PDA

View Full Version : I am not a Big 12 homer...but get this...

OU_Sooners75
5/5/2009, 02:36 AM
Of the 6 BCS conferences...

The Big 12 has the worst non-conference schedules.

Only 11 games of the 48 or 23% are against teams from another BCS Conference.

There are two teams that do not play at least one team from a BCS Conference....Guess who they are!

Yep, Texass and Tech!

So if people want to brag about the Big 12 being good.....just keep this crap in mind.

FYI....on paper right now, OU one of the toughest non conference schedules this season in the big 12. Had we gotten someone other than Idaho State, it may have been the toughest.

Boomer.....
5/5/2009, 07:26 AM
Another reason why Texas has no one to blame but themselves when it comes to rankings.

RedstickSooner
5/5/2009, 08:21 AM
Well, it's good to see Texas has learned from last year.

==>Cue angry Tejas poster, who points out how stupid I am for not realizing the schedules are made years in advance, and they pussed out on scheduling any decent competition well ahead of last year's three-way tie where having played anyone good could've gotten them into the national championship.

badger
5/5/2009, 08:22 AM
I wonder if there are other motivating factors in Texaz's non-conf schedule. Perhaps because it is a state school, they feel the need to play other state teams to keep the money in the state?

I see LSU and Arky do this also with their non-conf's.

Or perhaps, there is a less noble intent - to keep other state schools down so they can always recruit the top talent :D

Collier11
5/5/2009, 08:24 AM
I say lets not worry about schedule strength this year and just beat texas, who's with me?!

Boomer.....
5/5/2009, 08:36 AM
In!

SoonerInFortSmith
5/5/2009, 11:46 AM
Exactly. Run the table in the Big XII and you are in the NC game.

A-M
5/5/2009, 11:52 AM
In!

Me too!

badger
5/5/2009, 12:05 PM
Exactly. Run the table in the Big XII and you are in the NC game.

ironically, the only bcs conference you can't say that about recently is the...

:les: S-E-C! S-E-C! [hairGel]

I am of course referring to Auburn in 2004. The greatest football conference in the history of the universe had an undefeated team that didn't go... correct me if I'm wrong, but no other BCS conferences had this happen in the BCS era. True?

cheezyq
5/5/2009, 03:00 PM

There are two teams that do not play at least one team from a BCS Conference....Guess who they are!

Yep, *Texas*s and Tech!

So if people want to brag about the Big 12 being good.....just keep this crap in mind.

FYI....on paper right now, OU one of the toughest non conference schedules this season in the big 12. Had we gotten someone other than Idaho State, it may have been the toughest.

I think the one difference for OU is that while we don't get a lot of good BCS schools on the docket, we still play tough teams in non-BCS conferences. I'd still like to see us play some good BCS schools, though.

IronHorseSooner
5/5/2009, 06:44 PM
I think the one difference for OU is that while we don't get a lot of good BCS schools on the docket, we still play tough teams in non-BCS conferences. I'd still like to see us play some good BCS schools, though.

Cincy turned out to be good last year....An A&M friend of mine and I compared the schedules of Texas, OSU, and us. Once again, Texas has the worst schedule of the three. It is laughable! I pray that there is no three-way tie this year, but if there is, Texas could actually be in the third position on that. BTW, FLA's schedule is an ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

goingoneight
5/5/2009, 06:47 PM
I just wish that when we play these teams like Miami and Washington that they're as good as when we scheduled them. It sucks thinking "YES!!! Revenge ovar BOISE STATE!!!1111!!11" only to see them go 2-10 in the WAC in ten years time if we play them.

Don't get me wrong... it was nice watching UM fans leave Norman crying, but seriously... how allsome would it be to play USC this year in Norman? You know they're gonna be at least "good." Honestly, I'd rather see us earn victories than have to guess how good we are based on SOS at the end of the year before a bowl game.

JLEW1818
5/5/2009, 07:02 PM

Yep, *Texas*s and Tech!

yep, and the fact that we are the best. When your the best team in the conference, its hard to have the "hardest" schedule.

Colorado for example.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2009, 02:05 AM

Cincy...good BCS Team.
Miami is a decent BCS Team...we play them there.

We have future games against Florida State, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Tennessee all until 2015.

So we do out and try to schedule good BCS Teams.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2009, 02:06 AM
I say lets not worry about schedule strength this year and just beat *Texas*, who's with me?!

I am in...but we, as fans, should worry about the SOS. Without it last year, Texas is in Miami and we are in Tempe.

OU_Sooners75
5/6/2009, 02:08 AM
Cincy turned out to be good last year....An A&M friend of mine and I compared the schedules of *Texas*, OSU, and us. Once again, *Texas* has the worst schedule of the three. It is laughable! I pray that there is no three-way tie this year, but if there is, *Texas* could actually be in the third position on that. BTW, FLA's schedule is an ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

Yeah, but they are: SEC! SEC! SEC! :D

bluedogok
5/6/2009, 09:00 AM
Texas did try to add Wisconsin to their schedule for this next season (at the urging of ESPN) but they couldn't get the return date details figured out. I guess they should get a trophy for trying....

badger
5/6/2009, 09:04 AM
*Texas* did try to add Wisconsin to their schedule for this next season (at the urging of ESPN) but they couldn't get the return date details figured out. I guess they should get a trophy for trying....

No Big 12 team should go to Wisconsin. Camp Randall is a madhouse. It makes LSU (or OU in the Sugar Bowl) look hospitable.

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 10:02 AM
What does 2010 non-con hold for OU? Is that FSU or Notre Dame?

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 10:04 AM
*Texas* did try to add Wisconsin to their schedule for this next season (at the urging of ESPN) but they couldn't get the return date details figured out. I guess they should get a trophy for trying....

They'll just put a win against Wisconsin in there record books.

Collier11
5/6/2009, 10:26 AM
No Big 12 team should go to Wisconsin. Camp Randall is a madhouse. It makes LSU (or OU in the Sugar Bowl) look hospitable.

I dont know if you went to the Sugar Bowl or have ever been to baton rouge but I would say, NO!

badger
5/6/2009, 10:30 AM
I dont know if you went to the Sugar Bowl or have ever been to baton rouge but I would say, NO!

You will begging to be called "tigah bait" for several hours if you have to spend five minutes at UW's Camp Randall as a non-badger fan. I can offer video proof if you would like... which would be incredibly NSFW.

and for the record, i was at the sugar bowl in 2003... which I guess technically was 2004.

Collier11
5/6/2009, 10:48 AM
I was at the 03 sugar bowl, never been to Baton Rouge but I hear that Baton Rouge at night is like walking into an insane asylum

Salt City Sooner
5/6/2009, 11:29 AM
What does 2010 non-con hold for OU? Is that FSU or Notre Dame?
Utah State
Air Force (return game from '01; longest time I've ever seen between dates)
Florida State
@ Cincinnati

Solid as usual.

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 11:32 AM
Utah State
Air Force (return game from '01; longest time I've ever seen between dates)
Florida State
@ Cincinnati

Solid as usual.

Thanks, I finally found what I thought was the non-con. It had these games so I guess thats confirmation.