PDA

View Full Version : The grass wasn't greener after all . . .

Jacie
5/10/2009, 10:25 AM
May 10, 2009

Rivals.com Staff

At the College Football Roundtable, we ask each member of the coverage staff for their opinion about a topic in the sport.

Today's question: What was the biggest story line to come out of spring practices nationally?

Here is Olin Buchanan's answer:

. . . Aaron Corp, who has passed for 14 yards in his college career, appears to be next in line to direct the Trojans' offense. Corp's rise to starting status is an upset of sorts. Mitch Mustain, who transferred to USC from Arkansas, once was viewed a future star; now he appears in danger of flaming out at two programs.

soonerguild
5/10/2009, 11:30 AM
You never want to wish bad on a kid, but when he transferred from a school with no quaterbacks to a school that always has them I thought this would happen. If you're gonna transfer, go someplace you can play, especially when you are leaving someplace that you would have started at. You don't hear much from is mom anymore.

Think anyone touches him if he wants transfer again?

SoonerInFortSmith
5/10/2009, 11:46 AM
Doesn't a backup qb at suc have a better chance of being drafted than a starter razorhack?

CrimsonJim
5/10/2009, 11:57 AM
Yep, but so does one at A&M. :)

badger
5/10/2009, 04:50 PM
talent wins out everywhere... just some places have more talent than others :D

OU_Sooners75
5/10/2009, 05:06 PM
You never want to wish bad on a kid, but when he transferred from a school with no quaterbacks to a school that always has them I thought this would happen. If you're gonna transfer, go someplace you can play, especially when you are leaving someplace that you would have started at. You don't hear much from is mom anymore.

Think anyone touches him if he wants transfer again?

If he is going to transfer again then he would be smart to go to a D-1AA or smaller school.

SoonerShark
5/10/2009, 10:57 PM
Northeastern State-OSU could use a good QB. It is close to the QBs former stomping grounds. And Tahlequah has a Super Wal-Mart and it's close to a lake. What could be better?

goingoneight
5/10/2009, 11:34 PM
I remember when people used to say he was 8-0 as the R-Kansas starter. Heh, you mean he wasn't just handing the ball off to two future first-rounders? You mean his team didn't play for an SEC CCG pretty much without him?

RedstickSooner
5/11/2009, 01:19 AM
Sorry, but I have no empathy for anyone who plays for that crooked, institutional-oversight lacking blight.

We get crucified for tweedle dumb & tweedle dumber getting chump change at a no-show job, while Bush will probably reach NFL retirement age before any penalty is handed down for his family's hundreds of thousands of dollars in benefits.

The NCAA needs to switch to a guilty-until-proven-innocent stand, and impose penalties *until* the schools in question complete their investigations and submit their own penalty options.

Every time I hear those arseholes mentioned, all I can think of is how quickly & thoroughly we've penalized ourselves when we've found fault, and how brazenly they've completely refused to cooperate in any way or admit any sort of wrongdoing in theirs.

Screw their players. I hope the ground opens up and swallows their stadium whole in the middle of a game.

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 01:24 AM
If they changed it as you suggest we wouldn't even see a bogus investigation like we have now.

Those guys could have a murderer show up to practice for motiva...

huh?

Oh...

Nevermind!

AlbqSooner
5/11/2009, 06:33 AM
Heck, they could allow agents in the locker room and nobody would . . .

That too?

Oh . . .

Never Mind!

badger
5/11/2009, 07:55 AM
So basically, Mark Sanchez pizzed on Pete Carroll's master plan to stockpile talent that would not leave for the pros until Pete told them to. Thus, Pete is in a difficult situation here. He can't go with the QB he was planning to go with all along, and we all know Mitch Mustain sucks and won't be a Heisman contender no matter how good USC is this year.

Sooooo.... let's cut losses, write this year off and go with a QB that won't embarrass USC as much and can just hand the ball off to McKnight repeatedly.

This has to be the ultimate disappointment for Mitch. He made a terrible move in transferring to USC. If he wanted to go there all along, why not commit there from the beginning? Transfers always seem to not be as favored, regardless of what school, over players that started their careers there, or started in juco.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/11/2009, 08:39 AM
He tranferred because he loves his mama!

badger
5/11/2009, 08:47 AM
He tranferred because he loves his mama!

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2006/1214/ncf_a_campbell_195.jpg

(yes, that's actually her)

EDIT: I actually googled this story, and it appears that Junior Mitch Mustain is slotted as No. 3 on the depth chart... so not only is he behind this sophomore, but he's also behind a froshie :D