PDA

View Full Version : Who will upset Florida?

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 02:49 PM
During the regular season?

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 02:53 PM
I'm going with Arkansas.

Florida seems to drop one at home, always.

2007 = Auburn
2008 = Ole Miss

MojoRisen
5/14/2009, 02:54 PM
LSU is going to have some payback for them in Death Valley.. Someone is going to break Tebow's leg...

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 02:55 PM
LSU is going to have some payback for them in Death Valley.. Someone is going to break The Right Reverend Tim T. Messiah's leg...

I agree that they are gonna be ready. That game is going to be insane.

badger
5/14/2009, 03:02 PM
Does the SEC championship game count? If so, perhaps Bammer will be the upset...

Since I assume it does not count (since it wasn't an option), I chose Tennessee in honor of their loudmouth coach.

yermom
5/14/2009, 03:05 PM
i'm pulling for Troy :D

http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=57

sooner94
5/14/2009, 03:05 PM
I agree that they are gonna be ready. That game is going to be insane.

That will be one of the big grudge matches next year between two good teams. That one and our game with Texas will probably have the most hype going in.

USC and Ohio St at the HorseShoe should be a good one.

I'm ready for college football season already.

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 03:12 PM
i'm pulling for Troy :D

http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=57

lil trap action??? maybe OUr boy can beat them for us...... he's still there right?

texas bandman
5/14/2009, 03:15 PM
I was thinking maybe Vandy, but they weren't an option.

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 03:16 PM
ahh, i should have been more liberal with selections....

bent rider
5/14/2009, 03:25 PM
Does the SEC championship game count? If so, perhaps Bammer will be the upset...

Only if Nick Saban and his players and fans really have passion and interest in that game. ;)

htthttp://www.bhamweekly.com/2009/04/21/i-asked-nick-saban-the-question/

Lott's Bandana
5/14/2009, 03:32 PM
Shoulda put "nobody" as a choice as well.

A rematch in Pasadena for the BCSCG seems rather plausable.

JLEW1818
5/14/2009, 03:33 PM
but an undefeated season for both us and florida? .............. not very common

soonerfan28
5/14/2009, 05:39 PM
FSU.

Octavian
5/14/2009, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping in Columbia, SC. It'd be greatness to see SS beat Florida.

But Florida has virtually the same team as last year -- just a year better. They'll probably be a unanimous preseason #1. The Florida-love will go into hyperdrive after they destroy Tennessee...and every board will complain about ESPN loving them so much.

But then the rest of their schedule is light by SEC standards -- no Bama or Ole Miss. That trip to LSU should test them, but Les is coming off a 5-loss year and he's starting a first year QB. Don't know if they'll have enough "it" to beat this team -- even in BR.

Anything can happen....but there's a more-than-decent chance chance they'll still be undefeated when they run onto the Rose Bowl field.

If we don't stub our toe in one of the early games away from Norman and then beat ***Texas***....we should meet them there.

goingoneight
5/14/2009, 11:52 PM
At Ole Miss seems too easy. Like OSU beating us harder in 2002 at the Stool... but I got a feeling they'll get so much grief for last year's home loss that they roll the Rebels. Any trap games before or after Ole Miss or LSU?

yermom
5/15/2009, 12:00 AM
they are playing the Bulldogs not the Rebels

i'm sure they are glad they are going to Starkville and not Oxford :D

RedstickSooner
5/15/2009, 12:52 AM
Duh.

It's not an upset, because the SEC is the greatest conference on Earth, and every team should be ranked number 1 in the country, but they can't all be, so the proper form is

1a
1b
1c
1d
1e

Etc.
I mean, aside from Vandy. Which stinks.

Salt City Sooner
5/15/2009, 12:53 AM
Florida, for all practical intents & purposes, has a one game regular season. I feel dirty beyond belief for saying this, but for one game, C'MON LESTER.

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 02:01 AM
At Ole Miss seems too easy. Like OSU beating us harder in 2002 at the Stool... but I got a feeling they'll get so much grief for last year's home loss that they roll the Rebels. Any trap games before or after Ole Miss or LSU?

only time florida will be playing Ole miss, is the sec championship.

Crucifax Autumn
5/15/2009, 02:12 AM
OU in the BCS Championship game!

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 02:19 AM
beer.........rockets won........wow.......... felt good to be in houston tonight.... but trust me people i hate everything in between Norman and Houston.

badger
5/15/2009, 07:37 AM
Maybe the real poll should be "What will Tim Tivo do after the loss?"

1:1 - CRY.
2:1 - Say "God Bless."
5:1 - Use the word "promise" at least a dozen times.
10:1 - Blame someone else for the loss
1:2 - Remind everyone what happened last season.
25:1 - Cure cancer.
50:1 - Do the gator chomp.
100:1 - Insult "Corch Irvin Meyers."
200:1 - Declare for the NFL Draft, even though he's a senior.
500:1 - Announce his return to home schooling.
1,000:1 - Explain his season-ending injury that caused Florida to lose.

StoopTroup
5/15/2009, 08:47 AM
Why can't I pick more than one? :D

SoonerInFortSmith
5/15/2009, 09:08 AM
All of the above.

soonermix
5/15/2009, 10:27 AM
its a big conspiracy... florida will drop a game to the team that will just barely keep them out of the championship game based on computer numbers and such because as we all know there is no reason to go play in a MNC game that is not in your "home" stadium

OUmillenium
5/15/2009, 10:38 AM
So who do you hate more?
Lester?
Florida?
Osama?

NormanPride
5/15/2009, 10:43 AM
I'm sure to everyone else, it's disgusting that our schedule is pretty much just the game against Texas. Though at least we try with games in Miami and against BYU.

G8trGr8t
5/15/2009, 11:44 AM
Nobody -

We have a bye the week before LSU and Urbs is going to have them ready for the game. Don't know the exact numbers but he is well known for not losing when he has two ro more weeks to prepare but LSU has some great athletes on their team. I suspect that our defense is going to have to win that one for us. I expect our QB and Spikes will have the team breathing fire by the time of the snap. No substitute for that type of senior leadership on both sides of the ball. That is one away game that I wish I could attend but I blew my football budget with those premium seats at Joe Robbie last year. If you ever get the chance, scoop up some club level seats. Sat in Row 1 at the 45 yard line for the BCS game, best seat for any football game I have ever had.

The game that bothers me most is Georgia. They have a lot of experience and talent on the OL coming back and it is the week after an away game. Georgia is not happy about the game last year. If they can find a QB, they should be better this year unless their OL gets decimated by injuries again. Don't think they will beat us but that would be my pick if I HAD to pick one.

homerSimpsonsBrain
5/15/2009, 12:45 PM
I cant say that I care who beats UF as long as we win them all.

budbarrybob
5/15/2009, 01:13 PM
All the above is my hope...

That would force TRRTT to become a monk to receive the "you're better person for spending 5 minutes with him" award and making him forgo his NCAA granted extra year of eligibility because he's TRRTT. :stunned:

OU_Sooners75
5/15/2009, 02:28 PM
No Mississippi?

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 04:43 PM
No Mississippi?

they don't play them during the regular season. Maybe conference championship.

The west is going to be very interesting this year.

Bama
Miss
LSU

all around the same.....

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 04:49 PM
Nobody -

We have a bye the week before LSU and Urbs is going to have them ready for the game. Don't know the exact numbers but he is well known for not losing when he has two ro more weeks to prepare but LSU has some great athletes on their team. I suspect that our defense is going to have to win that one for us. I expect our QB and Spikes will have the team breathing fire by the time of the snap. No substitute for that type of senior leadership on both sides of the ball. That is one away game that I wish I could attend but I blew my football budget with those premium seats at Joe Robbie last year. If you ever get the chance, scoop up some club level seats. Sat in Row 1 at the 45 yard line for the BCS game, best seat for any football game I have ever had.

The game that bothers me most is Georgia. They have a lot of experience and talent on the OL coming back and it is the week after an away game. Georgia is not happy about the game last year. If they can find a QB, they should be better this year unless their OL gets decimated by injuries again. Don't think they will beat us but that would be my pick if I HAD to pick one.

How does Georgia worry you more than LSU?

Georgia got worse, and yall got better. and yall killed them with Stafford and Knowbraino.........

When is the last time yall won @ LSU? I'm not being a smartypants at all, i honestly dont know, or care to look it up.

killa3312
5/15/2009, 06:22 PM
Florida fans should never, ever count any game played in Mississippi as a win. As lopsided as the talent level in Gainesville is compared to Starkville, I can't even remember the last time the Gators won a game in that stadium. Mississippi teams, more than anyone, always seem to give the Gators the most trouble.

G8trGr8t
5/15/2009, 09:08 PM

Georgia got worse, and yall got better. and yall killed them with Stafford and Knowbraino.........

When is the last time yall won @ LSU? I'm not being a smartypants at all, i honestly dont know, or care to look it up.

UF has actually done pretty well at LSU and we have an off week before that game. Alltime is 29 - 23 but we were 14 -2 until 2005. Split with them since but should have beat them in 07 even during an off year for us. Stop anyone of those 4th downs and we win that game in death valley.

Give Meyer two weeks to prepare and Spikes and Teeboe two weeks to think about it and I feel pretty confident about that game. I look for our defense to have a big game that night.

The way we handled Georgia last year does two things. It makes UF think that they still own Georgia and it makes the UF game the game of the year for Georgia. Just like we wanted their head after the little end zone dance, they have this game circled against us and we have an away game the week before the Georgia game. Stafford was too easy to rattle and their OL was a walking mash unit last year. After Spikes planted Moreno in the first series, Moreno was running like he forgot to pay his insurance policy on his knees the rest of the game.

Either way, I don't think that the seniors that gave up the NFL will let anybody lose their concentration and our depth is the best I have ever seen on our team. This team is better than the 06 team without a doubt. We are as deep with talent as anybody, USC included. I put $1k down on us to go undefeated this year through the regular season and I rarely ever bet but I really want to go to Pasadena and that is the only way I go. Hope this doesn't come across as cocky. Meyer has really put together something impressive in Gainesville and the team is stacked for years to come. I really wanted Stoops when they fired Zooker but Meyer has exceeded expectations and the guy is focused unlike any coach I have ever seen. Just hope that Belichek stays at NE a long time because I think that would be the only thing that would lure him from G'ville.

G8trGr8t
5/15/2009, 09:10 PM

UF has actually done pretty well at LSU and we have an off week before that game. Alltime is 29 - 23 but we were 14 -2 until 2005. Split with them since but should have beat them in 07 even during an off year for us. Stop anyone of those 4th downs and we win that game in death valley. We had no dl that year, our freshman OG (Pouncey) started on defensive line before the year was out because we had no bodies left. Don't have that problem now.

Give Meyer two weeks to prepare and Spikes and Teeboe two weeks to think about it and I feel pretty confident about that game. I look for our defense to have a big game that night.

The way we handled Georgia last year does two things. It makes UF think that they still own Georgia and it makes the UF game the game of the year for Georgia. Just like we wanted their head after the little end zone dance, they have this game circled against us and we have an away game the week before the Georgia game. Stafford was too easy to rattle and their OL was a walking mash unit last year. After Spikes planted Moreno in the first series, Moreno was running like he forgot to pay his insurance policy on his knees the rest of the game.

Either way, I don't think that the seniors that gave up the NFL will let anybody lose their concentration and our depth is the best I have ever seen on our team. This team is better than the 06 team without a doubt. We are as deep with talent as anybody, USC included. I put $1k down on us to go undefeated this year through the regular season and I rarely ever bet but I really want to go to Pasadena and that is the only way I go. Hope this doesn't come across as cocky. Meyer has really put together something impressive in Gainesville and the team is stacked for years to come. I really wanted Stoops when they fired Zooker but Meyer has exceeded expectations and the guy is focused unlike any coach I have ever seen. Just hope that Belichek stays at NE a long time because I think that would be the only thing that would lure him from G'ville.

JLEW1818
5/15/2009, 09:43 PM
who would have thought yall would have lost to ole miss last year?

Who would have thought usc would have lost to stanford? or Oregon State.

Iowa over Ohio State....

upsets happen every year.

Going undefeated for a bcs conference team is almost impossible.

goingoneight
5/15/2009, 11:16 PM
The answer to the thread's posed question:

... "anyone who doesn't kiss up to TRRTTM."