PDA

View Full Version : Where did Roy Williams land

FriscoTXsooner
5/4/2009, 02:37 PM
Has anyone heard if Roy Williams has been picked up by anyone? I had heard rumors tha the Raiders were interested.

badger
5/4/2009, 02:42 PM
We have a few threads going on NFL and Sooners already. Check those to get your TRRW/Sooners in NFL fix.

Here's one on mini camps. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130983&page=3)

Here's one on NFL free agency. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130870&page=3)

You are correct in not hearing that he's been picked up by anyone, because he hasn't. In addition to being linked to the Raiders, he's also been linked to Cincy.

BillyBall
5/4/2009, 02:49 PM
We have a few threads going on NFL and Sooners already. Check those to get your TRRW/Sooners in NFL fix.

Here's one on mini camps. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130983&page=3)

Here's one on NFL free agency. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130870&page=3)

You are correct in not hearing that he's been picked up by anyone, because he hasn't. In addition to being linked to the Raiders, he's also been linked to Cincy.

The Bears are also said to be interested, it would be nice to have another Sooner to go along with the 3 currently on the roster.

badger
5/4/2009, 02:59 PM
The Bears are also said to be interested, it would be nice to have another Sooner to go along with the 3 currently on the roster.

Yes, JR would like a few more Sooners to mingle with in Chi-town:
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/files/images/JR92.jpg
:D

(i post that one, cuz I can't find the original Sooner Bear pic)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/4/2009, 03:00 PM
I think he would fit in nicely at Buffalo

Curly Bill
5/4/2009, 06:10 PM
TRRW ain't near fast enough for da Raiders.

badger
5/4/2009, 07:10 PM

nor that desperate for the miser's money, right?

Curly Bill
5/4/2009, 07:32 PM
nor that desperate for the miser's money, right?

I think this is probably akkurat. I think TRRW has had enough success and made enough money, that I don't know that he wants it bad enough anymore to go play for Al.

sooner94
5/4/2009, 08:34 PM

I think the day is coming where Al selects the US 4x100 team in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

badger
5/5/2009, 08:25 AM
I think the day is coming where Al selects the US 4x100 team in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Commish: With the first pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select... ummm... how do I pronounce this... Insane Bolt, Defensive End, Jamaica!

Bolt: Ya, mon!

Other 31 teams: wtf, he's a DE?!

Miser Al: Yay! I've got me the fastest defensive end in the history of football!

flopshotjoe99
5/5/2009, 09:46 AM
I thought he went to Kansas City, maybe im thinking of someone else.:confused:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 10:11 AM
I would more than likely expect a retirement presser soon..

badger
5/5/2009, 10:31 AM
I thought he went to Kansas City, maybe im thinking of someone else.:confused:

The only Sooner on the Cheffers roster, according to their site, is Mark Bradley, ex-Bear extraordinaire :D

Retire?! Gawd, I hope not :(

Jello Biafra
5/5/2009, 10:33 AM
I would more than likely expect a retirement presser soon..

I would expect a presser from the bears. ;)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/5/2009, 11:18 AM
Please let him come to Houston!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 11:45 AM
Another thing to think about is that forearm injury of is..He injured it, sat out, came back, and then re-injured it..that scares off gm's....throw in a guy who ended up overweight, seemed to lack interest in football, and played a style of football that puts wear and tear on a body quickly...

I just don't think he has much football left in him.

StoopTroup
5/5/2009, 12:12 PM
Hope that he can overcome all that STEP. If anyone can...I believe it's him. I'd like to see him get on a team that had a shot at a SB.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 12:17 PM
You know, ST, I think its a matter of if the guy even really wants to play anymore...I can't find any quotes on it or articles, but it seems like I remember him saying before he was drafted that he only wanted to play 5 years or so...

StoopTroup
5/5/2009, 12:19 PM
Agreed. It's all up to Roy.

badger
5/5/2009, 12:23 PM
I remember him saying before he was drafted that he only wanted to play 5 years or so...

I don't remember this, but I do remember Barry Sanders prematurely retiring... I think it upset fans, I know it upset his money hungry dad... but in retrospect, I think there is a certain respect that people have for Sanders for walking away despite being so close to all-time rushing records, more money, more fame, more endorsements, etc.

Would fans have that same respect for TRRW? Sooners would... Big D fans maybe not, because he got released by the team before any retirement announcement. Had he walked away after the season ended, perhaps.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 12:39 PM
You know 7 years in the league is a darn good career...he has been wise with his money too...

just to add to my previous opinions, I think the retirement of Darren Woodson had an effect on his career as well

soonerfan28
5/5/2009, 12:47 PM
I think he winds up in Chicago since Sharper has signed with the Saints.

badger
5/5/2009, 12:53 PM
I think he winds up in Chicago since Sharper has signed with the Saints.

Sharper? He used to be a Packer and after that used to be a Viking :confused:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/5/2009, 01:26 PM
Chicago has enough safeties that can help in run support....they need somebody who can play centerfield...

then again, I think every D in the NFC North is making moves to improve on stopping the run

47straight
5/5/2009, 04:31 PM
If he's ready to retire, he doesn't need to punish his body anymore for my entertainment.

goingoneight
5/5/2009, 06:40 PM
The answer to the thread title question:

On Chris Simms in the endzone.

buffalobill989
5/6/2009, 03:42 PM
according to nfl.com he's agreed to terms w/ the bengals

sooner94
5/6/2009, 04:39 PM
according to nfl.com he's agreed to terms w/ the bengals

Yep, here is the link. Tough for me to root for the Bengals. Maybe Roy can put a good hit on Carson Palmer in practice.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/06/former-cowboys-safety-williams-going-to-bengals/

badger
5/6/2009, 04:52 PM
Bengals two seconds into practice with TRRW:
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-05-24-palmer.jpg

soonerfan28
5/6/2009, 05:23 PM
TRRW agent Jordan Woy

There were a couple of teams offering considerable more money, but Roy liked the fit in Cincinnati," Woy said. "It's a good fit for both sides really. Roy obviously has a great relationship with (defensive coordinator) Mike Zimmer and he's excelled in that defense and the Bengals are happy to get a guy like that for their defense."

Apparently he went to 4 Pro Bowls under Zimmer and he thinks Roy can be the man again.

oumartin
5/6/2009, 05:27 PM
i hope he re dedicates himself to the game. Seems once the Roy rule came into the league his production jumped off the cliff.

picasso
5/6/2009, 06:15 PM
well he can still tackle. it's the pass coverage thing that's got him flummoxed.

SoonerInFortSmith
5/6/2009, 09:08 PM
Maybe TRRW's class will rub off on some of those thugs in Cinci.

Animal Mother
5/6/2009, 10:57 PM
Bengals two seconds into practice with TRRW:
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/_photos/2006-05-24-palmer.jpg

That is some funny sh!t

CincySooner
5/7/2009, 07:46 AM
I'm sort of hoping TRRW comes into practice and knocks some sense into Chad Johnson.

badger
5/7/2009, 07:48 AM
I'm sort of hoping TRRW comes into practice and knocks some sense into Chad Johnson.

oh, **** yes... and that's Chad Ocho Cinco, btw... sorry you have to live in Cincy and put up with that crap :D

yermom
5/7/2009, 08:06 AM
Yep, here is the link. Tough for me to root for the Bengals. Maybe Roy can put a good hit on Carson Palmer in practice.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/06/former-cowboys-safety-williams-going-to-bengals/

that was the only thing that made me feel good about it :D

Breadburner
5/7/2009, 08:16 AM

That are umpossible.......

oumartin
5/7/2009, 09:21 AM
That are umpossible.......

Impossible to knock some sense into him or impossible for Roy to Cover him long enough to catch up with him to knock some sense into hem? :)

badger
5/7/2009, 09:38 AM
well, if he can't catch him while he's running toward the endzone, at least we'll know that Chad Ocho Cinco Muy Stupido will do a lengthy touchdown dance and thus, be fair game for a horse collar celebratory tackle

flopshotjoe99
5/7/2009, 10:41 AM
well he can still tackle. it's the pass coverage thing that's got him flummoxed.

he forgot how to do that last season as well. He always looks for the big hit & never wraps a guy up. Hoepfully he finds his mojo again in Cincy.

Curly Bill
5/7/2009, 05:46 PM
Impossible to knock some sense into him or impossible for Roy to Cover him long enough to catch up with him to knock some sense into hem? :)

YES! ;)

goingoneight
5/8/2009, 11:46 PM
he forgot how to do that last season as well. He always looks for the big hit & never wraps a guy up. Hoepfully he finds his mojo again in Cincy.

Would that be before or after he sat out most of the year with the broken arm? Guy went soft, sorry to say it. He was an angry mofo in college and in his first few years until he "found Jesus." That's not knocking Christians, as obviously we have a pretty good Christian QB right now... it's just saying he's not the cocky, mean headhunter anymore that made him so good at that level. Some guys respond to that kind of lifechange differently. His passion is clearly elsewhere now (with good things, mind you... charities and preaching ain't a bad thing). Maybe he should find Tebow?

On a serious note: is it possible, will anybody ever move him into an OLB role? Just once, please? No one ever tried it besides Venables at OU and many say it seems like it might be good fit.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/9/2009, 12:32 AM
one reason why he would struggle at lb is shedding blocks to make plays...after that many years in the league as a safety, I don't think now is a time where he could play a different position

Salt City Sooner
5/9/2009, 01:18 AM
Wouldn't happen at Cincy anyway. They just spent their top pick last year on a Will, & he was looking pretty darn good until Ward did his thing on him.