PDA

View Full Version : Chaisson Update

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 01:55 PM
KVBC.com

Update: Justin Chaisson pleaded no constest to misdemeanor battery-domestic violence and coercion in an attack on his former girlfriend. Chaisson's girlfriend claimed he abducted her, attacked her, and threatened her with a screwdriver.

Under the deal, Chaisson received three years probation, which includes domestic violence counseling and 48 hours of community service.

The teen is set to play football this fall at the University of Oklahoma on a sports scholarship.

Jello Biafra
5/6/2009, 02:07 PM
lawyers? anything?

MojoRisen
5/6/2009, 02:12 PM
Money! it's a hit, don't give me that too goody good bull s%(*&^*(&^.

Justice - now let's move on... Justin "the Terrible" Chiasson stay out of trouble dude. All in the world is well and you just have to be a good boy "off the field"...

htownsooner7
5/6/2009, 02:13 PM
Pretty good deal for him given the circumstances. DA knew that he couldn't make the felony case but also knew the threat to Chaisson that was lingering. 3 yrs probation, counseling, and community service means good lawyering, level headed DA, and weak evidence.

Collier11
5/6/2009, 04:03 PM
Justin Chaisson gets 3 year probation after pleading no contest to 4 gross misidemeanors, his attorney said," Chaisson heading to OU."

According to Chaisson’s lawyer, Michael Cristalli, the ruling will not have an effect on Chaisson’s athletic scholarship from Oklahoma University which he had accepted before the incident.

“He’s still going to Oklahoma,” Cristalli said. “We were working in conjunction with Oklahoma with these negotiations to make sure they would be comfortable with him going to the university and participating in the program.”
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...ars-probation/

120 hours of community service over that three year period.

goingoneight
5/6/2009, 04:10 PM
Get ready for four more years of idiot whorns and agroids bringing up Dvoracek as if they know what's "really" going on. :rolleyes:

I hope he takes the second chance and makes something of himself.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/6/2009, 04:16 PM
Calling Lid...

Jello Biafra
5/6/2009, 04:18 PM
Calling Lid...

hes too busy washing his hair to bother with the likes of us hunchbacks...

AlbqSooner
5/6/2009, 08:03 PM
Good lawyering. No money involved I would bet. The DA had a case that was shaky at best. He wanted to deal the thing to keep a bit of a leash on Justin so that he will behave in the future. Justin, on the other hand, could not risk going to trial even though the case was somewhat weak. I used to tell clients I would love to try this case, but it if DOES go bad I am not doing the time for you. It is called a plea of convenience. The risk is gone for both sides and neither side took a beating in the process.

I did not read the link and do not know Nevada law, but in many jurisdictions you can make such a plea without admitting guilt, despite what the Civil attorney Lid might tell you. Basically a plea of nolo contendre (no contest) is a statement that I do not admit guilt but will not contest the charges given the terms of the plea bargain. Lid's reference to having to admit that you did the acts charged is part of the plea acceptance by the Court if you plead guilty. The dialogue goes like this:

Judge: Do you plead guilty because your are guilty?
Defendant: Yes, Your Honor.
Judge: Do you admit that you did the acts charged in the Information?
Judge: Very well. I accept your plea of guilty and find you guilty.

nighttrain12
5/6/2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/may/06/gorman-athlete-sentenced-three-years-probation/

According to a police report, on March 17, Chaisson forced his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend into the back seat of his sport utility vehicle in a coffee shop parking lot.

The victim told police Chaisson punched her in the ribs and drove her into the desert where he pulled her from the car. She said he then put a screwdriver to her neck and threatened to kill her until two of her friends pulled up on the scene and he forced her into his car again.

According to the police report, the incident ended when one of the two friends called 911 and Chaisson told his ex-girlfriend to exit his vehicle at a storage facility.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 12:10 AM
Just to clear things up for anyone thinking that he will be at OU now for sure,

From James Hale
"Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops has made no determination on whether he would honor Chaisson's scholarship."

Collier11
5/7/2009, 12:13 AM
From Chaissons attorney,

“I had a great experience interacting with the people at OU, they don’t automatically label somebody,” Cristalli said. “It doesn’t meant they aren’t concerned, but the one thing I gathered from my experience with them is that they give people an opportunity to find out what kind of character an individual has. They’ve ultimately have had the opportunity to get to know Justin and his family, and that the allegations were not reflective of his personality.

“This was a bump in the road, but it’s something he’s learning from. Hopefully the university and the people in Oklahoma will give Justin the opportunity to get to know him and realize he’s a kind person.”

Piware
5/7/2009, 04:25 AM
Going forward JC better behave like a darned choir boy. Don't think Coach will stand still for it if he gets in hot water again. May be just the motivation
Chaisson needs to get the message - or he can ask Ryan Broyles and sit for a year.

Wish we could put a "smart chip" in their brains that make the marginal ones realize a few incidents, trivial in their view, can end a dream.

OU_Sooners75
5/7/2009, 04:29 AM
From Chaissons attorney,

“I had a great experience interacting with the people at OU, they don’t automatically label somebody,” Cristalli said. “It doesn’t meant they aren’t concerned, but the one thing I gathered from my experience with them is that they give people an opportunity to find out what kind of character an individual has. They’ve ultimately have had the opportunity to get to know Justin and his family, and that the allegations were not reflective of his personality.

“This was a bump in the road, but it’s something he’s learning from. Hopefully the university and the people in Oklahoma will give Justin the opportunity to get to know him and realize he’s a kind person.”

Nice...thanks.

Wish him luck and hope he doesnt screw it up.

Also, thanks for the comment from James Hale...Just cause Stoops has not made any comments as of yet, does not mean he has not made a determination.

I like James Hale, but sometimes he can be a little naive.

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 08:14 AM
Good lawyering. No money involved I would bet. The DA had a case that was shaky at best. He wanted to deal the thing to keep a bit of a leash on Justin so that he will behave in the future. Justin, on the other hand, could not risk going to trial even though the case was somewhat weak. I used to tell clients I would love to try this case, but it if DOES go bad I am not doing the time for you. It is called a plea of convenience. The risk is gone for both sides and neither side took a beating in the process.

I did not read the link and do not know Nevada law, but in many jurisdictions you can make such a plea without admitting guilt, despite what the Civil attorney Lid might tell you. Basically a plea of nolo contendre (no contest) is a statement that I do not admit guilt but will not contest the charges given the terms of the plea bargain. Lid's reference to having to admit that you did the acts charged is part of the plea acceptance by the Court if you plead guilty. The dialogue goes like this:

Judge: Do you plead guilty because your are guilty?
Judge: Do you admit that you did the acts charged in the Information?
Judge: Very well. I accept your plea of guilty and find you guilty.

From what I understand, you have the vast majority of it correct. At least in Texas, a nolo plea is exactly that, you do not admit the allegations, but you don't contest them. However, based on this plead, the Court then finds the defendant guilty of the crimes of which he is charged and more often than not, a guilty finding is then entered by the Court and the Court adopts the plea bargain.

At the end of the day, the question is, "does this young man have the potential to be a very good defensive lineman?" Since the answer is "yes," Stoops will accept him.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 08:46 AM
From what I understand, you have the vast majority of it correct. At least in *Texas*, a nolo plea is exactly that, you do not admit the allegations, but you don't contest them. However, based on this plead, the Court then finds the defendant guilty of the crimes of which he is charged and more often than not, a guilty finding is then entered by the Court and the Court adopts the plea bargain.

At the end of the day, the question is, "does this young man have the potential to be a very good defensive lineman?" Since the answer is "yes," Stoops will accept him.

good thing the question wasn't "did the tv belong to him?" and "was he on the lease"?

OUDoc
5/7/2009, 09:38 AM

You know better than that, Lid. It will improve his chances, but Bob has cut good players with bad character before.

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 10:12 AM
You know better than that, Lid. It will improve his chances, but Bob has cut good players with bad character before.

Who?

The Jarboe kid?

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:18 AM
Uh, Bomar

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 10:21 AM
Uh, Bomar

jd quinn...starter and projected all-BIG XII performer

dusty Dvorcek starter and projected all american

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:22 AM
Who?

The Jarboe kid?

I find it absolutely hilarious that texas fans would whine or dog OU about anything related to character issues.

1st of all, we both know that Mack and Stoops have given guys 2nd chances, it happens

2nd of all, Stoops has a history of not putting up with people who have bad character, no matter how good they are or what their name is. Remember when he sent our stud DT home from the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago

3rd of all, you have over 100 kids on your team, it is bound to happen that a few will get into trouble. It is how you handle that situation and how they respond that matters

4th, Texas had a long list of guys getting in trouble a few years ago, even threatening to kill other people so dont act like Stoops character all the sudden is below you if he gives this kid a chance

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:28 AM
We all remember this dont we

http://bobostonepony.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bookemhorns.jpg

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 10:42 AM
im not sure fo the pic, i cant see it here at work. who is it?

anyone remember one of the first quotes that endeered us to mr. stoops?

asked about ahmed kabba leaving the team....

im pretty sure we can find someone else to catch 8 passes...

im not positive but i remember talking to one of my friends who was attending OU at the time telling me kabba was of the mindset that he WAS the offense and walked around campus like he owned the place. in fact, out of all the players we lost when he took over, the only one we missed that first season was demond parker. we would have had several more wins in 99 if he would have stayed. including a win at notre dame and parker may still be playing in the NFL if he would have stayed.the qb that fell out of the back of a truck? he didnt just "decide" to go elsewhere. he was asked to leave and stoops didnt out him for being an out of control alchy bum. all the lineman we have lost over the years...a few of them actually ended up on other rosters. i personally feel like some of them may have been discipline issues that no one knew about.

the list goes on and on. lid you're outmatched. you. are. a. pompous. ***.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:46 AM
Its the Longhorns all conviction team

G8trGr8t
5/7/2009, 10:51 AM
What do you guys think about Kiffen giving a convicted rapist a scholarship?

Daniel Hood, at age 13, helped his friends duct tape his 14 year old cousin to a bed and then stood by idly while she was violated with an inanimate object.

Some people think that he has seen the light and is now remorseful for his actions; I think if it was one of my daughters, he would have seen the bright light a long time ago and he could have apologized to his maker in person.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 10:57 AM
I wouldnt want him

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 10:59 AM
G8trGr8t do we need the details.........really.

G8trGr8t
5/7/2009, 11:10 AM

That is why it was left to a separate link.

Hope I did not offend but some people like to know all the facts before reaching a decision.

Link removed

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:11 AM

agreed. there is a whole pandoars box opened in a case like this...

lol first of all, you guys are hardcore...i thought records like this were sealed on a kid who was 13 or something

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 11:24 AM
I find it absolutely hilarious that *Texas* fans would whine or dog OU about anything related to character issues.

1st of all, we both know that *Mack* and Stoops have given guys 2nd chances, it happens

2nd of all, Stoops has a history of not putting up with people who have bad character, no matter how good they are or what their name is. Remember when he sent our stud DT home from the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago

3rd of all, you have over 100 kids on your team, it is bound to happen that a few will get into trouble. It is how you handle that situation and how they respond that matters

4th, *Texas* had a long list of guys getting in trouble a few years ago, even threatening to kill other people so dont act like Stoops character all the sudden is below you if he gives this kid a chance

First, Bomar and Quinn were NCAA issues... not criminal issues. The jig was up, they were caught redhanded and if allowed to play after the administration allegedly had knowledge that they had violated NCAA rules, games would have been forfeited and who knows what other probationary penalties would have been enforced.

As for the Texas issues, Robert Joseph, Andre Jones, Ramonce Taylor.. all gone after their issues arose. Chris Collins... scholly offer was revoked when his allegations came out. The DWIs of Kindle, etc... 3 game suspensions at the start of the 2007 season.. What did Loadholt get again?

Your stud DT was sent home because he was caught redhanded stealing from a Burlington Coat Factory. He missed the usual bowl loss, did not appear in court when ordered and that had to be resolved as well. (Now, how many players have had warrants issued in the past month for failure to appear or pay minor traffic tickets?)

Broyles plead to theft didn't he?

Jarboes issues last year.

An offensive linemen that even Lester the Molester Miles wouldn't keep.. finds a home at OU.

Someone mentioned Dvoracek.. it was actually his 4th chance and he was allowed back on the team.

Now, you have an adult who has.. what... 5 criminal convictions?.. including physically assaulting a minor girl...

And you really, really, really don't think there's a perception of a "win at any and all costs" mentality?

picasso
5/7/2009, 11:31 AM
good lord you're a ****.

Let me know when you finish the Windex cleaning on *Texas*' glass house.

there, I feel better.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:31 AM
And you really, really, really don't think there's a perception of a "win at any and all costs" mentality?

funny....

we have the same perception of your team.
o well...i guess we can't come to a common ground... you promise to leave here, ill promise to not visit a longhorn site again. easy peazy..

soonerfan28
5/7/2009, 11:34 AM
Someone mentioned Dvoracek.. it was actually his 4th chance and he was allowed back on the team.

Maybe I missed something. What were his first 3?

picasso
5/7/2009, 11:36 AM
yeah Dvoracek was kicked off a team that had a national title in its sights. that right there is the definition of "win at all costs" my friends.

Lid, your hyperbole is weak and old. kind of like you.

47straight
5/7/2009, 11:40 AM
Lid, why don't you spend some time in the thread discussing the lack of a tiebreaker rule change this year.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 11:43 AM
Lid, why don't you spend some time in the thread discussing the lack of a tiebreaker rule change this year.

think about it...how can he tie morale highground into that discussion?

SoonerInFortSmith
5/7/2009, 11:52 AM

Lid, I think accepting pay without working is a character issue. We weren't listing criminals, just speaking of character.

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 12:21 PM
Lid, I think accepting pay without working is a character issue. We weren't listing criminals, just speaking of character.

There is no doubt that that is true.

However, bringing on a criminal element for the most part will not get you put on probation or result in scholarships being pulled. Utilizing players who knowingly violated NCAA rules after the school administration knows about it will result in said sanctions.. (unless you're USC).

picasso
5/7/2009, 12:23 PM
There is no doubt that that is true.

However, bringing on a criminal element for the most part will not get you put on probation or result in scholarships being pulled. Utilizing players who knowingly violated NCAA rules after the school administration knows about it will result in said sanctions.. (unless you're USC).

well no ****. thanks for educating us on that one.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 01:11 PM
well no ****. thanks for educating us on that one.

as usual, lid is talking apples and penis...

CobraKai
5/7/2009, 01:27 PM
First, Bomar and Quinn were NCAA issues... not criminal issues. The jig was up, they were caught redhanded and if allowed to play after the administration allegedly had knowledge that they had violated NCAA rules, games would have been forfeited and who knows what other probationary penalties would have been enforced.

As for the *Texas* issues, Robert Joseph, Andre Jones, Ramonce Taylor.. all gone after their issues arose. Chris Collins... scholly offer was revoked when his allegations came out. The DWIs of Kindle, etc... 3 game suspensions at the start of the 2007 season.. What did Loadholt get again?

Your stud DT was sent home because he was caught redhanded stealing from a Burlington Coat Factory. He missed the usual bowl loss, did not appear in court when ordered and that had to be resolved as well. (Now, how many players have had warrants issued in the past month for failure to appear or pay minor traffic tickets?)

Broyles plead to theft didn't he?

Jarboes issues last year.

An offensive linemen that even Lester the Molester Miles wouldn't keep.. finds a home at OU.

Now, you have an adult who has.. what... 5 criminal convictions?.. including physically assaulting a minor girl...

They (Bomar & Quinn) could have been suspended for 1 game and asked to pay back the money. That is what happened with Troy Smith and Jarrett at USC the same season. Stoops was FAR more harsh in discipline than he needed to be. He could have easily gotten by with a 1 game suspension.

How many games was Cedric Benson suspended after his B&E arrest? How about his drug arrest?

badger
5/7/2009, 01:56 PM
sweep the leg :)

(bet you get tired of people saying that)

CobraKai
5/7/2009, 02:10 PM
sweep the leg :)

(bet you get tired of people saying that)

I never get tired of that!

For the record, I'm not a fan of Chaisson being allowed on the team. I wish he was not coming to Norman. However, Texas fans are in no position to throw stones. At least until they can explain why Cedric Benson was not booted after his many transgressions, including aggravated B&E.

Brock Edwards pulled a Dusty and nearly beat a guy half his size to death, and did not get a one year suspension. I'm not sure if he even got a one game suspension.

Also, there is Marko Martin, who was accused in High School of sexually assaulting a 6-year old child. He went to Texas and and after finishing up was finally prosecuted. Link here: http://www.kffl.com/player/15443/NFL

Explain again how Texas always takes the high road?

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 02:30 PM
I never get tired of that!

For the record, I'm not a fan of Chaisson being allowed on the team. I wish he was not coming to Norman. However, *Texas* fans are in no position to throw stones. At least until they can explain why Cedric Benson was not booted after his many transgressions, including aggravated B&E.

Agree 1000% percent. His half game suspension was not nearly enough. It should have been much more. (a sooner fan would say.. "boomer... he's just havin a good time.. make him co-captain!)

Brock Edwards pulled a Dusty and nearly beat a guy half his size to death, and did not get a one year suspension. I'm not sure if he even got a one game suspension.

Agreed there too. The suspension should have been for multiple games.

Also, there is Marko Martin, who was accused in High School of sexually assaulting a 6-year old child. He went to *Texas* and and after finishing up was finally prosecuted. Link here: http://www.kffl.com/player/15443/NFL

The same Marco Martin who left UT in 2005 and wasn't indicted until 2006. THAT Marco Martin?

Explain again how *Texas* always takes the high road?

If you want a defense at all costs of the UT program, you won't find it from me. These athletes receive more than most any of us could possibly hope for. As such, there is a higher standard of responsibility. When that responsibility is violated, the price should be much more severe.. especially when you have minor girls involved.

I believe a university's reputation is far bigger and more important than any one athlete and a "win at any and all costs" attitude cheapens the reputation of the university and its alumni.

CobraKai
5/7/2009, 02:45 PM
If you want a defense at all costs of the UT program, you won't find it from me. These athletes receive more than most any of us could possibly hope for. As such, there is a higher standard of responsibility. When that responsibility is violated, the price should be much more severe.. especially when you have minor girls involved.

I believe a university's reputation is far bigger and more important than any one athlete and a "win at any and all costs" attitude cheapens the reputation of the university and its alumni.

Then we agree. Again, I said that I am disappointed that Chaisson is coming to OU. He may prove to be a model citizen, but I would rather not have the black eye. I only get defensive when fans of other schools try to imply that this sort of things does not go on at their school. It does. Texas has their share of complete and total thugs, gangsters, and criminals on their roster. Robert Joseph was a bone thug gangster while playing for Texas long before he got arrested and booted. The Texas coaches did not think he was a model citizen up until the point he committed multiple felonies and had some thug teammates tamper with evidence and intimidate witnesses. It is great that Mack then booted him, but you can't act like Mack and the coaches did not know that they recruited some straight up criminals and were just hoping they stayed out of trouble.

For the record, I am not just painting Texas with this brush. We all recruit the same kids. OSU, aTm ,OU, Arkansas, Texas...whatever. They all have their collection of players that are far from model citizens, were not model citizens in high school, and are just trying to keep from getting arrested.

picasso
5/7/2009, 03:04 PM
I also think arrogant a-hole alumni cheapen the reputation of a university and I never in my life have met any worse than you guys.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 03:12 PM
I also think arrogant a-hole alumni cheapen the reputation of a university and I never in my life have met any worse than you guys.

+2

zing!

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 03:12 PM

Inferiority complex much?

Don't you have a coloring book to fill in ?

picasso
5/7/2009, 03:22 PM
Inferiority complex much?

no complexes here. other than when I go to church.

I'm talking about pricks from your school. Plenty of 'em.
My first true introduction was the 2nd RRS I attended in '91.
Tact and class ain't in your handbook Lid. Preach it all you want though.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 03:28 PM

and why do you hang aound here? seriosuly...it gets old. your response is the ONLY educated and informed banter and we are all just a bunch of inbred, undeucated hunchbacks... mom throw you out of the house again?

starclassic tama
5/7/2009, 03:33 PM
i'm no psychologist, but seems to me like one who consistently accuses others of inferiority complex is really the one with the inferiority complex

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 03:34 PM
no complexes here. other than when I go to church.

I'm talking about pricks from your school. Plenty of 'em.
My first true introduction was the 2nd RRS I attended in '91.
Tact and class ain't in your handbook Lid. Preach it all you want though.

Every school has them... some much more than others.

Since you don't know me, have never met me, will never meet me... your views on tact and class don't seem to be well founded on any personal knowledge. However, it is rather ironic you mentioning "tact and class" with the numerous personal attacks you and your little buddy Jello instigate though.

It's the internet. Get over it. :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2009, 03:45 PM
as my friend 85sooners would say,

:pop:

picasso
5/7/2009, 03:47 PM
It's the internet. Get over it. :rolleyes:
ditto that.

picasso
5/7/2009, 03:52 PM
I also find it interesting how people like you like to drag out OU's obvious problems with a small number of kids all the while giving no thought or mention to the players who have achieved greatly. There's a recent story about Nic Harris out on the web. check it out.

Not to mention some of Switzer's former players who are now athletic directors, preachers and former Lt. governors. But hey, keep on hating.

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 04:08 PM
I also find it interesting how people like you like to drag out OU's obvious problems with a small number of kids all the while giving no thought or mention to the players who have achieved greatly. There's a recent story about Nic Harris out on the web. check it out.

Not to mention some of Switzer's former players who are now athletic directors, preachers and former Lt. governors. But hey, keep on hating.

Actually.. nothing could be further from the truth. Try to find one post from me on here about Sam Bradford that is anything but complementary... seems like a great kid with his head on straight... a very admirable representative from your school.

I'm also well aware of people like J.C. Watts.

I have a number of Sooners who are close friends.

Again.. go back and look at your posting on here.. and tell me who instigates personal attacks and insults. You may not like what I have to post on here.. but you also can't deny there's a lot of merit.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 04:14 PM
It would be pretty easy to agree if Texas fans werent so dumb all the time, im not talking about you but any board you get on where they roam around, they have no ability to think clearly.

Here it is plain and simple, all schools have bad kids, more good than bad though. We all have kids that screw up and get 2nd chances, sometimes deserved sometimes not, but it happens

So for ut fans to act like Stoops is running some renegade program when those fans dont have any of the actual info, it is annoying and flat out wrong. He is in fact one of the highest character coaches in the country, not saying he is better than anyone but he is right up there.

I personally get really irritated by all the Stoops cheats and has no character claims by ut fans cus it couldnt be further from the truth and in fact the things that he does that are criticized are done by ut and every other school

stoops the eternal pimp
5/7/2009, 04:14 PM
Lid invented swine flu and hates kids..everybody knows that

TexasLidig8r
5/7/2009, 04:26 PM

And I stole the Hurricane Ike and Rita hurricane-creating machine that George Bush had when he was in office and I'm getting ready to let them loose upon Jello and Picasso.

Jello Biafra
5/7/2009, 04:33 PM
And I stole the Hurricane Ike and Rita hurricane-creating machine that George Bush had when he was in office and I'm getting ready to let them loose upon Jello and Picasso.

lol bring it...don't sing it.

NYC Poke
5/7/2009, 04:54 PM

I've heard he's kinda partial to kids, IYKWIM. ;)

CrimsonJim
5/7/2009, 06:19 PM
All I know is this guy is a real tool. I've read some real crap from trolls in the past, but this guy takes the cake. A true w*horn* fan through and through, with the complete lack of common sense that makes them the 'special' breed they are.

Crucifax Autumn
5/7/2009, 10:23 PM
If Lid's anti-Chaisson I think that gives us all at least one thing to like about the kid.

goingoneight
5/9/2009, 12:22 AM
Dvoracek, revisted FWIW:

COULD have gone into the 2004 draft and just said "F off, Stoops..."

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT... he got into rehab voluntarily (coach can't force you when you're off the team), he hit the books hard to stay on track in school and he many times over apologized, begged and pleaded with his coaches and teammates. It was a gamble, but Stoops let him back on. Having Dusty doesn't change what happened in 2005, Stoops knew we were in for some tough times, and he could have easily went with Pendleton, Bennett, maybe burned Granger's redshirt... Dusty Dvoracek was not the end-all key to winning anything. He came back to make things right and end on as good a note as anyone in his position could have. To this day, he's respectful and still just as hard the worker as he became during his off-time in 2004.

I've messed up before on a lot of things. Granted, I'm not crazy strong enough to beat someone down like he did, but my understanding is it was two drunk fools arguing and one of them was just a little bit bigger and stronger than the other. It sucks. Always did, always will.

IF Chaisson comes to Norman, I only hope he takes Dusty's road from 2005 on. Anything less than devoting every breath to doing better is unacceptable. That's up to Stoops to determine based on the kid's history, personality and dedication whether or not he deserves this chance. Just because Dvoracek and Chaisson are both D-Linemen doesn't mean they're like two Chevy trucks rolling off the assembly line. There's different people, situations and circumstances involved.

As for Lid wanting to know about character issues... it varies with the person. How well does he get along with the players and coaches? Is he a good student? Is this really a one time thing? I think we can all agree that so far there's a difference between Ryan Broyles and Ryan Perriloux. Police records... yeah, they got 'em. But you know some guys might do well and others just never learn. Some guys screw up and it's a very rare, unheard of act out that particular person. If you recruited only straight-A student, classy, model citizens worldly scholars... you'd be... Stanford. Harvard. Yale.
So, for our holier-than-thou types... how good is UT without say... any pot smokers? What, do you have like nine guys on scholarship then? How about... no dumb kids? You really think all D1 athletes are Bradford/C. McCoy types? Really? Here's one... how about we suspend or expel anyone with any kind of arrest? How about we put spies out to find out if the athletes are doing everything by the book 24-7? How good is your 11-1, BIG 12 Champion***** Texas Longhorns team, then? How good is ours?

Yeah... I don't like the sound of that, either.

AlbqSooner
5/9/2009, 07:19 AM
From what I understand, you have the vast majority of it correct. At least in **Texas**, a nolo plea is exactly that, you do not admit the allegations, but you don't contest them. However, based on this plead, the Court then finds the defendant guilty of the crimes of which he is charged and more often than not, a guilty finding is then entered by the Court and the Court adopts the plea bargain.

Contrast this with your post in the Justin Chaisson thread:

"And here's an adult who has already plead guilty to battery and coercion.. and is ready to plead guilty to FOUR more counts... and yet... with very few exceptions... sooner fans are welcoming him with open arms.

When these guilty pleas are entered, he is going to have to stand in front of the court and admit he did these things.. there can be no waiving.. there has to be an outright admission he did the things to which he is pleading guilty."
Unfortunately you did not seem in the previous post to appreciate the distinction between a plea of guilty, which you assumed to be the case, and a plea of nolo contendre, which was the reality.

It is easy to change one's argument for the sake of self aggrandizement if you believe that your audience is not paying attention. :P

Jello Biafra
5/9/2009, 07:35 AM
Contrast this with your post in the Justin Chaisson thread:

"And here's an adult who has already plead guilty to battery and coercion.. and is ready to plead guilty to FOUR more counts... and yet... with very few exceptions... sooner fans are welcoming him with open arms.

When these guilty pleas are entered, he is going to have to stand in front of the court and admit he did these things.. there can be no waiving.. there has to be an outright admission he did the things to which he is pleading guilty."
Unfortunately you did not seem in the previous post to appreciate the distinction between a plea of guilty, which you assumed to be the case, and a plea of nolo contendre, which was the reality.

It is easy to change one's argument for the sake of self aggrandizement if you believe that your audience is not paying attention. :P

of course no ones paying attention. at least not to the substance of his posts. they're only paying attention to the fact that there is a whoren amongst us....fuggin up the karma of the board.

RiddlerOK
5/9/2009, 08:17 AM
Lid, it's good to see you around again. It was getting pretty boring here in these parts, if you know what I mean........ (tongue in cheek)

Sooner70
5/9/2009, 09:51 AM
With Lid, it's a little like the pot calling the kettle black. Wasn't that long ago that the Austin newspaper was regularly publishing photos & stories about the numerous University of Texas football players up on criminal charges including possession, breaking & entering, assault, etc. In fact, for awhile it got almost comical to hear who the next Longhorn would be booked. (Remember those "Book 'em Horns" T shirts). Any school that produces crackhead Ricky Williams and thief Cedric Benson doesn't have a lot of room to talk about anybody else.

Anyway, one thing lost in the argument is that all the others spoken about--Dvoracek, Quinn, Bomar, Jarboe, etc. happened on Stoops watch. He had to take action. This guy isn't on Stoops watch. PiWare is right. He's coming with a strike or two already against him & he's gonna be on Stoops' watch list. One step outta line & he's gone. You can bet on it. Stoops will do the right thing. He's doing the right thing now.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/9/2009, 10:33 AM

So Lid is OK if it is minor boys?

RedstickSooner
5/11/2009, 12:49 AM
So Lid is OK if it is minor boys?

Not sure if this is the argument you're making, but if you're saying it should be the same if you beat up a girl, or beat up a boy, I disagree.

Probably means I'm sexist, but s'okay. Everybody's got flaws. Mine are just more awesome than anyone else's, because they're mine.

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 12:59 AM
All I can say is I hope lid never has to face up to a bunch of media types blowing something out of proportion and plastering his name all over the tv without any proof of any wrongdo....

blah blah blah

Huh?

Seriously Cru...blah blah blah blah and cameras blah

Oh, ok...Nevermind

SoonerInFortSmith
5/11/2009, 08:53 AM
Not sure if this is the argument you're making, but if you're saying it should be the same if you beat up a girl, or beat up a boy, I disagree.

Probably means I'm sexist, but s'okay. Everybody's got flaws. Mine are just more awesome than anyone else's, because they're mine.

Actually, I was attempting a tasteless jab at Lid's sexuality.

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2009, 09:41 AM
All I can say is I hope lid never has to face up to a bunch of media types blowing something out of proportion and plastering his name all over the tv without any proof of any wrongdo....

blah blah blah

Huh?

Seriously Cru...blah blah blah blah and cameras blah

Oh, ok...Nevermind

Actually.. that happened last year. Had a client have the ABC affiliate come in with cameras rolling... I had to diffuse the situation... the reporter did a schlock piece in which he had more "facts" incorrect than correct.

We were going to sue for slander and business disparagement.. but both my business and my client's business increased as a result of the publicity.

badger
5/11/2009, 09:44 AM
Goodness, is this discussion still going?! In multiple threads?! STILL?!

Offseason looms. :pop:

FaninAma
5/11/2009, 09:57 AM
Texas Lid is a typical , whiney, hypocritical little Texas b*tch....nothing more, nothing less.
http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=61&tid=128085878&mid=128085878&sid=902&style=2

Views: 896, Replies: 80Thread Tools http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/mboard06_arrow.gif (javascript:void('');) Rate Thread http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/mboard06_arrow.gif (javascript:void('');) Display Options http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/mboard06_arrow.gif (javascript:void('');)Previous Topic (http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?sid=902&fid=61&style=2&tid=128085878&GetPrevious=1) | Next Topic (http://texas.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?sid=902&fid=61&style=2&tid=128085878&GetNext=1) | Back to Topics (http://texas.rivals.com/forum.asp?sid=902&fid=61&style=2) http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gif var postUser128085878=952786;DrawHeaderNew (3, 'WhyNotaSooner', 952786,'Austin','SoonerScoop.com',3544,'',0,128085 878,61,'OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress Reports',128085878,902,'#ffffff','','0','0');WhyNo taSooner (javascript:window.open('rfFan.asp?User=952786');v oid('');)
http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/forum/badge/rr3.gif (http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1014&CID=149847)
SoonerScoop.com
Post #3544 (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?Post=0&User=952786)
Austin
MyFanPage (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?User=952786)
Add Buddy (http://texas.rivals.com/rfEdit.asp?Page=5&Update=5&Add=952786)OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress ReportsReply (javascript:window.location.href=('compose.asp?sid =902&fid=61&style=2&rid=128085878&tid=128085878');)Here. The all great UT academics is all talk and no walk.

"We're Texas"...Bitch, whine, complain, and spin this as well.

This will be be fun to watch.

Link: Put up another assterisk (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/ncfnation/0-8-38/Big-12-football-and-the-APR.html)
Posted on 5/8 7:07 AM | IP: Logged

http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gifvar postUser128085949=925023;DrawHeaderNew (25, 'lord_caesar', 925023,'','',2183,'',0,128085949,61,'Re: OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress Reports',128085878,902,'#F4EAD7','','0','0');lord_ caesar (javascript:window.open('rfFan.asp?User=925023');v oid('');)
http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/forum/badge/rr25.gif (http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1014&CID=149847)
Post #2183 (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?Post=0&User=925023)
MyFanPage (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?User=925023)
Add Buddy (http://texas.rivals.com/rfEdit.asp?Page=5&Update=5&Add=925023)Re: OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress ReportsReply (javascript:window.location.href=('compose.asp?sid =902&fid=61&style=2&rid=128085949&tid=128085878');)When your student athletes get to choose from such courses as Ditch Digging 101 and Advanced Tinker Toys, it isn't hard to pass.

if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('Texas Longhorns: The REAL 2008 Big XII Champs');} Texas Longhorns: The REAL 2008 Big XII Champs

Posted on 5/8 7:13 AM | IP: Logged

http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gifvar postUser128086465=162647;DrawHeaderNew (0, 'Lidig8r', 162647,'Dallas, Texas','',145,'',0,128086465,61,'Re: OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress Reports',128085878,902,'#ffffff','http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8751/bowtiegc9.png','100','63');Lidig8r (javascript:window.open('rfFan.asp?User=162647');v oid('');)
Post #145 (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?Post=0&User=162647)
Dallas, Texas
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8751/bowtiegc9.png
MyFanPage (http://texas.rivals.com/rfFan.asp?User=162647)
Add Buddy (http://texas.rivals.com/rfEdit.asp?Page=5&Update=5&Add=162647)Re: OU tops the list in the Big 12 for Academic Progress ReportsReply (javascript:window.location.href=('compose.asp?sid =902&fid=61&style=2&rid=128086465&tid=128085878');)Typical ou English 301 Class: "Ok class... this week we start on the proper spelling of the next mostest important word for you... Sooner.. Now, I know it took two months to finally fully understand the spelling and pronunciation of the word "Boomer," but hopefully, this one will be much much easier."

Typical UT English 301 Class: "Today's assignment is to write a 20 page thesis on the differences and common characteristics of the writing styles of Ben Johnson and William Shakespeare. You will be expected to give specific examples of each and address the hypothesis that many of Shakespeare's works were alleged to have been written by Johnson. After which we will begin our discussion of the rivalry between Oscar Wilde and Ernest Hemingway. You will be expected to cite literary sources attributable to each and the manner in which their personal lifestyles affected their content and writing styles."

if (getCookie("HideSigs") != 1) {document.writeln('OU.. probation free since.. well.. Never!');} OU.. probation free since.. well.. Never!

Posted on 5/8 7:46 AM | IP: Logged

CrimsonJim
5/11/2009, 10:01 AM
^ Yeah, what he said!

badger
5/11/2009, 10:18 AM
Chill out, guys. He's a wh0rn, but he's a resident wh0rn.

Collier11
5/11/2009, 10:32 AM
that doesnt make him any better

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 10:36 AM
Besides...we're all sporting types!

Jello Biafra
5/11/2009, 10:37 AM

simply because we can't make his dumb asss leave. no one i know asked him to stay around.

badger
5/11/2009, 10:39 AM
wh0rns are half of the rivalry too. without wh0rns, who would we three-way-tie with? who would pick up poor homeless asterisks on the side of the road and give a good home? who would attend the Holiday Bowl? who would buy up the premium OU-BYU tix reserved for Jerryworld corporate sponsors? who would keep the burnt orange dye makers in business? who would keep TWO justin threads going long after this topic should have simmered and slowed down?

Collier11
5/11/2009, 10:51 AM
there are plenty of dumb people in the world ;)

Collier11
5/11/2009, 10:52 AM
yikes, post count got scary for a minute

Sooner04
5/11/2009, 10:54 AM
I still can't believe we're giving this clown a scholarship.

Collier11
5/11/2009, 11:06 AM
we havent yet

soonerfan28
5/11/2009, 11:07 AM
I hope we do.:D

Collier11
5/11/2009, 11:11 AM
I hope we do.:D

:D :mad: :D :mad: :D

CrimsonJim
5/11/2009, 11:29 AM
I have every confidence that Bob will make the right decision with this young man. He probably knows more about the situation than all the rest of us combined, so there's no sense fussin' about it. :)

FaninAma
5/11/2009, 04:14 PM

Screw him. Go to any horn board and he among the most vitriolic, anti-OU bashers on their boards. Sorry but I don't like 2-faced pr*cks.

BTW, LID. Whatever happened to Marco Martin.... you know....the DT that was at Austin 3+ years after he had been accused of raping a child? Apparently the hometown Barney Fife's couldn't find him in Austin until he was no longer of any use to the horns.

And if you want violent players being left on the team, may I site the example of Brock Edwards who savagely beat a fellow student who weighed over 100lbs less than he did. Nobody ever heard about this until a year after it happened and after Edwards had played the season. I do believe he copped a plea on the assault charges.

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2009, 05:13 PM
Screw him. Go to any horn board and he among the most vitriolic, anti-OU bashers on their boards. Sorry but I don't like 2-faced pr*cks.

Actually.. I don't post anything there that I wouldn't post here. And there are far, far more anti-OU bashers than me. I simply state facts that you obviously don't like because they establish yours and many others belief that OU is a "win at all and any costs" institution. Besides Collier being the voice of reason on here, who else believes that Chaisson should not come to OU? Very, very few. In fact, most are too busy welcoming him and attempting to throw out vitriole directed to anyone who disagrees with them.

BTW, LID. Whatever happened to Marco Martin.... you know....the DT that was at Austin 3+ years after he had been accused of raping a child? Apparently the hometown Barney Fife's couldn't find him in Austin until he was no longer of any use to the *horns*.

He was never any use to Texas... he never really played and certainly was not significant at all. Oh.. he wasn't indicted until after he left UT. If you want to compare apples to apples.. what about the case of Andre Jones.. a 5 star defensive tackle.. we could really have used him this upcoming year.. He's gone. Or... Robert Joseph, a safety with experience... he could have bolstered the secondary last year.. No.. he's gone. For recruits.. how about Chris Collins? Texas offered a scholly.. he got in trouble... Mack yanked his scholarship.. he played 2 years at Okie Lite before pleading out.

And if you want violent players being left on the team, may I site the example of Brock Edwards who savagely beat a fellow student who weighed over 100lbs less than he did. Nobody ever heard about this until a year after it happened and after Edwards had played the season. I do believe he copped a plea on the assault charges.

We're talking of athletes being recruited. And, you wont' find one post from me that supported the school's decision to leave him on the team. It was a bad decision then.. it's a bad decision now.

Look at the case of Loadholt. He got one game suspension against East Popcorn State for DWI. Sergio Kindle, got a DUI, and was suspended 3 games. Try to find one post from me that bashes Stoopsie for that.

Have you read any posts from me on here bashing the 3 most recent players who didn't bother to pay for their tickets or set a trial date resulting in warrants being issued for them?

If you really don't see any difference between DUI and the things that Chaisson was found guilty by the court of perpetrating, no amount of logic or reason is going to predominate over your blind, whatever, win at all costs attitude.

UTgolfer
5/11/2009, 05:38 PM
BTW, LID. Whatever happened to Marco Martin.... you know....the DT that was at Austin 3+ years after he had been accused of raping a child? Apparently the hometown Barney Fife's couldn't find him in Austin until he was no longer of any use to the *horns*.

Trash talking on the internet is generally harmless fun but at least try to be honest. The sexual assult claim was made in 2005 after he left the team. But let's not allow a few facts to get in our way shall we?

TexasLidig8r
5/11/2009, 05:39 PM
"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

- Winston Churchill

CrimsonJim
5/11/2009, 05:44 PM
Look at the case of Loadholt. He got one game suspension against East Popcorn State for DWI. Sergio Kindle, got a DUI, and was suspended 3 games. Try to find one post from me that bashes Stoopsie for that.

Have you read any posts from me on here bashing the 3 most recent players who didn't bother to pay for their tickets or set a trial date resulting in warrants being issued for them?

If you really don't see any difference between DUI and the things that Chaisson was found guilty by the court of perpetrating, no amount of logic or reason is going to predominate over your blind, whatever, win at all costs attitude.

So, those of us that put our trust in Stoops' decision (whatever that may be in the end) over your pompous, all-knowing diatribe of meaningless assumptions, are simply "win at all costs" fans? Choice. Real choice.

theresonly1OU
5/11/2009, 05:45 PM
"Liars share with those they deceive the desire not to be deceived."

-Sissela Bok

CrimsonJim
5/11/2009, 07:08 PM
I guess he ran outta chit to say and went to quotin' folks that actually had a clue - regardless of whether it pertains to this thread or not.

Curly Bill
5/11/2009, 07:24 PM
Like Churchill would have anything to do with a whorn. As I hear it Churchill loathed the whorns, compared them to the French in their degree of effeteness.

Lott's Bandana
5/11/2009, 08:50 PM
Like Churchill would have anything to do with a whorn. As I hear it Churchill loathed the w*horns*, compared them to the French in their degree of effeteness.

I heard when Winnie had a few too many gins, he would get up and mimic Der Fuhrer with one hand on his hip, heels together with feet pointing out and the other arm in the air at a 45 degree angle and the whorn sign displayed with his fingers.

Then he would lift a leg and rip a huge, bellowing fart and pretend to wipe his ample bum with said finger symbol.

Yep, he hated Frogs and whorn, no doubt.

OU_Sooners75
5/11/2009, 09:35 PM
"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

- Winston Churchill

Sweet a Quote War!

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

- Albert Einstein

Crucifax Autumn
5/11/2009, 09:39 PM
"He who weareth the orange, speweth the stupid."
-CrucifaxAutumn

CrimsonJim
5/11/2009, 11:03 PM
^ He do do that.

I just said do do....heh heh heh

Lott's Bandana
5/11/2009, 11:07 PM
"He who weareth the orange, whether tis he to the rancid North or the flaccid South, speweth the stupid, like a steaming, stinking, howling gale of Tourette-isms."
-CrucifaxAutumn

Isn't that what you really said, Cru?

SoonerInFortSmith
5/12/2009, 08:57 AM
As a person with Tourette's I find this very offensive. And funny as s**t!

"as*, bi**h, damn c** guzzlin', s**t fu***r!"
-SoonerInFortSmith on an orange-induced TS rant.

Crucifax Autumn
5/12/2009, 09:18 AM
Isn't that what you really said, Cru?

You got me...I was trying to keep it simple enough for them to understand it as a critical statement.

FaninAma
5/12/2009, 09:33 AM
BTW, LID. Whatever happened to Marco Martin.... you know....the DT that was at Austin 3+ years after he had been accused of raping a child? Apparently the hometown Barney Fife's couldn't find him in Austin until he was no longer of any use to the **horns**.

Trash talking on the internet is generally harmless fun but at least try to be honest. The sexual assult claim was made in 2005 after he left the team. But let's not allow a few facts to get in our way shall we?

No it wasn't. It happened in 1999 before he joined the team and the charges were made in 2005 while he was still with the team: http://www.40acressports.com/2006/08/10/former-longhorn-charged-in-sexual-assault/

And that's what I'm talking about....the arrogance of horn fans talking out of their @$$ when they don't know the facts and continue to toss rock after rock from the front porch of their own glass house.

Lid, you're a jerk for trashing OU's academic reputation because you actually believe the crap you spew. My daughter is going to OU. She scored a 1320 on the SAT, A 31 on the ACT and was accepted to Rice and Baylor as well as OU. She chose OU and I bet she does just fine with her "crappy" OU degree.

CobraKai
5/12/2009, 09:48 AM
"I drank what?"

- Socrates

badger
5/12/2009, 09:54 AM
Lid, you're a jerk for trashing OU's academic reputation because you actually believe the crap you spew.

The states of Oklahoma and Texaz have very interesting college programs for their own - Oklahoma has OHLAP, Texaz has the 10 percent rule (which I understand is up for revision because of its abuse).

With OHLAP, students get free tuition if they maintain a certain GPA and take college prep courses, as well as meet family income requirements. Of course, this does not guarantee acceptance to any state university.

With Texaz 10 percent, all you have to be is in the top 10 percent in order to get accepted to the state school of your choice, including UT.

Academics reputation?! Ha! With Oklahoma, you have to meet academic requirements, not just ace easy high school courses to be in your top 10 percent.

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 09:56 AM
No it wasn't. It happened in 1999 before he joined the team and the charges were made in 2005 while he was still with the team: http://www.40acressports.com/2006/08/10/former-longhorn-charged-in-sexual-assault/

And that's what I'm talking about....the arrogance of horn fans talking out of their @$$ when they don't know the facts and continue to toss rock after rock from the front porch of their own glass house.

This is so rich I'm not sure where to begin. According to you "...the DT was at Austin 3+ years after he had been accused...". But according to the article you linked to "...police say the victim came forward last year..." and the story was written in 2006 meaning the victim came forward in 2005. Follow that? Did you even bother to read the story you linked to? Got the facts straight now?

MojoRisen
5/12/2009, 10:11 AM
OU academics > Texas - simple

Unless we are discussing mastery of bong water....

Crucifax Autumn
5/12/2009, 10:17 AM
The police say the victim came forward last year but somehow they are claiming they couldn’t find a person who was probably on TV (on the sidelines) every weekend.

So basically, no matter when the victim came forward, the guy was a member of the team for a year after it was revealed that he molested a little 6 year old boy.

Jello Biafra
5/12/2009, 10:20 AM

Lid, you're a jerk for trashing OU's academic reputation because you actually believe the crap you spew. My daughter is going to OU. She scored a 1320 on the SAT, A 31 on the ACT and was accepted to Rice and Baylor as well as OU. She chose OU and I bet she does just fine with her "crappy" OU degree.

Martin was a top recruit who tore his ACL his senior year in high school and was never able to get back into football shape. The player nicknamed “Big Yummy” was reported to be up above 400 pounds. He left school early after last year without (I believe) ever playing a down for the Longhorns.

REALLY>!>!>!> his nickname was "big yummy"??? wrong wrong wrong!!! no wonder the kids liked him.

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 10:27 AM
So basically, no matter when the victim came forward, the guy was a member of the team for a year after it was revealed that he molested a little 6 year old boy.

No...it wasn't revealed until he was charged in the summer of 2006 after he had left the team.

Jello Biafra
5/12/2009, 10:28 AM

- Winston Churchill

no matter where you go, there you are

~bartles and james

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 10:28 AM
REALLY>!>!>!> his nickname was "big yummy"??? wrong wrong wrong!!! no wonder the kids liked him.[/QUOTE]

He pretty much ate his way off the field and never recovered from his ACL injury.

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 10:55 AM
Academics reputation?! Ha! With Oklahoma, you have to meet academic requirements, not just ace easy high school courses to be in your top 10 percent.[/QUOTE]

Debating the merits of two academic program is very qualitative and never-ending. Comparing the admission standards is quantitative and definitive. Lets take a look. Automatic admission for a resident to OU is guaranteed with a 3.0 GPA and being in the top 25% of your class. Automatic admission for a resident to UT is guaranteed by being in the top 10% of your class.

So a B average is your idea of academic excellence? Still think its relatively easier to get into UT? Think not.

picasso
5/12/2009, 11:09 AM
oh yeah, well while we're at it let's talk about all of those criminal golfers UT has put out into the world. Tom Kite? Yeah that guy has evil written all over him.

very loud noises!

Collier11
5/12/2009, 11:22 AM
Academics reputation?! Ha! With Oklahoma, you have to meet academic requirements, not just ace easy high school courses to be in your top 10 percent.

Debating the merits of two academic program is very qualitative and never-ending. Comparing the admission standards is quantitative and definitive. Lets take a look. Automatic admission for a resident to OU is guaranteed with a 3.0 GPA and being in the top 25% of your class. Automatic admission for a resident to UT is guaranteed by being in the top 10% of your class.

So a B average is your idea of academic excellence? Still think its relatively easier to get into UT? Think not.[/QUOTE]

25 million>3 million, its not that hard to figure out...it has nothing to do with UT being harder

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 11:31 AM
25 million>3 million, its not that hard to figure out...it has nothing to do with UT being harder[/QUOTE

Exactly...extremely difficult because of the number of applicants. I was an out-of-state applicant and there is no way I would want to apply today. But take it up with badger...she's the one that said "...all you have to do is be in the top 10 percent...".

Collier11
5/12/2009, 11:36 AM
Im just stating that it isnt as cut and drie as ut being tougher, there are other variables

picasso
5/12/2009, 11:37 AM
I've got an idea. We'll keep our coach and his record of dealing with his players and their situations and you Texas folk can keep yours.

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 11:41 AM
Im just stating that it isnt as cut and drie as ut being tougher, there are other variables

Agreed....but UT is tougher. ;)

Frankly have a few friends who went to OU and they hated it while they were there...primarily because they were getting their butts kicked as petroleum engineering majors...but things have worked out just fine for them.

picasso
5/12/2009, 11:43 AM

ok, what's your point? I got in pretty easily to an art school in New Mexico and it turns out to be one of the best in the country. whoopee!:rolleyes:

UTgolfer
5/12/2009, 11:53 AM
I've got an idea. We'll keep our coach and his record of dealing with his players and their situations and you *Texas* folk can keep yours.

Agreed...but only if you can fast forward the calendar to August so we can talk about something other than admissions standards, allegations of criminal conduct, and the low-life's that the UT golf team churns out.

Collier11
5/12/2009, 12:18 PM
UT's admissions may be tougher, mostly to do with the population of texas, but in the end we all know that an education is what you make of it and it really doesnt matter where you get it from unless you are going somewhere like Stanford or some Ivy League school and they are all pansies anyway

CobraKai
5/12/2009, 12:54 PM
UT's admissions may be tougher, mostly to do with the population of *Texas*, but in the end we all know that an education is what you make of it and it really doesnt matter where you get it from unless you are going somewhere like Stanford or some Ivy League school and they are all pansies anyway

Bingo. My cousin played a varsity sport at UT for a few years and then transferred to another Big 12 school to finish up (not OU). He was a national merit scholar, and went on to an Ivy League Law school. He said that the quality of education he received at Texas was the worst of the 3, primarily because of his learning style. UT tended to have (at the undergrad level) HUGE classes mostly taught by grad students. Granted the professors that they listed as the instructor were published and brilliant, but the day-to-day teaching was done by a 23-year-old grad student who spoke broken English.

I am not implying that Texas was the worst academic school of the 3...just that he received a better education at the other 2 (if that makes sense...)

SoonerInFortSmith
5/12/2009, 04:47 PM

Frankly have a few friends who went to OU and they hated it while they were there...primarily because they were getting their butts kicked as petroleum engineering majors...but things have worked out just fine for them.

If your friends are anything like you, you whorn, they would've gotten their butts kicked in basketweaving at Nebraska.
;)