PDA

View Full Version : If you are interested in tornados and such....

boomersooner28
5/13/2009, 11:55 AM
check this out!

http://www.kjrh.com/default.aspx (click tornado alley)

You can follow storm chasers via streaming live video! Including Reed Timmer, the OU grad/student that is currently chasing the storms near St. Louis. Pretty flippin cool if you ask me.

boomersooner28
5/13/2009, 11:56 AM
Reed has 130 people following him right now via the live feed.

yermom
5/13/2009, 12:29 PM
you might also check out Severe Studios

http://www.severestudios.com/livechase

boomersooner28
5/13/2009, 12:54 PM
They just said on the weather channel that Vortex 2 is headed for western Oklahoma because they are expecting severe weather there later this evening.

Collier11
5/13/2009, 01:04 PM
Reed is a good friend of mine, that guy is F'ing crazy. Once lost his car in the Gulf of Mexico via Hurricane katrina

StoopTroup
5/13/2009, 01:43 PM
Reed is a good friend of mine, that guy is F'ing crazy. Once lost his car in the Gulf of Mexico via Hurricane katrina

You have friends?

Wow! :pop: :D

Collier11
5/13/2009, 01:48 PM
he doesnt know it ;)

OhU1
5/13/2009, 01:55 PM
I can turn on the telly pretty much any spring night in Oklahoma and follow these guys live on 4, 5, and 9. If there's a thunderstorm in Slapout or Gotebo you can count on wall to wall coverage from the OKC stations.

SoonerStormchaser
5/13/2009, 06:16 PM
And I'll watch as Reed Timmer DIES because he acted like a total dip**** one too many times and got right up to the tornado.

Seriously...his constant lack of attention to safety is a danger to the entire chasing community and the general public. Having dealt with him a few times when I was working on my BS, I can honestly say he is the most insensitive and reckless guy I've met.

Curly Bill
5/13/2009, 06:17 PM
And I'll watch as Reed Timmer DIES because he acted like a total dip**** one too many times and got right up to the tornado.

Seriously...his constant lack of attention to safety is a danger to the entire chasing community and the general public. Having dealt with him a few times when I was working on my BS, I can honestly say he is the most insensitive and reckless guy I've met.

Sounds like the guy I want to watch then. ;)

boomersooner28
5/13/2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, isn't that what we Americans are about? Wrecklessness, danger, and idiots being idiots as death approaches...especially on live TV! ;) :D

Curly Bill
5/13/2009, 06:27 PM
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt...

...then it's hilarious!

StoopTroup
5/13/2009, 06:57 PM
Hey ya all!

Watch This!

Half a Hundred
5/13/2009, 08:43 PM

Guy knows how to market himself. You could say the same thing about Steve Irwin, but I don't think anyone really blames him for all the stupid stuff he pulled.

SteelPanz
5/13/2009, 09:12 PM
James Aydellot is giving me the weather on Fox23 in Tulsa.

KC//CRIMSON
5/13/2009, 09:15 PM
James Aydellot is giving me the weather on Fox23 in Tulsa.

Dude, where in the world have you been?

Fraggle145
5/13/2009, 11:07 PM
Can you get Gary england online?

SteelPanz
5/13/2009, 11:19 PM
Dude, where in the world have you been?

Around towne. No longer traveling, though.

SoonerStormchaser
5/14/2009, 01:19 AM
Guy knows how to market himself. You could say the same thing about Steve Irwin, but I don't think anyone really blames him for all the stupid stuff he pulled.

As crazy a MoFo as Steve Irwin was (RIP), he at least EDUCATED the public about the things he loved. Reed Timmer does none of that...he's only out there to sell himself to make a buck...and look like a complete asshat in the process.