PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin Article...

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 01:33 AM
Very good read....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=PreDraftTour-090513

Here is the part about Taylor! Go Taylor, Go!

Of the three, Blake's brother Taylor appears to be the biggest sleeper. He has been living in Blake's shadow the past two seasons at Oklahoma, but after his workout, I wondered why we hadn't been watching him more carefully.

He has some of the same strengths as his brother -- he's tough, physical, an excellent athlete and a very hard worker. He also showed off an impressive jumper in the workout with legit NBA 3-point range.

More than that, he does the kinds of things that might help a team win -- he could be an intangibles guy in the mold of Shane Battier. I could see him making the league as a defensive stopper at the 3 who can also provide some offense in spot-up situations.

starclassic tama
5/14/2009, 01:54 AM
taylor with 3-point range? wow. never seen that from him at OU, although he did look like he had nice touch on some of his spot-up shots

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 02:00 AM
taylor with 3-point range? wow. never seen that from him at OU, although he did look like he had nice touch on some of his spot-up shots

Then you didnt watch him much.

Sure he did not shoot it much...but he also knew his role on the team.

But when he did he shoot it (only 14 times last year), he was 35.7% (5-14) from the arc. Third on the team last year.

starclassic tama
5/14/2009, 02:28 AM
an added dimension to his game that he didn't show much of while at OU. maybe he can make a roster spot although i doubted it initially. you never know, a guy like taylor can make a team in the right situation and really shine. he has the athleticism for it, for what he makes up in size.

NormanPride
5/14/2009, 08:09 AM
I always wondered about him. He's big enough to play somewhere in the league, and has the quickness to cover some of the bigger threes that have been popular lately. His work ethic and drive also makes him a good pickup for anyone that can spare a roster spot.

Collier11
5/14/2009, 11:27 AM

fail

starclassic tama
5/14/2009, 05:29 PM
yea those 5 3's in 35 games really shows off his sniper range...

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 06:52 PM
yea those 5 3's in 35 games really shows off his sniper range...

No, it shows that he has the range if it is required. However, he also knew his role on the team, as in being one of the two post players on the court for OU.

He played his role very well, IMHO.

stoopified
5/14/2009, 08:34 PM
I always considered Taylor to be a BUST in college,making it in the the NBA is a longshot,at best.IF he were to make it I would be shocked.

Collier11
5/14/2009, 08:39 PM
A bust based off of what, his recruiting ranking? If you consider him a bust then you must consider Kevin Bookout a bust?

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 11:11 PM
I always considered Taylor to be a BUST in college,making it in the the NBA is a longshot,at best.IF he were to make it I would be shocked.

Are you saying he was a bust in college?

Some of the people that follow the NBA moreso than anyone here, like what they see in him.

Will he get drafted? I don't know.

However, you are not a bust because you do not get drafted.

I take it Josh Heupel not getting drafted into the NFL made him a bust, right?

OU_Sooners75
5/14/2009, 11:12 PM
A bust based off of what, his recruiting ranking? If you consider him a bust then you must consider Kevin Bookout a bust?

Or Aaron McGee, or Hollis Price, or quite a few other past Sooner BBallers.

SoonerSoph
5/15/2009, 08:41 AM
Josh Heupel was drafted.

badger
5/15/2009, 09:01 AM
Taylor was very important for the transition of the program from KS to K-Pro. Without Taylor, would Jeff be able to recruit Blake? Without Blake, would Jeff be able to recruit Willie? Without Willie, would Jeff be able to recruit Tommy?

Endless cycle and it started when Taylor stuck with the OU program despite so many prospects backing out when KS went to Indy.

Perhaps this is just me being a chick, but considering how important Taylor was to OU's recent success, I don't think it's a very nice thing to say at all to call Taylor a "bust!"

cheezyq
5/18/2009, 01:54 PM
I think the two main strengths Taylor has make him a good candidate for being drafted late - he's VERY athletic and he is intelligent. I don't see him playing a major role on any team in the NBA, but I could definitely see him making a roster and getting into a game for a few relief minutes on a reasonable basis.

Collier11
5/18/2009, 01:57 PM
IF Najera can play this long, Taylor will atleast have a shot. Najera is a better scoring/shooting version of what Taylor would be in the NBA if he got a shot