View Full Version : $3,400,000,000,000.00

OklahomaTuba
5/7/2009, 11:07 AM
And that's just for the knee pads!!!

;)

JohnnyMack
5/7/2009, 11:09 AM
WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'M TUBA AND I CAN PARROT EVERYTHING ON DRUDGE REPORT!!!!!!!!!!

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
5/7/2009, 11:16 AM
Wow, not bad for typing with one hand JM.

Echoes
5/7/2009, 11:34 AM
Tuba still not funny.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/7/2009, 11:45 AM
#3,400,000,000,000.00 still not funny.fixed

OklahomaTuba
5/7/2009, 02:14 PM
Heh, some interesting facts about the $17 Billion in savings Squanderer in Chief was able to extract from the one year 3,400,000,000,000.00 budget:

· $17 billion is less than one half of 1% of the entire $3.55 trillion FY10 budget.

· CBO estimates that interest costs will be over $172 billion for FY10, or ten times what the administration is proposing to save.

· $17 billion is about 2% of the $787 billion stimulus bill passed on February.

· $17 billion is less than 5% of the interest expense created by the stimulus bill.

· CBO has projected that legislation signed by President Obama has added $422 billion to FY2010 deficit, about 25 times the FY2010 savings proposed in this budget.

· The Federal government has already provided up to $173.4 billion in financial assistance to AIG, or ten times what the administration is proposing to cut from the budget.

· The Federal government has already provided almost $36 billion in TARP aid to the auto industry, or twice what he administration is proposing to cut from the budget.

· Since President Obama has taken office, total U.S. debt has increased by over $600 billion. $17 billion is less than 3% of new debt created during this administration’s first 105 days.

· Agencies reported improper payment estimates of $72 billion for fiscal year 2008 for a select group of programs. This represents about 4 percent of the $1.8 trillion of reported outlays for the related programs.

SoonerStormchaser
5/7/2009, 02:37 PM
Squanderer in Chief? Look, I can't comment as to whether or not I like my boss, but his predecessor (whom I did like) wasn't exactly a thrifty guy either with his budget.

SicEmBaylor
5/7/2009, 02:59 PM
The last President we had who was truly thrifty with the budget was Calvin Coolidge.

Curly Bill
5/7/2009, 05:44 PM
Squanderer in Chief? Look, I can't comment as to whether or not I like my boss, but his predecessor (whom I did like) wasn't exactly a thrifty guy either with his budget.

We all know that Bush sucked...

...but...but....but...Brack was supposed to be a CHANGE!

Jerk
5/7/2009, 05:50 PM
The good news is that this is probably going to end, soon.

Our skittle-sh*tting unicorn had a little trouble selling bonds today.

http://tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=94164

Dems finally take over, begin to loot the treasury, only to find there is nothing left.

I am not defending the Bush deficits...they were sickening.

But Obama's are simply not sustainable.

http://homepage.mac.com/captfrost/obamabudget1.jpg

salth2o
5/7/2009, 09:16 PM
Our skittle-sh*tting unicorn

LMAO!!! Funny, but true. :D

JLEW1818
5/8/2009, 12:39 AM
We all know that Bush sucked...

...but...but....but...Brack was supposed to be a CHANGE!

beer

StoopTroup
5/8/2009, 02:37 AM

You've changed. New medication?

StoopTroup
5/8/2009, 02:39 AM

Dems finally take over, begin to loot the treasury, only to find there is nothing left.

If the end of the World comes in 2020....we won't even have to pay any of that back.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2009, 04:13 AM
The last President we had who was truly thrifty with the budget was Calvin Coolidge.

He didn't have an income tax I do believe and a different theory on governance.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2009, 04:16 AM

Oblahma's revenue projections are way off (IMO) as they get confiscatory on taxes. People will be clamming up and not working as hard to generate the revenue they expect...CBO is probably more correct. I don't get it, how do the Libs and Progressives expect a plan that tax collections will be the same as they increase the tax rate??? People being people will shield as much as possible or be negative incentivized to earn with confiscatory tax rates. Read today that the UK is now up to ~62%. That is wack!

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2009, 04:18 AM
If the end of the World comes in 2020....we won't even have to pay any of that back.
I thought it was 2012??? I think Barry thinks that as well...

Harry Beanbag
5/8/2009, 05:26 AM
....a different theory on governance.

There's an idea.

StoopTroup
5/8/2009, 11:39 AM
I thought it was 2012??? I think Barry thinks that as well...

Could be...I was just going by the chart.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/8/2009, 01:20 PM
Could be...I was just going by the chart.
Yeah, the Mayan calendar ends on Dec. 21, 2012 and some other theory or prophesy says 2012 is the end date...

BornandBred
5/8/2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, the Mayan calendar ends on Dec. 21, 2012 and some other theory or prophesy says 2012 is the end date...

Nostradamus picked it.

OklahomaRed
5/8/2009, 02:56 PM
Don't give Johnny Mack any fuel sitting here hoping the end of the world comes to give us all a break from the oppressive tax burden we and our children are getting set up to shoulder. If JM can break suction on Obama's rear end long enough and quit running around saying we are all a bunch of Drudges, or Sean Hannity he can see that there is no way we can ever get ourselves out of debt. The only solution would be to declare our government bankrupt, default on all of our loans, and start all over. Of course, that could cause WWIII, so we'll just have to see. Personally, I am looking for ways to quit working 3 jobs and join the ranks of the "takers" versus being on the other end of working my a#ss off simply to continue to watch my taxes go up. Why fight it? I'm going to sit back and let the government take care of me. I'm getting on the gravy train. Hard to tax income you don't have? I don't need to worry? I'm going to get government hand outs, free healthcare, free housing, free everything!!! Yeah!!!! I'm in. Sounds like a SWEET deal to me!!! :D

5/8/2009, 04:56 PM
Don't give Johnny *Mack* any fuel sitting here hoping the end of the world comes to give us all a break from the oppressive tax burden we and our children are getting set up to shoulder. If JM can break suction on Obama's rear end long enough and quit running around saying we are all a bunch of Drudges, or Sean Hannity he can see that there is no way we can ever get ourselves out of debt. The only solution would be to declare our government bankrupt, default on all of our loans, and start all over. Of course, that could cause WWIII, so we'll just have to see. Personally, I am looking for ways to quit working 3 jobs and join the ranks of the "takers" versus being on the other end of working my a#ss off simply to continue to watch my taxes go up. Why fight it? I'm going to sit back and let the government take care of me. I'm getting on the gravy train. Hard to tax income you don't have? I don't need to worry? I'm going to get government hand outs, free healthcare, free housing, free everything!!! Yeah!!!! I'm in. Sounds like a SWEET deal to me!!! :DYour well-written message will bounce off the libs' brains like water off a duck's back!

soonerscuba
5/9/2009, 09:09 AM
If you think you are being oppressed by the American tax system, your life needs some serious prospective.

yermom
5/9/2009, 09:47 AM
what is the mechanism for WWIII starting?

i'm pretty sure i'd rather not be involved with govt. housing, food, or whatever. i think i'll keep my job

Jerk
5/9/2009, 11:54 AM
what is the mechanism for WWIII starting?

i'm pretty sure i'd rather not be involved with govt. housing, food, or whatever. i think i'll keep my job

China will be very pissed off if we default. I don't know if they would be mad enough to start a war, but they will be plenty pissed.

And they have already said that if we try to inflate our way out of this or continue to monetize the debt that they will consider it a de facto default.

I bet that we have a failed treasury auction during the 3Q of this year, if not sooner.

Do you want to be involved in govt healthcare? Looks like we might not get a choice. Do you like public restrooms, public schools, and public transportation? I'm sure public healthcare will be just as grand.

Your rights as an individual are going to be smashed for "the public good" over the next 2 years. God willing, people wake the f*ck up and put some libertarian minded Republicans or Libertarians in congress in 2010 or we are screwed.

The good news is, even if we can't ever retake congress, what they are doing is unsustainable. It will collapse. Don't let anyone tell you that the skittle sh*ting unicorn can't go broke. They certainly can if revenues to the IRS crash* and we have a bond market dislocation. I pray for the day. And I will laugh my *** off when it happens.

*has already happened

Obama has bet the entire nation on "animal spirits" and other Keynesian bullsh*t.

KC//CRIMSON
5/9/2009, 12:08 PM
ZOMG! DOOM AND GLOOM!

JohnnyMack
5/9/2009, 12:09 PM
Don't give Johnny *Mack* any fuel sitting here hoping the end of the world comes to give us all a break from the oppressive tax burden we and our children are getting set up to shoulder. If JM can break suction on Obama's rear end long enough and quit running around saying we are all a bunch of Drudges, or Sean Hannity he can see that there is no way we can ever get ourselves out of debt. The only solution would be to declare our government bankrupt, default on all of our loans, and start all over. Of course, that could cause WWIII, so we'll just have to see. Personally, I am looking for ways to quit working 3 jobs and join the ranks of the "takers" versus being on the other end of working my a#ss off simply to continue to watch my taxes go up. Why fight it? I'm going to sit back and let the government take care of me. I'm getting on the gravy train. Hard to tax income you don't have? I don't need to worry? I'm going to get government hand outs, free healthcare, free housing, free everything!!! Yeah!!!! I'm in. Sounds like a SWEET deal to me!!! :D

I didn't say you all, I said Tuba. And Sean Hannity is a no talent blowhard who couldn't hold Rush Limbaugh's jock.

As far as my opinion of BHO, if you'd actually bother to read my posts regarding how I feel he's handled the first 100 or so days you might be surprised. But stick to your simplistic dichotomies. It's easier.

VeeJay
5/9/2009, 03:24 PM
When do OK and TX secede?

I told Mrs. VJ to start packing up the kitchen.

OklahomaTuba
5/11/2009, 09:48 AM
More awesome news from Drudge....

The deficit for the current budget year will rise by $89 billion to above $1.8 trillion -- about four times the record set just last year.

Wasn't The Squanderer-In-Chief's inauguration speech about the "Era Of Responsibility"?????

yermom
5/11/2009, 10:17 AM
China will be very pissed off if we default. I don't know if they would be mad enough to start a war, but they will be plenty pissed.

And they have already said that if we try to inflate our way out of this or continue to monetize the debt that they will consider it a de facto default.

I bet that we have a failed treasury auction during the 3Q of this year, if not sooner.

Do you want to be involved in govt healthcare? Looks like we might not get a choice. Do you like public restrooms, public schools, and public transportation? I'm sure public healthcare will be just as grand.

Your rights as an individual are going to be smashed for "the public good" over the next 2 years. God willing, people wake the f*ck up and put some libertarian minded Republicans or Libertarians in congress in 2010 or we are screwed.

The good news is, even if we can't ever retake congress, what they are doing is unsustainable. It will collapse. Don't let anyone tell you that the skittle sh*ting unicorn can't go broke. They certainly can if revenues to the IRS crash* and we have a bond market dislocation. I pray for the day. And I will laugh my *** off when it happens.

*has already happened

Obama has bet the entire nation on "animal spirits" and other Keynesian bullsh*t.

yeah, govt. healthcare would suck as well, i'm sure. but as a safety net to people that currently rely on the ER instead, it's probably better.

and i understand China'd be pissed if we default, but what are they gonna do other than invade Taiwan to **** us off?

right now it seems like everyone else is still in a bad spot too so our crappy dollar isn't tanking as much. i'll start worrying when gold gets crazy. although, if we stop getting backed by oil things would be a lot worse

Jerk
5/11/2009, 01:30 PM
yeah, govt. healthcare would suck as well, i'm sure. but as a safety net to people that currently rely on the ER instead, it's probably better.

and i understand China'd be pissed if we default, but what are they gonna do other than invade Taiwan to **** us off?

right now it seems like everyone else is still in a bad spot too so our crappy dollar isn't tanking as much. i'll start worrying when gold gets crazy. although, if we stop getting backed by oil things would be a lot worse

I'll tell you when to start worrying. The FED is buying back 300 billion worth of treasury bonds in order to suppress the interest rates that we pay. When it fails (to keep yields low) and they announce, "We're going to do it again, and again, and again..." that is when we start to p*ss into a singularity.

OklahomaTuba
5/11/2009, 01:35 PM
Jerk, check this out...

State Sales Tax Revenues tell the story. California is absolutely cratering, for example:

Sales taxes were $452 million lower (-50.9%) than last April, and personal income taxes were down $5.7 billion (-43.6%).

Fifty percent?! FIFTY?

California is responsible for thirteen percent of the total US GDP and if it were an independent nation it would be the tenth largest economy in the world.

The idea that we can have some sort of economic recovery while the sales tax receipts - which are a direct measurement of consumer activity - are down by half is pure insanity. Where is the economic activity that is going to create this "recovery"?

And let me remind everyone - sales tax receipts are not a lagging indicator, they tell you what is going on right now.
http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archives/1030-The-Economic-Tsunami-Is-Curling-Over.html

Jerk
5/11/2009, 01:49 PM
You read ticker, too?

I've gotten to where I read it every day.

The guy usually nails his predictions.

Jerk
5/11/2009, 01:55 PM
oh yeah, and California is phucked.

They are a good example of what happens when liberals run amok.

JohnnyMack
5/11/2009, 02:59 PM
oh yeah, and California is phucked.

They are a good example of what happens when liberals run amok.

If they was smart, they'd hurry up and turn pot into a cash crop and start taxin' the beejeezus out of it.

BornandBred
5/11/2009, 03:10 PM
If they was smart, they'd hurry up and turn pot into a cash crop and start taxin' the beejeezus out of it.

They may, but the feds still ain't gunna like it. So far they've reduced/stopped their crackdowns on medicinal, but I bet they pitch a fit when it's for people who don't wanna pay pfizer to get their buzz on.

KC//CRIMSON
5/11/2009, 03:32 PM
Super High Me

Do recommend...

BornandBred
5/11/2009, 03:33 PM
Super High Me

Do recommend...

The church of 420 freaked me out. Although, I guess if you were really high, it makes sense.

Bourbon St Sooner
5/11/2009, 04:45 PM
There is another way to see how serious our situation is: Compare the unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare with the net worth of every household in America.

According to the Federal Reserve flow-of-funds figures for year-end 2007, our collective net worth as consumers was $62.7 trillion. By the end of 2008, the same figure had fallen to $51.5 trillion. Another year of growth for Social Security and Medicare liabilities would bring total unfunded government promises to about $46 trillion. That's nearly 90% of our net worth.

If consumer net worth fell an additional $5 trillion -- the same amount it fell in the last three months of 2008 -- we'd be broke.

Yes, you read that right.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/RetirementandWills/InvestForRetirement/is-america-about-to-go-broke.aspx
Just to continue to theme of this thread. My point is not to Barack bash. This is a problem that has been growing for generations, but nobody in Congress seems to care.

JLEW1818
5/11/2009, 04:51 PM
I didn't say you all, I said Tuba. And Sean Hannity is a no talent blowhard who couldn't hold Rush Limbaugh's jock.

As far as my opinion of BHO, if you'd actually bother to read my posts regarding how I feel he's handled the first 100 or so days you might be surprised. But stick to your simplistic dichotomies. It's easier.

Who is your favorite president of all time? Just curious.

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2009, 04:55 PM

You're definitely right about this. I'm damned near ashamed to call myself a conservative with a no-talent brainless empty suit like Sean Hannity as a spokesman.

The movement has many fine spokespersons and most of them are totally unknown to the masses. The truth is, Hannity is just not very intelligent and in that respect he certainly caters to his audience.

JLEW1818
5/11/2009, 04:57 PM
I consider Hannity more commentary. Even he doesn't' believe half the **** he yells out.

5/11/2009, 08:15 PM
You're definitely right about this. I'm damned near ashamed to call myself a conservative with a no-talent brainless empty suit like Sean Hannity as a spokesman.

The movement has many fine spokespersons and most of them are totally unknown to the masses. The truth is, Hannity is just not very intelligent and in that respect he certainly caters to his audience.Haha. He's boring, so you call him brainless?

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2009, 08:33 PM
Haha. He's boring, so you call him brainless?

No, I call him brainless because he's literally stupid.

5/11/2009, 08:36 PM
No, I call him brainless because he's literally stupid.It's hard to believe you really think that.

SicEmBaylor
5/11/2009, 09:32 PM
It's hard to believe you really think that.

I do because he is. The man is simply not intelligent.

yankee
5/12/2009, 01:24 AM
I do because he is. The man is simply not intelligent.

sean hannity is not stupid.
he's just not a very good conservative representative IMO. someone calls him out on something he'll drown them out with "you're un-american" like phrases...

however, i'll watch him over any damned lib on cnn or msnbc....

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2009, 02:39 AM
sean hannity is not stupid.
he's just not a very good conservative representative IMO. someone calls him out on something he'll drown them out with "you're un-american" like phrases...

however, i'll watch him over any damned lib on cnn or msnbc....

If he isn't stupid then he sure knows how to fake it. I've never heard him propose an original thought, come up with a thought provoking line of questioning to his guests, display a fundamental understanding of what conservatism is truly about (aside from a set of seemingly independent policy positions), or make a statement that isn't so ridiculously shallow that I start to think I've dove into the kiddie pool of intellectual conservatism.\

He parrots bumper sticker slogans all day and repeats them ad-nausem even at times when what he is saying has NOTHING to do with what the conversation is currently about. I've seen guests literally dumbfounded by his stupidity to the point that they jump in and actually rescue him from the situation in order to save the stupendously awkward moment he created.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he contributes nothing to conservatism and the only reason he's on the radio is because he has mass appeal (I'm not a fan of the masses) and he looks good on TV.

OklahomaTuba
5/12/2009, 09:11 AM
Give me Mark Levin any day over Hannity. I really cannot stand that guy at all.

JohnnyMack
5/12/2009, 09:11 AM
If he isn't stupid then he sure knows how to fake it. I've never heard him propose an original thought, come up with a thought provoking line of questioning to his guests, display a fundamental understanding of what conservatism is truly about (aside from a set of seemingly independent policy positions), or make a statement that isn't so ridiculously shallow that I start to think I've dove into the kiddie pool of intellectual conservatism.\

He parrots bumper sticker slogans all day and repeats them ad-nausem even at times when what he is saying has NOTHING to do with what the conversation is currently about. I've seen guests literally dumbfounded by his stupidity to the point that they jump in and actually rescue him from the situation in order to save the stupendously awkward moment he created.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he contributes nothing to conservatism and the only reason he's on the radio is because he has mass appeal (I'm not a fan of the masses) and he looks good on TV.

This.

OklahomaRed
5/12/2009, 09:26 AM

Quit spewing generalities and give specific examples of a point he has made that you would consider "stupid"? Link?

SoonerProphet
5/12/2009, 09:29 AM
I think the silliness that is the "Great American Panel", speaks volumes about the cats intellect.

OklahomaTuba
5/12/2009, 02:57 PM
Compared to the angry bull dyke on mrs.nbc, Hannity's a f'kn genius.

5/12/2009, 05:23 PM
Hannity's VERY bright. he's just BORING.

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2009, 05:25 PM
Hannity's VERY bright. he's just BORING.

What makes you think he's very bright?

KC//CRIMSON
5/12/2009, 05:26 PM
Has Hannity been waterboarded for charity yet?

5/12/2009, 05:32 PM
He explains himself very well, has an excellent memory, and can/does go into considerable detail about the issues he's discussing. But, he's sort of a goody-goody, and sucks up to some of the libs he interviews, making him BORING.

SicEmBaylor
5/12/2009, 05:41 PM
He explains himself very well, has an excellent memory, and can/does go into considerable detail about the issues he's discussing. But, he's sort of a goody-goody, and sucks up to some of the libs he interviews, making him BORING.

He does explain himself well, but that's because the points he's explaining are so simplistic and shallow that he'd be certifiably retarded if he couldn't. I don't know if he has a good memory or not -- you do know that he just reads from a teleprompter don't you which also accounts for any "detail" he gives. I honestly have never heard him give a legitimately in-depth discussion on any issue.

As for sucking up to liberals, you do know that it's not necessary to outright and constantly attack the other side right? There's such a thing as reasoned discussion, class, and treating your guest with hospitality and dignity.

And, yes, Rachel Maddow is a brainless wench on par with Hannity.

5/12/2009, 06:04 PM
He does explain himself well, but that's because the points he's explaining are so simplistic and shallow that he'd be certifiably retarded if he couldn't. I don't know if he has a good memory or not -- you do know that he just reads from a teleprompter don't you which also accounts for any "detail" he gives. I honestly have never heard him give a legitimately in-depth discussion on any issue.

As for sucking up to liberals, you do know that it's not necessary to outright and constantly attack the other side right? There's such a thing as reasoned discussion, class, and treating your guest with hospitality and dignity.

And, yes, Rachel Maddow is a brainless wench on par with Hannity.You have convinced yourself he's stupid. I'm not going to change your mind. He does seem to go overboard in the area of treating people with hospitality and dignity. You should be willing to praise him for that. [hairGel]

Ardmore_Sooner
5/12/2009, 06:07 PM
You guys actually watch cable news networks?

Me thinks you are all stupid for that! :D