PDA

View Full Version : We have got to have the laziest ****ing mailman i've ever seen

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 02:53 PM
Now, the guy we have before this dickbump....Larry, he was as good as gold, he walked his route everyday thru rain or shine, high wind...you name it.

Not this clown, he pulls up in his gubmint mobile delivery wagon, gets out and goes up to a house, gets back in it, pulls up to the next house...RIGHT NEXT DOOR and repeats this over and over again.

Is this a common thing? I've not noticed another mailman doing this, not to mention the guy is a total ******.:confused:

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 03:04 PM
Give Dean a break . he aint got them New shoes Broke in yet :D

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 03:16 PM
Well, I know the guy ain't handicapped.....I watched him bail over a fence when it was locked, so he has no excuse there.

Give me a ****ing break, what a waste of taxpayer money. No wonder the price of stamps go up, we have to recoup the amount of fuel used by guys like him.

Frozen Sooner
5/5/2009, 03:39 PM
Now, the guy we have before this dickbump....Larry, he was as good as gold, he walked his route everyday thru rain or shine, high wind...you name it.

Not this clown, he pulls up in his gubmint mobile delivery wagon, gets out and goes up to a house, gets back in it, pulls up to the next house...RIGHT NEXT DOOR and repeats this over and over again.

Is this a common thing? I've not noticed another mailman doing this, not to mention the guy is a total ******.:confused:

Well, if he doesn't do that then next thing you know he's like a mile away from his truck and has to walk back.

SicEmBaylor
5/5/2009, 03:40 PM

That's what our mailman does only he never gets out of his "gubmint wagon" (I use your term becuase I like it a lot). I think it's common procedure.

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:02 PM
Well, if he doesn't do that then next thing you know he's like a mile away from his truck and has to walk back.

Smartazz :D
He starts on one side of teh street on the north end, goes south, crosses the street and comes back to the north end.

See? :D

Go to the next block, wash, rinse, repeat. ;)

We do have houses on both sides of the street.:texan:

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:03 PM
Smartazz :D
He starts on one side of teh street on the north end, goes south, crosses the street and comes back to the north end.

See? :D

Go to the next block, wash, rinse, repeat. ;)

We do have houses on both sides of the street.:texan:

So ya sayin yer a City slicker huh ?

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:06 PM
So ya sayin yer a City slicker huh ?
Yup, sadly. :P

SoonerDood
5/5/2009, 05:08 PM
does he at least deliver the mail every day? Mrs. Soonerdood had a mail(person) who didn't even get that far.

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:09 PM
Yup, sadly. :P

:D
My nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away :cool:

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:19 PM
does he at least deliver the mail every day? Mrs. Soonerdood had a mail(person) who didn't even get that far.
He does, every day.

swardboy
5/5/2009, 05:24 PM
Now, the guy we have before this dickbump....Larry, he was as good as gold, he walked his route everyday thru rain or shine, high wind...you name it..:confused:

Was that Larry "W"? Could've been my bro-in-law.

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:31 PM
He does, every day.

So at least Mrs BudSooner gets the MALE everday ?:D

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:38 PM
Was that Larry "W"? Could've been my bro-in-law.
He looks just like Keith David, the actor....you tell me.
Possibly the nicest guy you would ever want to meet, it's a shame there aren't more like him around working the routes.

So at least Mrs BudSooner gets the MALE everday ?:D
Bite me ya old fart. ;)

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 06:09 PM
Possibly the nicest guy you would ever want to meet, it's a shame there aren't more like him around working the routes.

Bite me ya old fart. ;)

:P :D

C&CDean
5/5/2009, 07:11 PM
Well, I know the guy ain't handicapped.....I watched him bail over a fence when it was locked, so he has no excuse there.

Give me a ****ing break, what a waste of taxpayer money. No wonder the price of stamps go up, we have to recoup the amount of fuel used by guys like him.

1. A mail carrier doesn't get to pick whether he walks or has a mounted route. It's all done through route inspections.

2. Only a ****ing moron still says "what a waste of taxpayer money." Anybody with even a small amount of sense understands that the USPS went semi-private in 1974, and not ONE RED ****ING CENT of taxpayer money goes to the USPS. In fact, the USPS subsidizes the U.S. Government because lazy ****s like to lay around all day and watch NASCAR reruns instead of going to work.

3. Have a nice day, and mail early, mail often.

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 07:36 PM
1. A mail carrier doesn't get to pick whether he walks or has a mounted route. It's all done through route inspections.

2. Only a ****ing moron still says "what a waste of taxpayer money." Anybody with even a small amount of sense understands that the USPS went semi-private in 1974, and not ONE RED ****ING CENT of taxpayer money goes to the USPS. In fact, the USPS subsidizes the U.S. Government because lazy ****s like to lay around all day and watch NASCAR reruns instead of going to work.

3. Have a nice day, and mail early, mail often.

Ok, fair enough.

1. Y'all ride horses???? :D
2. There are no Nascar reruns.
3. I always have a nice day. :P

TUSooner
5/5/2009, 08:32 PM
I carried the mail for 11 years (and liked it), so I'm not makin this up.

If y'all's mailboxes are on the houses, the guy should be walking the loop, door-to-door, to and from the truck, up one side and back on the other, totin that bag. He's got to dismount (i.e., get out of the vehicle) only to deliver something too big to carry in the bag, or maybe by design if your houses are way far apart. Some guys would try a few tricks like dismounting a whole street, hitting both sides on the way. But that only saves time if the mail is kinda light and the deliveries are pretty far apart. It's also not authorized, IIRC, cuz it "ain't safe." I suppose a guy might dismount a regular loop if he were really lazy or scared of getting wet or somethin bizarre. But that takes a lot of extra time, and it's really a bigger hassle to get in and out of the truck than it is just to walk.

If the boxes are out by the curb, the carrier willl get out only to deliver a parcel or somethin that needs signing. If the weather was really nice and the mail was light, I'd occasionally grab the bag and walk a street where the boxes were at the curb. But that's definitiely UA and not safe. :)
ALSO - IF your mailbox is curbside DON'T PARK BY IT, ya effin bozo !!!! :D

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 09:03 PM
I carried the mail for 11 years (and liked it), so I'm not makin this up.

If y'all's mailboxes are on the houses, the guy should be walking the loop, door-to-door, to and from the truck, up one side and back on the other, totin that bag. He's got to dismount (i.e., get out of the vehicle) only to deliver something too big to carry in the bag, or maybe by design if your houses are way far apart. Some guys would try a few tricks like dismounting a whole street, hitting both sides on the way. But that only saves time if the mail is kinda light and the deliveries are pretty far apart. It's also not authorized, IIRC, cuz it "ain't safe." I suppose a guy might dismount a regular loop if he were really lazy or scared of getting wet or somethin bizarre. But that takes a lot of extra time, and it's really a bigger hassle to get in and out of the truck than it is just to walk.
This is what i'm talking about, every letter carrier around here walks the route. And the mailbox is mounted to the house, not at the curb.

If the boxes are out by the curb, the carrier willl get out only to deliver a parcel or somethin that needs signing. If the weather was really nice and the mail was light, I'd occasionally grab the bag and walk a street where the boxes were at the curb. But that's definitiely UA and not safe. :)
ALSO - IF your mailbox is curbside DON'T PARK BY IT, ya effin bozo !!!! :D

If it were streetside, I wouldn't see the point of walking it anway.
Thanks TU.:D

swardboy
5/5/2009, 09:23 PM

Uh, wrong race.

fadada1
5/5/2009, 09:35 PM
maybe he's bucking for that most coveted of all postal routes. hawaii. where the air is so dewey sweet, the stamps practically lick themselves.

TUSooner
5/6/2009, 09:22 AM
This is what i'm talking about, every letter carrier around here walks the route. And the mailbox is mounted to the house, not at the curb.

If it were streetside, I wouldn't see the point of walking it anway.
Thanks TU.:D

Unless your guy is delivering packages, he's must be just a stupid POS to dismount at every house. I can't explain that. Does he really do that all the time? Very weird.

The only reason I'd walk a street on a mounted (curbside) route was to stretch my legs, enjoy the weather, and avoid hopping in and out of the truck because inconsiderate doofuses parked by their mailboxes. But I bet I only did that 2 or 3 times in 11 years. The best route I had was walker. Kinda tiring, yes. But I got to know lots of nice people. And when the weather is good and the mail isn't too heavy, it's really not a bad way to spend the day.