PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 dominance...

Collier11
5/10/2009, 12:48 PM
this is moreso about the entire sports program but everyone take a seat, look around, and see who owns this conference and appreciate it...

Big 12 player of the year

Football-Sam Bradford
MBB-Blake Griffin
WBB-Courtney Paris
Softball-Amber Flores
Baseball-JT Wise is leading the conf in almost all offensive categories including Avg and HR's, and he is throwing out over 60% of baserunners, I would say there is a good chance that we sweep all the major awards this year :pop:

JLEW1818
5/10/2009, 12:49 PM
pretty damn impressive

hgarmorer
5/10/2009, 01:35 PM
It is one outstanding year. I wonder if any other school has accomplished that? Doesn't matter as there is only ONE!!!

jumperstop
5/10/2009, 02:01 PM
Hopefully we can stay dominate in every sport. Saw an SI article a few years back ranking the top sports programs in the US. I don't remember the rankings, but Texas was in the top few and on the cover. I don't think OU was even on the list, but I don't see how you couldn't consider him for the top spot, at least this year.

jumperstop
5/10/2009, 02:12 PM
here is a list they produced from last year, and ou's not even on it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/sioncampus/07/01/2008-top-25-ncaa-rankings/index.html

I know we weren't as good last year as we were this year, but come on texas is 15th. Kansas had a good year last year as well, not on the list. In fact at the bottom we finished worse than OSU...I guess they count all those stupid sports like equestrian.

JLEW1818
5/10/2009, 02:45 PM
Hopefully we can stay dominate in every sport. Saw an SI article a few years back ranking the top sports programs in the US. I don't remember the rankings, but *Texas* was in the top few and on the cover. I don't think OU was even on the list, but I don't see how you couldn't consider him for the top spot, at least this year.

I remember that.

All i can remember is Stanford was number 1 in overall sports. Texas was 2

SoonerInFortSmith
5/10/2009, 03:18 PM
Those rankings are bogus because they include "sports" like diving, water polo, etc. There must be some really obscure crap in there to put Stanford at the top. Seriously!

JLEW1818
5/10/2009, 04:25 PM
Those rankings are bogus because they include "sports" like diving, water polo, etc. There must be some really obscure crap in there to put Stanford at the top. Seriously!

I agree. It's for all around sports, like you said. Overall I look at it in this order for schools.

1)Football
2)Mens Basketball
3)Womens Basketball
4)Baseball
5)Softball

Curly Bill
5/10/2009, 05:53 PM
I agree. It's for all around sports, like you said. Overall I look at it in this order for schools.

1)Football
2)Mens Basketball
3)Womens Basketball
4)Mens track
5)Womens track

FIXED

goingoneight
5/10/2009, 11:44 PM
As for sports the general public cares about?

Collier11
5/11/2009, 12:30 AM
but osu has more natl titles than OU because of those sports, you cant take em away guys ;)

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 01:08 AM
Screw those sheephumping fools. I'd be a hell of a wrestler too if I spent my childhood pinning barnyard animals!

RedstickSooner
5/11/2009, 01:21 AM
We play other sports?

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 01:22 AM
lol...Kinda how I feel though I TRY to keep up with the others.

badger
5/11/2009, 08:13 AM
I think Texaz/Stanford ranks highest because they participate in the most Div. 1 sports. For example, OU doesn't have a swimming team, but Texaz swimmers made up half of the Olympic team last year in Beijing (or at least I remember at a of wh0rn logos floating around the pools).

There is a ranking system out there that values certain program dominance above others - for example, football and men's basketball success is weighted more in determining a solid athletic program than just counting the number of overall championships and individual award winners - but I don't recall its name.

BornandBred
5/11/2009, 09:25 AM
Joe C for MVP.