus to a vacillating Congress and particularly their attempt to demonize the Speaker of the House and confuse everyone on the actual topic.

Okay, what did I miss?

Never the mind, I bet that only the extreme right wing talk show hosts get some jaw exercise out of it.

salth2o
5/14/2009, 09:16 PM
That is comical and pathetic.

picasso
5/14/2009, 09:21 PM
I must be way out of the news loop because I'm not getting it. The Bush admin said that torture of suspects is all fine and dandy and the Obama admin says it isn't. The about face in congress is to be expected and the Republicans want to shift all of the focus to a vacillating Congress and particularly their attempt to demonize the Speaker of the House and confuse everyone on the actual topic.

Okay, what did I miss?

Never the mind, I bet that only the extreme right wing talk show hosts get some jaw exercise out of it.

it's not that complicated. Some Democrats want to go after the Bushies but now they may have to speak under oath about whether or not they knew/approved of said torture.
no right wing radio needed.

Chuck Bao
5/14/2009, 09:24 PM
it's not that complicated. Some Democrats want to go after the Bushies but now they may have to speak under oath about whether or not they knew/approved of said torture.
no right wing radio needed.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification and spek.

stoopified
5/14/2009, 09:51 PM
And on the 73rd day the lord O shall rest. :D

GottaHavePride
5/14/2009, 10:19 PM
I'd throw her under the bus just for being an unlikeable yainch...

tommieharris91
5/14/2009, 10:41 PM
Getting rid of Pelosi would probably make the Democrats (and America in general) a better place.

jdsooner
5/14/2009, 11:01 PM
Why don't we waterboard her and see if she's telling the truth?

Chuck Bao
5/15/2009, 12:32 AM
Okay, I'm back to not understanding. Are you guys feeling threatened by a strong woman leader? Why is Pelosi such an unpopular speaker of the house? Ignoring the side of the political aisle, haven't most SOH been pretty much playing strong arm politics? Do you really think Obama will try to force through a change in the house leadership?

My best friend was just commenting yesterday that he watched a press conference where Obama made a speech and after it concluded Pelosi said that she would also like to add... Nobody adds on or corrects a president's speech. Is that the case? Is she that nutty? I am sincerely asking.

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2009, 12:49 AM
I personally don't give a ****.

Anyone in Washington who is challenged for their unAmerican ways, lying, violating treaties, violating human rights, lying under oath, etc. deserves what they get, no matter if they are left or right, dem or rep...

Make them all accountable for their actions and make them prove they were justified.

PERIOD.

SoonerJack
5/15/2009, 07:50 AM
Oh no. Nancy's great. Let's leave her up there for a while. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
5/15/2009, 08:57 AM
Heh.

This is jaw-dropping: Nancy Pelosi asserts that her top aide, whom she sent to the Feb. 2003 briefing on her behalf, only told her that a briefing had happened, but did not tell her a single nugget of information from the briefing itself.

That is her claim. Her aide came back and said, "Yes, as expected, there was a briefing." She claims she didn't then ask the follow-up, "Yeah, I know, what did they say?" or for some unfathomable reason he refused to tell her.

PELOSI: Have a nice briefing?

AIDE: Oh yeah, super. Very interesting.

PELOSI: What about?

AIDE: Torturing terrorist suspect Zubaydah.

PELOSI: ...

AIDE: ...

PELOSI: ...

AIDE: ...

PELOSI: I'm going shoe shopping after lunch. Come with?

soonerscuba
5/15/2009, 10:08 AM
Why is Pelosi such an unpopular speaker of the house? Ignoring the side of the political aisle, haven't most SOH been pretty much playing strong arm politics?All Speakers play strong arm politics because the House doesn't need minority approval to do anything. In the Senate, there is a filibuster and unanimous consent, which gives each Senator a greater power over each bill, so the minority almost always needs to be respected.

Pelosi's job is to get votes, not to make friends. That said, if she was politically afraid to blow the whistle on torture in 2002, why would I want her as a leader?

NormanPride
5/15/2009, 10:28 AM
She's always been a crabby, two-faced, self-serving bitch. I guess now she's finally gotten something illegal rather than just immoral pinned on her.

olevetonahill
5/15/2009, 10:30 AM
Wonder howcome Its Illegal to Lie to congress but it aint Illegal fer them to LIE to us ?

TMcGee86
5/15/2009, 10:35 AM
She is a moran. It has nothing to do with her having a vag. Only someone who hasn't had to listen to or see her speak would wonder why anyone has a problem with her.

Consider yourself lucky Bao.

NYC Poke
5/15/2009, 10:36 AM
She's always been a crabby, two-faced, self-serving bitch. I guess now she's finally gotten something illegal rather than just immoral pinned on her.

Careful calling it illegal. You don't have to, but some on the right do. If they call it illegal, that acknowledges that the previous administration committed illegal acts. And Pelosi wouldn't be guilty of anything more than failing to speak up about it, and I'm not sure how much legal culpability that gives her (conspiracy, maybe?).

None of this is a defense of Pelosi, who I am not really a fan of.

StoopTroup
5/15/2009, 11:03 AM
I think she might have dropped acid after her Daily Show appearance. She's really high right now and in need of a friend.

NYC Poke
5/15/2009, 11:06 AM
She should probably listen to something kinda mellow, like the Allman Brothers.

StoopTroup
5/15/2009, 11:08 AM
Some Orange Juice could help.

She probably should at least have a V-8.

NormanPride
5/15/2009, 12:04 PM
Careful calling it illegal. You don't have to, but some on the right do. If they call it illegal, that acknowledges that the previous administration committed illegal acts. And Pelosi wouldn't be guilty of anything more than failing to speak up about it, and I'm not sure how much legal culpability that gives her (conspiracy, maybe?).

None of this is a defense of Pelosi, who I am not really a fan of.

I haven't read anything on this, I just enjoy piling on. :P

OklahomaRed
5/15/2009, 01:40 PM
Throw them all incumbents out and term limits on the House and the Senate. After 4 years in Washington they all start stinking!!! :D