PDA

View Full Version : It's Never Too Early....

SteelClip49
5/8/2009, 11:29 AM
to start recognizing veterans of foreign wars and any war veterans for their duties, sacrifices, honor, courage and determined vigor to defend our great country past, present and future. Actually, the recognition never stops where everyday is a tribute to the ones who have fought and who continue to fight for our great freedoms.

Memorial Day I believe is on the 25th and it is a day of being off work and celebrating the wholesome goodness of being an American. I used to view Memorial Day as just another great day of having no responsibility but as I got older, I truly understood what the day was all about and not only should it be a day of sleeping in and having fun, but be a day of where you raise your glass of soda, OVJ or whatever tickles your taste buds and say the pledge, say a prayer, pay any kind of tribute to loved ones, friends or people you know that are defending our freedoms. Let this be a day where we step away from ourselves and do what we can to pay any kind of tribute to these fine men and women.

Me... I am going to see my grandfather up in northern Oklahoma and go with him to the local VFW memorial and just sit with him as he reflects on years past and now and the peace that he has been blessed with for himself and for his fallen partners.

I ask for any of you veterans here on this board to please state your service experience, what your rank was/is and hopefully a lot of us will send a few encouraging messages your way and to anyone else out there who did so much for us.

Let me start by saying thank you to Ole Vet and Homey for your services and sacrifices that allows people like me to write this message and wake up everyday with a chance to do anything. I know there are other posters on here that are veterans and currently serving that I don't know on the top of my head but if you could just chime in I will do what I can to give you a shout out and have a drink in your honor!

We are still 17 days away but it's never too early and never too late to say thanks and God Bless all of you!