PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if Lubbock...

Okla-homey
5/3/2009, 05:05 PM
has somewhere decent a guy could take a doctor to dinner on Quatro de Mayo that does not involve tortillas? And no, its not a date. He's a witness.

TIA

SanJoaquinSooner
5/3/2009, 05:59 PM
that does not involve tortillas? And no, its not a date. He's a witness.

TIA
This search shows Restaurants in Lubbock, TX that serve Sicilian cuisine:

No results matching your criteria were found in Lubbock, TX

Okla-homey
5/3/2009, 07:00 PM
I guess I'll just let him pick a place.:texan:

picasso
5/3/2009, 07:12 PM
Blue Oyster Bar. Great great appetizers. According to Hairy.

Okla-homey
5/3/2009, 07:19 PM
Blue Oyster Bar. Great great appetizers. According to Hairy.

It's now May. No "R". Oysters therefore aren't fit for human consumption. But thanks though.

John Kochtoston
5/3/2009, 08:11 PM
The best place in Lubbock to eat is in El Paso.

texas bandman
5/3/2009, 09:12 PM
The Double Nickel Steakhouse is good, but pricey. It's a little too pretentious for my taste, but some people like that.

fadada1
5/3/2009, 09:31 PM
i hear they "noodle" for their supper in lubbock.

Fraggle145
5/4/2009, 01:03 AM
It's now May. No "R". Oysters therefore aren't fit for human consumption. But thanks though.

I am not sure that is so true anymore... given that they are now farmed and refridgeration techniques have improved. Anyone know how that rule started anyway?

Okla-homey
5/4/2009, 05:12 AM
I am not sure that is so true anymore... given that they are now farmed and refridgeration techniques have improved. Anyone know how that rule started anyway?

I believe it has something to do with water temps and the various micro-organisms that are present in the water, and therefore present in a fresh oyster, at warmer times.

TUSooner
5/4/2009, 08:17 AM
The Double Nickel Steakhouse is good, but pricey. It's a little too pretentious for my taste, but some people like that.

It depends on how generous Homey's firm is with its expense accounts (i.e., the clients' money). ;)

badger
5/4/2009, 08:42 AM
You sound like you could use Mike Leach dating advice...oh wait, let's call it "witness" advice, heh :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

walkoffsooner
5/4/2009, 09:10 AM
Skip dinner just give him the money and leave.

King Crimson
5/4/2009, 09:33 AM
when Tech games are on TV, there's some restaurant they always mention with "the best" chicken fried steak in the world. like it's a landmark.

BudSooner
5/4/2009, 09:36 AM
You sound like you could use Mike Leach dating advice...oh wait, let's call it "witness" advice, heh :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxBsXzvENpo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No matter how bad the day is, just watching that video always makes me laugh....Leach is awesome. :D

soonerinabilene
5/4/2009, 09:39 AM
catfish ocharlies. great seafood.

Fraggle145
5/4/2009, 10:44 AM
I believe it has something to do with water temps and the various micro-organisms that are present in the water, and therefore present in a fresh oyster, at warmer times.

So I looked into it. it has been attributed to 3 things 1)bad refridgeration in summer in the past, 2) toxic algae in the water, 3) they are often reproducing during this time so you have eat a little bit more reproductive organ and they can be milky tasting.

Okla-homey
5/6/2009, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the tip. Very nice meal. BTW, I saw Bobby Knight in the airport as we were leaving Lubbock. Unfortunately he wasn't yelling at anyone.

picasso
5/6/2009, 09:31 AM
Homey's never had a problem being pretentious.