PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma now has swine flu

badger
5/5/2009, 11:13 AM
Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20090505_298_0_OKLAHO523217)

We had the news conference on in my office and a few co-workers started applauding. Oklahoma ranks last in some categories, but dag nabbit, we will NOT be the last state to report swine flu! :D

We are now one of 38 states with reported cases.

Hot Rod
5/5/2009, 11:28 AM
I would just like to thank the swine flu for extending my upcoming cruise from a 5 day to a 7 day. That's the only good that has come out of it so far that I've seen.

FroggyStyle22
5/5/2009, 11:41 AM
Well carp everybody grab their tinfoil hats and head to the basement!!

King Crimson
5/5/2009, 11:43 AM
good thing OU and I assume the other colleges are finishing up this week or next (we've got 3 cases at CU)....how late to public schools and high schools these days? late May?

StoopTroup
5/5/2009, 12:02 PM
Note to self: Cancel trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Sooner98
5/5/2009, 12:15 PM
http://eelco.is.a.rootboy.net/4chan/oh_noes!.gif

soonerbrat
5/5/2009, 12:36 PM
Note to self..plan a trip to mexico. the fares are really cheap

StoopTroup
5/5/2009, 01:24 PM
Note to self: Buy Tamuflu immediately once you get to Mexico.

C&CDean
5/5/2009, 02:02 PM
Note to morons who are freaking about swine flu: Somewhere around 30K people die every year with regular flu. So far I think 1 has died from the swine, and he was a messican who brought it with him. Another fine shining example of our sensationlist ****ed up media at it's finest.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 02:03 PM
note to self: make sure you buy the right toilet paper this time..that last stuff felt like sandpaper

Jerk
5/5/2009, 02:24 PM
Time to cull the heard

My Opinion Matters
5/5/2009, 03:03 PM
Note to self: Buy notepads for everyone on SF.com.

SoonerTroll
5/5/2009, 03:33 PM
Actually the first american died today, a woman in *texas*. But still 1 is a small number..

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 04:20 PM
its the loneliest number

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:06 PM
Actually the first american died today, a woman in **Texas**. But still 1 is a small number..

Linky ?

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:08 PM
Linky ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090505/ap_on_re_us/us_swine_flu_texas

LilSooner
5/5/2009, 05:11 PM
Note to morons who are freaking about swine flu: Somewhere around 30K people die every year with regular flu. So far I think 1 has died from the swine, and he was a messican who brought it with him. Another fine shining example of our sensationlist ****ed up media at it's finest.

This.

Seriously people it's like the avian flu all over. Although I will say that my company sold 2000 cases of N95 masks in under an hour today. So your mass hysteria is actually boosting the economy!

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:13 PM
Linky aint werkin and I aint takin the asstiricks out
He said it was an Merican Not a messican visitor:P

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:14 PM
This.

Seriously people it's like the avian flu all over. Although I will say that my company sold 2000 cases of N95 masks in under an hour today. So your mass hysteria is actually boosting the economy!

Thank of How many ya coulda sold at a Gun Show :D

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:16 PM
Linky aint werkin and I aint takin the asstiricks out
He said it was an Merican Not a messican visitor:P
From the article...

McALLEN, Texas – Texas health officials have confirmed the first death of a United States resident with swine flu.
Few details were immediately released. But health officials say the patient who died earlier this week was a woman in her 30s who lived in Cameron County, along the U.S.-Mexico border. Carrie Williams, spokeswoman with the Texas Department of State Health Services, said Tuesday the woman had other, chronic health problems, but didn't offer specifics.
Last week, a boy from Mexico City died at a Houston hospital, marking the first swine flu death in the United States.

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 05:20 PM
From the article...

So ya sayin she was a Legal messican ?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 05:26 PM
Some more important information (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2612644&postcount=10)

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 05:40 PM
So ya sayin she was a Legal messican ?

**** if I know, there are people who live close to the boarder so the kiddos can go to U.S. schools.....to it probably ain't out of the question.

And get a good deal on tires. :D

jkjsooner
5/5/2009, 08:22 PM
This.

Avian flu isn't a joke. If it becomes transmissible from human to human and retains its lethality, we are all in a world of hurt. Like I said in another thread, the CDC folks my wife works with are still very worried about it. It may never reach that state but just because it hasn't yet done so doesn't mean it isn't a cause for concern.

LilSooner
5/5/2009, 08:33 PM
Avian flu isn't a joke. If it becomes transmissible from human to human and retains its lethality, we are all in a world of hurt. Like I said in another thread, the CDC folks my wife works with are still very worried about it. It may never reach that state but just because it hasn't yet done so doesn't mean it isn't a cause for concern.

It becomes a joke when they freak everyone out about it when there hasn't been a single case of it in the United States let alone in this state. It becomes a joke every time this happens there becomes a run on gloves, isolation gowns, masks, ect...

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 09:06 PM
It becomes a joke every time this happens there becomes a run on gloves, isolation gowns, masks, ect...
That in itself sounds like a Stillwater joke. :D

def_lazer_fc
5/6/2009, 12:20 AM
It becomes a joke when they freak everyone out about it when there hasn't been a single case of it in the United States let alone in this state. It becomes a joke every time this happens there becomes a run on gloves, isolation gowns, masks, ect...

the avian flu isnt a joke. its the general public and their reaction to this type of thing that is a joke. kinda makes me think of all the people that rushed to gun stores to stock up once obama was elected but that neither here nor there. ;)

some jackass manager at a blockbuster video connected to a mcdonalds on 44th and shields wears a mask to work. i guess he is afraid of all the mexicans working at mcdonalds? but he also eats there, so im not sure what his mindset is.:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
5/6/2009, 11:49 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2009-05-05-swine-flu-death_N.htm?csp=34

ALLEN, Texas (AP) — This week should have been a joyous time for Judy Trunnell, a 33-year-old schoolteacher who had just given birth to a healthy baby girl.

Pretty sad deal here IMO.

C&CDean
5/6/2009, 12:08 PM
Every time someone dies from the flu it's a sad deal. The only issue I have is that the media is pumping everyone full of swine flu paranoia, and people are sucking it up like it's cocaine. It's bull****.

StoopTroup
5/6/2009, 12:12 PM
I think it's good they were being careful though. I like knowing that the CDC is working in case a flu or virus we can't stop comes along. A little fire drill never hurt anyone.

C&CDean
5/6/2009, 12:14 PM
To put it in perspective, 1 person in 95 who undergoes liposuction dies. In 1997, 36 people died in Florida after having in-office plastic surgery (not even at a hospital). Is everybody freaking out about liposuction? Hells no, they're lining up to get it. Why? Cause the media isn't sensationalizing deaths due to plastic surgery.

StoopTroup
5/6/2009, 12:19 PM
Agree with you about Lipo....lol

The Medical Community has been worried about a possible pandemic for some time. With the presence of folks who would take great pleasure in watching many of us die here and across the World...I think I like the idea of them knowing we got it under control.

If the stories about it all get to bugging me...I turn the channel or just unplug.

It would be cool if Football could start a little earlier huh? :D

soonerbrat
5/7/2009, 04:07 PM
ASibLqwVbsk

OklahomaRed
5/8/2009, 03:10 PM
It's not what you know, it's who you know. The H1N1 flu going around right now is not any worse that seasonal flu. What freaks the WHO and CDC out is the fact that they keep jumping through hoops every time a new strain pops up because they are worried one of these viruses is going to mutate in to something that slams you to the floor and you don't get back up. :D