PDA

View Full Version : I love OU football more then...

Crimson Kid
5/2/2009, 09:50 PM
Sex, almost!!! ;)

But i have passed on it to see a game, my wife calls me a OU addicted. :D yup im hardcore hooked baby, im a lifer.

So what have you done, or got out of or skipped to see a game?

BOOMER SOONER!!

Crucifax Autumn
5/2/2009, 09:51 PM
There is nothing else during the game. Period.

Crimson Kid
5/2/2009, 09:57 PM

AMEN!!

setem
5/2/2009, 11:38 PM
What about getting your knob scobbed whilst watching the game? That sounds like a pretty awesome time if you ask me!

picasso
5/2/2009, 11:50 PM
Nick Zepp?

pappy
5/3/2009, 04:30 AM
my grandma's 80th bday was the same day as ou-*texas* this past season and the family tried to have her bday party at the same time as the game...I got them to move the bday party to start around 4 so that I could watch the game.

walkoffsooner
5/3/2009, 07:35 AM
The Steelers and thats hard to do.

1890MilesToNorman
5/3/2009, 08:33 AM
A perfect Saturday is a beautiful woman with a TV and satellite dish on her head!

King Crimson
5/3/2009, 08:40 AM
than, then.

it's old school, yo.

soonerfan28
5/3/2009, 10:34 AM
My daughters b-day was the same day as Bedlam 2 years ago and I just had the party at my house and never left my chair.

RedstickSooner
5/3/2009, 11:23 AM
A perfect Saturday is a beautiful woman with a TV and satellite dish on her head!

If she can hold up a TV worthy of the Sooners on her head, she ain't my ideal of beauty.

But she could probably defend my honor in a fight, so there's that.

goingoneight
5/3/2009, 02:51 PM
I was in a wedding last fall where my friend in the sound booth kept flashing the score up to me from across the room. I skipped pictures to go listen to stuttering BBSr. (OU vs. KU)

My friends weren't even mad at me. I think they were mad that they had to take pictures... lol. Well, everyone except for the bride.

RedstickSooner
5/3/2009, 04:46 PM
Any bride who insists on getting married during football season had better be doing so because she doesn't want to show.

Collier11
5/3/2009, 05:36 PM
What about getting your knob scobbed whilst watching the game? That sounds like a pretty awesome time if you ask me!

like you would ever know what that was like :D

Any bride who insists on getting married during football season had better be doing so because she doesn't want to show.

I made it clear to my gf and my friends that there would be no weddings on the day of an OU game or I would not be there

unbiasedtruth
5/4/2009, 12:57 AM
wife's cousin, and wife were in the wedding, Nov 8th last fall, not only on a football Saturday but also the opening day of deer season in Minnesota....

the bride's family are all big time deer hunters, only one uncle missed the wedding due to his deer hunting...

bride had a cake made in the form of a deer too fror all the hunters, then during the reception took the mike, showed the cake, and told everyone they will get closer to harvesting a deer here than out in the woods....

oh and btw.... even though she is a CU grad.... my wife is a major college football fan.... only way to go....

Crucifax Autumn
5/4/2009, 01:23 AM
Seriously guys..When the game is on everything else is as important as a Carrot Top show

SoonernAR
5/4/2009, 07:05 AM
I finely found a woman that will watch football with me, she may not understand what is going on though. lol

TUSooner
5/4/2009, 07:55 AM
than, then.

it's old school, yo.

He loves OU football more than the English language.

RedstickSooner
5/4/2009, 09:13 AM
like you would ever know what that was like :D

I made it clear to my gf and my friends that there would be no weddings on the day of an OU game or I would not be there

I just want to put this out there, for all our younger Soonerfan brethren (in other word, ones who haven't married yet). It is NOT enough simply to avoid being married on gameday. You CANNOT get married during football SEASON. Why? Simple. Given days of the month will always, eventually, fall on a Saturday.

And just as you don't want to get married during a game, you don't want the wife thinking that the two of you are gonna do *anything* special on gameday. Other than tailgate, drink beer, or watch the game.

It's only three months, really. No reason you can't get married during the other nine.

Boomer.....
5/4/2009, 09:35 AM
Just make sure you are marrying fellow OU die hard like my wife. Problem solved.

Flagstaffsooner
5/4/2009, 10:27 AM
When I was in the Oklahoma Air Guard we used to hide up in the Radome to listen to games on AM radio. Well during one game the 219th EIS was transmitting on their MPM-16 radar so everytime their antenna swung our way we got a big beep on the radio. Very annoying, they were a bunch of aggies anyway. So when they went on break we went down and sabotaged their radar set, Problem solved.

Collier11
5/4/2009, 10:52 AM
I finely found a woman that will watch football with me, she may not understand what is going on though. lol

same here

RedstickSooner
5/4/2009, 10:56 AM
Well, sure, in theory it's great to have a wife who loves football. Problem is, it's difficult to find one who cares as much about OU as I do -- and I've found without that level of emotional involvement, my, uh, mental state when we're behind and/or losing can be highly frightening/uncomfortable for wives, children, and pets.

Crucifax Autumn
5/4/2009, 11:20 AM
Well, sure, in theory it's great to have a wife who loves football. Problem is, it's difficult to find one who cares as much about OU as I do -- and I've found without that level of emotional involvement, my, uh, mental state when we're behind and/or losing can be highly frightening/uncomfortable for wives, children, and pets.

Sounds like my place!

SoonerInFortSmith
5/4/2009, 11:36 AM
Ditto. I swear if she tells me to calm down one more time during a game i'm gonna.......
Suggestions?

Boomer.....
5/4/2009, 11:37 AM
See. Yall married the wrong type of girls.

;)

SoonerInFortSmith
5/4/2009, 11:43 AM
It's not that easy for a single dad of two young kids living with him in ARKANSAS to find a die hard OU girl to marry. It's a sad fact of life that sometimes you just hafta settle.

SoonerPr8r
5/4/2009, 12:08 PM
My fiance's family are huge UGA fans but I have converted her to be a Sooner. She likes to watch football every once in a while but mostly just understands that she will be a widow during football season.

She also suggested that we play Boomer Sooner as we leave the church after the wedding.

Collier11
5/4/2009, 12:18 PM
Good Woman!

oudivesherpa
5/4/2009, 12:20 PM

I thought that was what half time was for.

I give my wife a 2 minuet warning.

Crucifax Autumn
5/4/2009, 12:32 PM
Half time is for beer runs, phone calls to talk about the game and posting drunken rubbish here.

goingoneight
5/4/2009, 12:34 PM
I just break up with 'em if they don't understand the man law about football season. :D

Boomer.....
5/4/2009, 01:13 PM
She also suggested that we play Boomer Sooner as we leave the church after the wedding.

Sounds like us. We had Boomer Sooner playing as we walked into the reception. :D

flopshotjoe99
5/4/2009, 01:40 PM
the girlfriend knows she is a football "widow" when OU is playing. 4 years ago a buddy of mine thought it would be a good idea to get married during the RRS, ya, I missed the wedding.:)

LoyalFan
5/4/2009, 10:43 PM
When I was in the Oklahoma Air Guard we used to hide up in the Radome to listen to games on AM radio. Well during one game the 219th EIS was transmitting on their MPM-16 radar so everytime their antenna swung our way we got a big beep on the radio. Very annoying, they were a bunch of aggies anyway. So when they went on break we went down and sabotaged their radar set, Problem solved.

Pack some underwear, toothbrush, NO cigarettes, and some AstroGlide(TM).
Oh, and arrange for someone to collect your mail and newspapers for...hmmmm...anywhere from 5 to Life.

See ya' soon!

Signed:
Thumpnoggin, Mortimer A.
Captain
USAF Security Service

DMAFB_Sooner08
5/4/2009, 11:20 PM
Ditto. I swear if she tells me to calm down one more time during a game i'm gonna.......
Suggestions?

This would be a question for Justin Chaisson...just sayin

colinreturn
5/4/2009, 11:45 PM
I would give up every childhood christmas for OU TEXAS every year.

Collier11
5/5/2009, 12:11 AM
I would give up every childhood christmas for OU *Texas* every year.

Fail

Crucifax Autumn
5/5/2009, 12:12 AM
This would be a question for Justin Chaisson...just sayin

That's so horrible. The kid messed up. I like the kid. I'm in Vegas and he seems to be a really good kid that screwed up.

But goddamned mother****er holy **** THAT is FRIGGIN FUNNY!

OU_Sooners75
5/5/2009, 03:06 AM
My daughters b-day was the same day as OU-OSU 2 years ago and I just had the party at my house and never left my chair.

I'm sorry, that is pathetic.

You didnt even get up to yell or scream when we scored?

Lazy ****!

NOVSooner
5/5/2009, 08:44 AM
Sounds like my place!

+1

Crimson Kid
5/5/2009, 10:09 AM
I thought that was what half time was for.

I give my wife a 2 minuet warning.

My wife, she wants the full court press, not any of that half court shiot, or i get suspended a game or two. :D

PhiDeltBeers
5/5/2009, 10:22 AM
I got married on the day of the OU Oregon fiasco. In between the ceremony and the reception, I found a room in the church with a tv and was watching the game. After the (short) reception, my wife and I were driving to Dallas from Tulsa. After the final few plays of the game, I didn't say a word for about 3 hours. I'd just gotten married and I was utterly pissed! Ya think I'm a diehard? I didn't get any that night!

Collier11
5/5/2009, 10:37 AM
So it was your fault!!

picasso
5/5/2009, 11:08 AM
Nick Zepp?

yes. "Grammer police." :rolleyes:

TUSooner
5/5/2009, 11:12 AM
Hey Kid -
Here's what sucks: Bad spellers with thin skins and no sense of humor who give out hasty neg spek.
Thou art indeed a ****head, methinks.

picasso
5/5/2009, 11:14 AM
yeah, me too. just from the title I could have sworn it was Nick Zepp.

not throwing any stones here though.

picasso
5/5/2009, 11:15 AM
ye olde English grammar constable?

picasso
5/5/2009, 11:36 AM
oh and I love OU football more than Nick Zeppelin.;)

A-M
5/5/2009, 11:45 AM

You're looking in the wrong places. I'm sitting right here in south OKC. (Sorry to be a little too old for you, but I'm sure there are younger ones out there that feel the way I do.)

eyeballjr
5/7/2009, 03:19 AM
OU/Miami game, on the way from Tulsa on the turnpike, collided with a car due to rainy conditions. Truck rolled 3 1/2 times, driver was ejected. I came out of it with a pretty swollen face and some cuts. Didn't need Medical care imo. Driver was taken to the OU medical center. Before the wrecker towed the truck, i climbed back into the cab and found our tickets. Caught a ride to the game with the Uncle of the guy that we collided with. I wasn't gonna miss that game for nothing.

BTW my buddy that got ejected said there where no hard feelings, he got to watch the game at the hospital. He ended up with a few fractured vertabra but is fine now.

Crimson Kid
5/7/2009, 09:00 AM
Hey Kid -
Here's what sucks: Bad spellers with thin skins and no sense of humor who give out hasty neg spek.

Maybe you need some of that thick skin you speak of.

MamaMia
5/7/2009, 12:41 PM
My husband and I secretly provided 2 very sweet OU/Mizzou tickets to our daughters OB/GYN doctor, so that he would do her C-Section at 6:00am as apposed to the previously scheduled 2:30pm time.

retnuH03
5/7/2009, 10:32 PM
I reffed a soccer game during ou/tx the 14-3 game and bought a small am radio and kept it in my breast pocket

Crucifax Autumn
5/7/2009, 11:04 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again...I don't do ANYTHING else during the game unless drinking and screaming like a lunatic count.

Collier11
5/7/2009, 11:08 PM
sometimes I have to stop drinking for 30 minutes so I dont barf, but then its back on..and thats only for games that start at 7 ;)

Crucifax Autumn
5/7/2009, 11:28 PM
I'm in Pacific time so I have to do some morning drinking frequently during the season...then I nap and get drunk again! lol

DMAFB_Sooner08
5/8/2009, 01:01 PM
I'm in Pacific time so I have to do some morning drinking frequently during the season...then I nap and get drunk again! lol

ditto there are many weekends (to include sundays) that I am drunk by noon, my wife hates it out here...haha

A-M
5/8/2009, 04:59 PM
My husband and I secretly provided 2 very sweet OU/Mizzou tickets to our daughters OB/GYN doctor, so that he would do her C-Section at 6:00am as apposed to the previously scheduled 2:30pm time.

I really do like this. Thanks for giving me a good laugh!