PDA

View Full Version : First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 10:54 PM
BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

"They're shoes," the First Lady's reps sniffed when curious reporters inquired about the fancy footwear.

Michelle has stepped out in Lanvin before while getting down to business. A week ago, she shoveled dirt at a tree planting while wearing the line's chiffon tank.

Dresses and strappy pumps cost upward of $1,500, while tops go for $400 to $1,000.

Other celebrity fans of Lanvin's costly kicks include Ellen DeGeneres and Kanye West, who has blogged about his faves.

As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.

"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed to do a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."

She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalks Tuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_fea t_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 10:56 PM
$540 for these??? Shoot, I could find some better ones.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/amd_sneakers_obama.jpg

Curly Bill
5/3/2009, 10:59 PM
Look like a gussied-up Chuck Taylor to me.

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 11:01 PM
How much do you think one of the presidents suits runs for??? Not just Obama, in general.

Curly Bill
5/3/2009, 11:02 PM
Couple thousand each I'd guess.

yermom
5/3/2009, 11:18 PM
i think she overpaid :)

$500+ for a First Lady's shoes doesn't sound newsworthy to me though

of course, neither does their choice of dog or pizza

Curly Bill
5/3/2009, 11:19 PM
I have no problem with her paying $500 for shoes...

...but those shoes? :O

Curly Bill
5/3/2009, 11:20 PM
...maybe she flew them in from Chicago! ;) :P

JLEW1818
5/3/2009, 11:26 PM
thats what i was saying. obama and his wife worked hard and made a **** load of books. i was just pissed cause those shoes are ugly. look like 10 dollars.

yermom
5/3/2009, 11:26 PM
i guess she's stimulating the economy :D

if i was paying $500 for shoes they better feel like podiatric fellatio when i walk and last forever

tommieharris91
5/4/2009, 12:42 AM

You better believe Chicago pizza cooks took offense to him flying someone in from St. Louis to make his deep-dish pizza.

OU_Sooners75
5/4/2009, 02:04 AM
Does it really ****ing matter how much someone spends on shoes?

If you can afford them, then it is no different than Me going out and buying a $75 pair of Nikes.

AlbqSooner
5/4/2009, 02:24 AM
i guess she's stimulating the economy :D

if i was paying $500 for shoes they better feel like podiatric fellatio when i walk and last forever

If I was paying $500 for shoes they better be silver and have Little Joe's autograph! Although podiatric fellation sounds more interesting.:D

JohnnyMack
5/4/2009, 07:32 AM
Apparently jlew1818 is our new Drudge Report copier and pasted. Oh goodie.

LilSooner
5/4/2009, 08:00 AM
Whatever. Don't **** with a women and her shoes. 500 dollars is nothing even for a pair of dumb looking chuck taylors.

SoonerJack
5/4/2009, 08:09 AM
Whatever. Don't **** with a women and her shoes. 500 dollars is nothing even for a pair of dumb looking chuck taylors.

"Dear 8 pound Baby Jesus, thank you that my wife and Lil' have VERY different views on what is appropriate to spend on shoes. Amen."

badger
5/4/2009, 08:40 AM
I remember them mentioning that Michelle dressed in attire that regular people could afford... I guess now that they have the regular people on their side, they're going for a more wealthy crowd... one that can afford $500 sneakers to walk their dog in :D

BudSooner
5/4/2009, 09:07 AM
What? She didn't want some Air Jordans???? Come on now, Jordan was a Bull....a Chicago Bull! :D

picasso
5/4/2009, 09:12 AM

but for the Governor of Alaska running for VP it does.

JohnnyMack
5/4/2009, 09:13 AM

Heh.

Veritas
5/4/2009, 09:57 AM
I don't object to the price, but ****, Mobama, get some decent shoes for that price. Some nice Manolos or Choos.

/Gheyitas

BudSooner
5/4/2009, 09:59 AM
I don't object to the price, but ****, Mobama, get some decent shoes for that price. Some nice Manolos or Choos.

/Gheyitas

Lid?????:confused:

Veritas
5/4/2009, 10:08 AM
Lid?????:confused:
LOL. Knowing what kinda shoes to buy for my wife is a good thing. Just bought her a pair of Tuffys from Nine West the other day.

yermom
5/4/2009, 10:23 AM

i didn't think that coverage was worth a crap either. maybe if they would have spent more on a makeover of the **** coming out of her mouth ;)

JLEW1818
5/4/2009, 12:54 PM

/Gheyitas

Thats what I'm saying!

LilSooner
5/4/2009, 01:57 PM
"Dear 8 pound Baby Jesus, thank you that my wife and Lil' have VERY different views on what is appropriate to spend on shoes. Amen."

Listen, I'm not going to spend that type of coin on those shoes but for some choos or louboutains? You bet your *** I would. Those shoes will last for freaking ever, and a heck of a lot longer than the 30 dollar 9west shoes that I buy and toss every 6 months.

olevetonahill
5/4/2009, 02:06 PM
But what if the dayum dog chews em up ?

LilSooner
5/4/2009, 02:34 PM
But what if the dayum dog chews em up ?

They dayum dogs stay out side. And if I had 500 dollar shoes they sure as heck wouldn't be on the floor where the dogs could even get to them.

soonermix
5/4/2009, 02:52 PM
now if somebody snuck a snuke in her sniz that would be news worthy

OU4LIFE
5/4/2009, 03:25 PM
They dayum dogs stay out side. And if I had 500 dollar shoes they sure as heck wouldn't be on the floor where the dogs could even get to them.

translation: All of my $500 pairs of shoes are well off the floor and out of harms way.

KABOOKIE
5/4/2009, 04:09 PM
I remember the Obama machine throwing the opulence rock at McCain. Figures.

LilSooner
5/4/2009, 07:35 PM
translation: All of my $500 pairs of shoes are well off the floor and out of harms way.

If I had said pair of 500 dollar pair of shoes. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/5/2009, 01:38 AM
now if somebody snuck a snuke in her sniz that would be news worthyprofound litteration of unbeknownst specificity, my friend.

OU4LIFE
5/5/2009, 07:03 AM
If I had said pair of 500 dollar pair of shoes. :D

well you deserve a pair. Hell, you deserve TWO pair....Rhino...take care of that.

:D

SoonerJack
5/5/2009, 07:51 AM
But then the greater question is how long do the $500, and evidently very well made, shoes stay in style?

I'm just givin' you a hard time, Lil.

SteelClip49
5/5/2009, 08:27 AM
the shoes were $140. The part that was not mentioned, due to the fact it might question the Obama's choice of beverages, was $400 worth of high quality, premium, finely made OVJ with the special added touch of OleVet's hands, clarity and wisdom. OVJ may not be widely advertised but it makes its rounds to some of the most influential people in this world.

LilSooner
5/5/2009, 06:13 PM
But then the greater question is how long do the $500, and evidently very well made, shoes stay in style?

I'm just givin' you a hard time, Lil.

If you buy right pretty much forever. Because what's old is new again :)

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 06:18 PM

But her dog is still a Puppy and aint trained yet an stuff
that lil Mouth wit teeth is gonna get em :D

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 06:20 PM
If you buy right pretty much forever. Because what's old is new again :)

Im still waitin on these to come back
http://bootmaster.com/blackbeetleboot.jpg

BudSooner
5/5/2009, 06:35 PM
Im still waitin on these to come back
http://bootmaster.com/blackbeetleboot.jpg

Lid?:confused::D

olevetonahill
5/5/2009, 06:41 PM
Lid?:confused::D

**** off dip ****
thems My Beetle Boots :D

LilSooner
5/5/2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, well I'm waiting for these to come in.

http://flypaper.bluefly.com/Jimmy_Choo_black_patent_Piri_platform_d%27orsay_sa ndals_Bluefly.jpg

I told you boys expensive shoes do not go on the floor they go up where little puppies and kids can't get to them.

def_lazer_fc
5/6/2009, 12:23 AM
Does it really ****ing matter how much someone spends on shoes?

If you can afford them, then it is no different than Me going out and buying a $75 pair of Nikes.

$75 nikes?! those things are like 130 a pair....at least for the jordans.

Frozen Sooner
5/6/2009, 12:48 AM
I'll second Lil on good shoes lasting damn near forever. I've got a pair of Allen Edmonds that I've worn for about six years. They weren't $500, but they still cost a good chunk of change.

Plus, at least for men's shoes, the more you spend on a shoe the more comfortable it is. I spend a lot of my day on my feet-it's important for my fat *** to have comfortable shoes.